PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Shooter > Contract Killer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2012, 02:35 AM   #31
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeesquared View Post
it was Terrificy, sorry for the confusion.

the missions challenge are way to hard! not worth the money i think as you just consume lots of medkits. i bought the swat smg, which if i had not bought, i will be able to buy a cheetah rifle already.

but then i realized, the glitch won't be triggered had i not bought swat smg. i bought 400++ bullets for it, and the other ammo had the same number too, including rockets. that made me finish the dockside missions of gabriel thomas. too bad i'm almost out of rockets too. the ordinary informants are giving me dockside missions so i have to buy a cheetah rifle to do them.
Yeah I am not bothering with challenges anymore that is for sure! I am level 18 now and money is nearly limitless right now unless you feel the need to purchase all the guns. I get 4-8k per mission (from Shady Wessler) and cannot even spend that much. Already have the best sniper and assault rifle. Shotguns and handguns seem useless considering how far away most enemies are.

Also, I purchased the 9,000 dollar armor. I think it is one time use only, which doesnt make any sense it only resists 30 damage. Why would you buy that? 20 medkits costs buy 2,500 and can restore 400 health.

Game has not been letting me play online lately at all...which I only care for because I want those credits from friends. Since the Addicted achievements is glitched anyway!

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #32
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Yeah I am not bothering with challenges anymore that is for sure! I am level 18 now and money is nearly limitless right now unless you feel the need to purchase all the guns. I get 4-8k per mission (from Shady Wessler) and cannot even spend that much. Already have the best sniper and assault rifle. Shotguns and handguns seem useless considering how far away most enemies are.

Also, I purchased the 9,000 dollar armor. I think it is one time use only, which doesnt make any sense it only resists 30 damage. Why would you buy that? 20 medkits costs buy 2,500 and can restore 400 health.

Game has not been letting me play online lately at all...which I only care for because I want those credits from friends. Since the Addicted achievements is glitched anyway!
have you unlocked the loaded achievement? can you verify if the tranquilizer handgun must be purchased too?

as for the armor, i learned that lesson early too. too expensive for a one time use.
ceeesquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #33
Djqwakqwak

Dixeh Wrecked's Gamercard
Quote:
have you unlocked the loaded achievement? can you verify if the tranquilizer handgun must be purchased too?

as for the armor, i learned that lesson early too. too expensive for a one time use.
i have loaded, and from what ive read on true achievements the handgun tranq darts are required, i bought the handgun tranq before my task force rifle so i didnt know if it was required or not.

Last edited by Djqwakqwak; 08-01-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Djqwakqwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #34
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djqwakqwak View Post
i have loaded, and from what ive read on true achievements the handgun tranq darts are required, i bought the handgun tranq before my task force rifle so i didnt know if it was required or not.
Yes it appears the tranquilizer hand gun is required...as I have all the other ammo types and it isn't unlocked yet. Lame...especially.since I can't connect online to get the coop challenges..meaning I can never really earn any credits...

Old 08-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #35
Djqwakqwak

Dixeh Wrecked's Gamercard
Quote:
Yes it appears the tranquilizer hand gun is required...as I have all the other ammo types and it isn't unlocked yet. Lame...especially.since I can't connect online to get the coop challenges..meaning I can never really earn any credits...
daily bonus still pops up if you start the game in airplane mode then turn it off and go back and play, on day 5 its random and can give you game credits so not all hope is lost... or just hope they patch it soon
Djqwakqwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #36
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djqwakqwak View Post
daily bonus still pops up if you start the game in airplane mode then turn it off and go back and play, on day 5 its random and can give you game credits so not all hope is lost... or just hope they patch it soon
I am not touching this game until a patch is made. I am definitely not going to level 40 when I have to put my phone in airplane mode everytime. That is too much of a hassle. And in that case, I will not be getting any credits to unlock all ammo types either. And dont even get me started on the glitched "Addicted" achievement...

EDIT (8/3/12): I finally unlocked the Unrivaled achievement and have updated the guide with some tips. It only took a few tries once you find a good map to do it on and a compatible contract.

EDIT (8/4/12): Well today I earned 10 credits as my Day 5 chance award.

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 08-04-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #37
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
you are all lucky to be getting credits. i am only getting cash. i am tempted to reinstall the game since i can't play the game online and receive credits by completing the daily missions. but i am hesitating as i am already in level 21 and want to go and finish the level 40 achievement first.

how about you, what level are you already?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #38
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
So you can confirm you did not have to get the kills in the first 15 seconds of the mission? Did you use any Reactix? I was able to clear out all the enemies in the first 10 seconds but I used a ton of Reactix and did not get the achievement.

Grantbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #39
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
you are all lucky to be getting credits. i am only getting cash. i am tempted to reinstall the game since i can't play the game online and receive credits by completing the daily missions. but i am hesitating as i am already in level 21 and want to go and finish the level 40 achievement first.

how about you, what level are you already?
Yeah I only got credits 1 time, the other three I only got cash. I wouldnt reinstall if you are already Level 21, but that is up to you. That is like 15 hours of gameplay you would be wasting. I am Level 20...I basically stopped playing as soon as I realized some of the other achievements are unattainable (Addicted). I do continue to keep racking up my daily bonus with hopes that I will get enough credits to unlock the handgun. Other than that, I am not wasting time going to Level 40 on a game that is impossible to complete anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantbear View Post
So you can confirm you did not have to get the kills in the first 15 seconds of the mission? Did you use any Reactix? I was able to clear out all the enemies in the first 10 seconds but I used a ton of Reactix and did not get the achievement.
Yes, I can confirm that you do not need to get the kills in the first 15 seconds of the contract. I did not use any Reactix, and since I was not doing it on an ambush mission, I just used the in-game clock to time my attempt. Did it in 13 or 14 seconds. I provided a good level (top left of monument square) to attempt this on in the guide. Just fire a random shot then wait 1 minute. Then survey the area and count all the guys and plan your shots. They tend to cluster on each side of the street near the explosives. Use those and then pick off any stragglers quickly.

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 08-06-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #40
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
Thanks for the advice. I finally got the achievement. I think the level you had in mind was the bottom of the two on the left of Monument Square. The one on the top has a few more spawn points. It will have to be a mission where you kill the boss first so he doesn't run away. Once you kill the boss and blow the two explosives, there will be ~5 guys that you have to finish off. Clear out one side before you move on to the next.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #41
Deglis

Uldis Daugulis's Gamercard
- About Deep Sleepachievement. It opens for me after 128. but I suppose 125 is necessary amount (as was written by Arsenic 17) because when mission was started I had 122 and achievement pop up after mission was ended.
Deglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #42
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I finally got the achievement. I think the level you had in mind was the bottom of the two on the left of Monument Square. The one on the top has a few more spawn points. It will have to be a mission where you kill the boss first so he doesn't run away. Once you kill the boss and blow the two explosives, there will be ~5 guys that you have to finish off. Clear out one side before you move on to the next.
just achieved this a while ago.

on the other hand, is it just me or is the game now working when you are connected to the internet? i can now see the coop missions and send invites. add me, my gamertag is cccuaresma1
Old 08-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #43
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
still doesn't work for me . i'm using the lumia 900

Old 08-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #44
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Not working for me today either. Lumia 900. Haven't played in a week or two though.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #45
AestheticDebris

AestheticDebris's Gamercard
Still crashy here too. Hopefully the fact is seems to be improving for some people is some sort of sign there is a fix being rolled out on the back end somewhere though.
AestheticDebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #46
hentei009

henteii McYerba's Gamercard
Mathematician achievement I unlocked to get the 5th bonus x3

hentei009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #47
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hentei009 View Post
Mathematician achievement I unlocked to get the 5th bonus x3
Thanks for the confirmation..though this was already in the guide. Cheers.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #48
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
I hit level 39 today and can confirm the exact amount of XP needed for level 40 is 2,566,916.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #49
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
I hit level 39 today and can confirm the exact amount of XP needed for level 40 is 2,566,916.
Thanks for the XP amount. How did you get to 39 so fast? Did you spend money? Just wondering so I could fix the real world time to complete the game.

Also, what kind of XP are you getting per mission now on average? How many contracts did you complete? I am just looking to add to the guide.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #50
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
It's not that bad. I didn't spend any money. It took me about a day and a half per level. Every time you go up a level, you get more energy so you can complete more missions, plus the XP for the contracts go up about 100 each time. Hans Grossberg and Crispin Sandlight contracts gave up to 3900 XP towards the end and Burpie McGhee and Sammy Turtle gave up to 2300. The others gave up to 1500. I don't know about the people where you have to pay 5 credits for because I wasn't lucky enough to win any credits from the daily bonus. I spent my initial credits on Dimitri Pushkin and he only gives out a contract every two days or so. Another thing I thought helped out is using rockets whenever possible. I was getting about 600 bonus XP as opposed to 200 using the Anti-Material Rifle. The game glitched and gave me 20k ammo for all weapon types . The total amount of contracts I completed is 1665.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #51
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
Quote:
It's not that bad. I didn't spend any money. It took me about a day and a half per level. Every time you go up a level, you get more energy so you can complete more missions, plus the XP for the contracts go up about 100 each time. Hans Grossberg and Crispin Sandlight contracts gave up to 3900 XP towards the end and Burpie McGhee and Sammy Turtle gave up to 2300. The others gave up to 1500. I don't know about the people where you have to pay 5 credits for because I wasn't lucky enough to win any credits from the daily bonus. I spent my initial credits on Dimitri Pushkin and he only gives out a contract every two days or so. Another thing I thought helped out is using rockets whenever possible. I was getting about 600 bonus XP as opposed to 200 using the Anti-Material Rifle. The game glitched and gave me 20k ammo for all weapon types . The total amount of contracts I completed is 1665.
hahaha! it also glitched on me and i had around 400++ of each ammo. it also takes me a day to day and a half to level up. i am now at level 37. and i agree with the rockets, they indeed provide lots of bonus. but since i have none anymore, i try to do headshots as they give out twice xp. i also try to kill as early as i can, given that i get x3 multiplier on the first 5 seconds and x2 on the next 10 seconds.

as for the contracts, you are right. these are the multipliers for the maximum possible value that i noticed along with their cool down time:

crispin sandlight (24:00) - level x 50
antonio lamancha (2:00) - level x 40
hans grossberg (1:00) - level x 100
burphie mcghee (0:45) - level x 50
sammy turtle (0:20) - level x 60
parker (0:10) - level x 80 *accidentally unlocked
lorenzo mazzalla (0:07) - level x 20
john smith (0:05) - level x 10

i rarely do the last two at they give out the least amount of xp. i only do if i have excess energy after leveling up and having a full bar.

Last edited by ceeesquared; 08-22-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #52
Grantbear

GR4NT 7714's Gamercard
i just noticed that dimitri pushkin no longer shows on my map. so the total number of informants on my map is 9. that means i would probably need to reinstall the game for the 10 informant achievement. just wanted to let everyone know if you're approaching 40 and don't have that achievement yet.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #53
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
confirming that the total xp needed for level 40 is 2566916. it is the maximum xp you can get, playing after you achieved level 40 won't earn you anymore xp.

contracts completed, 1466. the last few levels were really hard, almost everyone were carrying heavy guns. i am now thinking if i should reset the game and chase the loaded achievement.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #54
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
confirming that the total xp needed for level 40 is 2566916. it is the maximum xp you can get, playing after you achieved level 40 won't earn you anymore xp.

contracts completed, 1466. the last few levels were really hard, almost everyone were carrying heavy guns. i am now thinking if i should reset the game and chase the loaded achievement.
Well if you got all other achievements, save Addicted as well, you got nothing to lose. Delete away! Actually why are you deleting. All you need is to get some credits? Deleting would make a hassle!

Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #55
ceeesquared

cccuaresma1's Gamercard
Quote:
Well if you got all other achievements, save Addicted as well, you got nothing to lose. Delete away! Actually why are you deleting. All you need is to get some credits? Deleting would make a hassle!
the only achievements i am missing are loaded and addicted. i reinstalled the game hoping that it can be played when i am connected to the internet. indeed, i was able to play but it says no xbox live friends.

this evening, it prompted me that my data is not in sync with their server. the server says i am level 30 (even though i just finished the game earlier) and gave me the option if i want to sync to their server. after attempting to sync, it crashed. opening it without internet, it did not sync to level 30. now i can't play it again when i am connected to the internet. wonder what i should do next.

anyhow, for the level 10 achievement, you can actually do it in one day.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #56
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Contract Killer Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #57
nCogNeato

nCogNeato's Gamercard
Glimmer of hope for those still playing...

I've been playing almost every day for the past month or so. Some days the game works, some days it doesn't. Since the issues with the game are server-side, they're pretty much out of our hands as users.

However, a miracle happened this morning. I started the game up to see the 10 gold that I earned over a month ago on a 5-day bonus magically increased to 140 gold overnight. This may just be a glitch in my favor, or it may mean Glu's server(s) have been hording my rewards for playing 5(7?) days in a row and challenges, and they finally shook loose. Either way, it gives me enough encouragement to keep playing.

For those in need of some possibly useless advice, here are some tricks I've been trying:

1. Use 'CO-OP' to sync with the server
When you start the game (and the game actually starts), click 'OK' if any prompt screens (challenges, daily rewards, etc.) pop up. Once you're looking at the game map, click 'CO-OP' and wait for it to fully load. This theoretically ensures your game is in sync with Glu's broken servers, and hopefully tracks your progress & rewards. You'll know you're in sync if you select the ASSASSIN'S GUILD tab and you see all of your friends' actual Xbox LIVE gamerpics. If your friends' gamerpics are one of the default Contract Killer "calling card" avatar pics (gun, raven, wolf, etc.) your game is not in sync. If that's the case, go back to map & try again. When I'm done playing, I click 'CO-OP' and sync my game one last time before exiting, just as a precaution my progress is saved server-side.

2. Refresh your Xbox LIVE friendlist
A month or so ago I noticed that when I add a new Contract Killer friend to my Xbox LIVE friendlist, that friend regularly shows up in my challenge, gift, and news feeds. I assumed it was because the new friend was just playing the game more than my other friends, but when I looked up my friends' game history on xbox.com, that was not the case. So I tried an experiment and removed all of my contract killer friends from my Xbox LIVE friendlist, started (and synced) Contract Killer confirming my ASSASSIN'S GUILD tab is empty. Then I exit the game, re-add my friends via xbox.com, and restart (and sync) Contract Killer and confirm my friends have returned to my ASSASSIN'S GUILD tab. For the following few days/week I receive far more gifts, and challenges unlock much faster. Now this may just be a coincidence, but I've done this twice over the past month and noticed a big improvement both times.

3. Play during morning, noon and night
I have noticed that I am only able to send gifts to certain friends at various parts of the day. I assume this is either an issue with time zones, or perhaps Glu's servers update different users at different times of day. Either way, I try to sync my game and send gifts & challenge updates to friends in the morning, afternoon, and evening.

Keep in mind the game is a hot mess, and you may not see any improvements by following my advice. All I know is what I've experienced, and the tricks I've been using have seemed to improve my game experience and may improve yours if you stick with it for a month+.

Last edited by nCogNeato; 02-13-2013 at 05:27 PM.
nCogNeato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #58
GREY058

Garry GREY's Gamercard
Quote:
Only one player in the world has this achievement
Can i be second? Lol. I can tell how unlock it with save edit (not hacking Xbox LIVE xD) (interop or full unlock required)
GREY058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #59
GREY058

Garry GREY's Gamercard
How get "Addicted" achievement
1. You need unlocked (!) phone (interop with ROOTtools or FullUnlocked)
2. Install WebServer on your phone
3. Start it and open webserver on your PC

4. Go to Filesystem - /Applications/Data/3A9B71B7-959C-4253-8770-1CA203D4768F/Data/IsolatedStore
5. Download "file_player"

6. Open with notepad and find - "daily_bonus_row" replace your number on 7

7. Delete file from your phone and upload new one
8. Start game - achievement will unlock

p.s. tested on Omnia 7 with InteropUnlock
p.p.s. fair? maybe not, but its only way to unlock it. Sorry for my english, hope it helped
GREY058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #60
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREY058 View Post
How get "Addicted" achievement
1. You need unlocked (!) phone (interop with ROOTtools or FullUnlocked)
2. Install WebServer on your phone
3. Start it and open webserver on your PC

4. Go to Filesystem - /Applications/Data/3A9B71B7-959C-4253-8770-1CA203D4768F/Data/IsolatedStore
5. Download "file_player"

6. Open with notepad and find - "daily_bonus_row" replace your number on 7

7. Delete file from your phone and upload new one
8. Start game - achievement will unlock

p.s. tested on Omnia 7 with InteropUnlock
p.p.s. fair? maybe not, but its only way to unlock it. Sorry for my english, hope it helped
This will get your gamerscore reset. I suggest not doing it. Yes it is not hacking Xbox Live, but it still is cheating. It is no different then game saving. Will prob get deleted by the mods anyway.