PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Windows Phone
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
MickeyT

MickeyT's Gamercard
Question WP Popped achvmts, show in game, but nowhere else?

As the title says, I popped a few achievements yesterday on pool pro online 3, and burn the rope, they all show in the in-game achievement list but not on my WP or xbox.

Tried all the usual stuff restarting / rebooting phone, but nothing happens I'm still at the same score, I know sometimes xbox has a brain fart and doesn't update right away.. but did anyone have this happen yesterday? (weds the 8th?)

MT360.net/LIVE
MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
May be an obvious question but your phone does have a connection to live over 3G or wireless right?
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
palnew

PAL In XBOX360's Gamercard
It happened to me too..
I've unlocked the "The things I've seen" achievement in Rocket Riot ,
The achievement appeared as usual at the top of the screen but when viewing my achievements (even on Xbox.com) it is still being locked...

Is there any way to fix it without reinstall the game?? :-(
palnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
MickeyT

MickeyT's Gamercard
I forgot to say, I do have 3G and it was on at the time of unlocking the achvmts

But just like Palnew said it popped at the top of the screen the green bar that shows the achvmt, later I went to check my achvmts and nothing is there.

I played parachute panic, and the achvmts popped as normal..

I think it will be a case of deleting the game and playing again. I'm going to leave it for a day or so incase it's my phone playing up..

Since the achvmts are showing in both games as unlocked but nit showing anywhere else?

MT360.net/LIVE
Old 08-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
As the title says, I popped a few achievements yesterday on pool pro online 3, and burn the rope, they all show in the in-game achievement list but not on my WP or xbox.

Tried all the usual stuff restarting / rebooting phone, but nothing happens I'm still at the same score, I know sometimes xbox has a brain fart and doesn't update right away.. but did anyone have this happen yesterday? (weds the 8th?)
Yes, this happened to me yesterday too. Two out of 13 achievements I unlocked didn't show up. I had to delete the game, reinstall, and then get the achievements again to finally have it unlock.
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
MickeyT

MickeyT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
Yes, this happened to me yesterday too. Two out of 13 achievements I unlocked didn't show up. I had to delete the game, reinstall, and then get the achievements again to finally have it unlock.
Something must have been going on since I had two achievements pop but not show on my card.. it's annoying since one of them was the 80% achievement for online wins in Pool Pro online WP.. I'm hoping if I delete the game it will delete my stats since I'm over 80%

On a good note I started playing parachute panic to see if it's achievements would pop and they did, and im loving the game!

If anyone hasn't played or got it now, I recommend it.. simple and fun!

MT360.net/LIVE
Old 08-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
eskwen

Eskwen's Gamercard
You can try to try the game and uninstall it and then buy it.Or you can rate the game.
The things happened to me before,either. It seems a good solution.
eskwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Repo

Send a message via MSN to Repo

x RepoUK x's Gamercard
This has happened to me a few times with different games. Just go back and play a bit and then exit and it often registers.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
palnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
Do you mean all I need is delete it & reinstall it and the achievement will pops out again?
I thought i need to play the game all over again.. :-(
Old 08-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by palnew View Post
Do you mean all I need is delete it & reinstall it and the achievement will pops out again?
I thought i need to play the game all over again.. :-(
I meant that I deleted, restarted the game, and played the whole game over to get the achievements I needed.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Lavindathar
Gaming God

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
came here to make this same topic. I hit 200g on Splinter Cell and in game shows 200g. Xbox is showing 17/20 achievements.

Really mad as im missing one for completing the game. Really cha doing it again.
Lavindathar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
Lavindathar
Gaming God

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter
Sigh. Straight after making this post happens again but on Nfs. Unlocked 3 cheevos within 2 mins. 1st and 3rd show on Xbox.com
2nd doesn't. Might stop playing wp7 as its messing my completion % up.

Was connected to WiFi at all times.

Edit - uninstalled nfs and re earnt them. Unfortunately with splinter cell seems I have to complete again.

Last edited by Lavindathar; 08-10-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Just noticed this has happened to me too on Chicken's Can't Fly with "Chicken can escape ghosts!" and it sucks. I'm not sure whether it's a good idea for me to delete it now and re-do it or whether I should earn all the other achievements first.

It would be annoying though to supposedly have earned all golds on the game before all the bronzes on a single level on my list...

And yes, I was connected to Wi-Fi (and 3G) at the time.

Edit: ARGH, I deleted my game, re-downloaded and went and earned it again. It popped up again so I was hopeful, but as soon as I checked my earned achievements on my GamerCard for the game and my score it still hasn't reflected it! I messaged the dev using the suggestion box, but I think I'll have to e-mail them too...

And I know it's just that achievement because I unlocked another one which showed up fine.

Last edited by Racxie; 08-10-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Racxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #14
matthewh00

Matthewh00's Gamercard
This kinda happened to me with Bug Village.
I got the level 25 achievement and on the Xbox, Xbox.com and everywhere it says i have 200/200 7/7 achievements but when i go on the game from the achievement list it shows 6 out of 7 unlocked. [Pics below]
So it shows as completed but not in a way.

Last edited by matthewh00; 08-10-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: pics
matthewh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh00 View Post
This kinda happened to me with Bug Village.
I got the level 25 achievement and on the Xbox, Xbox.com and everywhere it says i have 200/200 7/7 achievements but when i go on the game from the achievement list it shows 6 out of 7 unlocked. [Pics below]
So it shows as completed but not in a way.

From what I've understood as long as it shows up on xbox.com it counts, but that is really weird...
Old 08-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
Lavindathar
Gaming God

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Matthew your fine, you have it counting. Whatever shows on Xbox.com is the one that matters. Unfortunately for everyone else we are the opposite of you. Showing in game but not Xbox.

I just delete splinter cell sigh. Gonna start again
Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #17
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Matthew your fine, you have it counting. Whatever shows on Xbox.com is the one that matters. Unfortunately for everyone else we are the opposite of you. Showing in game but not Xbox.

I just delete splinter cell sigh. Gonna start again
Good luck! As you might have seen in my post I edited it because I went for the achievement and it popped up again and everything, only for it not to show! And I know it's just that achievement because I earned another one in the process which has shown up just fine.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #18
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
bah, just found out that speed demon in asphalt 5 has done this to me, it popped the other day, was at a friends, but connected with HSDPA (H icon in top of screen) all other achievements worked fine, only notced after quitting out of game my tag said 75 g rather than 85 g next to the game

i had no battery saving mode on or anything, i disabled that incase of this very problem with it disabling connecftion when it feels like it (yet still saving no power) annoyed that it was that achievement, its about half way through the game (and i'm bored already, with the rest still to do)

not as bad as assassins creed though, the combo achievement did me on that, it was the last thing i got, didn't notice til i deleted the game.....

121 games completed
40 - RETAIL 27 - XBLA 50 - WP7 3 - GFWL1 WEB
GR4V1G0R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #19
palnew

Will MICROSOFT fix this issue??
Comon'!! It's so painful to play the game all over again !! ;|
Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #20
zed1676

El Achievenador's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR4V1G0R3 View Post
bah, just found out that speed demon in asphalt 5 has done this to me, it popped the other day, was at a friends, but connected with HSDPA (H icon in top of screen) all other achievements worked fine, only notced after quitting out of game my tag said 75 g rather than 85 g next to the game

i had no battery saving mode on or anything, i disabled that incase of this very problem with it disabling connecftion when it feels like it (yet still saving no power) annoyed that it was that achievement, its about half way through the game (and i'm bored already, with the rest still to do)

not as bad as assassins creed though, the combo achievement did me on that, it was the last thing i got, didn't notice til i deleted the game.....
Dude, your only halfway, my one on ASSphalt 5 is the very last one, the one where it says youve unlocked every other achievement and there is a surprise in the garage. Yeah, my surprise is i never got my final cheevo. Its in game but no where else so going to have to do the whole game from the begininnig

At least its not as bad as Cro-Mag Rally i guess...

zed1676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
why is everyone jumping the gun and deleting game saves? Obviously since lots of folks are having the issue across many games it is an issue with Xbox live servers and their connection to windows phone. People are too antsy...problems similar to this occur and work them selves out. It hasn't even been 24hours for most and folks are deleting and reinstalling left and right.

GOAL : 250,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2014 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 113 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
Lavindathar
Gaming God

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
why is everyone jumping the gun and deleting game saves? Obviously since lots of folks are having the issue across many games it is an issue with Xbox live servers and their connection to windows phone. People are too antsy...problems similar to this occur and work them selves out. It hasn't even been 24hours for most and folks are deleting and reinstalling left and right.
Its been nearly three or four days since it happened to mine. And if it happened to allnvheevos id wait.

But, if it happens to say a middle one (as in, cheevos unlocked after it appear on Xbox.com) it isn't going to unlock. The servers gave updated, but obviously a problem has occured.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #23
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
i've never done it intentionally, the AC achievement was the last one i needed, so when i got it, i deleted the game, only to find it didnt track on my tag

also, i have experience of GFWL, and how broken that shit is, why it can't track properly is beyond me, and why i can't load it up without starting a GFWL game is just retarded...maybe thats the problem, its an overlay, not a self contained application....hope it's sorted out for W8 & WP8

they need to make saves seperate, or at least give us cloud storage for saves, so if/when we either get a new phone / it breaks or something as messed up as tracking fails we don't have to play the entire thing again

don't think i'm gonna start anymore new games until i get a new phone, unless they are quick and painless... i've got lots to finish on this one and my upgrade will be in january

121 games completed
40 - RETAIL 27 - XBLA 50 - WP7 3 - GFWL1 WEB
GR4V1G0R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #24
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Because it's a solution that works in a lot of cases (e.g. Sonic racing game), and for some us it was worth a try. I gave up after re-trying the first time and am giving it some time (maybe half a week/a week) and if it still won't unlock then something is definitely broken...

Edit: Also considering say in my case just the one achievement didn't unlock but everything else has, and one achievement even unlocked fine in the progress of re-doing the other one so it's not the whole system.

Last edited by Racxie; 08-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Racxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racxie View Post
Because it's a solution that works in a lot of cases (e.g. Sonic racing game), and for some us it was worth a try. I gave up after re-trying the first time and am giving it some time (maybe half a week/a week) and if it still won't unlock then something is definitely broken...

Edit: Also considering say in my case just the one achievement didn't unlock but everything else has, and one achievement even unlocked fine in the progress of re-doing the other one so it's not the whole system.
Interesting. Well still if you play offline it is unlocked in game. But when it syncs back online at a later time the server extracts your unlocked achievements from the game. Even if you are online it still can take a while.

Once I unlocked all achievements in a game then deleted the game and turns out the achievements didn't sync and had to redo them.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #26
Lavindathar
Gaming God

Lavindathar's Gamercard

I understand your point but, take my case.

A game has 20 achievements. All are unlocked in game and it shows 20/20. Xbox.com are showing 17/20.

imagine the achievements are unlocked in. Sequential order 1 through 20. Xbox.com misses off number 7, number 10 and number 19.

You know throat they then won't unlock as Xbox.com has already retrieved the data from the game, as proven by an achievement numbered one later than the missing ones being uploaded. In this case, 8,11 and 20.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #27
NickoB1

Mr Heathcliff's Gamercard
This issue just happened to me with Fable Coin Golf with the Gold Medal achievement - total bullshit! so the only way i can do it now is to delete and start all over again with this boring game. i'll not be buying any more WP games until i know this issue is fixed.
NickoB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #28
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
I understand your point but, take my case.

A game has 20 achievements. All are unlocked in game and it shows 20/20. Xbox.com are showing 17/20.

imagine the achievements are unlocked in. Sequential order 1 through 20. Xbox.com misses off number 7, number 10 and number 19.

You know throat they then won't unlock as Xbox.com has already retrieved the data from the game, as proven by an achievement numbered one later than the missing ones being uploaded. In this case, 8,11 and 20.
Yeah I get that. Obviously there is some kind of issue throughout all games that is happening. It is best just to wait it out I presume, not deleting your games or playing any new games and waiting until this is addressed. Luckily I havent played in a several days by coincidence and have not had any issues..

Old 08-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #29
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Happened again to me yesterday with Sally's Spa. Going to stop playing/buying all WP7 games until this shit is sorted out.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #30
Stealth David

Stealth David's Gamercard
Maybe someone should PM someone on the news team and try and get a post on the main page to get this fix and warn people about this bullshit!