PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #31
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDVS View Post
So, when we do get Creation mode added later, having access to infinite supplies and ability to fly around will NOT be legit? Yeah, this is cheating, but it's not harmful cheating. It's a fair work-around in my opinion. There is a sense of fulfillment when mining your own supplies. But there is a sense of loathing and boredom farming Obsidian.
Creative is a separate mode from Survival, so they really aren't the same game.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #32
LordDVS

Bac0n Gamer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
I'm well aware of that. So, if you turn the setting to Peaceful, it's no longer Survival really. No mobs, fast regen health, yada yada. What is being said is we're just blurring the lines on what separates the 2.

Otherwise, let's crank it up to Hard and have a ball!
Old 07-22-2012, 02:51 AM   #33
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
my game seems to freeze 100% of the time shortly after attempting the offline glitch.

GUIDES:
Alice: Madness Returns (Ach, Col)
Arcania Gothic 4 Recipies
Armored Core: For Answer Complete Guide
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collectables
Dark Souls Achievement Guide
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:12 AM   #34
LordDVS

Bac0n Gamer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by II OE II View Post
my game seems to freeze 100% of the time shortly after attempting the offline glitch.
Do you mean, you clear your cache and do the old dispenser trick? I just done what the video in the OP posted showed. That doesn't require you to be offline tho. It took a minute to get used to what I had to do, but I've got it down pretty good.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #35
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
both of them ive tried and get freezing.

EDIT: Finally i was able to accomplish this without having my game freeze, guess i was just unlucky.

GUIDES:
Alice: Madness Returns (Ach, Col)
Arcania Gothic 4 Recipies
Armored Core: For Answer Complete Guide
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collectables
Dark Souls Achievement Guide
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases

Last edited by II OE II; 07-22-2012 at 03:25 AM.
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #36
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDVS View Post
I'm well aware of that. So, if you turn the setting to Peaceful, it's no longer Survival really. No mobs, fast regen health, yada yada. What is being said is we're just blurring the lines on what separates the 2.

Otherwise, let's crank it up to Hard and have a ball!
On peaceful, you won't get bones, string, or slimeballs. Gotta play with mobs to get sticky pistions...
Old 07-24-2012, 12:55 AM   #37
DarkCrown

DarkCrown JGT's Gamercard

Quote:
Umm, that breezing through life is better than working hard for what you earn?
Dude it's a game , you can't compare it to reality
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #38
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCrown View Post
Dude it's a game , you can't compare it to reality
I think you can. Its refered to as a person's 'character'. If you are willing to take shortcuts in a game to get what you want, or to the end, by any means possible. then in real life you are probably likely to do the same.

But that's neither here nor there. Play the game any way you like, I'm not judging.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #39
BadSpawn

TARDIScorp's Gamercard
I have done this glitch god knows how many times, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right.. Changing to shovel, waiting to the last minute to change... But once I got to something where I couldn't pick it up but no item got in my inventory.. The rest I only got the ingredient out of it or nothing there... Is there anything little I could of got wrong.. It just seems like a fairly simple glitch...
BadSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #40
AssM0nk3yZ3r0

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA So we should all waste 2 days of our life mining enough obsidian to build one house? You go ahead and do that While i dupe 10464 glass blocks to make the first sphere on Xbox as big as you can above ground. (still have yet to see one bigger) OR while i dupe over 6800 blocks of black wool to build my spider and over 100k in my cobra. So yeah you go chase sheep and squid around for a month while everyone else continues to build what every they want when they want.
AssM0nk3yZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #41
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssM0nk3yZ3r0 View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA So we should all waste 2 days of our life mining enough obsidian to build one house? You go ahead and do that While i dupe 10464 glass blocks to make the first sphere on Xbox as big as you can above ground. (still have yet to see one bigger) OR while i dupe over 6800 blocks of black wool to build my spider and over 100k in my cobra. So yeah you go chase sheep and squid around for a month while everyone else continues to build what every they want when they want.
I've changed my tactics. Instead of building, I'm tearing down. Going to see if I can get my whole world down to bedrock. Dupe that buddy...
Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #42
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaccoonNinja28 View Post
I hope it's not just me, but the duplication glitch is the worst part of the game. Do everything legit until creative is available. It's not that hard. If you duplicate your world isn't legit anymore.
What if I wanted to build a huge structure out of jack-o-lanterns? Can't farm them yet and there aren't many pumpkins on a world. So what then?

Quote:
Sure is. No stress and no problems.

Quote:
Same game, different modes in the same game.

Quote:
But that's neither here nor there. Play the game any way you like, I'm not judging.
LOOOL. Right. You're not judging? Because I totally saw a few of your posts where you're like "too bad it's all duped" and shit. That post obviously means you have a problem with people playing how they want, considering you're always ragging on people who dupe and who want creative mode to have FUN in a GAME.

Quote:
This is the most logical thing that I have read all day. Continue duping and building freely my friend.

Quote:
I've changed my tactics. Instead of building, I'm tearing down. Going to see if I can get my whole world down to bedrock. Dupe that buddy...
What about the things required to make pickaxes/shovels? Surely you will need a lot of diamonds and sticks right? Trying to get a whole world to Bedrock is first of all a dumb idea, secondly you won't be running in to many diamonds and you just might have to dupe them to do that. *sheds a tear*

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #43
AssM0nk3yZ3r0

Quote:
As so you are tired of not having enough of what you need since you wont dupe or you just suck at building? Either way you will fail at this task just the same. Well if i was attempting this i would dupe the hell out of some TNT and tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
What if I wanted to build a huge structure out of jack-o-lanterns? Can't farm them yet and there aren't many pumpkins on a world. So what then?

Sure is. No stress and no problems.

Same game, different modes in the same game.

LOOOL. Right. You're not judging? Because I totally saw a few of your posts where you're like "too bad it's all duped" and shit. That post obviously means you have a problem with people playing how they want, considering you're always ragging on people who dupe and who want creative mode to have FUN in a GAME.

This is the most logical thing that I have read all day. Continue duping and building freely my friend.

What about the things required to make pickaxes/shovels? Surely you will need a lot of diamonds and sticks right? Trying to get a whole world to Bedrock is first of all a dumb idea, secondly you won't be running in to many diamonds and you just might have to dupe them to do that. *sheds a tear*
Someone get a bucket of water. This guy is on fire. He made 5 of you look stupid and gave me kudos all in one post. I tip my beer to you buddy.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #44
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Quote:
Well one would say its probably easier to duplicate TNT to level the world then spend all the time mining. : P

Quote:
Considering they are going to be mining the entire time I imagine they will run into plenty of diamonds considering each world is supposed to have somewhere around 10000 diamonds at least.

PLEASE NOTE: I just figured I'd point out these two mistakes in logic. I'm not at all interested in debating the validity of using the duplication glitch since other people using it has no effect on my game.

Last edited by d0ct0rscarecr0w; 09-04-2012 at 03:10 AM.
d0ct0rscarecr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #45
AssM0nk3yZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
Well one would say its probably easier to duplicate TNT to level the world then spend all the time mining. : P

Considering they are going to be mining the entire time I imagine they will run into plenty of diamonds considering each world is supposed to have somewhere around 1000 diamonds at least.

PLEASE NOTE: I just figured I'd point out these two mistakes in logic. I'm not at all interested in debating the validity of using the duplication glitch since other people using it has no effect on my game.
Well not to make fun but if your are going to point out mistakes in logic make sure you know what youre talking about first. Other wise you look just as stupid as the person youre trying to prove wrong.(If they were really wrong)

A map is 1024x1024 and lets say he has mostly land mass on his map. Well 1024x1024=1048576x65(water level)=68157440 blocks. Minus the caves and water. But add some for the hills and Mts.

1 pickaxe consist of 3 diamonds and 2 sticks. 1 pickaxe is good for 1562 uses.
1562/68157440=43635(rounded up) So he will need 43635 diamond pickaxes which would mean he would have to find 130905 diamonds. There are an average of 4 diamonds per chunk so you could potentially harvest around 16,384 diamonds. That's 5461 diamond picks which lets you mine ~8,192,000 blocks. Which leaves ~59965440 blocks. Even if he finished up with stone he would still have to dupe logs
Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 AM   #46
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Considering they are going to be mining the entire time I imagine they will run into plenty of diamonds considering each world is supposed to have somewhere around 1000 diamonds at least.
Well in comparison to all the dirt/gravel/sand/sandstone/stone that he would get over how many diamonds he would find is a pretty unfavorable ratio.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 AM   #47
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Well in comparison to all the dirt/gravel/sand/sandstone/stone that he would get over how many diamonds he would find is a pretty unfavorable ratio.
Yeah you are probably right. Besides, the time it would take would range in the years of continuous play simply to actually achieve the task.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #48
AssM0nk3yZ3r0

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah you are probably right. Besides, the time it would take would range in the years of continuous play simply to actually achieve the task.
Guys read my last post i worked it out for you. There is no probably right. I did the math for you just read the numbers.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #49
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Thanks, makes stuff a lot easier, especially mining
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #50
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

FYI, I don't use diamonds for tools. I save them. Plenty of iron & cobble to go around. Besides, I was being sarcastic. Call me antisocial, but some people just irk me when they open their mouth. No hard feelings tho...
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #51
Nevander

Quote:
FYI, I don't use diamonds for tools. I save them. Plenty of iron & cobble to go around. Besides, I was being sarcastic. Call me antisocial, but some people just irk me when they open their mouth. No hard feelings tho...
Yea it's all good.

For me it just bothers me when other people have big issues with the way that someone wants to play or what someone wants in a game. I mean yes, I really want 1.8 to come out ASAP but if it takes time to get it done right then fine, I can wait I guess.

To me it makes more sense to wait the time for 1.8 to come out for our version than to go and buy it on PC just to have the most current stuff.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #52
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Well not to make fun but if your are going to point out mistakes in logic make sure you know what youre talking about first. Other wise you look just as stupid as the person youre trying to prove wrong.(If they were really wrong)

A map is 1024x1024 and lets say he has mostly land mass on his map. Well 1024x1024=1048576x65(water level)=68157440 blocks. Minus the caves and water. But add some for the hills and Mts.

1 pickaxe consist of 3 diamonds and 2 sticks. 1 pickaxe is good for 1562 uses.
1562/68157440=43635(rounded up) So he will need 43635 diamond pickaxes which would mean he would have to find 130905 diamonds. There are an average of 4 diamonds per chunk so you could potentially harvest around 16,384 diamonds. That's 5461 diamond picks which lets you mine ~8,192,000 blocks. Which leaves ~59965440 blocks. Even if he finished up with stone he would still have to dupe logs
I'm going to just ignore your first comment. anyway moving on from that; Most of the math is fine. Here are some of the problem with it though.

1) you take your measurements from sea level (64 blocks up) and assume that the mountains will balance out the oceans. The problem with this is you are assuming someone who is planning on leveling an entire world is going to pick one that is mountainous... obviously they are going to go for a flatter world.

even if they didn't pick a flatter world, cobblestone won't make up the majority of the mountains and hills so they won't take up pick axes. so to account for oceans, caves, gravel, and dirt lets say all together cobblestone and other minerals are about 35 high. so 1024x1024x35 = 36,700,160 blocks to mine.

2) Near the end you say something about duping logs. That is completely silly since wood is a renewable resource and can be grown at any time.

Anyway, you're still right about there not being enough diamonds if one ONLY used diamond picks. I simply wouldn't reference your numbers.

Something that might not be easier but would be more doable would be to mine down all of the Nether. Of course doing so would probably result in an accidental lava death a few times over.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #53
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm going to just ignore your first comment. anyway moving on from that; Most of the math is fine. Here are some of the problem with it though.
actually his math is completely wrong hes based it on the same flaw pretty much everyone talking about mcx360 does, all his math is based on a 1024x1024 area of the current PC version of the game and doesnt take into account the fact that diamonds were made rarer in general and more of the diamond that does spawn is destroyed by the new cave system that was implemented

so all in all diamonds area lot more common on the current Xbox version than in the PC version which his math is based off

the correct math wouldnt make up the difference but when you discount all the other things he didnt account for in it (as you mentioned) it looks a lot better.

the task is a stupid one because of time but tools wouldnt be a problem... the sheer amount of iron you would mine attempting it would be more than enough to get the job done
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #54
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
actually his math is completely wrong hes based it on the same flaw pretty much everyone talking about mcx360 does, all his math is based on a 1024x1024 area of the current PC version of the game and doesnt take into account the fact that diamonds were made rarer in general and more of the diamond that does spawn is destroyed by the new cave system that was implemented

so all in all diamonds area lot more common on the current Xbox version than in the PC version which his math is based off

the correct math wouldnt make up the difference but when you discount all the other things he didnt account for in it (as you mentioned) it looks a lot better.

the task is a stupid one because of time but tools wouldnt be a problem... the sheer amount of iron you would mine attempting it would be more than enough to get the job done
Exactly, he's right... ONLY if you use all diamonds. Which would be a silly way to go about doing it in the first place.

Nice catch though, forgot the amount of diamonds in chunks had changed.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #55
Christian3330

Christian3330's Gamercard
I could not get this to work, I tried it about 10 times. Any advice?
Christian3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #56
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian3330 View Post
Keep trying. Try harder. Plastics...
Old 09-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #57
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian3330 View Post
took me 21 times once

keep trying.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #58
Holy Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaccoonNinja28 View Post
I hope it's not just me, but the duplication glitch is the worst part of the game. Do everything legit until creative is available. It's not that hard. If you duplicate your world isn't legit anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheftastytreats View Post
So you're trying to tell me that if I want to make an obsidian house you want me to spend an hour mining 60 pieces of obsidian?

no thanks, go get butthurt somewhere else
Quote:
Sigh again with the "legitimate" stuff. It is a game who cares how one plays it.

Some of us have other obligations outside of life then sitting mining away for hours. Such as children, wives, girl/boy friends, wanting to see the outside world....and I'm sure the people that breeze through the game don't do that in real life. I work my ass off on a daily basis. So when you implying that using this glitch amounts to said user being lazy or not a hard worker is kind of offensive. Being a disabled Iraq veteran that is home bound this glitch saves me a lot of time and pain (having to sit for so long) so I'm using it.

Again since there isn't a creative mode then why does it matter how you go about getting what you want. There is nothing wrong with wanting to save time.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #59
Jay May Hammo

JAY MAY HAMM0's Gamercard
Does this dupe glitch still work as off today?
Jay May Hammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #60
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay May Hammo View Post
Does this dupe glitch still work as off today?

Did last time I tried, and there's been no update since
100% - 26
--
50,000G - May 2013
--
Working On: Loads
--
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote