Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #31
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think Walt's little rambling 'apology' at the end of the episode might have been the first real thing I've heard him say in a long time. But Mike cuts him off by saying 'shut the fuck up', because it's too late for that now Walt, you just gotta sit there and wait for the end to come...

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #32
Young Lil Teezy

YoungFINNTeezy's Gamercard
It's strange seeing Walt having fallen from grace and Jesse trying to walk the straight and narrow.. definitely some role reversal from earlier in the show
Young Lil Teezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #33
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Lil Teezy View Post
It's strange seeing Walt having fallen from grace and Jesse trying to walk the straight and narrow.. definitely some role reversal from earlier in the show
Yea, very dynamic characters for a TV show.. very well written too imo, to the point where I love or hate each character for a reason that makes sense in the context of the story as a whole. Skyler may be going totally crazy, but I can understand WHY (though I don't care for her character much~). On the other hand Walt's total shift in personality may be extreme at times, but again I can understand where his actions are coming from. It's all awesome ^^ and yet another awesome episode to add to the series.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #34
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yeah it bugs the hell out of me that they keep calling the episodes to air next year a part of the fifth season. Why not just call it a sixth? With the length of time in between "halves" it definitely feels like an all-new season.

*Spoilers and speculation ahead!*

But yeah, it was tough seeing Mike go. And I saw it coming, dammit. Ever since that brief Heat mention a few episodes earlier (Hank says to Walt Jr he picked up the Blu-Ray and asks if he wants to watch.) I've been drawing comparisons. Mike is DeNiro. When he sees the cops coming in the park, and he's deciding to leave his granddaughter or turn himself up, he leaves. When DeNiro sees Pacino at the end, he leaves his girlfriend in the car. Even the finale between Walt and Mike was Heat-like. Their conversation prior to the shooting like the diner scene in Heat, and even then when Mike sort of escapes it's a little stand-off-y like the end of Heat. And then of course there's the Scarface connection that has been brought up. Tony kills Manny on a spur-of-the-moment thing, and I think, because Mike was sort of 'disrespecting' Walter, who is now all about his ego and not the money, Walt was pissed and killed him. Maybe he was planning on it before, he already had the gun out after all, but it seemed like he let it go, then he raged!

In a point of criticism (I take my Breaking Bad very seriously.) I'd say it was uncharacteristic of Mike to send Walt to deliver the money bag. Mike knew there was a gun in the bag and surely knew Walt would see it. He knew he seemed like a liability, what with the police after him, and he knew the extent to which Walt would go to preserve his operation. Mike, who has been this un-killable, extremely intelligent criminal has what you may say was an inevitable slip-up. I just think it wasn't realistic for the character. And I don't buy that Mike trusted Walt and it was some betrayal. We may forget that near the beginning of this season Mike had a gun to Walt's head. He's been purely professional, because he needs money. He doesn't like Walter and makes it clear.

Another little nitpick, but those gangsters that Mike and Jesse were going to sell the methylamine to just roll over because Heisenburg shows up? Sure he killed Gus, but surely they know he's no empire. They're looking at his empire. Maybe it's just because we haven't seen the impact Walt's product has had on other operations in the area, but it seemed a little iffy that those guys would be strong-armed into a partnership so easily.

I don't mean to sound bitchy; I really love this show. Not as much as The Wire, maybe, but more than everything else.

Alright, last thing. My thoughts for how this is going to end... Walt Jr's taken a sort of background role. They're always saying how "Oh you know teenagers." subtly, very subtly, but he's mentioned often... What if Jr's addicted to drugs? What if he's addicted to the blue meth? Wouldn't that be the ultimate punchline? What started as Walt trying to provide for his family and now is own son is hurting himself with the drugs Walt wanted to provide for him with? And maybe that's what snaps Walt out of his Tony Montana-mode. "My son's addicted to my product..." Maybe Jr even dies? He overdoses? Maybe I'm just so caught up in it, but that all sounds like a plausible end-series revelation.

Last edited by The Bum-Mobile; 08-29-2012 at 01:35 AM.
The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #35
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bum-Mobile View Post
Alright, last thing. My thoughts for how this is going to end... Walt Jr's taken a sort of background role. They're always saying how "Oh you know teenagers." subtly, very subtly, but he's mentioned often... What if Jr's addicted to drugs? What if he's addicted to the blue meth? Wouldn't that be the ultimate punchline? What started as Walt trying to provide for his family and now is own son is hurting himself with the drugs Walt wanted to provide for him with? And maybe that's what snaps Walt out of his Tony Montana-mode. "My son's addicted to my product..." Maybe Jr even dies? He overdoses? Maybe I'm just so caught up in it, but that all sounds like a plausible end-series revelation.
Would be good, gets high on meth and dies wrecking that car his dad bought him.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #36
Young Lil Teezy

YoungFINNTeezy's Gamercard
I wouldn't rule it out.. entirely possible and easily within the realm of where the writers would take the show
Young Lil Teezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
In a point of criticism (I take my Breaking Bad very seriously.) I'd say it was uncharacteristic of Mike to send Walt to deliver the money bag. Mike knew there was a gun in the bag and surely knew Walt would see it. He knew he seemed like a liability, what with the police after him, and he knew the extent to which Walt would go to preserve his operation. Mike, who has been this un-killable, extremely intelligent criminal has what you may say was an inevitable slip-up. I just think it wasn't realistic for the character. And I don't buy that Mike trusted Walt and it was some betrayal. We may forget that near the beginning of this season Mike had a gun to Walt's head. He's been purely professional, because he needs money. He doesn't like Walter and makes it clear.
I think it was more that he begrudgingly agreed to let Walter bring him his bag because he really didn't have any other choice. Saul was right... he couldn't have done it, because the DEA knows that he is Mike's lawyer, so they're probably watching him pretty closely. And in the off chance that Mike himself-- or his car in that parking lot there-- were being watched, he didn't want to send Jesse to do that errand. He likes Jesse, so if Jesse is caught retrieving the bag, he's done for. He couldn't care less if Walter is caught, so there you go.

Quote:
Another little nitpick, but those gangsters that Mike and Jesse were going to sell the methylamine to just roll over because Heisenburg shows up? Sure he killed Gus, but surely they know he's no empire. They're looking at his empire. Maybe it's just because we haven't seen the impact Walt's product has had on other operations in the area, but it seemed a little iffy that those guys would be strong-armed into a partnership so easily.
That seems like it was simply for the money. Walter was right-- they could make WAY more selling his stuff then then could selling the junk they already were. Plus, if those guys realize that Walter was able to take down Gus fucking Fring, what chance would they have taking him on?

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #38
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
I want to know why the hell Walt was in New Hampshire at the beginning of the season!! With an M60!!!! I hope they haven't filmed that part so I can go watch it get filmed lol...

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Old 08-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #39
The Bum-Mobile

But to me Mike could've said "Saul, you have plenty of people. Send one of them, you yourself don't have to go." I get that he likes Jesse, so he's out, but it still just seems like he would've known what Walt was thinking.

As for the rival gangsters, maybe you're right. In fact, Walt almost certainly was right; they could make much more money in a partnership. Maybe I'm just do caught up in gangster-stereotypes that I was assuming these guys would say "Fuck you and your meth, we can kill you right now."

Again, all little nitpicks. I'm a huge fan.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #40
Takamura Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I want to know why the hell Walt was in New Hampshire at the beginning of the season!! With an M60!!!! I hope they haven't filmed that part so I can go watch it get filmed lol...
At this point in the timeline it's likely that Walt was forced to run away from something back home. The wedding ring on his finger is nowhere to be seen, which suggests his connection and relationship with Skyler is all but over. Unless, of course, she's bitten the dust.

The M60 in the trunk obviously foreshadows a big shootout later on, but whom is the target of such heavy weaponry? The DEA must be heavy on his tail here or other big players of the drug world. Hank gunning down Walt would be fucking ace.

I just can't shake the feeling that Walt has done something horrible prior to the diner scene. It feels me with a certain unease. Crikey, just thinking that certain characters may have been killed off at that point in the story and not knowing until next year is disturbing.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #41
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The motto on license plate most likely foreshadows what's going to happen (as it's also the title of the first episode in the season). That's why it was New Hampshire. At the beginning of the show, though, he was in New Mexico, not New Hampshire. That's why the waitress asked if he was going to California.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yeah it bugs the hell out of me that they keep calling the episodes to air next year a part of the fifth season. Why not just call it a sixth? With the length of time in between "halves" it definitely feels like an all-new season.

*Spoilers and speculation ahead!*

But yeah, it was tough seeing Mike go. And I saw it coming, dammit. Ever since that brief Heat mention a few episodes earlier (Hank says to Walt Jr he picked up the Blu-Ray and asks if he wants to watch.) I've been drawing comparisons. Mike is DeNiro. When he sees the cops coming in the park, and he's deciding to leave his granddaughter or turn himself up, he leaves. When DeNiro sees Pacino at the end, he leaves his girlfriend in the car. Even the finale between Walt and Mike was Heat-like. Their conversation prior to the shooting like the diner scene in Heat, and even then when Mike sort of escapes it's a little stand-off-y like the end of Heat. And then of course there's the Scarface connection that has been brought up. Tony kills Manny on a spur-of-the-moment thing, and I think, because Mike was sort of 'disrespecting' Walter, who is now all about his ego and not the money, Walt was pissed and killed him. Maybe he was planning on it before, he already had the gun out after all, but it seemed like he let it go, then he raged!

I don't mean to sound bitchy; I really love this show. Not as much as The Wire, maybe, but more than everything else.

I made the same comment to my girlfriend when we finished "Say My Name" myself about Mike always being one step ahead of everybody and having Jason Bourne-like senses and questioned him getting bested by Walt the way he did. The answer is simple, he was distraught. He had to swallow every ounce of his pride and leave his grand-daughter, the one thing we know he cares about and sole motivation for his monetary-criminal gains and actions, all alone in a park and run away like a coward. His heart was broken. In that scene behind the tree, you could see it in his eyes. After that he wasn't thinking about any gun in a bag. He was thinking he just left his grand-daughter alone in a park surrounded by police and that even though he knows she will be safe, he's failed her and he's never going to see her again.

I like your thinking and your comparisons to Scarface and Heat and agree that The Wire is one of the best shows ever made but I do like Breaking Bad better now. I discuss this show alot because I take it seriously too, I think it's that good. So good in fact that I have realized it's completely unpredictable to me but I have an idea about an ending myself.

All roads have always seemed to point toward the inevitable showdown between Walt and Hank, which I believe will be the case to some degree. Although a Scarface-esque final stand isn't what I see actually happening anymore, despite the mysterious M60 in the trunk of "Live Free Or Die." I was thinking, when Hank does close in on Walt and has concrete evidence on him, I could see Walt manipulating him with some pretty heavy stuff I've yet to see anybody mention.

"Tell me this Hank, how do you intend to explain to your friends in the DEA that your own brother-in-law is the infamous and elusive Heisenburg? To the ones who think you're "Elliot Ness" and pieced together a fry-cook as the head of the largest methamphetamine operation north of the Mexican border but was so blind in his own ambition, that he couldn't see the man that he has really been chasing for the past two years was sitting across from him all this time, beating him at poker over a beer at the family barbeque. Do you think their faces will still be friendly when they see that I am the source of the money that paid for your rehabilitation and recovery after you were gunned down by the Mexican cartel? I am the reason you walk, Hank. I don't have to explain to a DEA agent of your caliber how a RICO trial will work, so unless you want to be sitting right next to me, hand in hand-cuffed hand at the trial - this conversation is finished. For all intensive purposes when we walk out of here, you'll go back to doing what it is that you do best - covering my tracks. And I'll go back to doing what I do best - providing for my family."
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #43
The Bum-Mobile

That blackmail idea is great! And yeah, I also don't see Walter fending off waves of DEA or cartel gangsters. But that gun (Was it an M60? I just saw it was a rifle, some big rifle, I didn't realize it was a machine gun!) also may just be a red herring. Maybe it's never used, I can see it being seized or something.

But if Walt blackmails Hank it kind of puts him in a Walt-like situation; he'd need to keep his mouth shut and live with it.

As for Mike, I guess you're right. Even to bring it back to Heat, when DeNiro leaves his girlfriend, someone he clearly cares for, that's when he gets it. Pacino shoots him and it's over. And it makes sense; I can't argue that Mike was some Terminator. No matter how smart he was, he was only human and could make careless mistakes. I just can't help but feel that he got sort of shafted by having Walter kill him. I'd imagine that this was the writers were aiming to show that Walter is now completely ruthless (I feel that, despite obvious differences he respected Mike as a professional.) and that he's sort of unstoppable. Of course, if either of our hunches are right there'll be some ironic end to his legacy.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #44
punker

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Season finale is tomorrow, and that ricin Walt stashed away in the premiere is still sitting there hidden behind the outlet in his bedroom. Just sayin'.

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #45
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
All roads have always seemed to point toward the inevitable showdown between Walt and Hank, which I believe will be the case to some degree. Although a Scarface-esque final stand isn't what I see actually happening anymore, despite the mysterious M60 in the trunk of "Live Free Or Die." I was thinking, when Hank does close in on Walt and has concrete evidence on him, I could see Walt manipulating him with some pretty heavy stuff I've yet to see anybody mention.

"Tell me this Hank, how do you intend to explain to your friends in the DEA that your own brother-in-law is the infamous and elusive Heisenburg? To the ones who think you're "Elliot Ness" and pieced together a fry-cook as the head of the largest methamphetamine operation north of the Mexican border but was so blind in his own ambition, that he couldn't see the man that he has really been chasing for the past two years was sitting across from him all this time, beating him at poker over a beer at the family barbeque. Do you think their faces will still be friendly when they see that I am the source of the money that paid for your rehabilitation and recovery after you were gunned down by the Mexican cartel? I am the reason you walk, Hank. I don't have to explain to a DEA agent of your caliber how a RICO trial will work, so unless you want to be sitting right next to me, hand in hand-cuffed hand at the trial - this conversation is finished. For all intensive purposes when we walk out of here, you'll go back to doing what it is that you do best - covering my tracks. And I'll go back to doing what I do best - providing for my family."
Are you Vince Gilligan?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #46
Takamura Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
Season finale is tomorrow, and that ricin Walt stashed away in the premiere is still sitting there hidden behind the outlet in his bedroom. Just sayin'.
Completely forgot about this. Which bedroom, though? The one in his normal home that he shares with Skyler, or the one in his other apartment?

Hmm. Calling it now: Holly gets poisoned.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #47
punker

It was at the house. Skyler was sleeping right next to it without knowing. Or maybe she wasn't... I don't think they're sleeping in the same bed any longer.

I'm totally amped for the finale tonight. Got a few people coming over to watch it, too. The Mrs. is making bacon banana cookies and tater tots with Franch dressing. Seriously.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #48
The Bum-Mobile

So that finale... I thought when Hank was sitting on the toiled he'd find Walt Jr's (Imaginary?) drugs. But you have to admit the evidence is there. Even this episode, WJ just leaves the conversation on the phone with his friend.

So now Walt's out (Didn't see that coming, I thought he'd stay Scarface until the end!) and I presume dodging Hank for the rest of the season? Because there has to be more evidence than a signed book, right? But I guess, at this point, Hank knows in his gut that Walt's his man.

Jesse's got his money, but it seems like if Walt goes, Jesse goes, so maybe they'll rekindle a partnership?

But then there's still the matter of the intro to season five, the 52-year-old, gun-toting Walt. It's pretty bold of them to show that image so far in advance; we won't see that until at LEAST the first episode next year. Though I'm assuming that's closer to the end of the series. But is he using that gun against the DEA? I can't imagine Walt's just out like that, so easily. Surely SOMEONE'S pissed off enough to pursue him.

I don't know, I'm really kind of in the dark for these next eight episodes. We all knew Hank would figure it out eventually, but I didn't think he'd have this much time left in the series. Maybe the show picks up right where it just left off, maybe the ricin comes into play? They were talking about Hank's brew... I realize I'm being speculative to the point of being annoying, but it's an obsession at this point.

Last edited by The Bum-Mobile; 09-03-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #49
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
I applaud the writers of this show. This was the perfect cliff hanger to have me come back in six months for the rest of the season.

I, too, thought Hank wasn't going to find out until way later in the series.

I think Hank will either a) confront Walt about his findings or b) try to find more evidence before really doing anything.

And if Hank does confront Walt, I think Walt will try and use the 'I'm out and I've been out' excuse to try and dodge what's coming to him.

I was all like:

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
11.11.14. Halo 2.

Last edited by Ctrl Alt Defeat; 09-03-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #50
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I wonder what's the first thing Hank will do as soon as he steps out of the potty. No way he could frame Walt with minimal evidence. After the family get together he'll probably scramble to the DEA and give Gomie a heads up.

Also, Todd's uncle mentioned that the killing of the 10 inmates would be tougher than the raid that killed Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden died on May 2nd, 2011. But canon-wise, shouldn't yesterday's episode take place sometime in 2009?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #51
punker

Those final few minutes were intense as hell. It was like watching a horror movie... everything is peaceful and nice, but you know SOMETHING is about to happen. I really liked the subtle ending in comparison to the past four season finales-- a guy punched to death, a plane crash, a gunshot murder and an explosion. Just the close up on Hank's face when he realizes everything was pretty perfect.

Even the most meticulous criminal makes mistakes. Fring made one and was killed for it. Walt has had a few oversights just this season... he thought he had everything with Fring wrapped up until thinking about the camera feed. He thought the train robbery went perfectly until the kid showed up. Leaving the book lying around the house was probably just a matter of him thinking nobody would ever be snooping around and looking at it... at least nobody who would ever know who "G.B." was.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #52
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
Walt conveniently leaving the Walt Whitman book from Gale on the back of the toilet seemed like an uncharacteristic move. Then again, I wonder if Skyler placed it there for him to find?

Epic finish to the hands down best season of the show. I firmly believe there is no better show on television today, maybe ever, that has been written so well and has maybe the best cast of actors of all time.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #53
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
I applaud the writers of this show. This was the perfect cliff hanger to have me come back in six months for the rest of the season.

I, too, thought Hank wasn't going to find out until way later in the series.

I think Hank will either a) confront Walt about his findings or b) try to find more evidence before really doing anything.

And if Hank does confront Walt, I think Walt will try and use the 'I'm out and I've been out' excuse to try and dodge what's coming to him.

I was all like:
the pics made my wife and I LOL.

I'm really interested in how Hank handles it. He's obviously going to be very upset and feel betrayed beyond understanding, by not only Walt, but Skyler.

But, Hank's boss was fired for being a friend of Fring at the beginning of the season. Hank is enviably closer to Walt. Not only that, but Walt's meth money paid for Hank's rehabilitation.

Exposing Walt would not only lose Hank his career, but he could also lose his home and possibly be charged as an accessory or conspirator, there would be some evidence there to suggest it as a possibility. So, it's going to be interesting if Hank sacrifices himself and his family to do his job.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #54
Shiftie

Hank will go after Walt whether it means he loses his job or not. The Heisenberg/Fring case has been his life even when he was in rehab and after the case was considered closed, so really I don't think Hank will stop at anything to bring Walt to justice.

As for how it all plays out it could be a few different ways, from a big shootout (hence the M60), or a violent escape to perhaps the Czech Republic. Wish we didn't have to wait a year to see it.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #55
Takamura Bear

First of all, I would like to point out that the montage of all nine of Mike's guys being taken out in brutal fashion in the space of a few minutes was simply spectacular and probably one of the most well-executed scenes (among many) yet seen in the entire show. But, yes, what a cliffhanger of an ending that was. Nobody else spot the metaphor of poetic justice here?

Now, one thing that a few may not have picked up on was the possible reason for Walt's decision to opt out of the business so suddenly. He said he was in the "empire business", so why stop now? Two scenes said it all for me: Walt going for the MRI scan and the bathroom scene. Yes, he may have received bad news that the cancer has returned, at least from my perspective it has, so he may want to spend the remaining time he has left with his family.

Now as for Hank, the realization that his brother in law is none other than the Heisenberg he has been chasing this whole time, I'm not so sure he will take this shocking discovery to Gomez and the DEA just yet -- more likely he'll confront Walt face-to-face first for questioning, which may then lead to him discovering Skyler's connection with the money laundering.

If you found out that a close member of your family was one of the biggest drug kingpins in the county, would you turn them in or try to understand their reasons and keep it to yourself? Although I suppose being in the position of the higher-ups in the DEA, that decision may not be so simple. He did find his Heisenberg guy in the end, so he could take it as a personal victory that no one else ever has to know about. Or turn him in, even though the cancer is going to get him sooner than later?

Hank is someone who likes the recognition of succeeding at something, especially amongst his peers. Him bringing down the great Heisenberg would be enough for him propel his reputation (and ego) to the sky and above. But for the sake of the fingers being pointed at him, questions raised on who paid for his rehabilitation treatment, the fear of blackmail, his career and family...is it really worth bringing this revelation to the forefront with such dangerous repercussions?

Other than that, I raise my glass (and a bag of the blue stuff) to Vince Gilligan and the team for another spectacular first half of a season. This really is the best show on television. It has everything -- a great script, writing, dark comedy, colorful and flawed characters, and most of all a phenomenal cast.

Oh, and after Breaking Bad is finished, Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) seriously needs to get his own spinoff show. That shit would be classic.

Last edited by Takamura Bear; 09-04-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Takamura Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #56
WalterWhite

Season Five Part Two Spoilers:

We get to know a little bit about Hank's work on Mars before he returned to Earth and joined the DEA. Image below. You heard it here first. Now let's hope the Mayans were wrong!

He's almost got a post-explosion Gus Fring thing going on.
And yes that's him. I'll save you the trip over to IMDB.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 11-03-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #57
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
Oh, and after Breaking Bad is finished, Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) seriously needs to get his own spinoff show. That shit would be classic.
Bringing back Mr. Show would probably be better.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #58
TacticalTodger
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to TacticalTodger Send a message via Skype™ to TacticalTodger

SAUSAGE R0LLS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Wowwwwwwww fuck the writers of this show leaving it like that!!! Well because of the intro of season 5 I'm going to say he gets away somehow as he actually has hair and a new identity so one would assume Hank plans to drop it on Jesse maybe :P

Oh btw it's not 6 months.

The second half of the split season is scheduled to premiere in summer 2013

SOURCE: http://tvline.com/2012/05/21/breakin...ell-on-wheels/
TacticalTodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #59
WalterWhite

Aaron Paul posted this on Twitter today, it's pretty awesome.

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ALL FIVE SEASONS

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-15-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #60
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
Got caught up with this series, I can't wait for it to start again next year! "Shut up and let me die in peace"
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote