PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rocksmith
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
demonizer_andy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 963

demonizer andy's Gamercard
will any jack to usb cable work

as the title suggests, its yet to come out in the uk, i have guitars already and i have 1/4 jacks to usb so to save money id just buy the game but i cant seem to find anythin on the cable really, so just wondering if any cable would work
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
demonizer_andy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 963

demonizer andy's Gamercard
iv since found out the answer is no you need the rocksmith cable
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Narkaotik
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Qc, Canada
Posts: 81

narkaotik's Gamercard
Exactly, you need the converter that is in the rocksmith cable
__________________
Narkaotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
Xeros150
 
Xeros150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 117

Xeros150's Gamercard
Sadly, it's a no. I had a 1/4" to USB jack from before, but it doesn't work. I will never get that 2 person achievement, since no one I know owns the game, but me.
Xeros150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #5
pedgz
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 158

pedgz's Gamercard
tried doing what the OP did just to unlock that 2-guitar cheevo, but it didn't work. had to buy another real-tone cable - which was alright, since i have a friend who comes over to play the MP with me. that is definitely the single, most expensive achievement i unlocked ($30 +tax!).
pedgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
demonizer_andy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 963

demonizer andy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedgz View Post
tried doing what the OP did just to unlock that 2-guitar cheevo, but it didn't work. had to buy another real-tone cable - which was alright, since i have a friend who comes over to play the MP with me. that is definitely the single, most expensive achievement i unlocked ($30 +tax!).
yeah im ok because i own a couple of guitars that courtesy of ebay were really good bargains, and im lucky enough that i get promo copies of games free i just have to buy accessories etc so makes sense to order the cable for 20 rather than buy the whole thing, i dont see me getting anywhere near 1000 on this game, but i dont agree with games that make you spend more to get the most out of the game, specially when it comes to achievements, i cant rem which game it was where it wasnt possible to get a full 1000 unless you paid for DLC, and games like alice madness returns if you buy pre owned you cant get 1000gs,

but overall im just lookin forward to this game ,i teach myself guitar and seem to have come to a block where i cant seem to progress much further, so this game is gonna kill 2 birds with one stone, as i love guitar hero im gonna get my gaming fix and as i love guitar im gonna get my guitar learning fix, only a week to go cant wait
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
pedgz
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 158

pedgz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonizer_andy View Post
but overall im just lookin forward to this game ,i teach myself guitar and seem to have come to a block where i cant seem to progress much further, so this game is gonna kill 2 birds with one stone, as i love guitar hero im gonna get my gaming fix and as i love guitar im gonna get my guitar learning fix, only a week to go cant wait
all the best! but remember, don't rely solely on rocksmith to teach you/improve your guitar playing. it always helps to find other means of learning, especially with the guitar. that way you can find your own style of playing.
pedgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
demonizer_andy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 963

demonizer andy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedgz View Post
all the best! but remember, don't rely solely on rocksmith to teach you/improve your guitar playing. it always helps to find other means of learning, especially with the guitar. that way you can find your own style of playing.
yeah deffo in theory i can play guitar already, its just how well i can play guitar i guess lol, so for this one its teaching me some of my fav songs but more improtantly helping me or going to help me with finger speed and placement, i can see me putting plenty of time into this one, ah well i should have it tomorrow providing my cable arrives and il leave my thoughts n feedback on here, im thinking of doing a progress review too for people who are unsure
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 PM.