Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
L1E

Send a message via AIM to L1E

L1E's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Mass Effect Trilogy Pack?

What do you guys think the likelihood of a pack coming out in the near future that includes all three Mass Effect games and all of their DLC?

Obviously, it would have to come out after Mass Effect 3's DLC stops releasing, but I would be very interested in something like this. I never got past the first game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have always planned on buying 2 and 3, but never got around to it. I think that a pack like this would be perfect for somebody like me who has yet to play them, but wants to.

Thoughts? Should I keep holding out for a pack like this or just take the dive?
L1E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I highly doubt such a bundle will ever become available. They are fantastic games. So there is no reason not to buy them now. That way you can enjoy them sooner rather than later.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
Drewdude1023

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
After EA shuts down the servers.....
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #4
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It's very unlikely for a number of reasons...
Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdude1023 View Post
After EA shuts down the servers.....
Which would make no difference to the single player.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Which would make no difference to the single player.
But it would significantly limit the Mass Effect 3 experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
But it would significantly limit the Mass Effect 3 experience.
True it would lack the multiplayer features but if someone wants simply the single player experience they'd be fine with that i'd assume.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 08-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
Eating Machine

Get it now, I believe the dlcs for ME3 will take a year or 2 to stop dropping. Why wait on playing something that you would enjoy, unless having a trilogy box gives you a better feeling.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Unless MS hand over the ME 1 rights then 0 chance.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
Freefire

Freefire001's Gamercard
Im sure when Mass Effect 4 comes out on the next gen consoles they will likely do a trilogy pack.
Freefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #11
D-star

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
They don't even have Ultimate Editions of Mass Effect 1 or 2, so I doubt any combo packs will be done this gen at least.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #12
Wandering Fist

Wandering Fist's Gamercard
I can't see it happening. I'd love a digital download copy one day. Games are getting re-released all the time these days in collections editions. So I have hope.

But, that would be quite the download size...

Last edited by Wandering Fist; 08-11-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Wandering Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #13
dwayne_hicks

Dwayne Hicks's Gamercard
Like an above poster said, I doubt ME would give up the rights to the first game. I don't know if Bioware would release a trilogy pack for just one of the major consoles.

Think about the packaging. 5 discs could get a little tricky. People can still easily aquire all three games separately as well.

Need help with a game ?
If I still own it, I'll be glad to help, just message me and I'll try to work it out.
dwayne_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
Freefire

Freefire001's Gamercard
Well next gen should all be Blu Rays and ME isnt mulitple discs on PS3 now.
Freefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
D-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Fist View Post
But, that would be quite the download size...
All the games are under 8 gigs, I have the first two as digital copies then the 3rd as a physical copy(collector's edition) and that one is on one disc. I play on PC.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-star View Post
All the games are under 8 gigs, I have the first two as digital copies then the 3rd as a physical copy(collector's edition) and that one is on one disc. I play on PC.
I don't remember ME1 and ME2's install size. But if you install both discs of ME3 it takes up about 14 gigs.

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
Old 08-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #17
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne_hicks View Post
Think about the packaging. 5 discs could get a little tricky. People can still easily aquire all three games separately as well.
They don't all have to be in the same case, it could be 3 separate cases that are just housed by a cardboard packaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard
I don't remember ME1 and ME2's install size. But if you install both discs of ME3 it takes up about 14 gigs.
Well both discs share certain resources (common area, dialogue, etc), so when you install both discs you get overlapping data. If the game was optimized to install only one copy of everything, the install size would be much less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #18
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Well both discs share certain resources (common area, dialogue, etc), so when you install both discs you get overlapping data. If the game was optimized to install only one copy of everything, the install size would be much less.
That's true. I wasn't thinking about it being unoptimized.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #19
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
What's the big fuss with this trilogy pack thread? They have DVD and Blu-ray boxed sets that house dozens of discs. These packaging issues you speak of are non-existant, much like the trilogy pack itself. Maybe in a few years something like this will be viable but guess why they don't make it now? There's no fucking market for it! The first two games are budget titles and have been for years and the third is well on its way. They're not going to produce some super collectors set for the thousand people who would actually pay for it right now because in the end they'll lose money. Give it a few years folks. Half the people that post here are saying they don't even want to buy the upcoming DLC. With that mentality who wants to repurchase all the games in what would have to be a feature heavy edition, loaded with extra content and realistically cost around a hundred dollars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1E View Post
I never got past the first game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have always planned on buying 2 and 3, but never got around to it. I think that a pack like this would be perfect for somebody like me who has yet to play them, but wants to.

Thoughts? Should I keep holding out for a pack like this or just take the dive?
Like I just said, you want a trilogy box but you haven't played past the first game yet which is what, five years old? You realize for this trilogy set to even warrant a purchase from a die-hard fan it would have to include every bit of DLC, gamer pics, premium themes, documentaries, soundtracks, etc. and really nice packaging, which would cost much more than buying the games now. So you'd jump at the chance to buy this expensive boxed set but you haven't even played the games for about ten bucks apiece now?

TL/DR

Trilogy box set ain't coming anytime soon. Get yourself thirty or forty bucks together and go buy three of the best games of this console generation. There's no "dive" to be taken.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 08-13-2012 at 01:22 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
Muse89

Ragnarok K1's Gamercard
This trilogy has a pretty solid fanbase, especially on the 360 with people who've been with the game since the first. I own every piece of dlc so far and still have my copies of each game so there'd be no reason for me to buy the pack. Though it would be kinda cool to reach out to those who never got into the trilogy. Plus EA do seem to like money...
Old 08-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #21
lonesquiff

lonesquiff's Gamercard
I wouldn't hold my breath for a trilogy pack. Your best bet is to pick up the games. While ME2 never had an ultimate/goty/etc edition, ME1 did have a platinum version if you can find it that included the dlc.

I've always thought it odd that ME2 never had something similar.

Now what I would find more appealing than a trilogy pack is a ME1 rerelease. Just to bring it up to the graphic and game mechanic level of the sequels since it is so drastically different.
lonesquiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonesquiff View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath for a trilogy pack. Your best bet is to pick up the games. While ME2 never had an ultimate/goty/etc edition, ME1 did have a platinum version if you can find it that included the dlc.

I've always thought it odd that ME2 never had something similar.

Now what I would find more appealing than a trilogy pack is a ME1 rerelease. Just to bring it up to the graphic and game mechanic level of the sequels since it is so drastically different.
I wouldn't mind seeing this. I don't think it will happen though. For one thing they would have to completely change the way the import system works so you could use the remake of ME1 as the first game. Then you'd have to be able to go to ME2 and ME3 without issue. It might not be impossible to do. But it would probably be a hassle to get everything working smoothly.

I think it's way too early to be talking about remaking the series. Maybe in a couple decades when most people have forgotten the series. I'd much rather Bioware focus on making new games in the series to further the story. And I really hope they don't waste their time and ours on prequels.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
lonesquiff

lonesquiff's Gamercard
Agreed, I don't think it would ever happen. Sounds like there are issues regarding MS-Bio-EA regarding the 1st game. Which is why while PS3 did get the sequels, they never got the original.

Although speaking of the import system if there was a rerelease that would be another thing to improve upon. I'd heard a lot of people had trouble with going from ME1-2, one of my xbl friends was unable to do that because the importer corrupted his ME1 save. I remember reading waaay back that Bioware was aware of the issue, something to do with how the the save formats were different b/w the 2 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I'd much rather Bioware focus on making new games in the series to further the story. And I really hope they don't waste their time and ours on prequels.
This is the real kicker though. If they ever made a game to take place after ME3, they would have to "choose" which ending is canon. While making a new game that somehow read your ME3 is possible, it just wouldn't be feasible to incorporate that. I don't see how any new games could come out after ME3, but there certainly could before or during the events of ME2. I think a "Cerberus Edition" of ME3 could be quite fun to play. I always thought it odd that you were never given an option in 3 of which group you were with, you just start the game as alliance.

As for other games, there are lots of stories to tell in the ME Universe. While I absolutely love the action/rpg format of the trilogy, some alternate genre entries would be welcome as well.

BTW, has anyone seen the Prey 2 trailer? The first time I watched it I thought to myself that it looked like a game that could have easily been in the ME Universe.
lonesquiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Agreed, I don't think it would ever happen. Sounds like there are issues regarding MS-Bio-EA regarding the 1st game. Which is why while PS3 did get the sequels, they never got the original.

Although speaking of the import system if there was a rerelease that would be another thing to improve upon. I'd heard a lot of people had trouble with going from ME1-2, one of my xbl friends was unable to do that because the importer corrupted his ME1 save. I remember reading waaay back that Bioware was aware of the issue, something to do with how the the save formats were different b/w the 2 games.

This is the real kicker though. If they ever made a game to take place after ME3, they would have to "choose" which ending is canon. While making a new game that somehow read your ME3 is possible, it just wouldn't be feasible to incorporate that. I don't see how any new games could come out after ME3, but there certainly could before or during the events of ME2. I think a "Cerberus Edition" of ME3 could be quite fun to play. I always thought it odd that you were never given an option in 3 of which group you were with, you just start the game as alliance.

As for other games, there are lots of stories to tell in the ME Universe. While I absolutely love the action/rpg format of the trilogy, some alternate genre entries would be welcome as well.

BTW, has anyone seen the Prey 2 trailer? The first time I watched it I thought to myself that it looked like a game that could have easily been in the ME Universe.
Well there are ways around the whole ending problem. One off the top of my head would be to set the 4th game a few centuries or even a few millenia in the future. By that point it wouldn't have mattered. Most people would probably have forgotten that Shepard and the Reapers even existed. And after all of those years of evolution it would be cool to see all of the new species that emerged. Or they could do what you suggested and "choose" a canon. This is more than likely what they'd do honestly. Another option is to set the next game in a different galaxy. Then they could introduce all new races and characters. But if they do that then they couldn't use any of the existing cast and races. Which would be a huge mistake in my opinion. Until Bioware reveals the future for the franchise, all we can do is speculate.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
D-star

Quote:
Why would Microsoft spend money remaking a game made this Gen? I don't think there will be much of a market for it out side diehard fans.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #26
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Trilogy coming November 6 and the first game will be playable on PS3

"... The collection marks the first time that the original Mass Effect—which was released as an Xbox 360 exclusive—will be playable on the PlayStation 3..."

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mass-ef...mber-6-6397206

http://kotaku.com/5946590/mass-effec...on-3-this-fall

Last edited by OceanH; 09-26-2012 at 03:40 PM.
OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #27
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I will be wearing my N7 T-Shirt on November 7.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #28
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Excellent news, glad PS3 exclusive players can finally fully experience the first game in all its glory!

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #29
The Last Myth

The Last Myth's Gamercard
its funny to see someone already predicted a trilogy pack last month while ppl quickly dismissed it now its a done deal just as the 1st game heads to ps3
The Last Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #30
xOverLorDx

Io OV3RL0RD oI's Gamercard
Do these come with all the DLC?
xOverLorDx is offline   Reply With Quote