Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
DMANTHESLAYR959

DMANTHESLAYR959's Gamercard
Thumbs down Upset with HALO 4 multiplayer

Who else on here hates how the multiplayer is turning out? It is only like HALO in the yay it looks, what have you done 343 you making haters even though the game isn't out yet! Get rid of all the call of duty and gears of war features! They are all of something and not HALO! HALO has fans and doesn't need any other game linking into it, it is what it is and that is why we all love it so much! You better not screw it up to much because the fun is being taken away and competitive is coming into it, HALO was never a competition it has always been to make people happy and have fun while gaming! The campaign may look pretty damn awesome but the multiplayer is a huge let down!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Really? It looks like Halo to me. The only thing that's different is the stupid camo designs that go on the weapon and armor. Otherwise it looks like the same old Halo game it's always been. I'm personally more disappointed that there's even going to be multiplayer in Halo 4. I think they should've just gone with an enormous campaign and called it a day.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
The only thing that's different is the stupid camo designs that go on the weapon and armor.
Dudebro, you gotta get over your camo issues. lol

But yeah, game still looks like Halo, I don't get a CoD or Gears vibe from it at all anymore. I'd say just wait until the game comes out before you write it off completely, though you strike me as the kinda cool dude who will say it's bad no matter what.

Also, you totally don't need to capitalize all the letters in "Halo".
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post

But yeah, game still looks like Halo, I don't get a CoD or Gears vibe from it at all anymore. I'd say just wait until the game comes out before you write it off completely, though you strike me as the kinda cool dude who will say it's bad no matter what.

Ladies and germs, we have a winner.

DMAN, I don't see how there's a Gears of War vibe that's been spewed into Halo 4. Unless you're referring to all the fancy little armor and weapon skins.
Were you at one of the Halo 4 multiplayer booths in E3, actually playing the game with your own hands? If not, don't judge if you haven't played. It's a pretty bad habit to get sucked into.
And personally, I think a dash of Call of Duty's fast paced firefights, as well as elements from other games will give Halo 4 the edge in terms of diversability. Games need to conform and change to adapt to the consumers who constantly grow and cry out for new things. If Halo had never changed its multiplayer functions since Halo 2, I'm positive that many would groan and complaing with Reach's gameplay(probably more people than there are now).
Old 06-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #5
IntersecTT

Send a message via AIM to IntersecTT Send a message via MSN to IntersecTT Send a message via Skype™ to IntersecTT

Renimosity's Gamercard
game looks sick to me. reach was a let down but this game will get me back to playing my favorite online series.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Halo will always be halo, just like CoD will always be CoD nothing to get pissed over. Besides multiplayer is multiplayer nothing more can be done to change or improve it, fundamentally its always the same no matter what title is on the cover.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

i dont understand why all the hate for the camo skins? its not like its gona mess up your gameplay lol... any way, i think the multiplayer looks awesome

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #8
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Quote:
Never! I will take my disliking of Camo skins to the grave! Mwuhahaha!

I actually wasn't complaining about them this time. Just pointing out they the stupid skins is the only thing about H4 that gives it a GoW or CoD vibe. I'll hate on the skins sometime tomorrow when I give a damn. Too late for me to complain right now.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Really? It looks like Halo to me. The only thing that's different is the stupid camo designs that go on the weapon and armor. Otherwise it looks like the same old Halo game it's always been. I'm personally more disappointed that there's even going to be multiplayer in Halo 4. I think they should've just gone with an enormous campaign and called it a day.
This.

While I can understand the OP's Perspective(to an extent), I'd prefer more change then none at all.

If you want to play Halo Reach or Halo 3 then go play them. The Servers for both games are still very much Alive.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
DMANTHESLAYR959

DMANTHESLAYR959's Gamercard
Waow guys and girl.

You all obviously haven't seen the mlg gameplay that shows the ordanance drops when you get killing spree's and all that. That shouts out call of duty. The skins aren't so much a problem because they are made to look like HALO (yes all capitals look at your game cases)
Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

The camos can be customized woth different colors like you would in any other Halo games in the exception of team modes where the game forces you in any of the 2 set color teams.

Twitter - Raptr - Youtube
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
mrcrash01

TetchyOyvind's Gamercard
survival games LAYR959;5117563]You all obviously haven't seen the mlg gameplay that shows the ordanance drops when you get killing spree's and all that. That shouts out call of duty. The skins aren't so much a problem because they are made to look like HALO (yes all capitals look at your game cases)[/QUOTE]

Actually, you dont get the drops from killing sprees, they carry over from death. And they are also just weapons or speedboost ;-)
Edit: sorry for bad quote. Sucks to write on a phone...
mrcrash01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #13
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMANTHESLAYR959 View Post
You all obviously haven't seen the mlg gameplay that shows the ordanance drops when you get killing spree's and all that. That shouts out call of duty.
What?! Something in a game looks like something from another game?! Call the editor, we've got a new frontpage headline!

Quote:
HALO (yes all capitals look at your game cases)
Right, they definitely put it in all caps because that's the intended spelling. It has nothing to do with it being more eye-catching or anything. I'm guessing it's an acronym, but if that were the case, it would likely be for High Altitude, Low Opening, a type of jump first used by Naked Snake in Metal Gear Solid 3. MGS 3 was a really great game. Did you play MGS 3? Eating a snake seems really gross. I would not eat a snake, at least not a raw snake. That weird snake scar on Boss' chest was really weird too...

Anyway, it's not all caps you moron.
Quote:

Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #14
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Going to have to be another one of "those guys" who says: "how about you reserve bashing the game until you play it for yourself?"
I for one hated the 'killstreaks,' but after seeing that they're merely -very- small bonuses for kills, that carry over even if you die, I changed my opinion.

Skins are cosmetic, so any complaint about them is moot. They're ugly - who cares. They won't force you to buy them, and if you feel that strongly against them A) Don't give them your money B) Headshot every dude who has got one.

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
it seems like halo to me i think it will be awesome i bet if u try it you will say dam never mind this game is great so wait till it comes out before u go all hate crazy
Old 06-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
KiraIchigo

KIRA ICHIGO's Gamercard
Idk guys, if you read about the multiplayer, it seems to have a CoD class layout :/ Not very original. Im excited for Halo 4 but Im really hoping that they don't mess up the multiplayer.
KiraIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Really? I saw the MLG multiplayer video and instantly wanted to drive over to Kirkland and offer them all my money now for the game.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #18
PLaSmA T4rt

PLaSmA T4rT's Gamercard
Did u even play it? and don't judge so quickly. This is a mix of the new and the old. Just play a demo or something and if u don't like it just play CoD or something if u gonna hate
PLaSmA T4rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #19
kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraIchigo View Post
Idk guys, if you read about the multiplayer, it seems to have a CoD class layout :/ Not very original. Im excited for Halo 4 but Im really hoping that they don't mess up the multiplayer.
thats good that you can customize your loadout. they should have done that a long time ago.. im so stoked for this game!! it cant come fast enough..

Old 06-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #20
gig

GIG Guerra's Gamercard
Im excited about the campaign, the multiplayer is different looking from past halo games but not like Im not gonna buy it I still want to atleast try it before I say anything

Flamingskullking productions
gig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #21
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think it looks incredible. It has that Halo 3 feel to it which is great because H3 had the best multiplayer. I'm glad they brought back the BR also. The new armor abilities are not too much either like Reach. This game has serious potential to be the greatest.

Completed Retail: 41
Completed Arcade: 25
Most Proud Completion: Perfect Dark Zero

3rd Place in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops Infinity Challenge
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #22
kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

im glad they made sprint standard, and still able to pick an armor ability, chose your loadout.
cant really comment on how if it looks like halo 3 gameplay, bc ive only played Reach.. maybe ill go pick it up today, after all, its only 10 bucks at gamestop. i keep hearing from every one that i need to play H3, and that halo reach was a let down.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #23
Diamondxinferno1116

Diamondxinferno's Gamercard
I agree 100% it sucks to see creativity die! Halo is the one series that doesnt need to use ideas from another game. They tried something new with reach and it was terrible compared to the other ones. I think the last hope for the series is a remake of halo 2!!
Diamondxinferno1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #24
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondxinferno1116 View Post
I agree 100% it sucks to see creativity die! Halo is the one series that doesnt need to use ideas from another game. They tried something new with reach and it was terrible compared to the other ones. I think the last hope for the series is a remake of halo 2!!
I can only hope you see the irony in this.
Quote:

Old 07-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #25
Frozenghost001

Frozenghost001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
You all obviously haven't seen the mlg gameplay that shows the ordanance drops when you get killing spree's and all that. That shouts out call of duty. The skins aren't so much a problem because they are made to look like HALO (yes all capitals look at your game cases)
thats only in one gametype - infinity slayer. the same old Halo gameplay with weapon spawns in fixed locations and everyone spawns with the same weapon is still present in all the other gametypes (i believe; i know regular slayer is like that).

to be honest the same, core gameplay that we all love from previous Halo games is still present but now there's more options to choose from.

and ahhh 1,000th post! haha
Frozenghost001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #26
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenghost001 View Post
to be honest the same, core gameplay that we all love from previous Halo games is still present but now there's more options to choose from.
heres what i saw in the 4-5 gameplays i watched on Halo4
  • teams score based on points, no longer by kills.
  • grenade indicators for enemy thrown grenades, friendly grenades did not appear to have an indicator. no more friendly nade spam?
  • ordinance drops that randomly give weapons to specific map points.
  • in-game rewards for getting kills such as weapons or powerups.
  • new skin for all the medals..
  • option to skip death cam and spawn right away?
  • x ray vision
  • flag carrier can now shoot while moving with the flag.
honestly... i might be one of the old timers when it comes to halo, but i dont expect them to keep making the same game each installment. i understand times change and the game evolves, but holy shit its like they kept on adding in new things until it hardly even resembled halo anymore.

and i dont need to "play the game" to see that they changed all that, its apparently obvious if you pay attention to the HUD and whats going on. thats more changes than i think anybody anticipated, i know for me it was kind of shocking.

Last edited by niko da bos; 07-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #27
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Quote:
Who else on here hates how the multiplayer is turning out? It is only like HALO in the yay it looks, what have you done 343 you making haters even though the game isn't out yet! Get rid of all the call of duty and gears of war features! They are all of something and not HALO! HALO has fans and doesn't need any other game linking into it, it is what it is and that is why we all love it so much! You better not screw it up to much because the fun is being taken away and competitive is coming into it, HALO was never a competition it has always been to make people happy and have fun while gaming! The campaign may look pretty damn awesome but the multiplayer is a huge let down!
Are you fucking joking? Have you somehow been lucky enough to not meet an MLG asshat during your time on the Halo games? Because with the sizable chunk of time I've logged in these games I've met many, and Halo is life or death for them. Yes, it's a game and it's for fun, but it's also a staple at MLG meets along side of some of the shooters you've mentioned. Halo has always been as much about competition as it has fun, man.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #28
Razor Buddha

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Custom classes, join games in progress, progression based ranking, weapon unlocks, weapon camos, perk system, prestige mode, spec ops, killstreaks, the list goes on.

It's painfully obvious they are trying to pull in the Call of Duty crowd. If you do not see that you are blind. If you don't comprehend that you are an idiot. I can relate to the idea that Halo cannot be the same exact game over and over I do however find it insane that they are copying a franchise that literally puts the same game out every year. People complain that CoD doesn't change at all, but nobody bitched that Halo needed drastic changes like this. From what I understood we all wanted a return to form, we wanted it to go back to what it used to be before Reach.

The sad part about all this is that Black Ops II is going to sell more copies than Halo 4 not because it has Call of Duty in the title, but because I bet money that Treyarch will drastically change the multiplayer formula in ways that either haven't been done yet or haven't been done on a grand scale and the masses will receive it well while Halo 4 looks more and more like Infinity Ward's Space Warfare.

I don't really care anymore, Reach turned me into a Call of Duty fan and 343 industries abused the little trust I gave them when they announced the game in June 2011. I don't give a shit about Halo anymore really. I'll still buy the game but they killed my hype factor for it severely. What kills me is that I'm going to play through the campaign in it's entirety before I even touch multiplayer and I know that when I finally go to Team Slayer there will be people at higher ranks than me with better weapons and equipment unlocked than I have... just like Call of Duty. It's a shame.

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
ronnie42

ronnie42's Gamercard
Quote:

Nobody needs to get over the camo thing. I'm getting the limited edition for all the map packs, think the cameo's look stupid. As long as I can get all the chief armor from all previous games I'll be fine.

Last edited by ronnie42; 08-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.
ronnie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #30
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
What kills me is that I'm going to play through the campaign in it's entirety before I even touch multiplayer and I know that when I finally go to Team Slayer there will be people at higher ranks than me with better weapons and equipment unlocked than I have... just like Call of Duty. It's a shame.
you know what im the same exact way, every halo that has ever came out, i always play the campaign first. infact, i beat the entire thing on legendary before touching the multiplayer. this will be the first game where i will actually be at a significant disadvantage, other than not knowing the maps of course. halo has always been like that, where everybody starts the same and you WORK for better weapons. not even going to get into the new power weapon system, and how they randomly spawn making map control irrelevant..

im wondering how it will turn out, like will i need to run around with an AR default sprint class and scavenge for a BR? either way atleast i will have custom games, we have had some of the same ones since halo2 and those are still fun
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote