PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Shooter > Contract Killer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Contract Killer

ROADMAP

Overview

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Estimated time for 200: *Currently Unobtainable* (40+ hours & 1 Month+ actual time for 185)
-Minimum playthroughs: 1
-Offline: 19/20 (185)
-Online: 1/20 (15)
-Missable Achievements: 0
-Unobtainable Achievements: 1 (Addicted...see description)
-Does difficulty affect achievements: No difficulty option
-Cheats disable achievements: No cheats
-Glitchy achievements: 1 (Citizen of the World...see description)
-Extra equipment needed: Windows Phone 7 or 8

Introduction
Contract Killer is an first-person shooter freemium game from Glu Mobile. You take on the role of the hitman, fulfilling contracts to weed the city of scumbags. This is an entirely single-player experience. However, similarly to Gun Bros, it does have some interaction with your friends that also have the game, though to a lesser extent. The game itself it free and you only need to spend your real-world cash if you want to pace faster through the game and gain access to better weapons and armor. Also coming into to play is the idea of limited energy, which you consume when you complete missions. Energy restores slowly over time, but you can also use real-world cash to purchase junk food which instantly restores energy. This guide is based on the premise that you do not spend any money at all on the game. If you break down and pay the outrageous prices for in-game credits, you could complete this much faster. The game is currently listed as FREE on the Marketplace.

Step 1: Make friends with others who regularly play the game
Make sure you find at least two reliable friends who complete the daily challenges as this can give you items, cash, and the ever-so-valuable credits. See THIS thread to connect with other folks who play the game.

Step 2: Just play the game
Most of the achievements can simply be gained by progressing through the game by completing contracts. Do take note of the miscellaneous achievements that require you to complete some tricky tasks. All the while you will be working towards getting to level 40, which requires 2,566,916 XP.

Conclusion
All in all, Contract Killer is a respectable freemium game. Because of the energy concept, completing the game will likely take several weeks or months. All achievements except the one tied to reaching level 40 should be attainable within a week or two, depending on how frequently you pick up and play the game.

*NOTE: Like most Glu games, there are semi-widespread glitches in this game that can make your path towards completion much longer, more of a hassle, or impossible. Please see THIS thread for a discussion of the glitches other players have come across.

GUIDE

CUMULATIVE ACHIEVEMENTS (14 for 150 )

The following 14 achievements require an accumulation of some sort, whether it be racking up kills or doing something a certain number of times.

Professional - 10
Kill 100 Bosses

Bosses are the main enemy in all contracts. There is always one boss per contract. Just kill 100 of them. You can check your progress in the stats under "Contract Targets Killed." This achievement is glitchy and may unlock before killing 100.

The Assassin - 5
Kill 100 enemies

Just kill 100 enemies. As you progress, there are more and more enemies per contract. You should get this early in the game, as there are far more enemies than bosses. Bosses do not count towards this achievement. You can check your progress in the stats under "Total Number of Foes Killed."

Elite Sniper - 15
Score 500 headshots

When you score a headshot, a notification will pop up on screen. Just keep aiming for heads and you will eventually get this. Some enemies wear plated masks that make headshots impossible, so don't waste your time on them. This achievement is a tad glitchy it seems, for the better, as it unlocks early for some, only after scoring between 50 and 150 headshots. You can check your progress in the stats under "Headshots."

Survivor - 5
Die 50 times

It is possible to die in any contract if you take enough bullets. If you purchase a lot of medkits and use them at will, you may never die. It may just be best to take a whole day and just start contracts only to die. I do imagine it does become harder as you progress, but you can almost always prevent deaths by taking cover and using medkits, which is what anyone who actually wants to succeed at the game would do. There is no way to track the progress for this achievement, so just keep dying!

Barrage of Bullets - 10
Fire 1000 rounds

Just fire 1000 rounds. This will come with completion of the game, but to get it out of the way early just purchase a ton of SMG rounds and unload them in a mission. 1000 SMG rounds only costs $1,500 and can be unloaded in a few minutes. You can check your progress in the stats under "Number of Shots."

Deep Sleep - 15
Capture 500 enemies

To capture an enemy, you must shoot them with a tranquilizer gun (rifle or pistol). Not many contracts actually require you to capture enemies, so this will take a while, especially since you cannot just capture enemies when the mission states you must kill them. The EASIEST way to work towards 500 captures is to tranquilize all enemies in missions where you get ambushed. You know you are getting ambushed when a message pops up as soon as you load into a mission. In these missions, the contract requirements go out the window, allowing you to tranquilize anyone. This achievement is also glitched for the good, it unlocked for me at around only 125 captures. You can check your progress in the stats under "Total Captured."

Mathametician - 10
Receive a x3 Multiplier 25 times

To receive a x3 multiplier, you must kill an enemy within 5 seconds of the contract starting. A good method is to take note of the color of the boss's shirt on the contract detail screen before loading-in. Quickly scan the scene for him and zoom in and fire as quick as possible. You can also just zoom quickly onto any enemy and kill them, but you risk failing the contract if the target escapes. This achievement is glitchy, again for the good, as it unlocks only after getting just five x3 multipliers. You can check your progress in the stats under "X3 Multipliers Gained."

Medic - 10
Use 100 MedKits

MedKits are your friend in this game, especially if you do not buy any good armor with real-world money. Many missions are nearly impossible to complete without using MedKits. This will come with natural progression, but if you feel the need to get it out of the way, just purchase 100 and use them in a single mission while you take damage (cost $12,500). You can check your progress in the stats under "MedKits Used."

GOAL : 250,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2014 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 113 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 10-19-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Arsenic 17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Citizen of the World - 10
Unlock 10 informants

Informants are the folks that give you contracts to complete. As you level up you unlock new informants. Just keep completing contracts and this will unlock. For an informant to count, you must pay them their initial cost they ask when you first click on them. Sometimes it is a cash requirement, other times it is a credit requirement. This should first be attainable around Level 10.

*GLITCH* Some players have reported this achievement does not unlock for them, even though they have more than 10 informants unlocked. You can either wait for a patch or reinstall the game and try again. Doing so will erase your progress however.

Connoisseur - 10
Buy 10 weapons

You need to OWN a total of 10 weapons, not buy 10 as the description states. There are several very cheap guns, but from what I can tell, to attain 10 would cost $100,000+. You can check your progress in the stats under "Weapons Owned."

Loaded - 10
Unlock all Ammo types

Ammo types unlock when you purchase a weapon that uses the specific type of ammo. The ammo types are: 9mm pistol bullets, hunting rounds, sniper rifle rounds, tranquilizer darts, SMG bullets, shotgun shells, handgun darts, assault rifle bullets, and AM rifle bullets. Only the tranquilizer handgun requires the credits to purchase (35 credits). The only free ways to get credits it by having two friends complete the third daily co-op challenge which earns you 10 credits per day or by getting lucky on the Day 5 daily bonus where you win a random reward.

Hired Gun - 5
Reach Level 10

See "Exterminator."

Contract Killer - 10
Reach Level 20

See "Exterminator."

Exterminator - 20
Reach Level 40

Leveling up in the game is based on earning XP, which you gain from completing contracts and killing/capturing enemies. Killing enemies with headshots earns you double XP for that kill. You can also earn a small amount of XP for completing subcontracts. Also, you should focus on completing the daily co-op challenges. They provide HUGE amounts of XP when you complete them, anywhere from 2,000 to 10,000 per challenge. These are an absolute must if you want to level up quick! The bulk of the XP will just come from completing contracts. This achievement will take the longest of any in the game.

Some tips: Use medkits as much as needed to complete missions. Buy a good rifle with a large clip to rapidly dispose of enemies (Anti-Material Rifle is best). Go for headshots for x2 XP. Make use of the cover button, especially when reloading. Shoot exploding barrels when possible (though you miss out on headshot XP). Some informants regularly give better missions (more XP/cash) then others...Make note of which give the best contracts. I find Shady Wessler gives the best so far (though he costs 5 credits to unlock and gives almost always a capture mission).

MISCELLANEOUS ACHIEVEMENTS (6 for 50 )

The following 6 achievements are related to completing a specific task along the way.

Pacifist - 5
No kills when the mission times hits 0:00

All you have to do is let the timer of a contract reach zero without killing any enemies. Just press the cover button and hide the entire time. You will fail the mission, but you will get this achievement.

Mad Skills - 10
Kill 3 Enemies with One Shot

Just like the description states, kill three enemies with a single shot. It must be with the bullet, and cannot be with an exploding barrel. As you progress through the game, more and more enemies fill the levels. This will require a bit of luck to get three to line up. It also helps if you use some Reactix pills to slow down time to help you better time your shot. Just be patient. If there is a lot of enemies, and you are in a position on the ground, three will line up...just wait for that shot. There will be many instances where 5 or more enemies line up.

Surgical Precision - 5
Score a Headshot While the Target is Running

This may require several attempts as the enemies tend to run in semi-random directions and shift often. This is infinitely easier if you use a Reactix pill and slow down time. Once you fire the first shot, enemies will quickly scatter. This is a good time to pick one off with a headshot when they are running to cover. Just keep taking cracks at running enemies heads until you get it if you do not want to use Reactix (there is no real penalty for this, just wasted ammo).

Unrivaled - 15
Kill 13 People in 15 Seconds

You need to kill 13 enemies in 15 seconds. It seems to me the maximum amount of enemies in a contract is 13 or 14, meaning you basically must kill all enemies within 15 seconds. This is best attempted by randomly firing a shot at the beginning of the contract to get all enemies to spawn. Just count up all the enemies and plan how your shots you will use to dispose them all. Careful not to take too much damage while surveying.

A good long-range gun with a large clip to earn this with would be the Anti-Material Rifle, which costs $350,000 and requires level 13. The actual missions and enemy positions you get are random. Once you have a good weapon, attempt this on a level with a lot of explosive barrels and very little cover for the enemies. Achievement pops after you kill the 13th enemy.

GOOD METHOD: I got this on the contract point to the top left or bottom left of Monument Square. The enemies basically just congregate on both sides of the street near the two explosive barrels. This location is quite easy.

Addicted - 15
Receive 7 Daily Bonuses in a Row

This is the only online achievement in the game, and it is only online in the sense that is requires you to have an active internet connection. Just play the game on 7 consecutive days. When you boot up the game for the first time each day, you should get a notice about receiving a "Daily Bonus" and can see how many days you are along towards the 7. Once you get to 5 days in a row, it seems to reset back to Day 1 for your 6th consecutive day.

*GLITCH* Only one player in the world has this achievement. Is it likely glitched. Many people have played 7+ consecutive days, each day receiving the daily bonus, and the achievement did not unlock. Will update if anyone provides a work-around or the game is patched.

Ironhand - 5
Kill 25 Enemies without Misses

You must kill 25 enemies without missing a single shot. This is fairly easy, just aim for the torso. This has to be done over multiple contracts. It may need to be done in one sitting, without exiting the game. So it is best to wait to the later stages where there are many enemies per contract. Also, it is best to avoid any contracts that involve using the tranquilizer as that could mess up your counter for this achievement.

Thanks to the following folks for contributing to the guide in some way:
Grantbear, djqwakqwak, ceeesquared, Terrificy, Deglis

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 09-20-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
Ariose

ariose999's Gamercard
About the Addicted achievement. I can't get to launch the game when my phone is set to the real time, however I just received my second daily bonus. You just need to find a time the game can launch. For my it is three hours past my real time. When you're lucky the date will still be the same, so your phone can connect to LIVE. I don't take any risk any more, so I won't set my phone to the actual time for a week. Just a shame that I can't use my phone as an alarm.
Ariose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
Deglis

Uldis Daugulis's Gamercard
- About Elite Sniperachievement. I get it when I had made ~300 headshots.
- About Mad Skills achievement. I get it when after first kill new enemies run out from building, I was just trying to kill firs one, but with little success I kill also 2 behind him.

Deglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
Will you be able to unlock Loaded? Tranquilizer Handgun uses Handgun Darts and the Tranquilizer Handgun costs 35 credits.

I am stuck with 3 missions where I have to kill the goons before the boss appears. When I am down to the last goon, the boss escapes and I can't even see them! The bosses are Frank Brown, Cesar Vasquez and Emiliano Fantoni. It's starting to frustrate me.
ceeesquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Terrificy

Terrificy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeesquared View Post
Will you be able to unlock Loaded? Tranquilizer Handgun uses Handgun Darts and the Tranquilizer Handgun costs 35 credits.

I am stuck with 3 missions where I have to kill the goons before the boss appears. When I am down to the last goon, the boss escapes and I can't even see them! The bosses are Frank Brown, Cesar Vasquez and Emiliano Fantoni. It's starting to frustrate me.
As far as I know, the Tranquilizer Handgun only costs 10 credits. You can earn credits by having friends who complete the daily Challenges - this can earn you a maximum of 10 credits per day, if 2 of your friends complete the third Challenge. Rewards may vary, but the last few days, it's been 10 credits. Thus, it shouldn't be that hard to get a Tranquilizer Handgun.

Your problem with the missions sounds very weird. I haven't encountered the problems myself - when I shoot the last regular enemy (leaving you with '1 enemy left'), the boss should start running into the stage, sometimes after a small break - no more than 30 seconds. I usually just watch my health, then try to find the guy when it starts dwindling down (which would mean that he is on the stage, and shooting at you).
There's definately something wrong if it's one of those missions where the boss should appear after you kill all his hired help, and the boss runs away.
Terrificy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrificy View Post
As far as I know, the Tranquilizer Handgun only costs 10 credits. You can earn credits by having friends who complete the daily Challenges - this can earn you a maximum of 10 credits per day, if 2 of your friends complete the third Challenge. Rewards may vary, but the last few days, it's been 10 credits. Thus, it shouldn't be that hard to get a Tranquilizer Handgun.

Your problem with the missions sounds very weird. I haven't encountered the problems myself - when I shoot the last regular enemy (leaving you with '1 enemy left'), the boss should start running into the stage, sometimes after a small break - no more than 30 seconds. I usually just watch my health, then try to find the guy when it starts dwindling down (which would mean that he is on the stage, and shooting at you).
There's definately something wrong if it's one of those missions where the boss should appear after you kill all his hired help, and the boss runs away.
Is it me or is a handgun on this game completely pointless???

Also, I have only had an issue with one mission where a boss will not spawn at all. You have to kill him first before killing his mates, but he doesnt spawn. The level is fairly small (on top of building outside a bank) and he is definitely not there. This is not a real issue yet as there are so many informants to do contracts for...the fact that the particular one has hit a dead end is not a problem.

Also, does anyone elses energy restore slower as you level up. It was one unit of energy per 3 minutes before. Now it is one unit per 4:20. Must be a feature of the game to try and convince you to purchase energy. Aint happening. The game is fun just to play for 10 minutes at a time. I wouldnt want to play this for hours on end. Very repetitive.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
Terrificy

Terrificy's Gamercard
Yeah, a handgun is more or less in-efficient. A shotgun can be a great help in the smaller levels, though. I fully recommend buying one of the real sniper-rifles. Having 5 shots instead of 1 per reload is a huge bonus.

Personally, I have discovered a few problems with spawning as well. I solved this by simply scoping in and aiming at one of the 'spawn-points', where a group of 3-4 enemies usually appear at the start of the mission. After a little while, an enemy should come running, if the stage is empty. It has worked for me this far.

As for energy, I haven't noticed any increase, but I'm pretty sure it's 5 minutes per energy at level 12 - I thought it had been 5 minutes per energy the whole time, though.
Terrificy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
Deglis

Uldis Daugulis's Gamercard
About Mathametician achievement. I just get this achievement, but in safe House statistic is written that I made x3 bonus only 5 times.
Deglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
H0p3sfalL
A Goat in Sheep's Rosary

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Thats a whole lot of grinding
Old 07-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deglis View Post
About Mathametician achievement. I just get this achievement, but in safe House statistic is written that I made x3 bonus only 5 times.
Yes this is mentioned in the guide. It seems to unlock for everyone at only 5. Good news!

I am hoping the "Capture 500 enemies" also unlocks early, because that one is going to take a while. Several other ones unlocked early, so I am hoping that one does too!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Was anyone able to ge the "Addicted" achievement?

I was able to get up 5 days then it stopped...

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
That's the same time it stopped working for me.

Grantbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
Was anyone able to ge the "Addicted" achievement?

I was able to get up 5 days then it stopped...
Well this game is just like Gun Bros for daily bonuses. Once you get to five days, you cant go any further. It resets to Day 1. So you must get to Day 5, then consecutively get to Day 2 again and the achievement unlocks.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
So you're saying I should be able to log onto the game online again the next day? Currently it can only boot up when I'm offline.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantbear View Post
So you're saying I should be able to log onto the game online again the next day? Currently it can only boot up when I'm offline.
That's not necessarily what I am saying. If you cannot log into the game online in general, that is a different issue.

To get "Addicted", you need to log into the game 7 straight days. However, after day 5, your daily bonus resets back to Day 1. You must get to Day 5, the it resets, then you must get to Day 2...consecutively. If you already missed a day because you couldnt log in online, then you will have to start over towards 7 days.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
I was somehow able to get on briefly. I was booted immediately after trying to access the coop menu. It did say I was back on Day 1. Hopefully, this means I have one more day to go and that I am able to log online the next day.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I have been playing everyday since release. I guess I'll just keep playing...

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
Yea, it's not like any of us are even close to reaching level 40.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
I have been playing everyday since release. I guess I'll just keep playing...
Have you been able to get online each day? It also appears to be bugged as only 2 people on TA have it...and they both used the clock exploit (which has messed up their game BTW). I cant get it to unlock either. Today was the first time I played 7 days in a row...and it didnt unlock. What a shame.

Only 2 folks got to Level 40. Without using the time exploit, they had to have spent hundreds of dollars to get there that fast. Those poor saps.

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 07-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #21
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

UPDATED GUIDE (07.27.12): Increased the semi-placeholder completion time from 25+ hours to 40+ hours. I have put at least solid hour into the game each of the last 12 days and am only level 14, just over one third of the way to 40, and leveling progress has slowed significantly. Pending a miracle, this time will likely need to be increased again to 50 or 60+ hours. Also, 1 Month+ actual calendar time is looking unlikely as well, but will leave it for now.

Added more info about the "Loaded" achievement. You simply must purchase all weapon types, which unlocks the corresponding ammo types. I cannot confirm, but it is believed that you also need to purchase the tranquilizer handgun which costs 35 credits.

Added more info to the "Deep Sleep" achievement, including the most effective way to earn it and that it unlocks early (at around 125 captures) like many of the other achievements in the game.

Made a note that "Addicted" achievement is likely currently glitched. Only 2 people on TA have it so far and they claimed to have used the time exploit...which did mess up their game. I would not recommend using the time exploit to gain this achievement until after you get all other achievements.

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 07-27-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #22
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
The other ammo types are:
Assault Rifle Bullets - I got this by buying the Bison Rifle ($34,000)
AM Rifle Bullets - I got this by buying the Anti-Material Rifle ($350,000)
Rockets

Last edited by Grantbear; 07-27-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #23
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantbear View Post
The other ammo types are:
Assault Rifle Bullets - I got this by buying the Bison Rifle ($34,000)
AM Rifle Bullets - I got this by buying the Anti-Material Rifle ($350,000)
Rockets
Thanks mate. Updated.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
what weapons would you recommend? i am currently stuck at level 13, the missions i am getting are club sky, and most of the time, the enemies are out of range. there is also a mission on the dockside, but i am required to have a weapon with range 380. i have 160k right now and the weapons i have are handgun, hunting rifle, swat smg, tranquilizer gun, and rocket launcher. i'm having a hard time earning money as the missions i am trying are consuming lots of medkits. i can't play the game when i am online so no coop missions for me.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #25
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
what weapons would you recommend? i am currently stuck at level 13, the missions i am getting are club sky, and most of the time, the enemies are out of range. there is also a mission on the dockside, but i am required to have a weapon with range 380. i have 160k right now and the weapons i have are handgun, hunting rifle, swat smg, tranquilizer gun, and rocket launcher. i'm having a hard time earning money as the missions i am trying are consuming lots of medkits. i can't play the game when i am online so no coop missions for me.
Once I got enough money to purchase the high-balance sniper rifle I did. It is magnitudes better than the hunting rifle. I used that all the way up until I purchased the anti-material rifle (which by the way I hate but use anyway cuz it has 12 in a clip) which was around level 16.

I recommend just doing Shady Wessler contacts (bottom right informant) as she gives a lot of money and XP and only usually requires you to tranquilize one enemy, so you do not need to use any med kits and purchase a lot of ammo. You wont be using too many medkits when you upgrade your guns, just use cover and kill enemies quickly.

BTW that contract on the dock that requires range 380 is stupid. The only (free) gun I believe you can use is the anti-material rifle, which I tried and it is still too hard. The enemies are so far away and you basically have to hit a few enemies who only poke their heads out, which at that distance is like 1 pixel, even fully zoomed in. It is very annoying mission and I only tried it twice and gave up. Screw that it aint even worth that much XP or money...

Old 07-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #26
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Once I got enough money to purchase the high-balance sniper rifle I did. It is magnitudes better than the hunting rifle. I used that all the way up until I purchased the anti-material rifle (which by the way I hate but use anyway cuz it has 12 in a clip) which was around level 16.

I recommend just doing Shady Wessler contacts (bottom right informant) as she gives a lot of money and XP and only usually requires you to tranquilize one enemy, so you do not need to use any med kits and purchase a lot of ammo. You wont be using too many medkits when you upgrade your guns, just use cover and kill enemies quickly.

BTW that contract on the dock that requires range 380 is stupid. The only (free) gun I believe you can use is the anti-material rifle, which I tried and it is still too hard. The enemies are so far away and you basically have to hit a few enemies who only poke their heads out, which at that distance is like 1 pixel, even fully zoomed in. It is very annoying mission and I only tried it twice and gave up. Screw that it aint even worth that much XP or money...
i actually just bought an accuracy plus sniper rifle ($11,000) before i was able to read your reply. it made things easier as the enemies just takes 1 shot to be dead. though lesser headshots as they would be dead if i misfire and hit them in the torso. wish i knew that early, it would have saved me a lot of money from buying those medkits.

so shady wesler always gives out tranquilizer missions? how often? because before, i bought dmitry pushkin but he rarely gives out missions. i am still hesitating as there is no way i can earn more credits, as i can't play the game when i am online.

as for the 380 range missions, the reason i survived was because of the glitch where i had 400++ rockets. unfortunately, i'm down to 10. good thing i finished all the gabriel thomas missions already. maybe i'll wait till i can afford to buy a cheetah rifle before doing the dockside missions again.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #27
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Question

Quote:
i actually just bought an accuracy plus sniper rifle ($11,000) before i was able to read your reply. it made things easier as the enemies just takes 1 shot to be dead. though lesser headshots as they would be dead if i misfire and hit them in the torso. wish i knew that early, it would have saved me a lot of money from buying those medkits.

so shady wesler always gives out tranquilizer missions? how often? because before, i bought dmitry pushkin but he rarely gives out missions. i am still hesitating as there is no way i can earn more credits, as i can't play the game when i am online.

as for the 380 range missions, the reason i survived was because of the glitch where i had 400++ rockets. unfortunately, i'm down to 10. good thing i finished all the gabriel thomas missions already. maybe i'll wait till i can afford to buy a cheetah rifle before doing the dockside missions again.
oh I didn't know shady wessler cost credits to activate. That informant gives tranquilizer missions 9 times out of 10 ands pays the best of anyone I have. Also the timer is very short I think it is three minutes.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #28
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
Quote:
oh I didn't know shady wessler cost credits to activate. That informant gives tranquilizer missions 9 times out of 10 ands pays the best of anyone I have. Also the timer is very short I think it is three minutes.
speaking of tranquilizers, are you sure the tranquilizer handgun costs 10 credits only? mine says 35. having said that, i am thinking it might be unlocked in 1 of the missions instead of buying it.

also, have you tried the weapons challenge? i think i made a mistake of buying a swat smg ($42000), but i can't get past the 2nd challenge (automatic) as this is held in old town (upper right), where some enemies are out of range. plus they consume lots of medkits too.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #29
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
speaking of tranquilizers, are you sure the tranquilizer handgun costs 10 credits only? mine says 35. having said that, i am thinking it might be unlocked in 1 of the missions instead of buying it.

also, have you tried the weapons challenge? i think i made a mistake of buying a swat smg ($42000), but i can't get past the 2nd challenge (automatic) as this is held in old town (upper right), where some enemies are out of range. plus they consume lots of medkits too.
where did you see I stated it cost 10 credits at? I cant find that anywhere, but would want to correct it. It may be unlocked in a mission but I have not come across that yet. IT seems unlikely as you dont unlock any other guns in missions.

Also I had no bothered with Challenges as the automatic weapons in this game are trash, at least the ones I purchase. Once I get enough money I will purchase the best one and let you know how they go. I am currently level 18

Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #30
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
Quote:
where did you see I stated it cost 10 credits at? I cant find that anywhere, but would want to correct it. It may be unlocked in a mission but I have not come across that yet. IT seems unlikely as you dont unlock any other guns in missions.

Also I had no bothered with Challenges as the automatic weapons in this game are trash, at least the ones I purchase. Once I get enough money I will purchase the best one and let you know how they go. I am currently level 18
it was Terrificy, sorry for the confusion.

the missions challenge are way to hard! not worth the money i think as you just consume lots of medkits. i bought the swat smg, which if i had not bought, i will be able to buy a cheetah rifle already.

but then i realized, the glitch won't be triggered had i not bought swat smg. i bought 400++ bullets for it, and the other ammo had the same number too, including rockets. that made me finish the dockside missions of gabriel thomas. too bad i'm almost out of rockets too. the ordinary informants are giving me dockside missions so i have to buy a cheetah rifle to do them.