Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
MACdanstaface

MACdanstaface's Gamercard
Question Now they Fly "Legit"?

Not interested in "boosting" , just curious if anyone got it legit (playing normally, not using the jumps with the warthog) - and if so, where?

I'm thinking the ramp next to the jump might be a good spot. Anywhere else?

Thx to SeedyEvil for the Sig

MACdanstaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I got it while playing on Harvest through natural play. The driver of my vehicle was just cruising around and we hit a small bump in the terrain and at that moment I killed somebody with the turret and the achievement unlocked. I even went to theatre mode and saved it as a clip.

If I remember correctly, the jump was at blue base just after exiting the small corridor in the very back.
Latest arcade completion: Dust: An Elysian Tail
Currently Ranked #1 on Achievement Completion Percentage Leaderboard on TA

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
BiggD
100 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Why not check the Crimson Sub-Forums instead of making a separate thread...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...lay.php?f=2896
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=405848

Thanks to Xerofox for the alluringly arousing signature!

~ FALLOUT IS LOVE, FALLOUT IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
MACdanstaface

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Why not check the Crimson Sub-Forums instead of making a separate thread...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...lay.php?f=2896
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=405848
Because all the discussions I found in the subforum - your guide included - mention the "easiest/fastest" way to get it, which is not what I'm asking.

"Legit" might not be the best word, but hijacking a warthog and melee the driver while hoping for a bump is not what I had in mind...

Old 03-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Emerald   Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACdanstaface View Post
(playing normally, not using the jumps with the warthog)
How is that not legit? I got it that way in a match with three of my friends. Yeah, we were trying to get the achievement, but we didn't know the other team and they weren't letting us do it. We just drove back and forth gunning at them.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
MACdanstaface

I didn't want to start a whole legit/not legit argument. Like I wrote earlier, I used "legit" for lack of better word...

I only play big team, so I'll only get it on wreckage. I've played numerous games with random warthogs flying in the air from start to finish, but it doesn't make for super fun games (but they are funny).

I'm really enjoying the mp in H4, and plan on playing for quite a while. That's why I'm pretty sure I'll get it without playing for the achievment. I just posted to get pointers for the locations I would be most likely to get it...

Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You're really just arguing semantics here. You want a "legit" way to earn this achievement, but then when people list off the different ways to unlock it short of boosting with friends, it's not enough. The way I see it, just play the game, focus on driving a warthog or hijacking Warthogs and eventually the thing is bound to pop. There's never going to be a set "opportunity" for this achievement to occur legitimately. It's going to be completely based on luck. There's plenty of airtime on both Wreckage and Shattered. Just go off a bunch of hills and somebody is bound to be underneath your vehicle sooner or later. If that's not working, sometimes running into a building and tumbling backwards off of it while crushing an enemy in the process will pop the achievement. For something more specific, try taking the Warthog off the Man Cannon and crushing an enemy at the top of it.

And on that subject, you'll probably have to do it 5 or 6 times for it to actually unlock. I pulled this achievement off legit a few times (one time even getting a mid-air double kill) and the achievement never popped, but I did get it for being in a Ghost and getting stomped on by a Mantis in a regular match, so technically I still earned mine legit.

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 03-17-2013 at 11:47 PM.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #8
BiggD
100 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Now They Fly? 50
In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, get a kill while airborne in a Warthog.

Alternative method: Hop into the passenger seat of a Warthog with a Rocket Launcher. When your driver accelerates off a jump or Man Cannon, be ready to blast away any enemy Spartans while in mid-air. Man Cannons can be found on 'Wreckage', while multiple 'rock-ramps' can be located on ‘Harvest.’

Alternative method: If an enemy is driving the Warthog, jump into the passenger seat if it's free. While in the seat, you can melee the driver and get a kill. It will take two melee hits to kill them. Hopefully they'll hit a jump, which can let you melee once before the launch and another while mid-air (Thanks to Nozza for this tip!).
These are LEGIT methods. If they do not satisfy your definition or parameters of obtaining this legit...than I don't know what to tell you.

Thanks to Xerofox for the alluringly arousing signature!

~ FALLOUT IS LOVE, FALLOUT IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 AM   #9
Ty-Rex

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed - Tier 4   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'm so confused with what the OP is asking. He says he doesn't want to get it by just driving around the map hitting jumps over and over, but he wants to know spots to get it so he can... uh... jump off them over and over and have slightly better odds?

what?

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
imabhi

abp slayer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACdanstaface View Post
Not interested in "boosting" , just curious if anyone got it legit (playing normally, not using the jumps with the warthog) - and if so, where?

I'm thinking the ramp next to the jump might be a good spot. Anywhere else?
This is how i got it.. Kinda wierd.

So I saw an enemy warthog with driver and gunner in it. I plasma pistolled it, hijacked the driver. The driver somehow managed to get on the passenger seat to melee me. I immediately drove it off the cliff. I got suicide, doublekill and this achievement. All this happened in a span of 6 to 8 secs in Wreckage.

Last edited by imabhi; 03-19-2013 at 07:29 PM.
imabhi is offline   Reply With Quote