Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Official Character Build Thread

Ok, so after tiring of having to go over to ps3tropies to check out the latest character builds people are doing, I began to wonder "Why the hell am I doing this when we should have a thread like this of our very own over at x360a?" So, I decided to make a thread where we could share our builds, and different play styles for each other to check out, and also as a valuable resource for new players wondering what they should do and how to go about building their character, what to upgrade for a specific build, etc. I of course, will start off with one of mine, but I really hope this will catch on and we'll see some of the more experience players on here offer up some builds. I'm sure people the likes of Gackt, Dervius, and many others who help people regularly on here have some nice builds to share. So let's see them!!!

Ghost X30's All-Around Build

Ok, so with this build my focus was the new player, and creating a solid all-around build that would give them a variety of options for a particular area, while still focusing enough on VIT, END, and STR to go toe to toe with any boss/enemy in the game and come out ahead. Some stats that weren't the primary focus of the build, were given points to allow access to things like INT for the Sorcery achievement, or enough FAITH to use Heal for summons.

Starting Class: Pyromancer

Soul Level: 98

Vitality: 32
Attunement: 16
Endurance: 40
Strength: 36
Dexterity: 18
Resistance: 12
Intelligence: 15
Faith: 12
Humanity: Always 10

RH - Chaos Claymore +5/Black Knight Sword +5 - These both packed a tremendous punch and both were doing between 650 to 750 backstab damage on the Black knights in the Kiln. Not Gwyn, not Seath, not Nito or the 4 Kings stood very long against either of these weapons. Keep in mind with the Chaos Claymore, which I absolutely fell in love with, to keep your humanity up to 10 to get the full effect.

RH2 - Pyromancy Glove +5 - Fully upgraded by Quelaana. Massive damage. With most bosses you'll simply watch their health peel away.

LH - Grass Crest Shield - Invaluable for stamina recovery, great all-around magic defense, and while it doesn't block 100% physical, I never once noticed a significant enough amount of damage from blocking an enemy. It really is a no-brainer and the ONLY time I removed it was when I needed shield with good resistances, in which case, I went with my trusty Bloodshield +10

LH2 - Thorolund Talisman - A much better choice than your typical talisman as it gives you more health recovery when using Heal, which will help out a lot when being summoned by players that aren't as experienced with the game, thus, causing you to get more into the thick of things

Armor:

Head: Gold-Hemmed Hood
Body: Stone Golem Armor
Hands: Stone Golem Gauntlets
Legs: Gold-Hemmend Skirt

Great protection and resistance, while simultaneously offering solid poise a physical protection. A good choice for the player going through the game for his/her first time

Rings:

Slot 1: Dark Wood Grain Ring - Reduces 50% equip burden to 25% allowing for great mobility when needing to dodge and get the hell out of the way of an oncoming shit storm

Slot 2: Ring of Favor and Protection - Gives a boost to VIT and Equip Burden. Hard to argue against that.

Spells:

Fire Orb, Great Combustion, Great Fireball, and Heal

PVE:

If your skill increases as your stats do, then you will be disposing of most anything this game throws at you with very little difficulty. Will you still die? LOL - Of course you will. But as you learn the areas, enemies, and bosses patterns, this build will serve you well, and will make for a fairly painless NG and give you plenty of opportunities to get summons throughout the game, to earn both a ton of souls, as well as valuable experience dealing with and disposing of many of the games more formidable foes. Enjoy!!!

PVP: I don't really engage in enough PVP to say for sure, but what I will say was that while I may have lost a few invasions, I sent a good many invaders packing. Especially, trolls.

Last edited by ghostx30; 07-31-2012 at 07:04 PM.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
stefb42

stefb42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Dark Souls Character Planner

try adding that,it's quite helpful
Old 08-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefb42 View Post
Dark Souls Character Planner

try adding that,it's quite helpful
Thanks for the link. However, this isn't for planning a character. The purpose of this thread is for people to share their already completed builds for others to check out, try, and to help give newer players a reference point of where to go with their points for a particular type of build. While the link to the planner is always helpful, it's not really relevant here. This is for already developed, effective, created for a particular purpose type builds to share. Not for planning a character.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostx30 View Post
Thanks for the link. However, this isn't for planning a character. The purpose of this thread is for people to share their already completed builds for others to check out, try, and to help give newer players a reference point of where to go with their points for a particular type of build. While the link to the planner is always helpful, it's not really relevant here. This is for already developed, effective, created for a particular purpose type builds to share. Not for planning a character.
You cans still show off your already complete character with it too. For instance, your character is here:
http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=...VuLHdvb2Rlbg==

Last edited by Method; 08-01-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
You cans still show off your already complete character with it too. For instance, your character is here:
http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=...VuLHdvb2Rlbg==
Absolutely. As long as it's an already completed build, the format in which you choose to post is perfectly fine. It just needs to be a build of some type, and of course, a little info on the build, character, an what you found effective about achieving your goal with the particular build is always helpful for any newer players who might be looking to the thread for reference purposes.

I chose the format I presented mine in because I wanted to offer up explanations and insights into my build, as well as what I found helpful/worked about the build, that just posting a link to it already worked out in the in the character planner woudn't have sufficiently provided.

Last edited by ghostx30; 08-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
stefb42

stefb42's Gamercard

it wasn't meant to undermine your advice or take anything away from it,it was just something for people to check out the builds posted maybe against different weapons or armour etc if they don't have the items you listed maybe,or if they think what if i did that to this build or changed this in a particular build,would let them see the outcome,but if it bothers you i can simply get rid of it,no big deal
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
it wasn't meant to undermine your advice or take anything away from it,it was just something for people to check out the builds posted maybe against different weapons or armour etc if they don't have the items you listed maybe,or if they think what if i did that to this build or changed this in a particular build,would let them see the outcome,but if it bothers you i can simply get rid of it,no big deal
No, it doesn't bother me at all. It was a good post. I think you might have taken my response the wrong way. I probably would have posted a link to it myself st some point. It is an incredibly helpful and useful tool. I was just further clarifying the purpose of the thread, not being critical of you. Hopefully now we can get back to discussing or posting builds, which is my only intent for this thread.

Last edited by ghostx30; 08-03-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
stefb42

stefb42's Gamercard

Is cool i get what you were after,i haven't played in a while,i will probably post the builds when i play again,probably when the dlc releases

your build,did you build your strength up so you could wield the black knight sword?i too loved chaos and lightning weapons,i found though if i stuck with those elements i could pump more into vitality and endurance,that was the route i went with my 2nd build,just enough strength and dex to wield a katana and a great scythe (which i made lightning upon arriving at A.L),was then able to put vit and end up to 50 and 60,this allowed me in the end to be able to wear a full set of black iron armour+10(better than havels) and still be able to roll with the DWGR, like i say next time i load it up i'll post full stats and equipment
Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Is cool i get what you were after,i haven't played in a while,i will probably post the builds when i play again,probably when the dlc releases

your build,did you build your strength up so you could wield the black knight sword?i too loved chaos and lightning weapons,i found though if i stuck with those elements i could pump more into vitality and endurance,that was the route i went with my 2nd build,just enough strength and dex to wield a katana and a great scythe (which i made lightning upon arriving at A.L),was then able to put vit and end up to 50 and 60,this allowed me in the end to be able to wear a full set of black iron armour+10(better than havels) and still be able to roll with the DWGR, like i say next time i load it up i'll post full stats and equipment
Yeah, I pumped my strength for the Black Knight Sword. Even though the Chaos +5 with 10 humanity hit a little harder, there were instances where I preferred the BKS, so I wanted to make sure it had some punch. I have to say that I'm really impressed with the Claymores though, and because of that will explore some more Faith/INT orientated, builds in my future builds where I don't really need more than 16 STR.

Actually, I have a level 20 faith build that I just started who is already packing one hell of a punch with an Occult Bastard Sword +5, with his faith at only 20 right now. I can't imagine what I'll be getting out of it as my faith increases with the A scaling. Not to mention, really, really enjoying the lightening spears. It's nice to be taking a break from Pyromancy.

Anyway, look forward to you posting your builds. I enjoy creating my own, but I also love trying out other peoples builds and exploring the multitude of different ways to play this game.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
Mr Fiddler

Mr Fiddler's Gamercard
I've finally gotten some time to get back to the game and get the details to post here. I've only made one character which I've used to the end of NG++. Initially I probably levelled up a few stats without really thinking ahead properly (faith + resistance) and I bumped some stats to help with the achievements (for example intelligence to 15 so that I could learn all of the sorceries from Big Hat Logan).

Quite a few of my items are not fully upgraded as it didn't seem worth using up a slab for.

Soul Level: 100

Vitality: 28
Attunement: 12
Endurance: 30
Strength: 28
Dexterity: 40
Resistance: 16
Faith: 14
Humanity: 65

RH1: Murakumo +15
RH2: Fire Uchigatana +10 (or Lightning Uchigatana + 5)

LH1: Black Knight Shield +5 (or Crest Shield +5 for extra magic resistance or Eagle Shield +14 for extra lightning resistance)
LH2: Pyromancy Glove +5 (or possibly Oolacile Ivory Catalyst if I want something ranged like Great Soul Arrow). If I am helping as a summon I sometimes go for the Canvas Talisman so I can use the Heal miracle.

Armour:
Head: Dark Mask +5 (or Thief Mask +9 to lower my weight)
Body: Sage Robe +5
Hands: Dark Gauntlets +5 (or Black leather Gloves +9 to lower weight)
Legs: Blood-Stained Skirt +9

Rings:

Slot 1: Dark Wood Grain Ring
Slot 2: Ring of Favor and protection

Spells:
This varies really. Usually combinations of Great Fireball, Fire Orb, Great Magic Weapon and Great Soul Arrow. When helping as a summon I tend to have Great Magic Weapon and Heal.

Other weapons of interest:

Longbow +14 - Nice to have a strong ranged attacks for the bastard Silver Knight Archers in Anor Londo, the Pinwheel Servants in Tomb of the Giants, the Necromancers in The Catacombs and the Channellers in The Dukes Archives. Poison arrows would be the default choice all round for these enemies.

Silver Knight Spear +5 - I use this in The Catacombs against the skeletons as it counts as a divine weapon, has good range and allows you to block when attacking (the skeletons are quick and often in groups).

Last edited by Mr Fiddler; 08-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Mr Fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fiddler View Post
I've finally gotten some time to get back to the game and get the details to post here. I've only made one character which I've used to the end of NG++. Initially I probably levelled up a few stats without really thinking ahead properly (faith + resistance) and I bumped some stats to help with the achievements (for example intelligence to 15 so that I could learn all of the sorceries from Big Hat Logan).

Quite a few of my items are not fully upgraded as it didn't seem worth using up a slab for.

Soul Level: 100

Vitality: 28
Attunement: 12
Strength: 28
Dexterity: 40
Resistance: 16
Faith: 14
Humanity: 65

RH1: Murakumo +15
RH2: Fire Uchigatana +10 (or Lightning Uchigatana + 5)

LH1: Black Knight Shield +5 (or Crest Shield +5 for extra magic resistance or Eagle Shield +14 for extra lightning resistance)
LH2: Pyromancy Glove +5 (or possibly Oolacile Ivory Catalyst if I want something ranged like Great Soul Arrow). If I am helping as a summon I sometimes go for the Canvas Talisman so I can use the Heal miracle.

Armour:
Head: Dark Mask +5 (or Thief Mask +9 to lower my weight)
Body: Sage Robe +5
Hands: Dark Gauntlets +5 (or Black leather Gloves +9 to lower weight)
Legs: Blood-Stained Skirt +9

Rings:

Slot 1: Dark Wood Grain Ring
Slot 2: Ring of Favor and protection

Spells:
This varies really. Usually combinations of Great Fireball, Fire Orb, Great Magic Weapon and Great Soul Arrow. When helping as a summon I tend to have Great Magic Weapon and Heal.

Longbow +14 - Nice to have a strong ranged attacks for the bastard Silver Knight Archers in Anor Londo, the Pinwheel Servants in Tomb of the Giants, the Necromancers in The Catacombs and the Channellers in The Dukes Archives. Poison arrows would be the default choice all round for these enemies.

Silver Knight Spear +5 - I use this in The Catacombs against the skeletons as it counts as a divine weapon, has good range and allows you to block when attacking (the skeletons are quick and often in groups).
Nice build! And I didn't know that about the Silver Knight Spear. I've just always used a Divine Uchi +5, I'll have to give that a try on one of my next runs.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
Alfie Noakes

Alfie No4kes's Gamercard
Verrrry interesting regarding the Silver Knight spear. I've been sticking to my Divine Zweihander +5 and in groups on NG+ am finding it hard. Looks like I'm going to be looking for a bit more twinkling titanite.

Question: Do you find the Longbow +14 is better than the Black bow of Pharos for those damn Knights, or is it much the same? I seem to recollect the Longbow is slightly stronger, but Pharos' bow has more range?
Alfie Noakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
jshikari

jshikari's Gamercard
My second character (that I've used past the Undead Parish lol) and I'm going for the Knight's Honor and Prayer of a Maiden achievements. What better build to collect Miracles with than a Faith one? I'm trying to get my Faith up to 50 so I can use Sunlight Spear in NG+ (and so my miracles will be ridiculous). Once Faith is 50 I'm going to be putting more points into Vitality, Endurance, and maybe Strength. Grant could be fun to use, if slow.

My mixed armor, though kinda weird, is somewhat of an experiment. I've previously used the Black Iron Armor set +5 with Mask of the Father for an Equip Load boost, but I wanted to do something different. I wanted a little less weight but still a good amount of defense. Still not sure if I'm going to stick with what I got on now...

Starting Class: Cleric

Soul Level: 95

Vitality: 18
Attunement: 19
Strength: 32
Dexterity: 14
Resistance: 11
Intelligence: 8
Faith: 45
Humanity: 5-10

RH1: Divine Claymore +10
RH2: Darkmoon Talisman

LH1: Black Knight Shield...still need to upgrade this... (sometimes Crest Shield for the Magic Resistance)
LH2: Longbow +10 (for picking off or drawing enemies)

Armour:
Head: Black Iron Helm +5
Body: Paladin Armor +5
Hands: Catarina Gauntlets +5
Legs: Black Iron Leggings +5

Rings:

Slot 1: Havel's Ring (once I get my Faith up to 50, my levels are most likely going to go into Endurance until I don't need this to be under 50% weight. Or, I may just use the Mask of the Father. Haven't decided yet.)
Slot 2: Ring of the Sun's Firstborn (miracle boostage!)

Miracles:
Most often I keep on one or two Heals, Lightning Spear, and Great Lightning Spear. My last slot or two (I have 5 total) can be Wrath of the Gods, Great Magic Barrier, or Replenishment.

None, but I'm trying to find a better weapon to make Divine +10. The Claymore has D,D, and B bonus for STR, DEX, and Faith. Most of the weapons I've looked into changing to Divine the STR bonus goes down to D and Faith down to C or D.
jshikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Nice build. I'm currently working on a Faith build right now which I call my "Sun King" build, and I'm having an absolute blast with it. I absolutely love Lightening, and Great Lightening Spear. Once you get that faith up, you do some epic damage! I will be posting this build once I finish my run, or have my build established...whichever comes first.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:37 AM   #15
o0ArA0o

o0ArA0o's Gamercard
Ok, so here is my build. Brought me without much problems through NG++ (ok Smough+Ornstein was a bit ugly). Its a kind of fighting mage, lots of damage against all types of enemies with the right equipment and good defence.

Soul Level: 130
Vitality: 15
Attunement: 19
Endurance: 50
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 15
Resistance: 12
Intelligence: 76
Faith: 10
Humanity: 1-20

RH - Fire/Magical Winged Spear - Great damage without the need of scaling with skills and the ability to attack with my shield up. Perfect for my mage.

RH2 - Logans Catalyst - As soon as usable ... until then I used Sorcerers Catalyst.

LH - Grass Crest Shield - Most of the time because of Stamina Regeneration. Later in the game I often used Black Knight Shield.

LH2 - Pyromancy Glove +5 - Obviously as Pyromancer. But I changed my gear and slot often with the challenges I had to face. So the slots are not static.

Later in the game I changed my Spear against the Moonlight Greatsword +5. Massive damage because it scales with intelligence and has the same attack pattern as the Black Knight sword. In the catacombs I changed my fire spear against divine. In Lost Izalith I changed my spear again to lightning or Moonlight sword.

Armor:

Most of the time the Gold Hemmed set, but changed it later in the game against a custom armor set (when I had no use for the fire/poison protection)

Head: Mask of the Mother
Body: Eastern Armor + 5
Hands: Hard Leather Gauntlets +10
Legs: Elithe Knight Leggins +10

Great protection with minimal reduced movement. The Mask boosts also my poor Vitality by some points .

Rings:

Slot 1: Ring of Favor and Protection - Best ring in game I think

Slot 1: Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring - 20-25% more damage with my spells, perfect.

Spells:
Came down to the situation
Most of the time I used
Homing Chrystal Soulmass (Beast Magic ^^), Chrystal Soulspear and (Great) Combustion, Great Chaos Fireball
Mixed it up sometimes with the weaker Versions because of the amount of charges. For long sections without fire I used White Dragon Breath too.

It was fun to play this character. He has indeed a very low Vitality, but therefore he is a mage and does really high damage with his soul spears at range and when it comes toe to toe with his raised shield and stabs of the fire/lightning spear and the charged Homemass. Thanks to his high endurance he can stand fighting more than one enemy at a time with ease and thanks to combustion, close quarter fight is really fun - and short . For bigger enemies I switched sometimes to my Greatsword and slashed their shield away with the massive running attack. Didnīt expect that from a mage, huh? ^^
And if they did hit me - the armor was able to protect me from a few hits and thanks to high endurance, there was always room for a quick evade.

Last edited by o0ArA0o; 08-24-2012 at 05:48 AM.
o0ArA0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
So since the PTD DLC is around the corner and it's main focus to be a PvP heavy DLC, I figured it would be nice to share my favorite build.

Starting Class: Sorcerer

Soul Level: 120
Vitality: 37
Attunement: 23
Endurance: 12
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 45 (max cast speed)
Resistance: 8
Intelligence: 50
Faith: 8
Humanity: 10-99

RH - Iaito +15 - very effective weapon with a wide slashing attack that is great against players that are getting up from a backstab/riposte. Also good scale dmg with Dex at 45.

RH2 - +5 Enchanted Black Bow of Pharis + Moonlight arrows. Against players that try to heal themselves, great weapon against turtles since it does magic damage, and can go through shields.

LH - Logans Catalyst or Tin Crys. Catalyst. Logans catalyst for 1vs2 pvp and Tin Cryst. against 1 player to do as much damage as possible. Also, CW enchant on +15 Iaito gives at least 850+ damage, but only one use. Logan's catalyst gives about ~750 and you can enchant your weapon 2 more times afterwards. Thus useful in prolonged 1vs2 situations.

LH2 - Ascended Pyromancy Glove +5 - it is completely up to you on what spells to use. Mainly a Great Chaos Fireball for crowd control and to instill confusion for you to retreat and heal yourself. (especially usefull in narrow or bottleneck situations.

Back-up weapons: +5 Moonlight Greatsword, does good damage and is pure magic, so it's a great weapon against characters that turtle around in shields. Opens up the guard very fast and has the special projectile attack that has a huge knockback effect. Extremely useful in Tomb of Giants or any other fall hazard filled area. +5 Chaos Claymore, mainly for PvE, but it's also really effective when pulling off critical strikes like ripostes or backstabs.

Armor:

Emphasys is on high mobilty, so heavy tier armor is out of the question. You can however wear something heavier, but then you would need the Dark Wood Grain ring. Spare yourself the shame and join the club where people do not flip around like dumbasses in heavy armor. The PTD dlc will fix the DWG ring anyway, so expect players to become a lot less mobile, while you retain your mobility to the max.

Head: Crown of Dusk (Sorcery and Pyromancy 20% damage increase).
Body: Witch's Cloak + 5
Hands: Witch's Gloves +5 (remove and replace with Dingy wraps if you equip Moonlight. Grt.S/Claymore, if you want to retain 25% mobility).
Legs: Hollow Soldier Waistcloth +10

No movement penalty. High magic, curse, fire, bleed, lightning DEF, and ~300 physical DEF with 99 humanity. And looks sexy on a female character ;D

Rings:

Slot 1: Ring of Favor and Protection - A must, because otherwise you will lose your mobility.

Slot 2: Wolf Ring - added Poise is crucial. Totals to at least 47, so you're able to withstand Greatsword 1 handed blows, Regular/Thrusting/Slashing 2handed swords without getting stun-locked.

Spells:
White Dragon Breath
Great Chaos Fireball (or Fire Tempest with Great Combustion).
Crystal Soul Spear
Crystal Soulmass
Crystal Weapon Enchant

Extra info:

Extremely versatile build in any situation. High HP, Devastating spell and pyro damage and powerful and also very mobile melee build. Great build to sweep out forest gankers. I'm having no trouble fighting against enemies that are 100-200 levels higher than me. But that is completely up to the player's skill, and not the build itself. It took me a while to perfect this build, so sharing it is a big deal for me.

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 10-27-2012 at 11:20 PM.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #17
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Onion Battlemage build

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=175263781736077750

Check it out, though it is designed for the Arena, you could adapt it in the Ganker Burg or the Forest for some ganker destruction.

P.S. - If you're not the Arena fighting type, then ditch the Faith stats and level your Inteligence more for increased magic damage.

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 01-26-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Ha! I totally forgot that I started this thread. I really like that Sorcerer build. I'll have to give that a try for something different the next time do a magic build.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #19
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Snickering Dark Mage

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=338229150757570538

Another one of my creations. Good build for arena combat/forest invasions.

Chaos Blade Pyromancer

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=165779533780978737

A great build. High Def, High Vit/Dex and in the 125 level range.

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 01-28-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #20
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Snickering Dark Mage? Nice. Well, looks like ol' Chester has a date with destiny. I still just don't have the heart to kill Gough
Old 01-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #21
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

For all you hot looking female characters lovers out there

Balder Sword Maiden

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=420764471468877269

Great build for PvP in the Arena and via the Blue Eye orb, since this is a Darkmoon Blade build ;D

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 01-30-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:05 AM   #22
sleepymexican45

sleepymexican45's Gamercard
1st playthrough Knight called Morpheus... https://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=472681465857388984

looking forward to NG+!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #23
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
This is my first build with Dark Souls. I borrowed a slight bit from a certain PvP build, I believe, and adjusted it accordingly for various PvE situations. It's a 'jack of all trades, master of none' kind of build.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=251016937196882092

Since the stats are relatively low and spread out, damage output is minimal. However, they are as they are to allow me to wield a wide array of weapons which I make plenty use of. In particular, this lets me wield any of the Artorias greatswords with ease, and with satisfying results. Granted, I miss out on using the more powerful sorceries and miracles, but the pyromancy helps make up for it. And the most I miss out on even two-handing is Smough's hammer - no big loss.

Given the nature of the build as well, it seems to benefit the most from dual-damage weapons (physical/ magical), so weapons like the Greatsword of Artorias and the Crescent Axe see much use. Divine/Occult or Magic/Enchanted as well (Still deciding on which type of each works best). Pure physical depends on the weapon.

EDIT: After further testing, this benefit only seems to arise from using unique weapons such as the Greatsword of Artorias, Crescent Axe, Velka's Rapier, Titanite Catch Pole, and so on. Scaling on these unique weapons seems to work better than on regular weapons on the Divine/Occult or Magic/Enchanted paths. Thus, spending beyond titanite chunks does not prove worthwhile for this build.

All in all, this build helped me through NG+ specifically, with plenty of weapon swapping. And, despite the adjustments, it still stands fairly well in a bout of PvP.

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

Last edited by stuhp; 02-10-2013 at 05:09 AM.
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #24
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=288552777339875291

Pure Str build.

125 lvl, high hp, Great Club as main weapon and HIGH MOBILITY!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Nice to see this thread has picked up. Everyone has some great builds. I'll be having some new stuff to add in the future, as well. Including, my "Sun King" build.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #26
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

This build is NOT to be taken seriously.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls?c=299326627462675229

BONEWHEEL PYROMANCER!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #27
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
This build is NOT to be taken seriously.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls?c=299326627462675229

BONEWHEEL PYROMANCER!
Oh God I just saw vids of this somewhere. There's a Thorns set with two bonewheels. Looked hilarious

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #28
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhp View Post
Oh God I just saw vids of this somewhere. There's a Thorns set with two bonewheels. Looked hilarious
Was it this video?

Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
No it was raw footage of some darkwraith(?) in the Darkroot Gardens. I'll have to look later.

Neat vid, though.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #30
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Ancient Dragon Warrior

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=225573743500280059

Build is for more advanced players, since playing in Dragon Form requires some form of skill (if you're not cheapstabbing while doing the Dragon Roar + WoG) Low bleed resistance, so if you get cornered by bleed weapons, equip the bloodbite ring (400% Bleed resistance). 40 poise with the Wolf ring, +10 Fire Zwei for stunlocking and burning the shit out of everything. +5 Chaos Zwei would work better if you tend to have at least ~10 Humanity all the time.

Tested this build out in the forest yesterday and it is amazing. Though since there is no level restriction via the Cat Eye Ring or the Blue eye Orb (if you're interested in the Darkmoon Invasions) I would recommend pumping more points into Vit and Resistance. Why Resistance? No one uses it, but for Dragon form players that stat helps immensely.

Also keep in mind that you have 8 magic slots and powerful fire spells. Dragon Stone roar + Black Flame can do A LOT of damage, and it has a 60 poise threshold breaker, blows away even Greatshields.

I wouldn't recommend being too offensive with this build, since you're pretty fragile in the Dragon Form (especially against magic). Bait the enemies into your pyromancy attacks and try to lure them into your Zweihander range. Utilize the quick roll and stay out of harms way.

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 02-01-2013 at 02:11 PM.