PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
halorvb13

Sigma 1313's Gamercard
Is Lucy Alive?

I personally feel that Lucy is dead. However the apple in Assassin's Creed brought back all of Altair's targets. Then also Rasputin was said to have healing powers, and a piece of eden, is it possible there's one that could bring a person back to life, and do you think that Lucy could return then?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
aclover

x864x GANGSTA87's Gamercard
No, she died. Desmond stabbed her. Remember?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this thread is a spoilers paradise...... Seriously guys you know they love those who spoil things round here

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 09-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
halorvb13

Sigma 1313's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aclover View Post
No, she died. Desmond stabbed her. Remember?
Yes I remember quite well. (Just beat all the games for a ninth time again.) (And yes I am serious) But the Apple can reanimate, or at least create an allusion to make it seem like someone died. Who's to say Juno didn't use an allusion to make it seem like Lucy died, and even Shaun, Rebecca, and William believe it?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Why did you put that in the thread title? I just met Lucy and now I already know she's going to die...

(I'm just kidding. Already played all the AC games.)
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halorvb13 View Post
Yes I remember quite well. (Just beat all the games for a ninth time again.) (And yes I am serious) But the Apple can reanimate, or at least create an allusion to make it seem like someone died. Who's to say Juno didn't use an allusion to make it seem like Lucy died, and even Shaun, Rebecca, and William believe it?
So let's say your theory is right, where is she, why has she not made contact with the group or maybe she was an illusion all along

I can't remember for certain but at the end of Brotherhood isn't there some explanation for Desmond doing what he did to her? To be honest, as much as i would love to hear Kristen Bell's voice again, i wouldn't like it if suddenly Lucy popped up out of no where only for us to learn it was all an illusion, i'd rather believe the lie.
DEG23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
halorvb13

Sigma 1313's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
So let's say your theory is right, where is she, why has she not made contact with the group or maybe she was an illusion all along

I can't remember for certain but at the end of Brotherhood isn't there some explanation for Desmond doing what he did to her? To be honest, as much as i would love to hear Kristen Bell's voice again, i wouldn't like it if suddenly Lucy popped up out of no where only for us to learn it was all an illusion, i'd rather believe the lie.
Maybe she's in a vault? Or was captured by abstergo? And the only explanation is that he was under the power of Juno.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
Spardan

WCF Spardan's Gamercard
Was it in revelations that in the animus you heard that she had been buried, outside the site where desmond did the stabbie thing to her

The Code of Spardan
Play games for fun not points
Play fair and also show respect to the other team
Earn achievements for a laugh And never boost for them
Always Find the Fun/Positive side to any slip up
Never rise against any insults Given to you just kill them in game
Respect newbies
Show no mercy to Noobies
Spardan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spardan View Post
Was it in revelations that in the animus you heard that she had been buried, outside the site where desmond did the stabbie thing to her
Yeah, there is a line of dialogue while Desmond is in the Black Room. Shaun makes it clear that she is dead and buried, so good luck reanimating that.

"Shortly thereafter, Lucy was buried in a small cemetery near Rome. Shaun was the only one of her team to attend the funeral, as Rebecca was presiding over the comatose Desmond with William."
Old 09-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Maybe she's in a vault? Or was captured by abstergo? And the only explanation is that he was under the power of Juno.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
kohlerxxx

kohlerxxx's Gamercard
seems alot of you havent played the lost archive for revelations, my guess is she is alive and with a good reason not to get in contact with desmond and co
Assassin's Creed - 1000, Assassin's Creed 2 - 1000, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 1190/1250, Assassin's Creed Revelations - 1490, Assassin's Creed 3 - 1350, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Xbox One) - 1080/1250
kohlerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Well tbf the last time we saw desmond and the main crew was in brotherhood. Revelations was almost complete desmond story free so we still dont know. will find out in number3! Cant wait the desmond story is the main reason i like assassins creed.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #13
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
Shes definately dead, in Revelations they even said they burried her in a nice plot close to Rome
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
Scnew

scnew's Gamercard
Man, you're making me remember how disappointing the Desmond stuff was in Revelations after the ending of Brotherhood.

But yeah, she's dead. The Lost Archives DLC in Revelations reveals that she was a double agent reporting to Vidic, which is probably why Juno/the Apple/whatever made Desmond kill her. I have a feeling, though, that she was falling for Desmond and was ultimately going to end up firmly on the Assassins' side, and that we're going to see more of her in one way or another via some kind of Piece of Eden magic.
Scnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
xTGMx INF3RNO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scnew View Post
Man, you're making me remember how disappointing the Desmond stuff was in Revelations after the ending of Brotherhood.

But yeah, she's dead. The Lost Archives DLC in Revelations reveals that she was a double agent reporting to Vidic, which is probably why Juno/the Apple/whatever made Desmond kill her. I have a feeling, though, that she was falling for Desmond and was ultimately going to end up firmly on the Assassins' side, and that we're going to see more of her in one way or another via some kind of Piece of Eden magic.
I always thought this. She clearly loved desmond and had a missing finger. I reckon she was a tripe agent! Making her an assassin. I really hope we do see her again.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
Daemon300

Daemon300's Gamercard
^I'm pretty sure she is not missing a finger. She just bend it down to show Desmond that he is not alone in AC1.

Last edited by Daemon300; 09-15-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Daemon300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
Homaz

Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
I think they bring her back, but in another form. Maybe something like the holograph "goddes" from AC2. Dammn, want to play AC3!!

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
xTGMx INF3RNO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon300 View Post
^I'm pretty sure she is not missing a finger. She just bend it down to show Desmond that he is not alone in AC1.
I swear she is missing it?

EDIT: Ahh i remember now. She does have them all in brotherhood. my bad

Old 09-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #19
mrnose20

mrnose20's Gamercard
It is possible she's alive. The shroud was said to be what brought Jesus back from the dead and who's to say that the Templars don't have the shroud. I think if we see her in AC3 she'll be standing next to Vidic because if they did use the shroud PoE to bring her back there was still some form of mind control with it. Or maybe William set it all up to keep her as an inside assassin. Who really knows? all I can say is there is a lot of possibilities and I'm SUPER excited to play AC3. That and frame the flag that comes with it lol
mrnose20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #20
Prodigy5281

Prodigy5281's Gamercard
Quote:
I personally feel that Lucy is dead. However the apple in Assassin's Creed brought back all of Altair's targets. Then also Rasputin was said to have healing powers, and a piece of eden, is it possible there's one that could bring a person back to life, and do you think that Lucy could return then?
Honestly, I've thought that Lucy never died to begin with for awhile. Firstly, most of what the apple does is an illusion. The first game established that. Secondly, Altair is "killed" early on, only to be revealed that it was only what his master wanted them to see. At this point, he had the apply. Therefore, it is quite likely that for whatever reason, those who came before wanted people to believe Lucy died for whatever reason
Prodigy5281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
mrnose20

mrnose20's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy5281 View Post
Honestly, I've thought that Lucy never died to begin with for awhile. Firstly, most of what the apple does is an illusion. The first game established that. Secondly, Altair is "killed" early on, only to be revealed that it was only what his master wanted them to see. At this point, he had the apply. Therefore, it is quite likely that for whatever reason, those who came before wanted people to believe Lucy died for whatever reason
If I remember correctly there was something said by Minerva or Juno i dont remember which about needing the blood of Eve. It vary well could be that Lucy is the blood of Eve (I had thought this till her "death" in Brotherhood). If thats true they would have to find away to get her away from the Templars and what better way to do that than having the Apple create the illusion of her death and burial.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #22
jxspyder

jxspyder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlerxxx View Post
seems alot of you havent played the lost archive for revelations, my guess is she is alive and with a good reason not to get in contact with desmond and co
What part of Lost Archives suggests she's still alive? Lost Archives spells out that she was a traitor to the Assassin's cause, that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy5281 View Post
The apple didn't kill her. Desmond stabbing her with his hidden blade killed her. Which is why in Revelations they talk about her being buried.
jxspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #23
KiwikindUK

kiwikindUk's Gamercard
An interview with the developers said she is dead, but she'll be back "in some way" which probably means flashbacks or some such. Not a re-incarnation. They said they are closing a lot of doors, i.e. answering lots of questions we've had for a while, and putting to bed many of the doubts etc. All a bit cryptic, but even in this sci-fi world, I don't really see her being resurrected.
KiwikindUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
mrnose20

mrnose20's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwikindUK View Post
An interview with the developers said she is dead, but she'll be back "in some way" which probably means flashbacks or some such. Not a re-incarnation. They said they are closing a lot of doors, i.e. answering lots of questions we've had for a while, and putting to bed many of the doubts etc. All a bit cryptic, but even in this sci-fi world, I don't really see her being resurrected.
I have seen a few developers before say one thing before a game's launch and do the complete opposite just to keep things secrets (same with movies) within them, but with the Animus and Pieces of Eden they really can do anything they want, so only time will tell with what will happen with her.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #25
yugioh1000

yugioh1000's Gamercard
i hope lucy is back too
yugioh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #26
DoosMakhina

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnose20 View Post
I have seen a few developers before say one thing before a game's launch and do the complete opposite just to keep things secrets (same with movies) within them, but with the Animus and Pieces of Eden they really can do anything they want, so only time will tell with what will happen with her.
That seems like clutching at straws to me. Dev's do occasionally lie when they cannot yet disclose information, but that is generally a flat out denial of something's existence. The fact that when asked they said that Lucy is dead but also mentioned that she is still a part of the story kinda goes against that.

Though I suppose there's no harm in hoping.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
mrnose20

mrnose20's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
That seems like clutching at straws to me. Dev's do occasionally lie when they cannot yet disclose information, but that is generally a flat out denial of something's existence. The fact that when asked they said that Lucy is dead but also mentioned that she is still a part of the story kinda goes against that.

Though I suppose there's no harm in hoping.
Maybe, but all I'm really saying is I dont take developers words when they talk bout story details only gameplay and settings.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #28
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnose20 View Post
Maybe, but all I'm really saying is I dont take developers words when they talk bout story details only gameplay and settings.
That's fair. The devs don't want to spoil the story before it's released.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote