PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
conquerator2

Surfin Safari and La Bamba

I have 5 stars in all the other songs, but for the life of me I just cant do these two. I believe the main problem is that the song is too fast (maybe?) and definitely the moves... I just dunno what Im doing wrong but its usually my hands that are glowing. I believe its due to you having to flail your hands up a lot and its simply out of the kinect's field vision. Nonetheless, if somebody still reads these posts, any help would be appreciated. Having Kinect in a bright room helped tremendously but these two songs are just meh... Well cya guys and thx
conquerator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
elsmitmyster

elsmitmyster's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
I have 5 stars in all the other songs, but for the life of me I just cant do these two. I believe the main problem is that the song is too fast (maybe?) and definitely the moves... I just dunno what Im doing wrong but its usually my hands that are glowing. I believe its due to you having to flail your hands up a lot and its simply out of the kinect's field vision. Nonetheless, if somebody still reads these posts, any help would be appreciated. Having Kinect in a bright room helped tremendously but these two songs are just meh... Well cya guys and thx
I too am having major difficulties with surfin' safari - inparticular the move where you move your arms in a circle in front of you and the foot twist move where your arms are also moving from left to right. Didn't have too much of a problem with la bamba, but just make sure you're moving your legs/feet too when you need to.

elsmitmyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
Of cass

Send a message via AIM to Of cass

of CASS's Gamercard
Make sure elbows are level with your shoulders when you do any moves that pop or lock. For me the main change on surfin' safari that i needed was to move my feet around wider for the sensor to register it. I moved them higher and wider than the chipmunks

Gl
Of cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
conquerator2

The game is a 1000G now Thanks guys
conquerator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
MathGuy42

MathGuy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I am also having trouble with La Bamba, having only reached 4 stars once. It's the last song I need.

Playing with the synchronization seemed to help with some songs. Some did well at 0 ms, some at 350 ms, some in-between. I guess I haven't found a sweet spot for La Bamba yet.

Edit: Finally got La Bamba. I played at 350 ms sync. Like most songs, you have to experiment to find what the sensor wants. These adjustments helped me, but your mileage may vary:
Swinging arms up: swaying side to side at the same time
Swinging arms across body: I swung my arms lower than on most songs, more like chest height instead of shoulder height
Swinging arms and twisting foot: I moved my whole body side to side
I never could get the hand chopping consistently right. And even the moves above only sometimes gave me blue checkmarks. On my successful run, I got 2 Munkpowers. I reached 5 stars with only one cue card to spare.

Last edited by MathGuy42; 08-28-2013 at 01:45 AM.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote