PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
shockerizgod

Send a message via AIM to shockerizgod Send a message via MSN to shockerizgod Send a message via Skype™ to shockerizgod

EnVy Trilogy's Gamercard
Worth getting?

Well i was looking for a decent game to finish the summer with. was looking for a fun factor and something to get my gamer score up, now how easy with it be to get near 1000 in this? ive played zombie games before so not sure how this is to Resident evil or left 4 dead.

GT envy trilogy
Twitter & Instagram ChrisTrilogy
http://www.twitch.tv/christrilogy
shockerizgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Considering I'm not a zombie game fan, I liked this game but I got bored and sold it. But that's me.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Filled with glitches and small annoyances throughout the whole game, I would avoid it if I was you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockerizgod View Post
Well i was looking for a decent game to finish the summer with. was looking for a fun factor and something to get my gamer score up, now how easy with it be to get near 1000 in this? ive played zombie games before so not sure how this is to Resident evil or left 4 dead.
The game isn't that bad. The GOTY edition is like 19.99 now at GameStop and it is a very easy 1250.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
shockerizgod

Send a message via AIM to shockerizgod Send a message via MSN to shockerizgod Send a message via Skype™ to shockerizgod

EnVy Trilogy's Gamercard
well how easy? prob play a couple hours a day or something.

GT envy trilogy
Twitter & Instagram ChrisTrilogy
http://www.twitch.tv/christrilogy
shockerizgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockerizgod View Post
well how easy? prob play a couple hours a day or something.
Its easy, I didn't say short. I think about 50 hours would do it
Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I didn't like it, even with Co-op, it felt slow at first and it's just full of glitches and bugs it's ridiculous. Just hitting zombies with melee weapons until a single gun appears then when we believe ammo was scarce we found it everywhere.

I mean seriously, a beach ball killed me.

The 'GOTY Title' is self-proclaimed, another way to spell 'Complete Edition'.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/suqc...Collection.jpg
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
If you're planning on playing it co op I would definitely recommend it. If you're planning on going through it solo, I'd only recommend it if you are a zombie fan.

The game certainly has it's flaws, but I still found it to be quite enjoyable. Especially if you have a few friends to play it with. I'm a zombie fanatic though.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
I love zombie games, as do most of my friends, so we picked this game up day one. Big mistake. I kept it long enough to get the full 1250G and quickly sold it. It becomes... tolerable... if you're playing with friends but it is still irritating and very buggy. (Especially in the jungle.) If you want a fun and cheap zombie game, I'd check out something like Dead Rising instead.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
it can be fun in short burst, but i found it gets repetitive if you play for too long.

also much more fun with friends tho, if you can drag them away from more recent releases that is.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
Crepsik

Awesome Ders's Gamercard
I think most people calling it glitchy played a pre-patch version. I played the 1.3.0 GOTY edition from start to finish with no bugs/glitches at all. I would say its been fixed n patched properly
Crepsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #13
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
One of my fav games ever.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #14
lefman

GREG XX JORDAN's Gamercard
I agree with the above poster--no game is perfect but I absolutely loved, loved this game AND I'm not a huge zombie fan.. Awesome
lefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #15
pickel668

Gerkinstein's Gamercard
This is n awesome game for anyone that likes to run around a chop up zombies
. Hack and slash . The side quest add to the fun.
pickel668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 AM   #16
matthewstevens03

xqrst2's Gamercard
I thought this game was really fun, and I'm looking forward to Dead Island Riptide.

matthewstevens03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #17
The Zen Ninja

Son ALA's Gamercard
it's a cool game.

I also saw that the GoTY version will be 7.99 at best buy on black friday...so if you're hesitant to buy the game, that price should make it a no brainer.

Last edited by The Zen Ninja; 11-08-2012 at 02:48 PM.
The Zen Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
MacAarburger

MacAarburger's Gamercard
the game hasn't been fixed completely. especially the european versions seem to be extra buggy. they even brought a special fix just for the italian version.

i (playing CH version on english) still get crashes every time i try to play the hotel indoor sequence in coop.

every, single, time!

i always have to wait until the others have completed this part to rejoin someone's game.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #19
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
I am getting close to completing this game and I am having a lot of fun. It is a lot better to play with friends but you can play with strangers or on your own if you choose.

I have encountered a few annoying glitches but nothing game breaking or anything. There was a mission in the beggining where my game would freeze and it happened a couple times but other than that it has been playing fairly smooth.

It is a unique game but is somewhat similar to borderlands with the quests/exploration and left 4 dead with the zombie killing. I highly recommend it!
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #20
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRUNO99 View Post
... The 'GOTY Title' is self-proclaimed, another way to spell 'Complete Edition'.
^This. There's no need to ask when a game goes "Game of The Year Edition" or Platinum Hits.

OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
The game isn't that bad. The GOTY edition is like 19.99 now at GameStop and it is a very easy 1250.
I've been wanting to get this but saw your post for the GOTY edition for only 20$? I wonder if it's still that price, if so I should pick it up.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #22
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
I've been wanting to get this but saw your post for the GOTY edition for only 20$? I wonder if it's still that price, if so I should pick it up.
Looks like its back up to $30 at GameStop. Probably will be back on sale at some point. I saw it for 9.99 somewhere during BF-CM.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:57 AM   #23
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
Oh boy I've been waiting to reply to this! Ok so first off I wanna say this game is worth buying but it's certainly not worth anything above 30 doallars and there are alot of glitches and the zombies during act 2 are a pain the ass, but this game is fun which is what counts and the achievements are pretty damn easy, also I would HIGHLY recommend playing this game Co-op for this game is one of those games where if it wasn't co-op it would bite the dust pretty quickly but co-op is what makes the game fun so yeah get someone to play it with you or I'll play it with you my g-tag is Mr Cogfather (Sorry about the name it's a mix between my favorite movie and video game, it just turned out differently) and thanks for reading this life long story I hope this gives you a good hope for this game!
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #24
Wolverine674

Wolverine674's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
Looks like its back up to $30 at GameStop. Probably will be back on sale at some point. I saw it for 9.99 somewhere during BF-CM.
It was $8 at Best Buy and maybe somewhere else for the GOTY. That was the only reason I picked it up.
Wolverine674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #25
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Filled with glitches and small annoyances throughout the whole game, I would avoid it if I was you.
I should of listened to this when I first read it awhile ago.

I picked this up last week used and was really enjoying it until I realize I was in co-op for some reason and someone randomly joined my game. I clearly clicked new game and figured it was single player at first, maybe I missed a setting but I remember clicking new game and it starting a new game.

After starting the actual single player I found out there is only a auto save and no save option.. that completely ruined it for me. I read somewhere that when you pause it and back out it saves it but it sure didn't. Having a weapon break after hardly using it made no sense to me at all either.

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 01-10-2013 at 02:23 AM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
Dannyb01y

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
I should of listened to this when I first read it awhile ago.

I picked this up last week used and was really enjoying it until I realize I was in co-op for some reason and someone randomly joined my game. I clearly clicked new game and figured it was single player at first, maybe I missed a setting but I remember clicking new game and it starting a new game.

After starting the actual single player I found out there is only a auto save and no save option.. that completely ruined it for me. I read somewhere that when you pause it and back out it saves it but it sure didn't. Having a weapon break after hardly using it made no sense to me at all either.
I've played through this game since xmas and completely disagree with this opinion.

Firstly all you have to do is set your game to private slots only and hey presto no invaders!

Secondly you start off weak and build up strong where weapons break less. Would be boring to start out super human!

The auto save worked fine for me!

I spent 10 on the goty edition new and it was 60 hours of mostly great gaming!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #27
TuM Predator

Send a message via MSN to TuM Predator

TuM Predator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
i didn't think i would actually enjoy this game at 1st. but when i started playing it with friends it got really fun, as for all the people saying its very glitchy and buggy, i never ran into 1 single glitch or bug in 2 whole playthroughs

!Join The Fight!
Signature By Xerofox
TuM Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
STR8 MERKED

STR8 MERKED's Gamercard
I'm enjoying the game so far.
STR8 MERKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm pretty sick of all the zombie stuff out there, but with the MS sale lately, couldn't resist biting at it for $10.

Mixed bag for me so far-- definitely worth $10, but I would have been a bit disappointed if I paid the full price when it came out. Positives for me are the loot and graphics. Negatives are not being able to block (making "Can't touch this" a massive pain, have pretty much given up on it after getting to 10 or so multiple times and one of them getting a quick cheap shot in), zombies leveling with you, and just an overall sloppy feel to a lot of stuff. The voice acting and dialogue especially on the last part. Also, the weapons become damaged far too quickly, IMO.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #30
enoughbeck96

enoughbeck96's Gamercard
I really liked this game, iv never really been any good with zombie games, like resident evil, but i liked this alot seemed easy to me.

enoughbeck96 is offline   Reply With Quote