PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #31
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Best: Everything.

Worst: The fact that I've spent over 500 hours of my life playing it.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #32
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Good: the huge open world, the endless details and the incredibly good time-killer: hunting deer with bow and arrow from afar. Great graphics, good quests (I think some of them could be a little better, many of the quest-lines share the same formula; "prove yourself - climb the ladder to a high rank incredibly fast - someone inside or outside betrays the highest ranking guy and he dies - you take his place after the last quest and become the leader of the section"). I've spent a lot of time playing this game, like the guy above me I've spend 400-500+ hours easily on that game.

Bad: the endless bugs and glitches, some of them game-breaking and not fixable once you reach a certain point. For example, I killed "Durnheviir" for a second time before he taught me the shout (I'm an archer so killed him from afar) that grants you an achievement... Apparently, the never-dying dragon that always respawns doesn't respawn once you kill him for a second time -.- Also, misc objectives that don't disappear after I've completed them(like visit the bard's college) annoy me a lot, being the completionist I am...
The loading times suck as well, the smallest building you enter there is an insane load time...
The lack of consequences... I am head-lord-master-leader of everything in the game, Assassins, Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves, Stormcloaks, Vampires.. I've saved the world from Alduin, I am the chosen one, the Dragonborn from the legends, but once I kill a chicken inside a small town or big city, guards will pile me like I just burned down the whole city/town...
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #33
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pandamic View Post
Best: How alive skyrim feels.
I think they could have done better with that. There doesn't seem to be as many random conversations between people that I saw in Oblivion. Sometimes I'll catch folks talking, like guys interacting with the beggars or something, but it just doesn't seem as common. Plus, it bugs me how my spouse loses so much conversation when we get married. Or, some of them do, anyway. Can't seem to get an answer on if that's changeable or not.

MewMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #34
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
I have actually been thinking about this a lot lately, since I JUST started playing Oblivion again (after finally getting my "Legend" achievement in Skyrim).

Best: The graphics are unlike any game I have ever played before. Also, THANK GOD they revamped the leveling system for Skyrim. I have been Level 3 in my new game of Oblivion for like 4 days now, with a chart on the table right next to me so I can jot down every time I level up a skill; and then every so often look at my chart to see which skills I need to level up in order to max my attributes efficiently. What a freakin' pain in the ass; it makes it hard to even enjoy the game that way.

Worst: I won't even mention the glitches, as I think everyone else has beat that dead horse well enough. My main gripe with the gameplay of Skyrim is that I like to play as a Mage character, and I felt like Skyrim was really lacking in the magic department. Very few spells in the game (compared to Oblivion anyway), and NO SPELLMAKING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMew View Post
There doesn't seem to be as many random conversations between people that I saw in Oblivion. Sometimes I'll catch folks talking, like guys interacting with the beggars or something, but it just doesn't seem as common.
This too. Now that I'm back in Cyrodiil, I notice NPCs having random conversations all the time as I'm strolling through the towns. They'll even stand around and talk to each other in shops, Inns, etc. This was rare in Skyrim; usually the NPCs only talked to the player character. "It's a fine day with you around!"
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #35
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
The lack of consequences... I am head-lord-master-leader of everything in the game, Assassins, Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves, Stormcloaks, Vampires.. I've saved the world from Alduin, I am the chosen one, the Dragonborn from the legends, but once I kill a chicken inside a small town or big city, guards will pile me like I just burned down the whole city/town...
Yeah the whole "Skyrim chicken" thing has always confounded me too. You could murder one of the citizens in cold blood and the guards will still allow you to pay your fine/go to jail/etc. But GOD FORBID YOU KILL THE SACRED CHICKEN lol...
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:16 AM   #36
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicidee View Post
Yeah the whole "Skyrim chicken" thing has always confounded me too. You could murder one of the citizens in cold blood and the guards will still allow you to pay your fine/go to jail/etc. But GOD FORBID YOU KILL THE SACRED CHICKEN lol...
http://youtu.be/zFIZfuDLEy8
Chicken! Chicken everybody!

It can even be your own chicken, too. For the hell of it once I decided to kill the chickens at Honeyside to get meat from them. So of course what happens the moment I Fus Ro Dah the stupid chickens? My follower, I think it was Lydia at the time, started shooting me with arrows. -_- I went in the house hoping that would make her stop, but it didn't, so I had to fast travel away to make her stop. I think she disappeared for a little while after that.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #37
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
http://youtu.be/zFIZfuDLEy8
It can even be your own chicken, too. For the hell of it once I decided to kill the chickens at Honeyside to get meat from them. So of course what happens the moment I Fus Ro Dah the stupid chickens? My follower, I think it was Lydia at the time, started shooting me with arrows. -_- I went in the house hoping that would make her stop, but it didn't, so I had to fast travel away to make her stop. I think she disappeared for a little while after that.
Not to call you a liar or anything, but you can't fast travel while in combat with someone Maybe it was possible because it was only Lydia and she was your follower, but still pretty strange...

Also, nice Toki pic you have there

Last edited by Tortyreus; 10-23-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #38
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
Not to call you a liar or anything, but you can't fast travel while in combat with someone Maybe it was possible because it was only Lydia and she was your follower, but still pretty strange...

Also, nice Toki pic you have there
Either she didn't immediately follow me back out of the house or I ran out of town first, one or the other. Can't remember which. Had to do similar with Calder once. Had forgotten on my first character what J'Zargo wanted me to do with his flame scrolls, so I used one on some bandits that randomly attacked. Calder got caught up in the spell and attacked me. Had to run like hell until I could fast travel to get him off my ass. XD

Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #39
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Either she didn't immediately follow me back out of the house or I ran out of town first, one or the other. Can't remember which. Had to do similar with Calder once. Had forgotten on my first character what J'Zargo wanted me to do with his flame scrolls, so I used one on some bandits that randomly attacked. Calder got caught up in the spell and attacked me. Had to run like hell until I could fast travel to get him off my ass. XD
Haha, yeah now I remember how that part of Skyrim works again xD been a while since I played (since I reached 1300 I haven't played again)... I think that one must walk or run for way too long before you can get them of your ass, that's the reason I never attack Stormcloak/Imperial camps, sure it's easy training but it takes forever to get that stupid camp leader to stop following you... Crossing rivers usually helps, they can't get past them And you just mentioned the reason I never take a companion with me... I always seem to hit them... Somehow I manage to hit my companion more often then a dragon that's on the ground (with arrows on top of that -.-')
Old 02-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #40
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Best: The huge world you have to explore. That also comes with countless quests, interesting NPC's.

Worst: Huge amount of glitches, and the countless loading screens.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #41
thewyseone

worst part is glitches and trying to find your way over the damned mountains.

best is of course the huge world and dungeons and such especially with all the add-ons added.i been playing it since christmas and i am still finding new places.

thewyseone is offline   Reply With Quote