PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > Mirror's Edge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Mirror's Edge

ROADMAP

Overview

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
-Estimated time for 200: 4-8 hours (depending on speed run skill)
-Minimum playthroughs: 2 (1 story mode / 1 speed run mode)
-Offline: 20/20 (200)
-Online: 0/20 (0)
-Missable Achievements: 0 (level select)
-Unobtainable Achievements: 0
-Does difficulty affect achievements: No difficulty option
-Cheats disable achievements: No cheats
-Glitchy achievements: 3 (Neutralizer, Scream for me, and Thrill of the chase...see descriptions)
-Extra equipment needed: Windows Phone 7 or 8

Introduction

Mirror's Edge is a side-scrolling platformer that has you controlling Faith, a rooftop messenger in a futuristic, Utopian city where the news and communication is strictly controlled by the government. You must navigate from point to point using parkour-esque acrobatics. This game is direct port of the iPhone version that was released in 2010. Currently the game is listed at $2.99 in Windows Phone Store.

NOTE: As of 2/1/13, the game is no longer exclusive to Nokia Lumia Phones.

Step 1: Story Mode
Play through all the levels starting from the beginning. Try as get as many of the miscellaneous achievements as you can, though most will likely come just from playing.

Step 2: Speed Run Mode
Now that you are familiar with the gameplay mechanics, begin 3-starring each level in speed run mode.

Step 3: Mop-up
Complete whatever miscellaneous achievements you may have remaining. There should be very few left.

Conclusion
The time trials are the hardest part of this completion. Other than that it is a breeze. If you don't mind a little frustration, Mirror's Edge may just be for you!

GUIDE

SPEED RUN MODE ACHIEVEMENTS (3 for 30 )

The following 3 achievements are obtained by earning stars in speed run mode.

On the clock - 5
Earn one star in speed run mode

See "Superstar."

Still counting - 10
Earn 20 stars in speed run mode

See "Superstar."

Superstar - 15
Earn all stars in speed run mode

You need to beat the specified time to earn the three stars for all 14 levels in speed run mode. This usually (not always) requires that you make almost no mistakes in the entire level and take advantage of shortcuts. Keep trying and you will eventually get these. Some levels do get frustrating...but just remember, each time you fail, you learned a little bit more about the level for your next attempt! The latter levels I actually found easier as they are longer, and it seems the 3-star times are more forgiving.

COLLECTIBLE ACHIEVEMENTS (4 for 45 )

The following 4 achievements are related to collecting bags and finding secret areas.

Bad lady - 5
Collect a bag

See "Hoarder."

Hoarder - 10
Collect 20 bags

Red bags are the collectible in the game. You only need to collect 20 of them which is simple, as their are far more than that in the entire game to collect. I would recommend just playing through the game naturally and not worrying about trying to find them too much. After you complete the game, use the IGN videos on THIS SITE to find enough to get you to 20 if you came up short. Bags are only attainable in Story Mode, not in Speed Run mode.

Scruffy - 15
Find the Scruffy graffiti

This graffiti is found in Level 3-2. After the first runner that attacks you, hop all the way down the second elevator shaft you come across.

I heart 88.7 - 15
Find the pirate radio frequency graffiti

This graffiti is found in Level 1-2. I wont describe its location, but it is located at the top of the elevator shaft that Faith ignores at the 2:37 mark of this video. Credit IGN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Rr_rItaYTuM#

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 130 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 02-01-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
ENEMY ACHIEVEMENTS (10 for 90 )

The following 10 achievements are related to disposing enemies.

Tango down - 5
Defeat an enemy

This will be your first achievement. Just kick, slide, or disarm a single enemy.

Rampage - 15
Defeat 10 enemies in 60 seconds.

There are few places you can actually get this in the game. The easiest should be Level 1-2. After you drop down from the long ventilation shaft right on top of an enemy, this is where you start. Defeat that enemy with roll and head to the left. Move as fast as you can, defeating enemies as you see fit as you go. There are more than 10 here, and the first enemy you drop down on out of the vent is far from the others, so you can probably consider the next enemy you defeat the starting point. If you do not get it by the point you get to an enemy standing by some red boxes next to an elevator shaft, you went too slow. Try again.

Economist - 10
Defeat 2 enemies with 1 attack

There are only a few places to complete this achievement in the game. A good spot is in Level 1-2. See the 2:13 mark of the video below. Credit IGN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Rr_rItaYTuM#!

I'll take that - 5
Disarm an enemy.

See "Neutralizer."

Neutralizer - 10
Disarm 20 enemies

Just disarm 20 enemies. You learn how to do this in the tutorial. There are significant amounts of enemies throughout the campaign. Just try this trick until you get it. I do not use it too much, especially in speed runs, as it slows you down. This achievement has been reported to be glitchy by some and does not unlock after disarming 20 enemies and requires more disarms or a complete game uninstall and reattempt to unlock.

Falling down - 5
Make an enemy fall.

See "Scream for me."

Scream for me - 10
Make 10 enemies fall

To make an enemy fall, you need to jump-kick them when they are near the a ledge. There are plenty of chances to get this throughout the game. If you do not, a good way to boost it is by playing Level 5-1 a few times. There are 4 or 5 opportunities to make enemies fall in this level. Make sure you finish the entire level and do not just kill them then die, it will not save your progress. This achievement has been reported to be glitchy by some and does not unlock after making 10 enemies fall and requires more falls or a complete game uninstall and reattempt to unlock.

Death from above - 10
Drop from a zipline and kick and enemy

This is not obtainable until later in the campaign. An easy spot to get this is the very beginning of the Level 6-1. Stay on the zipline from the level's start and take out the first enemy you see. You must swipe down to drop from the zipline, then towards the enemy to kick him.

Tag you're it - 5
Defeat a Runner

See "Thrill of the chase."

Thrill of the chase - 15
Defeat 10 Runners

Runners are the enemies that try and slide-tackle you. In most cases you need to jump over the Runner initially. Then stop and go back to try to defeat them. Use any technique you like. There are more than 10 Runners to defeat, even if you only play each level once. Just defeat all the Runners you come across. Level 2-2 is good to complete multiple attempts as it has three runners. This achievement has been reported to be glitchy by some and does not unlock after defeating 10 runners and requires more defeats or a complete game uninstall and reattempt to unlock.

OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS (3 for 35 )

The following 3 achievements do not fit in any other category.

That's a wrap - 15
Complete the game

Just complete all 14 levels of the game in story mode, up to and including Level 6-2.

Balancing act - 10
Balance 200 meters

You just need to walk across the balancing beams for a total of 200 meters. This should come naturally with play, but to get it out of the way, whenever you see a decently long balancing beam, just keep walking back and forth across it until it unlocks. This takes less than a minute. A good beam can be found in the latter part of Level 0-1.

Free Falling - 10
Fall 1,000 meters

All you need to do is fall a cumulative total of 1,000 meters. It seems anytime your character is going downwards counts towards this achievement. Any falls to your death do not count, you must survive and make it to the next checkpoint. This will come by the time you complete story mode and all the speed runs.

GUIDE UPDATES:

7/15/12
- Guide created and complete. Details pending.
7/16/12 - Added more information about speed runs to the Roadmap. Corrected a typo in the "I heart 88.7" achievement details.
2/1/13 - Game is no longer exclusive to Nokia Lumia Phones. Available now on all WP7 / WP8 devices. Updated Roadmap.

331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 02-20-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
Are you sure about that 5/10, don't get me wrong, but we do get lots of ego trips around here, no one ever says a game is tough.

Anyway thanks for the work, but you should mention how many levels are there to speed run, since as you say that's where the challenge relies.
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiiguel View Post
Are you sure about that 5/10, don't get me wrong, but we do get lots of ego trips around here, no one ever says a game is tough.

Anyway thanks for the work, but you should mention how many levels are there to speed run, since as you say that's where the challenge relies.
Well I am always looking for feedback on the difficulty rating for the guide. This game is a 2/10 at most without the one achievement for getting all speed run stars. Not that many folks can actually play this game so I am still waiting for complaints about difficulty. I think 5/10 may actually be too high. The speed runs are not that hard actually. It may even need to be dropped to 4/10, but for now I think 5/10 is fair until further discussion.

Also, update a few words about the speed runs. You just have to speed run every level from the campaign....14 levels in total.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
bentleyma

bentleyma's Gamercard
Are you sure you have the right level for the "I heart 88.7" achievement?
bentleyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleyma View Post
Are you sure you have the right level for the "I heart 88.7" achievement?
Thanks for the tip. It was supposed to read Level 1-2, not 2-1. The linked video was correct however.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
miiiguel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Well I am always looking for feedback on the difficulty rating for the guide. This game is a 2/10 at most without the one achievement for getting all speed run stars. Not that many folks can actually play this game so I am still waiting for complaints about difficulty. I think 5/10 may actually be too high. The speed runs are not that hard actually. It may even need to be dropped to 4/10, but for now I think 5/10 is fair until further discussion.

Also, update a few words about the speed runs. You just have to speed run every level from the campaign....14 levels in total.

I don't agree, it's more of a 7/10, speed runs are very frustrating. You have to be perfect, not only not do ablny mistakes. For example I can't seem to do 1:26 on 3rd level, seems impossible.
Frustration resilience isn't a cool skill, wish I hadn't bought this. Should've known better.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't agree, it's more of a 7/10, speed runs are very frustrating. You have to be perfect, not only not do ablny mistakes. For example I can't seem to do 1:26 on 3rd level, seems impossible.
Frustration resilience isn't a cool skill, wish I hadn't bought this. Should've known better.
To be honest, that is the hardest level if I remember. The speed runs actually get easier as your move along because the levels are longer and they give you much more wiggle time.

Tips: If you are having trouble, look for a way to go faster. In the beginning levels, there isnt always a way to go faster besides being perfect since the levels are fairly simple. Later in the game however, levels are more complicated and there are some huge shortcuts you can take if you discover them..i.e Falling down to a lower level instead of running all the way left, falling down, then all the way back right.

Also, I am not sure what level you are stuck on, but if it is 2-1...there is a youtube video of a speed run you may want to check out. There are a few other levels on Youtube as well.

I mostly gave the game the difficulty I did because being perfect on the early levels is required but easy...the levels are only a minute or two long. In the later levels which are longer, you do not have to be perfect and there are very advantageous shortcuts to take.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
miiiguel

Thanks man, I'll try your tips. Every single evening I try this damn level, came to being .99 ms short. It is frustrating.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
miiiguel

Nah..., another very frustrating evening, lol. It seems impossible, maybe my game is glitches, it can't seem to be possible to take those miliseconds...
The level is 1-1, it requires 1:26:00, my time is 1:26:99. Can you tell what's your time ?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #11
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Nah..., another very frustrating evening, lol. It seems impossible, maybe my game is glitches, it can't seem to be possible to take those miliseconds...
The level is 1-1, it requires 1:26:00, my time is 1:26:99. Can you tell what's your time ?
Oh man I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I must have gotten lucky. It did not take me too many attempts...

My time was get this... 1:25:95. That was a close one!

Old 11-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
LGS I Hitman

LGS I Hitman's Gamercard
I thought 4-1 was the hardest level pass was 2:25 i got 2:24:24
LGS I Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #13
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Mirror's Edge (WP) Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #14
Darth Revan 64

Darth Revan 64's Gamercard
Glitchy achievement

Hey, guys, I have a problem. I really liked this game, but I cannot get one specific achievement: That's A Wrap. I don't understand why it isn't unlocking. I've played though multiple times, but it won't pop. Logically I should have unlocked it a long time ago. I even have the Superstar achievement, so what gives?
Darth Revan 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:07 AM   #15
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Revan 64 View Post
Hey, guys, I have a problem. I really liked this game, but I cannot get one specific achievement: That's A Wrap. I don't understand why it isn't unlocking. I've played though multiple times, but it won't pop. Logically I should have unlocked it a long time ago. I even have the Superstar achievement, so what gives?
if you have all other achievements, I would just reinstall the game and try again. Make sure you play story mode and dint skip around the levels. Just go straight through it should take less than 2 hours probably 1 hour.

let us know

Old 08-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
Blasstok

Blasstok's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Revan 64 View Post
I have the exactly same problem here... Damn, I don't want to have to beat this game again.

Last edited by Blasstok; 08-10-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Blasstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #17
BlueBlooded

Mr Whiteshirt's Gamercard
Great guide, helped a lot when going for the full 200GS!