PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > RPG > Final Fantasy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
SevenJesterHats

SevenJesterHats's Gamercard
Best Group?

I am going to go for the Fast to the finish achievement, i have completed the game but i took a lot of time, (as this was the 1st time i have played FF1)

I used Warrior, Warrior, White Mage, Red Mage as my group.
My question is what would be the best group to use to get the job done quicker? (under 8 hrs) i was thinkin maybe 3 warriors and a white mage? discuss

SevenJesterHats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Though I havent started my 8 hr run yet when I played FF1 back in the day the best set up I could find was Warrior, Warrior, W Mage, B Mage. A black mage can often kill off the entire screen with magic quicker than just using attacks which saves a lot of time when battling huge groups of weak enemies. Their Haste buff also helps alot with bosses. Not sure exactly which spells a Red Mage cannot learn but I found it best to just use a Black one

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
catowl

Admiral Blake's Gamercard
Is the theif any good at all he seems a little pointless at the moment
Old 07-18-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
ENVY021

ENVY021's Gamercard
Although I've never used one in this game, I hear he is near useless (other than the guarenteed (I think) fleeing, but in this version that's useless); but Ninja is great.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thief / ninja are near useless, trust me, i've got one in my default party and his hits are weak, i just use him for temper constantly...but if he was a black mage, he would have higher INT, and therefore be giving greater increases per casting of temper

as for high level magics, well a white mage is handy for the healing spells & protective buffs, a red mage could be used instead of a black, due to the highest attacking magic being on a usable item (judgement staff FTW!) just make sure its used by a mage, low INT characters deal low magic damage [surprisingly enough]

note
DONT buy sabre magic, it can only be used on the caster, and quite why you would be attacking with a mage at that stage of the game, bar pointless minion fights, is a question that would baffle the brightest minds

also, @envy, i never tried fleeing with the thief, but once he'd levelled up to ninja, only tried twice and failed both times (could have been inescapable fights, was in one of the shrines)

121 games completed
40 - RETAIL 27 - XBLA 50 - WP7 3 - GFWL1 WEB
GR4V1G0R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
DerekTheExtreme

DerekTheExtreme's Gamercard
I would go with warrior, warrior, white, black.

I got fast to the finish last night using warrior, monk, white, black. The monk was taking huge amounts of damage in the final battle compared to the warrior. You get enough armor to equip 2 warriors to equal strength. Only drawback is only having one Excalibur. It would also be useful to have one knight casting the nul magics at the begging of the fight before he's tempered and hasted.

Nothing was really an obstacle besides the final boss. My characters were all level 33 when I battled chaos. So, level 7 magic was as high as I had. No special weapons besides Excalibur. Everything was collected from chests pretty much. I did grind levels a bit at the flying fortress as I was only level 22 when I got there.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
hentei009

henteii McYerba's Gamercard
My group is Warrior, Warrior, White Mage & Black Mage

hentei009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My group was Knight Knight White and Black Mages.

I used this excellent guide:
http://www.ffinsider.net/final-fanta...alkthrough.php

For me the best way to beat the game within 8h is by not fight at any point in the game except for grinding levels and making good use of temper (black magic lvl 2). Temper will make bosses pretty easy to beat. just keep casting temper on your knights with your black mage and heal with the white.

when you get levistone in Ice Cavern you gonna fight an evil eye and must grind for as long as you can here. it took me less than 1 hour to go from 15 to 35 fighting evil eye.

from here it will be really really fast until you beat the game.

I grinded to level 45 before enter temple of chaos though!

Took me less than 6 hours using this method.

Good luck

Last edited by Achiever TM; 10-07-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote