PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Question Borderlands 1 weapons carry-over?

I looked on google for this topic and found no help. I know that with some games, you are allowed to carry over certain things from a previous games' save file.

Does anyone know if Borderlands 2 will let you bring over any really cool stuff from your Borderlands 1 save?
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I know that your save from Borderlands will give you goodies in Borderlands 2. Don't think the weapons is one of 'em.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I very much doubt they'll have this feature. The games going to have so many more new guns and features, it won't be worth it.

If you have a gun you like, I'm pretty sure you'll come across one which is just the same but new name and look in BL2.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Templar Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
I know that your save from Borderlands will give you goodies in Borderlands 2. Don't think the weapons is one of 'em.
Is there a list of some of the goodies floating around yet? Really would like to get an idea of what I have to look forward to.

That Claptrap DLC was a bitch to grind through, but I have the full 1750, lol.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Baggins View Post
Is there a list of some of the goodies floating around yet? Really would like to get an idea of what I have to look forward to.
Not so much a list, but it's something.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...erlands-2.html
Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Templar Baggins

Better than nothing, I suppose. Don't mind Maya's head as long as I can use it with a body of my choosing.

Thanks for the info
Old 07-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
dj115

dj115's Gamercard
cnt wait for this game its gonna b epic that is a fair point would b good if you could carry over your last loadout to the new game but reset the levels on the guns...
dj115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
SpecialDribbler

SpecialDribbler's Gamercard
i highly doubt they would bring back weapons of any sort from number 1, because a lot of people started to mod weapons into the game and just give them to random players, so i would think they would just purge all the old weapons and create weapons designed for the game. Also i have heard they changed the way the weapons generate so it would be mixed with the old generated weapons to the new generated weapons.
SpecialDribbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm guessing it's no different than stuff from Gears 1, going over to a Gears 2 or 3 game. I just don't see that happening. They'll want everyone to start from scratch.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
The only thing I've heard so far in connection to Borderlands 1 is that if you have a BL1 save game on your system, you will get some free character skins and heads to customize your game avatar.

I doubt they'll allow weapon cross-overs, especially considering how many people have modded weapons...
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
xx LUIS 13 xx

xx LUIS 13 xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Baggins View Post
I looked on google for this topic and found no help. I know that with some games, you are allowed to carry over certain things from a previous games' save file.

Does anyone know if Borderlands 2 will let you bring over any really cool stuff from your Borderlands 1 save?
i hope weapons are transferrable ! but as of now gearbox only announced the skins for the characters :x
xx LUIS 13 xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Not a hope of transferable weapons,It would make the game to easy,some of the gun manafacturs died in the first borderlands,the weapons system is much more diverse now plus the fun of Borderlands is finding new powerful guns.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
xTenebrous

xTenebrous's Gamercard
It wouldn't even make sense to get guns from BL1 in BL2, you use different characters entirely.
xTenebrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #14
LordDVS

Bac0n Gamer's Gamercard
I hope not. Why would I want to start a new experience with my OP'd gear from an older game, that uses a completely different weapon system to boot?
Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDVS View Post
I hope not. Why would I want to start a new experience with my OP'd gear from an older game, that uses a completely different weapon system to boot?
I agree. I have extremely overpowered gear from the first game. And if it was available at the start of the game I'd be tempted to use it to the exclusion of all of the new stuff based on stats alone. So I'm glad they aren't doing this. All of the new weapons shown so far look amazing. I can't wait to try them out.

And on a completely different note. I love your profile picture. Miranda is awesome.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #16
Sarsage

sarsage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot God View Post
Not a hope of transferable weapons,It would make the game to easy,some of the gun manafacturs died in the first borderlands,the weapons system is much more diverse now plus the fun of Borderlands is finding new powerful guns.
Exactly, one of Borderlands 2's biggest selling points is finding unique and powerful weaponry.
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
Emcee Shadow

Emcee Shadow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I agree. I have extremely overpowered gear from the first game. And if it was available at the start of the game I'd be tempted to use it to the exclusion of all of the new stuff based on stats alone. So I'm glad they aren't doing this. All of the new weapons shown so far look amazing. I can't wait to try them out.

And on a completely different note. I love your profile picture. Miranda is awesome.
I completely agree with this. Even if you bring your weapons over that are lvl req of 69, it still wouldn't be as much fun as having a new set of weapons and the grind of getting them.

P.s. I also agree with the profile picture!

Never Forget, That God Hasnt Finished With me yet.
I Feel his Hand on my Brain. When I Write Rhymes,
I go Blind and let tha Lord do his Thang.
-Tupac Shakur
Emcee Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I agree with what people are saying about how it wouldn't really work out for BL2 if a BL1 weapon could be brought over, but it would be a cool addition if you could bring over like one item, just one anything. Gun, mod, etc. I know what I'd bring over.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Doubt it just due to how many modded weapons will be transferred.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcee Shadow View Post
I completely agree with this. Even if you bring your weapons over that are lvl req of 69, it still wouldn't be as much fun as having a new set of weapons and the grind of getting them.

Not to mention the fact you wouldn't be able to use them as the max level is 50 so it would be pointless.

P.s. I also agree with the profile picture, not as good as mine though
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #21
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
Same here. Plus, my shield is amazing. If I could use my BL1 shotgun and shield from the start, it'd be pretty boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcee Shadow View Post

Don't forget that you would have to be the level required by the gun/shield.So a level 69 gun would be pointless until your level 69 plus the level cap is 50 so you would still not be able to use it.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote