Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Mr360xX

Chaotic II's Gamercard
Breaking Bad Discussion

Anyone been watching the show lately? So far these few episodes that have came out are not really that good IMO. Hopefully they will get better. What do you think?

Mr360xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
TheTenthPlague

TheTenthPlague's Gamercard
Honestly, I think they've been pretty fantastic. Just not much in the way of large plot developments. The ball is starting to roll quickly though.
TheTenthPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
Takamura Bear

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Gonna start season 5 soon as I've only just finished season 4 a few hours ago. 'Twas a brilliant season and definitely an all-time classic in television history. In all honesty, practically all the seasons started at a relatively slow pace. But the writers aren't being lazy here; they're purposely building up to when the real fireworks will begin.

The first few episodes of Season 4 were kind of slow, wasn't really sure where it was going and was starting to wonder. But then halfway in, like a chemical reaction, everything just exploded and shit got real fucking fast. It was just ridiculous. Rarely have I been left speechless and mesmerized by a television show in my entire life.

If Cranston doesn't receive an Emmy for this scene, I've lost all faith in humanity. In fact, the entire cast from top to bottom is excellent.

Last edited by Takamura Bear; 08-09-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Takamura Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #4
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I cannot stand the week to week wait. I let the entire season finish before watching it. I did just re-watch seasons 1-4 so it would be fresh in my mind, so I can enjoy season 5 when it wraps up.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
i got squeezed

i got squeezed's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr360xX View Post
Anyone been watching the show lately? So far these few episodes that have came out are not really that good IMO. Hopefully they will get better. What do you think?
You do realize its a total of 16 episodes right?
i got squeezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #6
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I've been watching it. It's been pretty slow so far, but it's only because of what happened at the end of Season 4 and they're just starting to recover and rebuild. Even though the season has barely begun, I can already witness the inevitable demise of Walter. Quite sad to see a great character become something he initially wasn't.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 AM   #7
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
Gonna start season 5 soon as I've only just finished season 4 a few hours ago. 'Twas a brilliant season and definitely an all-time classic in television history. In all honesty, practically all the seasons started at a relatively slow pace. But the writers aren't being lazy here; they're purposely building up to when the real fireworks will begin.

The first few episodes of Season 4 were kind of slow, wasn't really sure where it was going and was starting to wonder. But then halfway in, like a chemical reaction, everything just exploded and shit got real fucking fast. It was just ridiculous. Rarely have I been left speechless and mesmerized by a television show in my entire life.

If Cranston doesn't receive an Emmy for this scene, I've lost all faith in humanity. In fact, the entire cast from top to bottom is excellent.

SPOILERS

I remember watching that scene the night it aired and making the same comment about how he should get an emmy just for that. Also, I'll never forget the season finale in the retirement home with Gus, gave me goosebumps. Don't wanna say too much in case someone is just passing through...
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I think it's moving the same pace it usually does at the beginning of a season, it will slowly pick up. It's like your sitting in an airplane that slowly starts to drop out of the sky, picking up more and more speed before it hits the ground.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Things really started to pick up at the end of Episode 5. I can't believe that Todd did what he did. Jesse will be furious.

But yeah, episodes 2-4 were a little slow, but they're good for plot development. Now I hate Lydia even more. She's so whiny.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Things really started to pick up at the end of Episode 5. I can't believe that Todd did what he did. Jesse will be furious.

But yeah, episodes 2-4 were a little slow, but they're good for plot development. Now I hate Lydia even more. She's so whiny.
Intense doesn't even describe Dead Freight. Last nights episode was masterful. It's the kind of episode you could imagine showing to someone who has never seen the show and blowing their mind. They accomplished more in forty-five minutes than most multi-million dollar summer blockbusters could ever hope to attain.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Last night's episode was the best episode this season by far.

The perfect amount of suspense and drama.

I can't wait till next weekend.

11.11.14 Halo 2 is back baby<3
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Oh damn the ending of Dead Freight woowee, I did not see that coming, even with the cold opening and all.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
ryan1705

ryanb1705's Gamercard
This show just keeps getting better and better. The ending to this week's episode was brilliant and Anna Gunn's performance last week was simply fantastic. Gonna be sad when the series ends
Old 08-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #14
cjpro333

cjpro333's Gamercard
I started watching the show on netflix on a late night not long ago. I was instantly hooked! I loved the concept of the good guy turning bad. I loved the show so much I waited 6 straight hours to see the whole cast at a Comic-Con panel. (which was well worth it!) They let the audience in on little hints and such. Im really eagerer to see how they travel out of country. Did I let the cat out of the bag?

Last edited by cjpro333; 08-16-2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: spoilers
cjpro333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
iiOFWGKTA x

iiOFWGKTA x's Gamercard
Just 3 more episodes, then we have to wait another year for the rest of them. I don't know if I'll be able to take it..
iiOFWGKTA x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #16
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiOFWGKTA x View Post
Just 3 more episodes, then we have to wait another year for the rest of them. I don't know if I'll be able to take it..
What's with the hiatus? Walking Dead or something?

11.11.14 Halo 2 is back baby<3
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiOFWGKTA x View Post

Seriously?!?!Awww shit that's too long.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

Old 08-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
I've been watching since the very first episode aired and I'm not sure what makes me more sad; that it's the last season, or having to wait a year to watch the rest of the season. No matter what I'm confident it will be an awesome ending to the greatest tv show of all time.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #19
Takamura Bear

Well, just caught up with episode 5. Not only was "Dead Freight" the best episode of the season so far, it will easily go down in the history books as one of the best episodes ever of Breaking Bad. Once again, and as always I am forced to mutter to myself after a few slow-paced episodes, "Shit just got fucking real." Simply amazing on all accounts.

Has there ever been a television show that continuously just gets better and better each season? And we're not just talking marginally better either; each season shits on the previous one like nothing. Head and shoulders above everything else right now, Breaking Bad has ridiculous levels of quality.

And shit like this you just couldn't make up in real life. Are you kidding me?! Unreal. 0.0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...9ba8_blog.html
Old 08-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Intense doesn't even describe Dead Freight. Last nights episode was masterful. It's the kind of episode you could imagine showing to someone who has never seen the show and blowing their mind. They accomplished more in forty-five minutes than most multi-million dollar summer blockbusters could ever hope to attain.
Good point. And nice avatar, by the way.

I'm practically wetting myself, waiting in anticipation for tonight's episode. Looking back at the start of the fifth season, it feels like it's going by too fast. I don't want it to end.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #21
Takamura Bear

So after the first half of this season ends, do we have to literally wait one whole year until the next half gets aired? Not early 2013?

I would have thought AMC would have gone down the same route as they did with The Walking Dead, which was given a mid-season break halfway through the second season and returned early 2012.

And I think Vince Gilligan may have taken some inspiration from The Simpsons at one point.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #22
i got squeezed

i got squeezed's Gamercard
Quote:
So after the first half of this season ends, do we have to literally wait one whole year until the next half gets aired? Not early 2013?

I would have thought AMC would have gone down the same route as they did with The Walking Dead, which was given a mid-season break halfway through the second season and returned early 2012.

And I think Vince Gilligan may have taken some inspiration from The Simpsons at one point.

Breaking Bart (Breaking Bad / Simpsons Mashup) - YouTube
Yeah we have to wait until July 2013 to see the rest of S5.Its very sucky and I will be going through BB withdrawl .
i got squeezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #23
Young Lil Teezy

YoungFINNTeezy's Gamercard
Season 5 started out slow but definitely picked up steam! For the first time Walt is really becoming a despicable person, I have no sympathy for him anymore.
Young Lil Teezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #24
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Lil Teezy View Post
Season 5 started out slow but definitely picked up steam! For the first time Walt is really becoming a despicable person, I have no sympathy for him anymore.
The last episode definitely changed how I felt about Walt..I went from thinking he's even greedier than I thought previously to actually understanding how he feels..His wife wants nothing to do with him, he can't see his kids because of it, and the business is all he has left. He can either let the business go, and fail at being successful in a business for a second time in his life, or give everything up (again) to put his family back together (maybe).
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
Young Lil Teezy

YoungFINNTeezy's Gamercard
I think he definitely made his bed. He could've lived off the buyout and still has his car wash to keep income flowing in. Not a rich life, no, but he did would be able to spend time with his family, the reason he started all his stuff to begin with. Not sure if you have kids or not, but I would choose my wife and kids 100 out of 100 times over being successful in life.
Young Lil Teezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #26
Mackusonia

Mackusonia's Gamercard
I think the first episodes kind of dragged...but in a good way, as in: "Shit is building up here". Now we're back with intense episodes. I really love this series ;_;
Mackusonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #27
LickableLemons7

I can't believe it. They made me cry. Say My Name is the saddest episode of Breaking Bad, so far. Walt has made the transition from a cute innocent Chem teacher to a cold-blooded, heartless asshole. The series won't end well for Walt.

Karma, bitch.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #28
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

I was ready for Walt to get his as soon as his greedy ass wouldn't just take the 5 million and get out for good. Though Skyler really doesn't deserve it I find her highly annoying and wish she would get killed or off herself.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #29
Takamura Bear

Wow. I accidentally saw a quick spoiler on Google before I watched the entire episode, so I knew who was biting the dust in this one, but fuck, what a monster Walt has become. I found Mike to be one of the best characters and a personal favorite of mine next to Saul and Gus. I've no sympathy for Walt anymore after that.

I suppose you can consider Walt as the central antagonist of the show now as far as I'm concerned. I just can't believe how low he has fallen. Early on in the show I really wanted Walt to succeed because even though what he was doing was illegal, he had a good cause: securing his family's future with enough money. Now with his ego, and how good at manipulating people he's become, I want him to fall. Hard.

Vince Gilligan has said that Walt will do something so unforgivable in this season that we will never have any sympathy for him ever again. Now you take that statement alone and the fact that the season is said to be the 'darkest yet', and even hinting at something happening to the baby (Holly) this season, I fear the worst for his family more than anything. Walt would never bring harm to his own flesh and blood... would he?

I would say no, but then Vince Gilligan may have left us with a little hint with the Scarface foreshadowing back in episode 3. As Walt & Walt Jr were watching Scarface, Walt, with the baby in his arms, says "Everyone dies in this one." Walt will die by the series' end, that I am certain of - it's just whether the cancer gets him first or he's gunned down in a rain of bullets.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #30
BigeBigzElite

BigeBigzElite's Gamercard
Quote:
Wow. I accidentally saw a quick spoiler on Google before I watched the entire episode, so I knew who was biting the dust in this one, but fuck, what a monster Walt has become. I found Mike to be one of the best characters and a personal favorite of mine next to Saul and Gus. I've no sympathy for Walt anymore after that.

I suppose you can consider Walt as the central antagonist of the show now as far as I'm concerned. I just can't believe how low he has fallen. Early on in the show I really wanted Walt to succeed because even though what he was doing was illegal, he had a good cause: securing his family's future with enough money. Now with his ego, and how good at manipulating people he's become, I want him to fall. Hard.

Vince Gilligan has said that Walt will do something so unforgivable in this season that we will never have any sympathy for him ever again. Now you take that statement alone and the fact that the season is said to be the 'darkest yet', and even hinting at something happening to the baby (Holly) this season, I fear the worst for his family more than anything. Walt would never bring harm to his own flesh and blood... would he?

I would say no, but then Vince Gilligan may have left us with a little hint with the Scarface foreshadowing back in episode 3. As Walt & Walt Jr were watching Scarface, Walt, with the baby in his arms, says "Everyone dies in this one." Walt will die by the series' end, that I am certain of - it's just whether the cancer gets him first or he's gunned down in a rain of bullets.
Nice theory on the Scarface reference. I caught and thought of that too! Did you find it weird how when Walt was playing Hank again, Hank stepped out and did the fake, 'gun to my head', pose? I have a feeling something bad is going to happen to Walt Jr., Marie, and Holly that will have Hank commit suicide.
BigeBigzElite is offline   Reply With Quote