PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Crysis 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
ModernSith2010
 
ModernSith2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 688

demontweak08's Gamercard
Question I Don't Get It(Possible Spoiler's)

I'm feeling really confused and stupid and I'm wondering if I am the only one and if so can anybody clear it up. Now here come the possible spoiler part, thoughout Crysis 2 your playing as Alcatraz in Prophet's suite as Prophet killed himself as he was infected, now how come in the "Plot" write up it says you resume the role of "Prophet"! How, he killed himself .

The only thing I can come up with is he is the suite and is taking control of Alcatraz. I'm also hoping that they tell you what the hell you have been doing for the 24 year's since the events in crysis 2. Another thing I would like cleared up is what has happened to Nomad, as I have just completed Crysis on Xbox 360 and at the end you are alive and going back to help Prophet.

I sure hope I am not the only one confused by this and if so that someone can clear this up for me. Thanks in advance
__________________
  • Retail 100%:7
  • Arcade 100%:2
ModernSith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
DEG23
Listening to 1989
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,800

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I can't remember the finer points of the story but i think the nanosuit, creates a bridge between its software and the wearer's DNA. So because Prophet was the first to wear the suit, Alcatraz has become infused with Prophet's DNA. So he has 'become' Prophet.

As for Nomad, i'm not sure what happened to him but he may appear in Crysis 3, i only say that because in one of the trailers i could of sworn i heard Psycho's voice.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
OceanH
 
OceanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,629

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
I'm feeling really confused and stupid and I'm wondering if I am the only one and if so can anybody clear it up. Now here come the possible spoiler part, thoughout Crysis 2 your playing as Alcatraz in Prophet's suite as Prophet killed himself as he was infected, now how come in the "Plot" write up it says you resume the role of "Prophet"! How, he killed himself .

The only thing I can come up with is he is the suite and is taking control of Alcatraz. I'm also hoping that they tell you what the hell you have been doing for the 24 year's since the events in crysis 2. Another thing I would like cleared up is what has happened to Nomad, as I have just completed Crysis on Xbox 360 and at the end you are alive and going back to help Prophet.

I sure hope I am not the only one confused by this and if so that someone can clear this up for me. Thanks in advance
I'm a PC gamer and played Crysis and Crysis: Warhead back in the time and they royally fucked up the story with Crysis 2. They "sorta" rebooted Crysis with Crysis 2. For me, the story is just fucked.
__________________
PSN ID: OceanH / XBL gamertag: Ocean H
OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
TRAGICTRIXIE
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 527

TRAGICTYPHON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
I'm feeling really confused and stupid and I'm wondering if I am the only one and if so can anybody clear it up. Now here come the possible spoiler part, thoughout Crysis 2 your playing as Alcatraz in Prophet's suite as Prophet killed himself as he was infected, now how come in the "Plot" write up it says you resume the role of "Prophet"! How, he killed himself .

The only thing I can come up with is he is the suite and is taking control of Alcatraz. I'm also hoping that they tell you what the hell you have been doing for the 24 year's since the events in crysis 2. Another thing I would like cleared up is what has happened to Nomad, as I have just completed Crysis on Xbox 360 and at the end you are alive and going back to help Prophet.

I sure hope I am not the only one confused by this and if so that someone can clear this up for me. Thanks in advance

Alcatraz is prophet now. Prophet killed himself so that the suit would bond with Alcatraz but that failed and prophets mind was still bonded with the suit so at the end of crysis 2 you find out that prophets mind bonded with Alcatraz's so they are now one in the same basically. Prophet is dead but his mind is now Alcatraz's so basically its like a ghost in the machine kind of thing going on.
Also Nomad is dead. There is a graphic novel that bridges the gap between crysis 1 and crysis 2. Nomad gets killed by an RPG while protecting prophet and the crew.
TRAGICTRIXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
TRAGICTRIXIE
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 527

TRAGICTYPHON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
I'm a PC gamer and played Crysis and Crysis: Warhead back in the time and they royally fucked up the story with Crysis 2. They "sorta" rebooted Crysis with Crysis 2. For me, the story is just fucked.
They didn't fuck up the story at all. Crysis and Crysis warhead take place at the same time and with crysis 2 it continues right after crysis 1 and warhead but they bridge the gap with a graphic novel which no on has seemed to read besides me on these forums. It tells what happens to nomad,psycho,prophet, Helena and how prophet begins to work for Hargreave. You even have flash backs in crysis 2 explaining a little back story. The story isn't completely fucked yet, it's really easy to understand
TRAGICTRIXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #6
OceanH
 
OceanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,629

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAGICTRIXIE View Post
Alcatraz is prophet now. Prophet killed himself so that the suit would bond with Alcatraz but that failed and prophets mind was still bonded with the suit so at the end of crysis 2 you find out that prophets mind bonded with Alcatraz's so they are now one in the same basically. Prophet is dead but his mind is now Alcatraz's so basically its like a ghost in the machine kind of thing going on.
Also Nomad is dead. There is a graphic novel that bridges the gap between crysis 1 and crysis 2. Nomad gets killed by an RPG while protecting prophet and the crew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAGICTRIXIE View Post
They didn't fuck up the story at all. Crysis and Crysis warhead take place at the same time and with crysis 2 it continues right after crysis 1 and warhead but they bridge the gap with a graphic novel which no on has seemed to read besides me on these forums. It tells what happens to nomad,psycho,prophet, Helena and how prophet begins to work for Hargreave. You even have flash backs in crysis 2 explaining a little back story. The story isn't completely fucked yet, it's really easy to understand
That's a horrible story they came up to bridge. Really hate where this is going.
__________________
PSN ID: OceanH / XBL gamertag: Ocean H
OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
Seba3322
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 25

Sancrea's Gamercard
So where can i find this graphic novel?
Seba3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
Evo089
 
Evo089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 38

Evo089's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAGICTRIXIE View Post
Alcatraz is prophet now. Prophet killed himself so that the suit would bond with Alcatraz but that failed and prophets mind was still bonded with the suit so at the end of crysis 2 you find out that prophets mind bonded with Alcatraz's so they are now one in the same basically. Prophet is dead but his mind is now Alcatraz's so basically its like a ghost in the machine kind of thing going on.
Also Nomad is dead. There is a graphic novel that bridges the gap between crysis 1 and crysis 2. Nomad gets killed by an RPG while protecting prophet and the crew.
Why couldn't it have been left with Alcatraz taking over the suit and leaving Prophet dead? Unless in this game there's going to be an internal fight between Alcatraz and Prophet collectively being in the same mind in one suit then it seems like a pointless and to be honest lame segment of the story. Just have the suit transferred to another guy and move on.

And also how did Prophet cut the suit off himself with a scalpel when later in Crysis 2 a machine with lasers struggled to make a scratch... that always did confuse me.
__________________
Lynch: Woah, at least we got away...
Kane: Nobody gets away with what you just did!
Evo089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #9
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,678

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I finally got around to googling what the hell happened to Nomad in the comic.. seriously considering not getting this game if they think a major plot point can be wasted on a comic instead of the goddamn video games the comic is based on.
__________________

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
kinjoking
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 368

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
the crysis book was amazingly good!
also, at the end of crysis 2, alcatraz declares himself as prophet. nuff said.
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 AM.