PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
HellCatNZ

ShadowCatNZ's Gamercard
I'm not finding this great

I just borrowed this from my friend and well i feel like this is politeness's creed. You really have to watch where you walk, you can't run, everyone watches your every move. Its looked good but now its seems painful to play through. I'm only on the first informant mission and i want to just stop cos i can't just run around stabbing at will. And the combat for me is painful it just doesn't seem fluid and easy to use i get wasted in fights a lot. Any suggestions about making this easier or how to fight better?
Finished:Fable2,The Force unleashed,CSI,Lego Indy,Lego Batman,UNO,Wallace and Gromit #1,Terminator Salvation,Dash of Destruction,Assassin's Creed,Sonic3,S&K,Assassin's Creed 2,Lego Star Wars complete saga,MW2,Halo3,Wolverine,Lego Indy 2,ODST, Tron,MassEffect,AC3
HellCatNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
boun7y

mritual's Gamercard
well if you kill someone and a guard see's you, its simple he will sound the alarm. and when you start the game, you will be stripped of you'r ranks and weapons, but with every assasination you complete Al Mualim will give you a rank/weapon back.

btw as soon as you get you'r combo kill, and counter kill moves back you will have no problem with fighting anybody. it get's alot easier.

last note: this is kinda of stealth game, so its also normal that u can't go on a killingspree in the city and think you can get away with it. If you do get chased down by guards try to find higher ground, its easier to lose them on the roofs and since you'r faster with climbing and jumping buildings you will outrun them.
boun7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
simmias

simmias42's Gamercard
I always run around stabbing at will. Once you get your hidden blade back and learn how to attack with it this game becomes pretty fun. It's like what Tenchu would have been if it had been made years later.
simmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
HellCatNZ

ShadowCatNZ's Gamercard
The combat is quite hard i just can't get the hang of it
Finished:Fable2,The Force unleashed,CSI,Lego Indy,Lego Batman,UNO,Wallace and Gromit #1,Terminator Salvation,Dash of Destruction,Assassin's Creed,Sonic3,S&K,Assassin's Creed 2,Lego Star Wars complete saga,MW2,Halo3,Wolverine,Lego Indy 2,ODST, Tron,MassEffect,AC3

Last edited by HellCatNZ; 05-19-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Jabbawocky

Jabbawocky2004's Gamercard
I agree with the fact that you alway have to move slowly to get where you want to go, going at a snail's pace through Kingdom isn't my odea of fun but at leat it can be skipped later on.

Combat get extremely easy once the counter attack is learned since you just need to time button presses right which isn't that hard.

If anything my major complain was that it became too repeitive between assasinations.

Jabbawocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
simmias

simmias42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellCatNZ View Post
The cobat is quite hard i just can't get the hang of it
Check out some of the youtube vids by ianxofour and stabguy36. They'll give you some ideas on how to make fighting much easier. All I ever do is grab/knock down guards, run over to them while they're on the ground, and kill with the hidden blade. You can continue forever doing that. Plus, guards eventually get scared of you and cower, and you don't even need to put them on the ground any more.

Trust me, it gets fun once you get the hidden blade back - and you're pretty close to there.
simmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
Doctor Cortex

Doctor Cortex's Gamercard
Just do what i did. Run around like a lunatic and pick fights with gangs of enemies. Makes the game much more interesting. Also running up on unsuspecting enemies with the hidden blade and attacking results in some brilliant action attacks.

I've ruined the lives of so many... I can't be expected to remember all of them.
Doctor Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Once this game picks up momentum you will start loving it. Trust me.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
ViRaLuNdEaD

viralundead's Gamercard
Quote:
The cobat is quite hard i just can't get the hang of it
And always remember, counter attacking is your friend. You can really load up on kills by just counter attacking. If you can't get the hang of it, go practice in the practice ring.

ViRaLuNdEaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
Boosta

booster008's Gamercard
The game is worth it for the ending alone. I just finished the story line and have gotten all of the storyline achievements 100%, all I have left do is Templars and Flags.

Last week, I didn't even want to finish this game because it was so repetitive, but now I wish it wasn't over just yet...

Boosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
bolllopoxed
Banned User

The most annoying thing about this game is that you only have to run into a guard and then there is 4 or 5 chasing you. It just gets repetetive having to kill the fuc#ers everytime. Also when I was doing an Eavesdrop mission there was a couple of these "loonies" who just keep pushing you and they eventually pushed me into a guard and before I know it the Eavesdrop mission is failed and I'm being chased by about 200 guards. I actually find the game fairly easy, the counter attack is definetly the way to kill loads of guards but it just gets too repetetive and thats the reason I won't be going back to collect all the goddamn flags!
bolllopoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Well, it's common sense you can't just run killing at your own free will. You will get used to it after you play it a while. I enjoy this game, if you don't like, simply don't play it, we all have our own opinions.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #13
Mr Burgerz

Mr Burgerz's Gamercard
TBH the cool thing about this game is that if you play is long enough, ie. all the way through, maybe doing a few achievements, is that it will become second nature, and you'll be a badass in no-time. By the time this happens you can either fight entire crowds of guards easily, or evade them over rooftops in a second!
1000 (18): Mass Effect (+50), Mercenaries 2, Bioshock(+100), Assassin's Creed, Civilisation Revolution, Fable II (+350), Oblivion (+250), Soul Caliber IV, Hitman: Blood Money, Lego Indiana Jones, Fallout 3 (+250), Fuzion Frenzy 2, Prince of Persia (+250), R6V2, YITM, PotC:AWE, Dragon Age: Origins (+50), Wet, Dead Space.
200 (7):
Fable II Pub Games, Puzzle Quest (+50), Dash of Destruction, Hardwood Backgammon, Wik: Fable of Souls, Uno, Shadow Complex.

Last edited by Mr Burgerz; 05-19-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: typo
Mr Burgerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
HellCatNZ

ShadowCatNZ's Gamercard
Oh okay sweet yeah i just need to get the hang of counter attacks, i'm just not a blocking type of guy. Also i can't get past the first informer mission in jerusalum
Old 05-20-2009, 06:37 AM   #15
syntax419

Rev Speezo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I hated this game when I first played it. I played it for about an hour and then put it on the shelf. I was expecting more platforming like Prince of Persia, climbing rooftops and whatever. Also expected a deeper combat system, instead I get a game where I mash the x button. That was way back when it first came out.

Just a couple days ago I finally decided to give it a second chance, and I must say it is a lot better after you get a little further in. Still not all that great, but the storyline has my attention enough to get over that loathing and disappointment I used to have for this game.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #16
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Quote:
Oh okay sweet yeah i just need to get the hang of counter attacks, i'm just not a blocking type of guy. Also i can't get past the first informer mission in jerusalum
If you're not a blocking type of guy, then try going on the offensive and if you see a guard coming at you then hit the counter kill (can't quite remember what button you have to hold to allow you to hit X to combo). You'll want to stop doing this if you get down below 3 or 4 bars left on the sync bar so that you don't get killed if you miss a combo, but once you get the hang of it and use it the way it was meant to be used (that is to counter while fighting rather than just holding block and waiting for them to attack) it makes for much more exciting and faster fighting.

Another thing that will make this easier as you go along is doing all the View Points/Save Citizens and assassinations as this will increase your syncronization, giving you more health and making it harder for the guards to kill you. I personally recommend the short sword for fighting groups of guards since it's much quicker than the long sword and the counter kills are cooler (in my opinion at least). Plus there is the added bonus of being able to switch to a target a little further from you and taking him out quickly with your throwing knives. Good luck
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #17
Rooster425

Rooster425's Gamercard
Quote:
i can't just run around stabbing at will
Then go play a game where you run around at will. This game is supposed to be stealth-based, showing how an assassin should move and act, rather than just telling you to kill someone and everyone in between you and them. I could understand bad game design, but if you didn't know going in that a game called Assassin's Creed would have you acting just kind of like an assassin, then it's your own fault.
Most proud: Double Dragon
Rooster425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #18
HellCatNZ

ShadowCatNZ's Gamercard
Thankyou very much though i don't know when i knives but anyway
Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #19
n1ck3sixty

n1ck3sixty's Gamercard
dont pay out a game you havnt even completed yet.
n1ck3sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #20
HellCatNZ

ShadowCatNZ's Gamercard
sorry it was just first impressions and now i've finished it and found it great
Old 06-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #21
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Sure it was very linear, but it was still good. I just spent a few hours today killing any NPC I saw in Acre. I still love it.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #22
Nirumano

Nirumano's Gamercard
The combat isn't hard at all imo.. What is frustrating though, is when you have to stealth assassinate 5 ppl in middle acre in 4 minutes. With annoying beggars and crazy people basicly fucking you over all the time..
Nirumano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #23
jason86586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirumano View Post
The combat isn't hard at all imo.. What is frustrating though, is when you have to stealth assassinate 5 ppl in middle acre in 4 minutes. With annoying beggars and crazy people basicly fucking you over all the time..
its not that hard. Just use the roofs and throwing knifes and you can avoid all the people on the ground. Thats how a real assassin does it
jason86586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #24
Spartan EXR

Spartan EXR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
When you learn to counter, everything is gonna be okay ;P

It's annoying though, how you can barely ride a horse without having 5 guards running after you...

Spartan EXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #25
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

I just this started this and I didn't like the fighting, now that I have the counter it's better, like any other game still getting used it.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #26
s a m m y g8425

s a m m y g8425's Gamercard
Informer missions are the most painful of them all. Repetition gets them eventually, but you can always skip. Stealth assassinations need to be the X button in low profile, rather than high. Eagle vision helps spot whether there are guards nearby (red) as opposed to your target (gold). Flags are just practice.
s a m m y g8425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #27
JakeDixonnn

BookablePear's Gamercard
if anyone wants any advice give me a shout, im playing back through the game at the moment

JD

JakeDixonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #28
Fragarach Luin

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I played Assassin's Creed 2 and 3 before I started this game, and I'm personally finding it much more to my taste. I like that there's actually stealth in this game, like you'd expect in a game about assassination, and unlike the sequels, where you wear a white hooded outfit that sticks out for a mile simply because it looked so cool in the first game. I won't say that your complaints are wrong. But instead of this being a "bad" game because of them, consider that it's simply not the game for you. I think that it plays very well, if you play it the way it's meant to be played. And if you prefer an action game more, then get back to playing the sequels, where you play an untouchable god who kills everything with nothing but repeated hammering of the "X" button. You might also try the Fable series. In those games, you can't even die.