PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Duplication glitch - Post patch 1.7.3 July 13th

this will last you until creative mode!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:

Last edited by JORDAN K 95; 09-02-2012 at 08:20 PM.
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
AwA SepHiRoTH

Tactical Sephy's Gamercard
also the duplication glitch before the 1.7.3 still works. the one with the dispenser a sword and what you want duped
AwA SepHiRoTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Cygnes

Cygnes's Gamercard
I gave this a shot and most of the time the stacks just disappear. And some times i end up with a stack of something like 253. Is this normal? Should I not save? Can doing this trash your save?

Thanx
Old 07-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Arrie3

armandotjuh@live.nl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnes View Post
I gave this a shot and most of the time the stacks just disappear. And some times i end up with a stack of something like 253. Is this normal? Should I not save? Can doing this trash your save?

Thanx
If you throw your stack of 255 on the ground, open the chest you take up the stack and start fill your chest with 64's and then u save it
when u re open it take one stack out of it and place one in invetory 63 in hot bar , and voíla u got your infinete stack back to 255 =D, when it stays at 63 blocks u just place one, or two then it will pop up to 255 i tought.

Click on sig for ninja defuse montage! !
Arrie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
IVIR BLOBBY

IVIR BLOBBY's Gamercard
it mkay be because ive been up for 25 hours but i do not get how the hell your supposed to do this, i cant follow what your meant to do, you explain for about 20 seconds and then go on about peoples names and how you were first to do this, good for you, maybe you can make it clearer ?

can anyone explain this a bit better, i want to try the dupe glitch to try and build a megastructure

Guides - DR2: off the record
IVIR BLOBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIR BLOBBY View Post
it mkay be because ive been up for 25 hours but i do not get how the hell your supposed to do this, i cant follow what your meant to do, you explain for about 20 seconds and then go on about peoples names and how you were first to do this, good for you, maybe you can make it clearer ?

can anyone explain this a bit better, i want to try the dupe glitch to try and build a megastructure
i diddnt make the video, and i cant explain it any clearer than in the video.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 07-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
Arrie3

armandotjuh@live.nl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the real a 0bsolete View Post
i can't get this glitch to work either.. and OP, this isn't even your video??
people can take video's from youtube, thats not a problem

Click on sig for ninja defuse montage! !
Arrie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Best thing to do I guess, is delete the updates, play offline and use the first dupe glitch. Then download the update again. Unless you care about Leaderboards that is.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by the real a 0bsolete View Post
i can't get this glitch to work either.. and OP, this isn't even your video??
i never said it was my video, i would have mentioned if it was

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 07-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
imo its just much easier deleting the patches then using 1 of the old duplicating glitches then reinstalling the updates
Old 07-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

I found the first dupe glitch easiest to use. But when that was patched, I've not duped anything after havin trouble with duping. So all my work is legit and has taken forever to ffarm materials.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
currently the only thing ive ever duped is obsideon...partly because im trying to creeper proof my castle but mostly because im not sitting there for the rest of my life mining it
Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
david199619

David199619's Gamercard
I used it and it worked two times out of twenty....easier to just use the first one by uninstalling updates and disconnected from internet....
david199619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
zslux

zslux's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Best thing to do I guess, is delete the updates, play offline and use the first dupe glitch. Then download the update again. Unless you care about Leaderboards that is.
All that time spent? Its quicker to do the dupe glitch posted here. There is another dupe glitch that works quicker.. about 50% of the time it works.

zslux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
My friend found this a few days ago, I wish they'd just put creative mode in instead of patching the original glitch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
My friend found this a few days ago, I wish they'd just put creative mode in instead of patching the original glitch...
hopefully creative mode will be here with the 1.8 update
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
The previous duplication glitch using the dispenser still works. I have chests full of things that I have duplicated. Just have to make sure that the person clicking the item in the dispenser holds down the 'A' button so that the item flickers.

If timing is correct it will duplicate and you can put endless supplies in your chest. You'll know that it worked when the item appears on the floor and cannot be picked up.

I also found that if you have some of those items in your inventory, you can continue to use them indefinitely as they will not disappear from the inventory.

I just play for fun and like to build cool stuff. So I've duplicated just about anything that I need.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #18
x2i

x2i's Gamercard
For anyone experiencing troubles with this glitch, here's a text walkthrough of how I do it with the Furnace. It works 90% of the time. Make sure you save your game before doing this as sometimes if it doesn't work, you will lose both items and other times the game can freeze - i've been using this a lot and only had 1 freeze so it's not too common.

Step 1: Make a Furnace, a pickaxe and a shovel.

Step 2: Place the Furnace down anywhere, open the Furnace interface and put whatever item you wish to duplicate in the Ingredient slot (Very Top).

Step 3: Exit out of the Furnace interface and stand atop the Furnace looking down onto it. Make sure your Pickaxe and Shovel are next to each other in your mini-inventory for ease of use.

Step 4: Equip your Pickaxe and start hitting away at the block until it is just seconds away from breaking. You will know this is near when the cracks in the Furnace start to hit the edges.

Step 5: As it is about to break, quickly switch to your Shovel (LB / RB) whilst continuing to hold down the mine button (RT) to finish the remaining bit off. The closer to the end of the Furnace breaking you do the swap from Pickaxe to Shovel, the more likely this will work.

Step 6: If done correctly you will see the Furnace disappear from underneath you for like a second... when this happens quickly open up the Furnace interface (LT) and highlight the item you're duplicating in the Ingredients slot. Hold down the A button to see it flicker on and off.

Step 7: After about 10 seconds the Furnace should completely disappear and there will be a solitary item in the middle of the floor where the Furnace was. It cannot be picked up and this is how you will know you have done it right.

Step 8: Although I said it cannot be picked up, standing over it will cause what I call a source item to appear in your inventory. Sometimes it will be 1 block, sometimes 64 or even as much as 200 - don't worry if so, it won't harm your game any more than what I mentioned at the start.

Step 9: Pick up the Source Item in the inventory and move it to an empty slot. Now simply hold down X to trade one item into that slot. The counter should decrease to 0 in the item you are currently holding but when it gets to 0, it will jump back to 64 again and you can continue to do this to your hearts content. Fill up some chests for safe keeping.

As a side note... quitting the game and restarting will cause said source items to turn back into regular items and you will have to do the glitch again. So get as much as you can with it whilst you have it.

Let me know if you find this helpful or not. If there are still uncertainties then I will clarify even further.

Peace out.

Create Your Own Gamercards Here:
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com
x2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #19
xPsYcHoSaWYeR

x PsYcHo SaWYeR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2i View Post
For anyone experiencing troubles with this glitch, here's a text walkthrough of how I do it with the Furnace. It works 90% of the time. Make sure you save your game before doing this as sometimes if it doesn't work, you will lose both items and other times the game can freeze - i've been using this a lot and only had 1 freeze so it's not too common.

Step 1: Make a Furnace, a pickaxe and a shovel.

Step 2: Place the Furnace down anywhere, open the Furnace interface and put whatever item you wish to duplicate in the Ingredient slot (Very Top).

Step 3: Exit out of the Furnace interface and stand atop the Furnace looking down onto it. Make sure your Pickaxe and Shovel are next to each other in your mini-inventory for ease of use.

Step 4: Equip your Pickaxe and start hitting away at the block until it is just seconds away from breaking. You will know this is near when the cracks in the Furnace start to hit the edges.

Step 5: As it is about to break, quickly switch to your Shovel (LB / RB) whilst continuing to hold down the mine button (RT) to finish the remaining bit off. The closer to the end of the Furnace breaking you do the swap from Pickaxe to Shovel, the more likely this will work.

Step 6: If done correctly you will see the Furnace disappear from underneath you for like a second... when this happens quickly open up the Furnace interface (LT) and highlight the item you're duplicating in the Ingredients slot. Hold down the A button to see it flicker on and off.

Step 7: After about 10 seconds the Furnace should completely disappear and there will be a solitary item in the middle of the floor where the Furnace was. It cannot be picked up and this is how you will know you have done it right.

Step 8: Although I said it cannot be picked up, standing over it will cause what I call a source item to appear in your inventory. Sometimes it will be 1 block, sometimes 64 or even as much as 200 - don't worry if so, it won't harm your game any more than what I mentioned at the start.

Step 9: Pick up the Source Item in the inventory and move it to an empty slot. Now simply hold down X to trade one item into that slot. The counter should decrease to 0 in the item you are currently holding but when it gets to 0, it will jump back to 64 again and you can continue to do this to your hearts content. Fill up some chests for safe keeping.

As a side note... quitting the game and restarting will cause said source items to turn back into regular items and you will have to do the glitch again. So get as much as you can with it whilst you have it.

Let me know if you find this helpful or not. If there are still uncertainties then I will clarify even further.

Peace out.
Nice easy method layout there in text but when the 64 appears if u hold x in ur inventory to make another 64 appear then place that in your hotbar and u can place a unlimited amount until you restart or end the game
xPsYcHoSaWYeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #20
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
OK... so exactly why would I do this if, when I quit, I loose it?

Better to just clear the cache.
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #21
x2i

x2i's Gamercard
@Templar Baggins

You don't lose any of the duplicates you have made... only the 'source item' which is used for duplicating. It turns into a regular item and cannot be used for duplicating unless you do the glitch again.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #22
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2i View Post
@Templar Baggins

You don't lose any of the duplicates you have made... only the 'source item' which is used for duplicating. It turns into a regular item and cannot be used for duplicating unless you do the glitch again.
Gotcha - guess I just read it wrong
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #23
DarkCrown

DarkCrown JGT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
So if my item disappears (furnace and item) it mean I totally screw that up?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
x2i

x2i's Gamercard
If either of your items disappear you will need to fetch another one from somewhere, thats why it is advised you only put one of any item in the furnace to avoid losing an entire pile.

It will only have worked when there is an item on the floor that cannot be picked up.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #25
RaccoonNinja28

RaccoonNinja28's Gamercard
I hope it's not just me, but the duplication glitch is the worst part of the game. Do everything legit until creative is available. It's not that hard. If you duplicate your world isn't legit anymore.

Murder Nature(Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)
Kill all the Animal Types. 30

Deadliest Warrior: Legends

RaccoonNinja28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #26
Cheftastytreats

ChefTastyTreats's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaccoonNinja28 View Post
I hope it's not just me, but the duplication glitch is the worst part of the game. Do everything legit until creative is available. It's not that hard. If you duplicate your world isn't legit anymore.
So you're trying to tell me that if I want to make an obsidian house you want me to spend an hour mining 60 pieces of obsidian?

no thanks, go get butthurt somewhere else
Cheftastytreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #27
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftastytreats View Post
So you're trying to tell me that if I want to make an obsidian house you want me to spend an hour mining 60 pieces of obsidian?

no thanks, go get butthurt somewhere else
I cleared out an entire area of about 16x32x15 that was mostly magma. Took me over two days to clear. Now I have enough obsidian to build a house...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #28
Cheftastytreats

ChefTastyTreats's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
I cleared out an entire area of about 16x32x15 that was mostly magma. Took me over two days to clear. Now I have enough obsidian to build a house...
see what im saying
Cheftastytreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #29
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftastytreats View Post
see what im saying
Umm, that breezing through life is better than working hard for what you earn?
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #30
LordDVS

Bac0n Gamer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaccoonNinja28 View Post
So, when we do get Creation mode added later, having access to infinite supplies and ability to fly around will NOT be legit? Yeah, this is cheating, but it's not harmful cheating. It's a fair work-around in my opinion. There is a sense of fulfillment when mining your own supplies. But there is a sense of loathing and boredom farming Obsidian.