PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
thormario

Not getting "Oblivion Walker"

Yeah, another topic about this. I have been googling my ass off to sort this out without results. This forum has many threads with helpful members, who surely must be tired of these topics.
Anyhow, I really can't see why I'm not granted the achievement. The stats tells me I've finished 15 deadric quests, and I have all the items in a chest in my home.

Wabbajack
Ebony Mail
Ebony Blade
Sanguine Rose
Azura Star
Dawnbreaker
Mace of Molag Bal
Masque of C. Vile
Mehrunes' Razor
Oghma Infinium
Ring of Namira
Savior's Hide
Skull of Corruption
Spellbreaker
Volundrung

None of the respective quests remains in the list of active quests.
I've restarted the game without any luck. I had a marathon today, and when I was turning in the last quest I was met with nothing but disappointment.
Any solutions?
thormario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Darthgamer138

Darthgamer138's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thormario View Post
Yeah, another topic about this. I have been googling my ass off to sort this out without results. This forum has many threads with helpful members, who surely must be tired of these topics.
Anyhow, I really can't see why I'm not granted the achievement. The stats tells me I've finished 15 deadric quests, and I have all the items in a chest in my home.

Wabbajack
Ebony Mail
Ebony Blade
Sanguine Rose
Azura Star
Dawnbreaker
Mace of Molag Bal
Masque of C. Vile
Mehrunes' Razor
Oghma Infinium
Ring of Namira
Savior's Hide
Skull of Corruption
Spellbreaker
Volundrung

None of the respective quests remains in the list of active quests.
I've restarted the game without any luck. I had a marathon today, and when I was turning in the last quest I was met with nothing but disappointment.
Any solutions?
The book does not count.
Darthgamer138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Have you completed the Thieves' Guild quest line?

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
thormario

According to very guide I've found and read, the book counts as much as any other artifact :s

No, I have not completed Thieves Guild on this character.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The book counts, but only AFTER you read it, and it disappears. Counter-intuitive, I know.

People seem split about whether the Skeleton Key counts, but I go the achievement after getting 15 including the key, so I'd say it probably does...

On the other hand, I used a bug to get both the Savior's Hide AND Hircine's Ring from Ill Met by Moonlight, so it may be because they both counted... nobody seems entirely clear on THAT, either.

One thing I CAN tell you is that the achievement triggers from 'Completing 15 Daedric quests resulting in receiving a Daedric Artifact', rather than specifically OWNING 15 such artifacts. It triggered for me after completing 'The Cursed Tribe', but BEFORE picking up the Volendrung.

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
People seem split about whether the Skeleton Key counts, but I go the achievement after getting 15 including the key, so I'd say it probably does...
The skeleton key belongs to Nocturnal, a Daedric Prince. Oblivion Walker unlocked for me when I obtained it, so it definitely counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
thormario

Thanks for the response guys. Well I guess I'll get the key theb.
I jusr don't understand why I have to :l
Old 08-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Ephidel

Ephidel's Gamercard
Don't listen to these people, everyone is fucking clueless about this at the moment. Bethesda have no idea, PC users have searched the console for it, and idiots keep going over the traces telling us to do the things we already fucking knew.

This is bullshit and it affects a very small number of people. I did all 15, finished the Thieves Guild, and tried a multitude of different ways to no avail. My guess is to glitch Hircine's Quest, as that's the only way for people like us to get it now. If you don't have that save anymore, you'll need to start over.

This was my third time and I used UESP, X360A and TA to assure me of getting the Achievement and NOTHING!!!

Fuck it, I know I did everything perfectly and for some reason, a handful of us get screwed for this Achievement. I still can't figure out the cause though.

My last 2 Daedric Quests were Vaermina's and then Namira's btw. Which ones were your last ones?
Ephidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
BlackDragon

My last two were Malacath's and Vaermina's, and I got the achievement after Malacath's. But like I said, I bugged my way into getting both the Savior's Hide and Hircine's Ring, and some claim that doing so does, in fact, count for two. So it's possible that one of my earlier artifacts didn't count. Or that the achievement is just mistuned to actually trigger on 16 instead of 15...

Incidentally, several of the Daedric Quests are quite nasty... which did you think were worst? I got somewhat nauseous from Namira's quest... which, I suppose, stands to reason considering that Namira is the Daedric Prince of Decay and Revulsion.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
thormario

My last quests was The Only Cure (Peryite) and Boethiah's Calling if I recall correctly (I am at work now, and since I had a marathon yesterday, I might be mixing it up, but I'm pretty sure I got that right).
I did check out guides as I went, but did not pay attention to what order I should finish the quests in. It shouldn't be necessary as long as I have all the items required. Also, I tend to keep my save files clean, having only one (or sometimes two in case I wonder if I might have screwed it up), so I don't have the option to go back.
It's really frustrating, as I have been going for all 60 achievements, and this is one of the last I need.

You know that feeling when you have played your ass off to get an achievement, and when you're done, and are eagerly looking forward to achievement notice, it doesn't appear? Bethesda may have killed some of my passion yesterday.

Edit: Is this thing a result of some update to the game? A guy I'm working with got the achievement without any trouble couple of months ago, so I was thinking that if I uninstall all updates, maybe I will get the achievement?

Last edited by thormario; 08-11-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Ephidel

Ephidel's Gamercard
Quote:
My last two were Malacath's and Vaermina's, and I got the achievement after Malacath's. But like I said, I bugged my way into getting both the Savior's Hide and Hircine's Ring, and some claim that doing so does, in fact, count for two. So it's possible that one of my earlier artifacts didn't count. Or that the achievement is just mistuned to actually trigger on 16 instead of 15...

Incidentally, several of the Daedric Quests are quite nasty... which did you think were worst? I got somewhat nauseous from Namira's quest... which, I suppose, stands to reason considering that Namira is the Daedric Prince of Decay and Revulsion.
Well, Namira's and Vaermina's were the primary ones I hated. Erandur deserved to live and Namira's is, like you said, nasty.

That said, I am a Werewolf now and it's way better and more enjoyable than I'd imagined.

@thormario : Yeah, I know about that frustration. I'm just finishing up Dawnguard now and all I'll have left is Oblivion Walker. If the Hircine glitch also doesn't work for me, I'll snap the fucking disc over my knee.

600+ hours, no joke. 3 playthroughs. I should have this Achievement by now.
Ephidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
According to this list, the Skeleton Key doesn't count...
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrimaedric_Artifacts

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
BlackDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
According to this list, the Skeleton Key doesn't count...
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrimaedric_Artifacts
And yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
The skeleton key belongs to Nocturnal, a Daedric Prince. Oblivion Walker unlocked for me when I obtained it, so it definitely counts.
Which is why I said...

Quote:
People seem split about whether the Skeleton Key counts.
Considering the philosophical difficulty inherent in proving a negative, however, I'm inclined to trust in Direkin. If just one person gets the achievement after obtaining the Skeleton Key, that proves that it counts. Even if others have FAILED to get it after obtaining the Skeleton Key, that just indicated that the achievement is unpredictably bugged.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
ChickinOnaChain

@Black Dragon...I haven't gotten this achievement yet but I've been working on it the past few days. I have 4 quests left to get it...or try to get it.

And you're right, it seems odd the Skyrim site says one thing but people have proved it can be obtained otherwise. I'll post what happens to me, when I do the quests that are left.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
thormario

Since Skeleton Key is my last hope, I'll have to hope for the achievement with the help of that artifact. I will post the result here, since the discussion is running.

Anyways, I want to thank you all for trying to help. It's nice to see players stick together, even though we can't help Bethesda that (seemingly) has f'ed this up pretty badly.

Edit: Getting the Skeleton Key did noy help.

Last edited by thormario; 08-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thormario View Post
Since Skeleton Key is my last hope, I'll have to hope for the achievement with the help of that artifact. I will post the result here, since the discussion is running.

Anyways, I want to thank you all for trying to help. It's nice to see players stick together, even though we can't help Bethesda that (seemingly) has f'ed this up pretty badly.

Edit: Getting the Skeleton Key did noy help.
Sounds like it's bugged for you. Sorry dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time

Last edited by Direkin; 08-12-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 AM   #17
ChickinOnaChain

I just got this a few minutes ago and I don't have the Skeleton Key. I had to double up on the Saviors Hide and Hircines Ring because I messed up getting one earlier in the Nightmare quest. I didn't read about it until it was too late.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #18
BlackDragon

So, the achievement didn't twig after you got Hircine's Ring, but it popped up after you got the Savior's Hide? I suppose that DOES prove that 'double dipping' in Hircine's quest counts for 2 as far as the achievement is concerned.

Which is interesting, because that means that I had 16 Daedric Artifacts (as far as I can count) by the time I got my Oblivion Walker achievement. Hmm. Based on that alone, I'd say that the achievement is actually set to 16 rather than 15, or that one of the other artifacts didn't count... but there are so many different reports about this, the most likely explanation is "It's just randomly, chaotically, screwed-up."

Old 08-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
ChickinOnaChain

I had to "double dip" on the ring/hide because I missed one. But even with that, I only had 15. I made a copy from a Skyrim site on what I'd get, from each quest and checked them off as I did them.

And like I said, no skeleton key. I haven't even started the Thieves Guild yet.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #20
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
i did all the quests and still nothing but iv been wondering do i have to collect and pick up the artifacts? cuz i sold most of them.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
ChickinOnaChain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
i did all the quests and still nothing but iv been wondering do i have to collect and pick up the artifacts? cuz i sold most of them.
At the bottom of this link, it says even if you sell or lose the artifact, you'll get the achievement... http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrimaedric_Artifacts

Old 08-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #22
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
At the bottom of this link, it says even if you sell or lose the artifact, you'll get the achievement... http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrimaedric_Artifacts
thanks but it still doesnt work. Iv heard that u have to make certine choices in order to get the cheevo so is this true cuz if it is im screwed i think if i can find where sinding went after i did the mission that sould be all 15 and i cant get the staff from downstar since that priest destroyed it so sinding is the only one i havent killed but iv finished the mission already and he took a right path but i cant seem to find him again does anybody know where he is or am i screwed?

Last edited by Darkforce412; 08-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Darkforce412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
BlackDragon

Most likely, you're screwed. In Hircine's quest, either choice counts as a Daedric Artifact, but if you've made poor choices on some of the others (For example: Chosing to kill the dog in Clavicus Vile's quest, chosing to attack the cannibals in Namira's quest, letting the priest destroy the staff in Vaermina's quest), then getting both MIGHT save your bacon.

The general method for getting both artifacts from Hircine's quest is to first take the 'right' choice - side with Sindig, kill the hunters, then exit the cave where you encounter Hircine, and he rewards you with the ring. Then re-enter the cave and kill Sindig, causing Hircine to materialize AGAIN and award you the Savior's Hide.

However, if you wait too long, Sindig will most likely de-spawn. If you've returned to the cavern where the quest took place (Bloated Man's Grotto), and found it empty, then yeah - you're probably screwed. Don't sweat it, though - you've got plenty of company there. >_>

Old 08-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #24
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
Quote:
Most likely, you're screwed. In Hircine's quest, either choice counts as a Daedric Artifact, but if you've made poor choices on some of the others (For example: Chosing to kill the dog in Clavicus Vile's quest, chosing to attack the cannibals in Namira's quest, letting the priest destroy the staff in Vaermina's quest), then getting both MIGHT save your bacon.

The general method for getting both artifacts from Hircine's quest is to first take the 'right' choice - side with Sindig, kill the hunters, then exit the cave where you encounter Hircine, and he rewards you with the ring. Then re-enter the cave and kill Sindig, causing Hircine to materialize AGAIN and award you the Savior's Hide.

However, if you wait too long, Sindig will most likely de-spawn. If you've returned to the cavern where the quest took place (Bloated Man's Grotto), and found it empty, then yeah - you're probably screwed. Don't sweat it, though - you've got plenty of company there. >_>
oh man that really sucks hey thanks for responding guess i gotta start all over dam. wow just wow, i started all over picked up all 15 items made all the evil choices and still nothing. This is total bull crap.

Last edited by Darkforce412; 08-20-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Darkforce412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #25
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
I just did the quest for the ring and the hide and my Daedric count was 8 prior to starting the cave part. After it was up by 1 to 9. and I got both artifacts. Is this the normal way it works and internally it counts as 2.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
The book does not count.
The book does count, it did for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
ObviousTemple

ObviousTemple's Gamercard
The book counted for me as well but not until after I read it. I still have a Daedric quest left to do but the achievement popped for me after 14 quests due to getting both the Ring of Hircine and Savior's Hide. Also, I agree that the Namira quest was absolutely appalling, I've never had a game cause such a visceral reaction in me before (I totally dry heaved even though they didn't really show anything).
EDIT: I just remembered that the last quest I did was for the Ebony Blade and it may not have popped until after I leveled it by killing 2 people who trust me (I remember doing that and then reloading so that is the only reason I can think I would have done that)

Last edited by ObviousTemple; 02-26-2013 at 09:05 PM.
ObviousTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #28
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousTemple View Post
EDIT: I just remembered that the last quest I did was for the Ebony Blade and it may not have popped until after I leveled it by killing 2 people who trust me (I remember doing that and then reloading so that is the only reason I can think I would have done that)
This was my last Daedric Quest as well and Oblivion Walker did not pop when I got it so I thought I would kill two people and I got the "Excellent work child" from The Whispering Lady and still nothing.

I still have all of these in a chest in my house:
Mace of Molag Bal
Dawnbreaker
Spellbreaker
Sanguine’s Rose
The Black Star
Wabbajack
Mehrunes’ Razor
Savior’s Hide
Oghma Infinium
Ebony Mail
Skull of Corruption
Ring of Namira
Volendrug
Masque of Clavicus Vile
Ebony Blade

God Damn it!!!!! This is one of the last achievements I need and I made sure to pay special attention to these quests when doing them. After 340+ hours of playing the game I will not replay it to get one glitched achievement. FUCK!!! Now off to get Master Criminal and start/finish the Dragonborn DLC

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:19 AM   #29
Ryno71

Ryn071's Gamercard
Yeah, this is definitely glitched. I had 15 Daedric quests completed and 15 artifacts, but it didn't count for me either. Luckily, I was able to find a save from before I finished Ill Met By Moonlight. I did that and got both artifacts. I had hoped it would pop there, but it didn't, so I did the rest. I ended up having to get all 16. I'm not sure it was worth the extra 21 hours, but it least it worked.

It's hard to say exactly what works since it's glitched, but from my second run:
- I didn't have the skeleton key or the quest that gives it to you
- I didn't kill anyone with the Ebony Blade
- The book did count, but I didn't have to read it (it was my last one and got the achievement right after picking it up)

Last edited by Ryno71; 03-15-2013 at 03:57 AM. Reason: my math is bad
Ryno71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #30
cymonium

cymonium's Gamercard
Ryno: I had the same problem. Googled all day to find a reason why this achievement didn't pop up when I had all the quests completed and all the artifacts.

I thought it may have been because I had the Skeleton Key still with me, so I finished that quest. No change.

Then I decided to try to read the Oghma Infinium. Again, no change.

Finally, I tried my luck and went back to Bloated Man's Grotto. Thankfully Sinding was still there so I killed and skinned him. Hircine showed up again congratulating me. He gave me Savior's Hide and the achievement popped up!

Personally, I believe the only 'glitch' is that you actually have to have 16 artifacts instead of 15. That or both of the Hircine quests count towards completion.

PS: I have all three xpacs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn).

Cheers!
cymonium is offline   Reply With Quote