PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
The Pianistt

Hard Ontologist's Gamercard
Got intel with cheats and can't get the achievement? Here's your help!

(I know this is repeat information, but I had to dig through 8 pages of naysayers to find the solution, so I'm posting this as, hopefully, a one-stop solution thread that will QUICKLY get people the answer they need. Please sticky?)

As you know, if you have a cheat activated while you collect any piece of enemy intel throughout the game, you are not granted the corresponding achievement(s) (Look Sharp/Eyes and Ears) after you have collected all 15/30 pieces. The intel pieces do not respawn. Furthermore, the data concerning them is stored in your Gamertag, so deleting your saved games/game data does not make them reappear. This has led many to believe there is no possible way to get the achievements after collecting intel with a cheat on.

But you can. It involves a somewhat tricky maneuver... but if you're stuck at 980/1000 gamerscore for Modern Warfare, you will be happy to do whatever it takes.

The YouTube video below explains the procedure for the fix. It involves resetting the intel on your gamer profile, so that you can go back through the game and recollect the intel without cheats on, triggering the achievement. BE AWARE: The video explanation skips a crucial step, without which the procedure will not work. Thus, I have outlined the basic steps below the link; including the one which the video did not. In bold is the step not explicitly mentioned in the video.

This procedure requires that you be using a wireless controller.

1. At COD4 start screen, log into a gamer profile which has collected no intel in the game (such as a "Guest" profile: if you do not have one, create one).

2. Select the mission F.N.G. and load the mission. The difficulty level does not matter. Steps 3-4 which follow must be completed while the missions is loading.

3. While the mission is loading, quickly sign out of the guest profile, and sign back in with your own profile (the profile on which you used cheats to collect the intel).

4. After your profile is signed in completely (remember to press "A" when it tells you you can't sign into Xbox Live), remove the power pack of your wireless controller.

5. When the mission has finished loading, reconnect the power pack and power up your controller. The game will inform you that your profile was signed out and that you must exit.

6. Sign back out of your profile before returning to the main menu (this is the step which the video excludes, and it is crucial). Then, without a profile loaded, go back to mission select and begin the mission "F.N.G." again. When it asks you to sign in, sign in with your own profile (the profile on which you used cheats to collect the intel).

That's it. When the mission loads, check your intel and you will see that it has been reset; that you have collected 0 of 30 pieces. You may now go back through the game and collect all the intel pieces (without cheats on!), upon which you will receive the proper achievement(s).

Use the YouTube video for further guidance, but remember to follow step 6, which the video excludes. Good luck!

Last edited by The Pianistt; 10-08-2009 at 05:03 PM.
The Pianistt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
Thutch1783

xX Hutch Xx's Gamercard
Can't get to work. In the video it does not say cannot sign in to xbox live after signing in during the load screen.
Thutch1783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
helta_skelta

helta skelta990's Gamercard
can anyone do this for me?

50,000 on 12/10/2009

70,000 on 09/06/2010
100,000 on 10/05/2011
123456 on 11/07/2012
helta_skelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
Thutch1783

xX Hutch Xx's Gamercard
hey never mind i did it. took several tries but i did it.
Thutch1783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
The Pianistt

Congrats thutch! helta skelta: we had chatted on live but we never got together. you still need help w/ this?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 AM   #6
helta_skelta

helta skelta990's Gamercard
yer still need help

50,000 on 12/10/2009

70,000 on 09/06/2010
100,000 on 10/05/2011
123456 on 11/07/2012
helta_skelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
Theo The Testi

Theo The Testi's Gamercard
i really need help on this, i got so exited the other day because i finished the game on veteran, but then i realized i couldn't get 1000g. daamn i was gutted, but yeah i tried this LOADS and cant seem to get it right so if anyone could help hit me up, Theo The Testi is my tag. c:
Theo The Testi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
Ragecutter

hey i could use your help. i followed all your steps but the game still says i have the 30 intel
Ragecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
feuron reign

Feuron Reign's Gamercard
SAME! i was bloody gutted! this isnt working for me either my tags feuron reign if anyone wants to help me out
feuron reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
feuron reign

Feuron Reign's Gamercard
ahh its cool i recovered my tag on someone elses 360 and did the same trick and it worked like a charm thanks alot!
feuron reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
Sixthbrick

sixthbrick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by feuron reign View Post
ahh its cool i recovered my tag on someone elses 360 and did the same trick and it worked like a charm thanks alot!
when u put ur tagg back on ur xbox did u still have the achievement?,

iam gonna try and recover mine to see if it will work that way for me

Just keep running, you dont wanna know
whats behind you

Sixthbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #12
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Silver   GSL 11 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I cant get it to work (not the profile linked to this account) ive done it numerous times and even tried clearing my cache.... nothing
Old 11-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
Sixthbrick

sixthbrick's Gamercard
tried this loads of times and never works even tried after recovering gamer tagg on friends xbox. am starting to think this thread is fake

Just keep running, you dont wanna know
whats behind you

Sixthbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #14
like 20 people

Thumbs down

Doesn't work at all. Video doesn't even work, and what you describe doesn't actually happen.
like 20 people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
The Pianistt

I understand the frustration on the part of those who it isn't working for yet. Keep trying! There are many of us who have done it successfully. Don't give up. Remember to follow all of the steps exactly! I'm going to try to get another YouTube video posted, since the one above was removed.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #16
willberry88

Send a message via MSN to willberry88

MrOrange88's Gamercard
Slightly off topic question. Can i use cheats and get the mile high club achievement?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #17
XAVIERfan06

XAVIERfan06's Gamercard
This doesn't work I have tried it a thousand times and every time I try it I get back to the last part and it tells me to sign in and I sign in and it takes me back to the press start screen ? Anybody really know if this works

Last edited by XAVIERfan06; 11-30-2009 at 02:05 AM.
XAVIERfan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:35 AM   #18
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
no, all cheats disable all achievements otheriwise veteran wouldnt be apain in the arse

Netflix Junkie: Currently watching: Random stuff XD
pvt Zleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:54 AM   #19
Bababushca

Bababushca's Gamercard
D=

Why wont this work!!! I'm going to start crying.
Bababushca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #20
SHaMROCK 73

SHaMROCK 73's Gamercard
I have tried this several times and all the things that are said to supposed to happen are happening but it isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not the most skilled gamer, but I did this entire game (except no fighting in the war room and mile high club on Vetran). I want 1000/1000 but my son and I goofed around with the camera filters aKa cheats and now I'm screwed.
SHaMROCK 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #21
HansVonWarmuth

WARMOOTH's Gamercard
I've tried many times and still cannot get this to work.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #22
convex

Convex's Gamercard
If I remember, ever since the avatar dashboard update this glitch no longer works. I did the same thing and screwed myself out of that cheevo.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #23
Lord Terrax XII

Lord Terrax XII's Gamercard
It works... I did it like 2 months ago.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #24
SHaMROCK 73

SHaMROCK 73's Gamercard
Help...

Could someone who has done this successfully do this for me please. Message me here or on Xbox Live. My gamertag is 'SHaMROCK 73'. Thank you!!!
SHaMROCK 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #25
HansVonWarmuth

WARMOOTH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Terrax XII View Post
It works... I did it like 2 months ago.
Shit, I don't know what I'm doing wrong then, I keep trying but it never works. This guys needs to do another video, I might be able to catch what I'm doing wrong if I watch the video.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #26
Atomic Diharrea

AtomicDiarrha's Gamercard
I do believe it works, but I just can't seem to get it.

See, I'll describe what happens. I have my Gold Live Account, Atomic Diharrea (my cheating bastard account) and that Silver Live Account, ILoveYourPeenis (yeah sorry.... that's the Guest one) I don't think he's got any intel since all the missions are still locked and I've never uploaded it anywhere else.

So what i do is I log in with Clear.
I'm going through the mission, select, I take FNG on regular.

First Doubt: As soon as the loading bar appears, I log off, then log in with Atomic, but it does not say "Can't sign in to xbox live". So I don't have to press A like said. Does that mean I must unplugg my connexion? It wasn't specified, so I don't know much about that. I'm only guessing.

Then of course, I remove the battery back. Wait for the end of the loading bar. Error message. Put back battery pack. Log off from Atomic. return automaticaly to main menu.

Second Doubt: Now I'm not logged in with anybody. I go over "mission select", showing me right away a message telling me to log in or progress won't be save. If I say no, then go to FNG, regular, it doesn't ask me to log in again, and even if I manually log in with Atomic, it brings me back to menu as soon as the loading is done (after the Error message). So if I log in when they ask me, at the main menu, would it work? because that's not what is said in the description.

Now I can't find any clear video of that. I think it is a pain in the ass, I can't see why Xbox can't let us clear all my saves: I've beaten veteran and all, I just want a second chance! i guess uploading my profile on another xbox would bring along my super intels anyway... Anyway, tell me what am I doing wrong, it's been about a year I'm dead-pissed with that achievement. For once, that's a game that's not too hard to complete without impossible or super long achievement, and THAT glitch (and Mile High Club XD) prevent me from completing it.... damn!

Atomic Diharrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #27
Atomic Diharrea

AtomicDiarrha's Gamercard
No answer yet? I achieved Mile high Club, so I'd really like to get Eyes and Ears to finish that game entirely I could focus on HAVING FUN during the multiplayer sessions, now XD

Atomic Diharrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #28
iBlessing 09
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Video doesn't work anymore.
iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #29
ThreeLeggedRace

Send a message via MSN to ThreeLeggedRace

ThreeLeggedRace's Gamercard
I've also tried this... dozens of times. Not only does it not proceed like explained but even multiple variations on the process yields the same result, no intel reset. I was one of the few/many who didn't realize that if you disable one of the cheats before picking up intel it still bends you over. Has anyone tried using a friend's console and importing their gamer profile into that system and then loading the game? I was going to with a buddy of mine but he just rrod'd. And for those with the same problem, don't waste your time deleting your game save as this does not reset intel.

PS Dear Infinity, loved the game, not so thrilled that you'd lock an achievement out completely. I get it, cheaters are cheaters and deserve what they get. But had I known messing with picture resolution was such a sin I would never have done it. Time to patch this bad boy up.

Last edited by ThreeLeggedRace; 03-03-2010 at 07:45 PM.
ThreeLeggedRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #30
bdghablig500

bdghablig500's Gamercard
And this is why people should not play with cheats unless their done with the whole game and just wanna fool around like me

100% Complete (Retail)

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

100% Complete (Arcade)

1. 3 On 3 NHL Arcade
2. Harm's Way
3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Currently Working On:

1. Borderlands 2
2. Halo 4
bdghablig500 is offline   Reply With Quote