PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Trials: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
VERY easy compared to Trials HD

This game was a cake walk for me pretty much. I only have the scenic route achievement left, and it seems easy enough, as I already have all the tracks done with no faults, I just have to do them in one run now. I thought maybe I had gotten better at trials somehow, so I went back and played trials HD, as I only have one extreme track done. I tried every other one and couldnt pass them. FML.
gmurda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
II KaotiK

Drjft's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is something a lot of reviews have addressed. The game is easier in general, and much more twitchier, too.

1st in Australia to 1000GS Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

II KaotiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by II KaotiK View Post
This is something a lot of reviews have addressed. The game is easier in general, and much more twitchier, too.
well hopefully they dont decide to make the DLC a bitch
gmurda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
DFizzle720

DFizzle720's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurda33 View Post
well hopefully they dont decide to make the DLC a bitch
With as much as I've seen about how much easier Evo is I wouldn't be at all surprised if RL brings the pain in the DLC.
DFizzle720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #5
Red Testament

Red Testament's Gamercard
Well, I'm glad it's easy for you guys, lol.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Well, of course it seems easier since Trials HD has been out for roughly 3 years, and I'm sure the majority of us have played the hell out of it. Having the general idea on what to really helps out.

But, then again, you could be right and it is easier.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
RL already patched HD to make it easier, and even then it was damn hard, I think they are now appearing towards a broader audience which is a good thing, there are still hard tracks there for the elites, but achievement wise they have it locked down nicely I think.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 47
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Of course its going to be easier for those who have played and completed HD. The games engine, gameplay & controls havn't changed. Its the same game with slightly better environments and different tracks. For players who havn't played HD there is still going be a huge learning curve.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
I would say that all the beginner-hard track were pretty easy, I don't have all gold on hard but they won't be too hard when I start to practise them more. Extreme tracks on the other hand... I have passed em all expect Inferno 3 and that is just ridiculous. I can't get past the second checkpoint lol
Old 04-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
IVIR BLOBBY

IVIR BLOBBY's Gamercard
Difficulty doesn't really matter, its beati8ng your friends times & trying to beat your own time that has you coming back again & again

Guides - DR2: off the record
IVIR BLOBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Xer0 Ph0kus

Xer0 Ph0kus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIR BLOBBY View Post
Difficulty doesn't really matter, its beati8ng your friends times & trying to beat your own time that has you coming back again & again
This right here.

On top of that I really like what RL did with this game. Sure it's pretty easy to complete every track and probably get most of the achievements, but now go platinum "Wrecked" and tell me how easy it is. They made it easy enough that almost everyone will get to see almost all the courses, but hard enough that mastering those skills will take a long time.
Xer0 Ph0kus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I STILL can't get passed the stone hand in the demo. The other day I tried 20+ times and quit. Other than that, I think the game is a lot of fun...like the jumps in the coaster course!

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
i got squeezed

i got squeezed's Gamercard
I didn't buy HD, but I did buy his game and I love it. Extreme Tracks are easy for me after I went through them a couple times and I do agree that they might go hardcore on us in the DLC.
i got squeezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #14
eXoTiC Zebes0

Send a message via Skype™ to eXoTiC Zebes0

eXoTiC Zebes0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickinonachain View Post
i still can't get passed the stone hand in the demo. The other day i tried 20+ times and quit. Other than that, i think the game is a lot of fun...like the jumps in the coaster course!
hahahahaha
Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #15
SonsOfDisaster

SonsOfDisaster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I STILL can't get passed the stone hand in the demo. The other day I tried 20+ times and quit. Other than that, I think the game is a lot of fun...like the jumps in the coaster course!
Just lean forward while your going up the ramp leading to the hand, you should land right in the center of it, then you can keep going, it beats the hand everytime haha.
SonsOfDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
JAYSTAMX

Send a message via MSN to JAYSTAMX

JAYSTAMX's Gamercard
Achievements wise it is, because Inferno 3 kicked my ass for a good 20 minutes before i completed it! As stated above though its the competitive side of Trials that is very addictive, which is why multiplayer was such a brilliant addition to the game.
JAYSTAMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #17
ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
RL already patched HD to make it easier, and even then it was damn hard, I think they are now appearing towards a broader audience which is a good thing, there are still hard tracks there for the elites, but achievement wise they have it locked down nicely I think.
Thank god for that... I got stuck on HD and never finished it. Wouldn't have bought this if they didn't make it easier.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:31 AM   #18
HDresden

VGM 007's Gamercard
I think it may be a bit easier for some tracks, but at the same time some of the environment destruction and interaction can really throw you off on a perfect run.

one reason why I think it may be easier is the license tests, which give you a handle of what to expect in the next tracks. I haven't played HD in a while, but if I remember correctly by the time the extreme tracks had come along, there game gave you no help at all on how to pull off some of the tricky parts or different methods like feathering and more in depth balance shifting. I remember having to look on youtube and study some videos a few times on how to pull of some parts for the extreme tracks.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #19
Flugruger

OP it's interesting that you still can't do the extreme tracks on HD because I think discounting all the experience I got on HD some of them are probably just as difficult. Inferno 3 is every bit as hard as 2 IMO and The Wreck has that box of death that gets a good few faults out of me every time. First three Extreme ones on Evolution were easy as hell though, wouldn't have been out of place in the Hard section tbh.

The achievements are a hell of a lot easier for sure though. Unyielding II is the only one that is harder than its similar Trials HD counterpart, Scenic Route is totally laughable compared to Marathon. Had some minor bother with Burned to a Crisp but that only took me about 20 tries, nothing I couldn't handle after playing HD.

Last edited by Flugruger; 04-29-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Flugruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #20
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yeah I agree its easier, still a fun game tho. Hopefully DLC is a bit more challenging.

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
One Winged Joker

DarkSephiroth93's Gamercard
I find it easier too, but I still have some despair moments playing it. Very funny, though.

One Winged Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #22
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
That's so funny because I played the demo twice and the first time I breezed through that map. I didn't even notice it was a hand when I played it again last night, my girlfriend pointed it out and I died on it about ten times. I loved the first game and really want this. I've stopped buying most arcade games new because they're always half off within a few months but man I think I'm gonna give in and get this today. This is precisely what arcade games should be. The addictive fun of the Trials series give me fuzzy feelings like the Pro Skater series once did.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #23
SethDedun

SethDedun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurda33 View Post
This game was a cake walk for me pretty much. I only have the scenic route achievement left, and it seems easy enough, as I already have all the tracks done with no faults, I just have to do them in one run now. I thought maybe I had gotten better at trials somehow, so I went back and played trials HD, as I only have one extreme track done. I tried every other one and couldnt pass them. FML.
Agreed, though I haven't gone back and tried HD to compare and see yet. I think they had to tone it down a bit from the first one b/c some of the were just ridiculous!! Though I completed all my tracks it became frustrating to see some players breeze through the Extreme ones in HD!!!! I'm currently working the platinum Medals (bought the game Saturday and have 6 now)
SethDedun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #24
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethDedun View Post
I'm currently working the platinum Medals (bought the game Saturday and have 6 now)
Nice going, I'm after the platinums as well. Finished all Beginner tracks platinum and now have 10 of them. Gonna start on the Easy tracks soon

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
ChickinOnaChain

I said I wasn't going to get it until it went on sale but I caved last night and got it. While I know I won't get to far into it, it is fun. And a lot better than Trials HD.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #26
andami

Send a message via MSN to andami

Andami's Gamercard
This game was much too easy. I already have everything Gold (Tracks, Tourneys, and Skill Games included), and I also have a Plat on every difficulty except Extreme. Maybe 20+ Plats total. I was nowhere near that on Trials HD.

@Guy above me, you made the right decision
andami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #27
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I said I wasn't going to get it until it went on sale but I caved last night and got it. While I know I won't get to far into it, it is fun. And a lot better than Trials HD.
Thats an understatement! This game makes it seem like HD was never around. I think evolution is better in every way.

I can vouch that its easier, since i only had a problem on Dark City Run.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #28
ShaDoWL1nK

L1nK oF ShaDoWz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIR BLOBBY View Post

EXACTLY!! This is (IMO) one of those games that you luv to hate.......or is it hate to luv?? idk but when I get frustrated and turn it off, by the end of the day I'm right back on it. best 1200 points I've ever spent!!
ShaDoWL1nK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #29
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Woohoo
I got the Gold medal on every track in the game, exhept for Dark City Run and Inferno 3 .. which i have Bronze ..
Have to go through both of them multiple times again if I want 100% completion in Career

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #30
ChickinOnaChain

After playing the demo a half a dozen times, I felt like I'd get it before it went on sale.

As for it being "easy"...if bronze medals were gold...if "faults" were badges of honor...if the slowest times among your friends were really 1st place...then yes.