Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
ridder

poooooo dribble's Gamercard
We’re in for some Chop help.

Im having some issues with this achievement, I've used trip mines and blown up 2 wraiths and a couple of choppers and still nothing.

Originally i was starting a level at the halfway point kind of thing, but I've also tried starting from the beginning.

The only thing i can think of is stupid allies stealing the kill. Although the amount of times i've done it surely its too unlikely.

Anyone have any advice that will help??
ridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
The Rabbit Suit

entitled gamer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Was able to nab this two days ago in the same area with tripmines. I loaded from the checkpoint, so that can't be it.

All I did was made sure to to shoot off the first two plates on the front of the brute chopper then put out the tripmine. It blew and the achievement popped.

Difficulty shouldn't matter. A few guides on TA recommend Easy just so you can avoid being splattered by the choppers when you approach them.

Somewhat OT, I am having similar trouble with a different achievement though. The Used Car Salesman just seems impossible. I've shot down several phantoms and make every attempt to destroy their turrets throughout the campaign, but it won't click for me.

The Rabbit Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridder View Post
Anyone have any advice that will help??
ive popped this achievement both ways, campaign and multiplayer (two gamertags). i would say the easiest is to keep trying campaign, the checkpoint you're using is good just try to soften it up like rabbit mentioned. a ghost might be easier to try and get the achievement. if it really proves tough though, i would just play MP and get it naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rabbit Suit View Post
Somewhat OT, I am having similar trouble with a different achievement though. The Used Car Salesman just seems impossible. I've shot down several phantoms and make every attempt to destroy their turrets throughout the campaign, but it won't click for me.
you're trying to do it with phantoms? i've never personally popped it like that before, the way i always got it done was on MP when the enemy team gets 3 people in the hog. alternatively, an easy way is to load up "the covenant" on rally point bravo i believe (it should load to the part where UNSC drops off marines + vehicles). use the tank and go thru that tunnel, almost emmediately you see a prowler coming around the corner. actually lots of spots to get this achievement on that mission, its mostly vehicle wars.

send me a message if you want a partner on co-op campaign im lonely on halo3 lol (Asari command0)
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote