Best and Worst part about skyrim.

i think the worst part about skyrim, is the loading screen. when nothing appears like the smoke or an object, i die a little inside every time about whether or not its going to load or just freeze.

the best part is the bunny slaughter... who dosent like putting way to much effort into hunting down those fierce creatures, for the ruthless kill.

Best: The huge amount of world there is to explore. The Quest where you ride on a certain "Creature", Killing Rabbits from afar with the hope to kill them with the bow :p.

Worst: The huge amount of bugs, the fact there are quests you cannot complete, game breaking bugs which shouldn't be there.

EDIT:I wouldn't say the loading screen is a major problem if you ever played Fallout/Oblivion you'll know that it's just part of the huge game, but I guess if you're used to games which don't have such a long loading screen I can see how it'd be annoying.

i think the worst part about skyrim, is the loading screen. when nothing appears like the smoke or an object, i die a little inside every time about whether or not its going to load or just freeze.

the best part is the bunny slaughter... who dosent like putting way to much effort into hunting down those fierce creatures, for the ruthless kill.

you should play the game a bit more if you think those are the best and worst parts :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree with OP on the loading screen with just smoked 95% of the time it does that when it freezes even I would die a little in side thinking crap its gonna freeze.

I still don't know why everyone is complaining about the glitches in the game previous/present. I still only remember coming across one or two.

The Best~ For me is the amount of freedom you have, it has so much replay value, the fact that places don't stay empty after you clear them and... Dragons!

The Worst~ I guess would have to be Dawnguard, I felt we didn't get our 20$ worth and this building your houses add-on should of been included with Dawnguard!

Best: Dungeon design and flow. I love how the dungeons are not jsut cookie cutter dungeons and are, for the most part, very unique within the game.

Worst: This is something that I will never forgive Bethesda for. The removal of several systems from past ES games, namely the entire class/attribute/birthsign system and the custom spell system. I honestly think that they made Skyrim way too casual, as compared to both Oblivion and Morrowwind. Both of the older titles would punish you if you didn't level somewhat effectively, and the values for your attributes and your birthsign (the latter of which you could never change on a character) really played a part throughout the game. In Skyrim, on the other hand, I have the game set to "Master" difficulty, and it is still much easier for me than the other two games. I also do not like the removal of custom spells, as that was always one of my favorite things to trial and error with until I had very good, cost efficient spells for any situation. I also do not like how few spells and spell types there are in Skyrim, as opposed to the two older titles. Spells like levitate, mark and recall, feather, elemental shield, water walking, reflection (both spell and physical), elemental weakness, many more summons spells. Finally, I think that Skyrim has very little in way of creature diversity. I can understand the very few instances of Daedra, but where are things like minotaurs, dreughs, liches, goblins, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing Skyrim and play it very frequently, but these are a few things that drive me up the wall about this game.

Edited by ICT Venom

Worst: I honestly think that they made Skyrim way too casual, as compared to both Oblivion and Morrowwind. Both of the older titles would punish you if you didn't level somewhat effectively, and the values for your attributes and your birthsign (the latter of which you could never change on a character) really played a part throughout the game. In Skyrim, on the other hand, I have the game set to "Master" difficulty, and it is still much easier for me than the other two games. I also do not like the removal of custom spells, as that was always one of my favorite things to trial and error with until I had very good, cost efficient spells for any situation. I also do not like how few spells and spell types there are in Skyrim, as opposed to the two older titles. Spells like levitate, mark and recall, feather, elemental shield, water walking, reflection (both spell and physical), elemental weakness, many more summons spells. Finally, I think that Skyrim has very little in way of creature diversity. I can understand the very few instances of Daedra, but where are things like minotaurs, dreughs, liches,.

^^^^^ THIS. I just had these exact thoughts today when I started playing skyrim for hearthfire. How easy it was!! They cattered way too much for the casual players, and there aren't enough hardcore/deep elements. Bethesda made a beautiful game, but not enough creatures ( I wish that monster mod was appliable to xbox 360).

Best: open world, lots of quests

The loading screens didn't bother me at first, then the "One with the shadows" achievement started to bother me.

Travel to Riften,

go inside thieves guild

enter another door

get job

go out through said door

exit thieves guild

travel to desired job location

sneak inside their home to do said job

leave house/store

travel back to riften

enter thieves guild

enter door

talk vex or delvin

quest complete.

Repeat x20

So that did it for me, but other than the loading screens, the insane amount of dragons that chase after you after you've collected all of the shouts. Seems like every time I fast travel, 40% of the time, a dragon appears.

Best: How alive skyrim feels.

I think the fact of how big the game is sometimes puts people off they see the first fivee minutes of the game and assume its goin to be 1000 hours of the same thing on the opposite side the size of the game is what draws people obviously not the main factor but still.

Best: huge open world, lots of places to go and well populated with NPC's.

Worst: Not much in the way of racial diversty. Everywhere I go, bloody Nords! The is so few Khajiit and Argonians. The landscape I can just about forgive for being snow and more snow and a little bit bland. The main quest didn't feel epic like in Oblivion either.

Dawnguard and Hearthfire dlc. Just so, well, boring really. Not enjoyed either at all. Hope that the next one is gonna be a good purchase.

Lack of custom spells.

Lack of character creativity. Such as birthsign etc.

Lack of spells in general. No more Mysticism, why?

There are loads more I'm sure, but after being so pumped for its release and annoying the shit out of my missus about it, I just feel like it was an anti climax after I'd done the vast majority of what was on offer in the game. Not neccesarily a bad game by any means, just not quite up to what Oblivion (my first ever RPG) was for me. Never played Morrowind, but heard loads of good stuff about it.

Best: Always something new to do and more to see.

Worst: Absolutely no depth whatsoever. It doesn't feel like I'm playing an Elder Scrolls game all the time. There's not much lore to keep me wrapped up in the stories, and I absolutely cannot stand the dumb civil war questline. I get that there's a place for it, but the fact that I'm dropped into the middle of it, rather than at the center of it (like I was from the very start in Oblivion) was very disappointing. Even the "battles" during the questline were very weak. They consisted of me and a handful of soldiers clearing another dungeon or fort, something that I already had to do 100 times before, without any real twists.

Best Bits:

The shear amount of stuff to do.

Return of Werewolves

Worst Bits:

The lack of actual RPG,

Most of the quests are go here, clear here then return.

How shallow the combat system is

Shallow story, Just isn't engaging at all.

Navigating the mountains

In all great game but highly over rated IMO, and isnt actually an RPG, and is actually an action adventure.

Best: The improvement made to the leveling system. Was not fond of the jump 400 times to level Athletics in Oblivion.

Worst: Lack of loot. I quit opening any chests late in the game since there wasn't anything but potions (which I already had more than I could use in a year of Sundays), gems (had more than enough money), or a crappy useless weapon/armor (since all the best stuff was a quest reward or made as a smith).

Best: The world itself. Skyrim is one of the best games for simply getting lost in, and even just to try and live in. Even after finishing almost everything the game has to offer, you can still just have hours of fun exploring the world and just seeing what new stuff there is still to find.

Worst: Trying to level up after you maxed out all the skills you actually WANT to use. It sounded so good on paper, but when you play it and realize that the Rouge Wood Elf you've just spent hours getting Archery, Light Armor, Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, Speech and Alchemy all to 100 on now needs to start wearing Heavy Armor, and using One and Two Handed weapons in order to level up almost makes it feel like a complete waste.

Worst: I wanted to marry Kharjo and get my damn furry on but the game wouldn't let me! Argh -.- lol..

Best: The armor cap, I love the way Imperial armor looks, and as long as you reach the armor cap you can wear any upgraded armor in the game and it is just as good as Daedric and Dragon.

The best part is of course Bethesda creating another game world that you can stink tons of time into. You really get your money's worth when playing a Bethesda RPG.

The worst will always be the glitches. This unfortunately is another thing Bethesda is famous for. Glitched quests, items, freezes, occasionally falling through the map. It just ruins the experience for me, especially when an important quest glitches on me and i can't progress any farther in it.

Other things I could bitch about are how the game is way too easy compared to previous ones in the series. Or how the weapons pretty much suck besides the Daedric ones. Or the DLCs being mediocre so far. But the glitches far out-weigh these simple annoyances for me.

Other things I could bitch about are how the game is way too easy compared to previous ones in the series. Or how the weapons pretty much suck besides the Daedric ones. Or the DLCs being mediocre so far. But the glitches far out-weigh these simple annoyances for me.

The weapons sucking aside from Daedric isn't true. Granted they do the most damage yes, but in comparison to the damage required my fully upgraded Imperial sword does an over abundance of damage to all enemies in the game.

Aslong as you upgrade your gear with the full 29% smithing and enchanting gear while using 150% potions your armor and weapons reach the hard caps with little issue.

The weapons sucking aside from Daedric isn't true. Granted they do the most damage yes, but in comparison to the damage required my fully upgraded Imperial sword does an over abundance of damage to all enemies in the game.

Aslong as you upgrade your gear with the full 29% smithing and enchanting gear while using 150% potions your armor and weapons reach the hard caps with little issue.

I'm not talking about weapons you make. I'm talking about the ones you find while exploring. Besides unique Daedric weapons, and Auriel's Bow from Dawnguard, all the other weapons you find are boring and not even close to the weapons you can create yourself.