PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Spelunky
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Chaosturbo8

Chaosturbo8's Gamercard
What's the hardest thing you've accomplished?

For me it was easily beating Hell. Too many inconsequential things happened to me every playthrough such as items not spawning, enemies provoking shopkeepers, chain combo's that resulted in my impending doom, and the such. When I finally beat it I could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

So tell me, what's your story?
Chaosturbo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Capn Franky

Capn Franky's Gamercard
Simply beating the game from start to finish by murdering every shop keeper from 1-2 through black market and to Olmec, I've yet to attempt hell or city of gold but if either are like the alien mother ship it's going to take me a looooooong time.....
Capn Franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
SnapDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Franky View Post
Simply beating the game from start to finish by murdering every shop keeper from 1-2 through black market and to Olmec, I've yet to attempt hell or city of gold but if either are like the alien mother ship it's going to take me a looooooong time.....
If it makes you feel better, I think Hell is easier than the mothership.
SnapDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Franky View Post
What is a good strategy for killing the shopkeepers? As soon as I hit them with anything they go nuts and then its basically impossible for me. Any tips?
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Chaosturbo8

Chaosturbo8's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 View Post
What is a good strategy for killing the shopkeepers? As soon as I hit them with anything they go nuts and then its basically impossible for me. Any tips?
My trick for killing them is going by the shop, throwing a rope next to it and then i throw bombs while safely perched on my rope.
After you get a shotgun, you can safely kill them from afar. Just get level with them and get far enough away that he can't see you. Then keep firing until you no longer hear the music.
Chaosturbo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosturbo8 View Post
My trick for killing them is going by the shop, throwing a rope next to it and then i throw bombs while safely perched on my rope.
After you get a shotgun, you can safely kill them from afar. Just get level with them and get far enough away that he can't see you. Then keep firing until you no longer hear the music.
Thats a great idea. I'll have to give it a try later. Thanks for the tips. I am loving this game but boy is it hard.
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
Matty Thorns

Daigoro's Gamercard
just getting the key to tunnel man so far. it wasnt too bad though.

just playing through the game and dying over and over (especially because of stupidity) is hard.

trying to get past temple 2 then maybe. havent done that yet.
Matty Thorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
FlackoWeasel

Send a message via MSN to FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel's Gamercard
I'm myself trying to get 3 achievements at the same time, Speedlunky, 2 player achi and Ironman. Using a 2nd controller is a bit easier tho, if you die, you can continue with the other player so game isnt over so quick.

Nutty Female Gamer, So Nutty So Crazy!
FlackoWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Chaosturbo8

Chaosturbo8's Gamercard
You're welcome, AgentOrange! =D
Going for three achievements, Flacko?! That could end disastrously! Good luck though! =p
Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
To each their own and all, but going for both the co-op and the speedrun at the same time sounds like a horrible idea...
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel's Gamercard
I have been so close now. I once got it, but I messed up in the Olmec. Yesterday was all the way to the Temple lvl 3 but Hawkman killed me. I have to restart until I get a jetpack, use the dublicate thingie and Im off to go .3. I also use a strategy that if 1 dies, I use the 2nd one as long as possible. If I'm low on life, I revive the 2nd player and carry the other one untill it dies and so on.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #12
sepulturas666

Sounds like this way will take you more time than getting them separately. Good luck anyway.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel's Gamercard
Had weird thing. I got Ironman achievement and after it went away, it said 2 for 70. But nothing came after Ironman. Was 20 sec over for speedunky :C

Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #14
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Uh, Microsoft changed the achievement popping system several years ago... You don't get multiple pops for getting multiple achievements now, you get one saying "2 for 70G" or whatever. Ironman popping separately was for your other controller.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
Doctorspazz

Doctor Spazz's Gamercard
The hardest thing I have done was beating the game the hard way. After 3 attempts at taking our Yuma, I was not defeated on the 4th.
Doctorspazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #16
Chaosturbo8

Chaosturbo8's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorspazz View Post
The hardest thing I have done was beating the game the hard way. After 3 attempts at taking our Yuma, I was not defeated on the 4th.
I got lucky on my run. I had a single heart from the Temple levels, and somehow managed to progress through Hell and end up victorious. I have to say, after I managed to accomplish that it was a huge weight off of my shoulders for sure.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
Matty Thorns

Daigoro's Gamercard
mine has changed.

i beat the game without shortcuts today, definitely the hardest thing to date.

lots more left to do.
Matty Thorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
Eddy Kemp

Eddy Kemp's Gamercard
Low Scorer...

The "Low Scorer" achievement was my bane for a while. I feel guilty for ultimately using the two-controller item-steal method, but my patience was gone after so, so many cheap failures while attempting this 'chievo legitimately.

Either way, this achievement took me *more* attempts than To Hell and Back, but To Hell and Back was much more exciting and satisfying to earn. Low Scorer felt more like a chore and stopped being fun.
Eddy Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
would have to be the big money achievements, as I couldnt get into the city of gold cos I forgot to get the ankh.Just managed it in olmec's lair though, so glad i got this out the way. Just low scorer left now.

Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #20
HolyMoses81

HolyMoses81's Gamercard
For me it was my low scorer run while being a terrorist for the last 6 levels!
On 4-3 i got a dark level and even got shot by the shopkeeper guarding the exit.
Still made it with 1 heart left and no gold collected!
Retail 100% (Highlights): Alice: Madness Returns, Bayonetta, Bioshock, Bulletstorm, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow, Dark Souls, Darksiders, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Catherine, Rock Band 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Williams Pinball Collection

XBLA 100% (Highlights): Spelunky Bejeweled Blitz Live, Beyond Good And Evil HD, Castlevania SOTN, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolvedē, Limbo, N+, Trials HD, Wik: Fable Of Souls
HolyMoses81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
OzzyMartin

OzzyMartin's Gamercard
Probably finishing the game from start. Saving over 10 damsels, killed 12 shopkeepers and went through the City of Gold. All in one run. Could have made it to hell that time, but I had'nt beat the game before so when Olmec droped into the lava, I chickened out.
OzzyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #22
OzzyMartin

OzzyMartin's Gamercard
Omfg I just completed hell! Watching the credits now. My hands are shaking! I'm so happy
OzzyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote