PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #31
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
I got the achievement without the Skeleton Key from the Thieves Guild. I haven't even started that guild yet. I got it with the 15 Daedric Artifact quests you get.

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #32
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
The book does not count.
My achievement popped right after getting the book.

The reason it doesn't count until after you read it is because the quest is still open until you do.

Which could be the reason some people say the key doesn't count, because they keep it, and that leaves the quest attached to it open, meaning the game doesn't register that you got the key until the quest is done.

This seems like the most reasonable explanation as to why some people may have 15 artifacts but not the achievement. Might want to double check those quests and see if any "failed" but you kept the artifact.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 04-18-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Midnight Malice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #33
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Just confirming that I also had to collect all 16 of the artifacts before the achievement would pop, as well. Glad I decided to snag the ring and the savior's hide just to be safe. That would have sucked. =/
Old 05-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #34
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
Someone else on PS3 forum also confirmed that it requires 16 items to pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/eld...lock-help.html
Old 06-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #35
XboxGirl

Had this problem, too. I'm still on patch 1.8 -- haven't downloaded 1.9 yet. My last Daedric quest was Malacath, which I completed a few minutes ago. Had 15 artifacts in my character's inventory, and Oblivion Walker didn't trigger.

After reading a few posts in this thread, I fast traveled to Bloated Man's Grotto. Hircine was one of the first Daedric quests I had done (I originally took the Ring of Hircine), and I decided to take a chance that Sinding was still prowling around. He was -- I killed him, got Savior's Hide, and Oblivion Walker triggered immediately after Hircine finished talking.

So I'm just confirming what others have found, too. Looks like the counter might be set to 16, not 15. If you originally took the Ring of Hircine and Sinding was alive when you left him, try going back to Bloated Man's Grotto and killing him. Hope that helps for everyone else in the same mess.
XboxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #36
Shovel Justice

Shovel Justice's Gamercard
Got this on the third try yesterday. I was surprised when it popped because I didn't even have to get the Ebony Mail, the last one I picked up was the Ebony Blade. I did get both the Ring of Hircine and the Savior's Hide this time, I'd never done that before.
Shovel Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:34 AM   #37
RockMan Respect

RockMan Respect's Gamercard
items

I got the Masque of Clavicus Vile and the achievement for just one item didn't pop. I went and got the mace from the haunted house achievement and that caused it to pop. Do you think I will have issues with Oblivion walker?
RockMan Respect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:48 AM   #38
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMan Respect View Post
I got the Masque of Clavicus Vile and the achievement for just one item didn't pop. I went and got the mace from the haunted house achievement and that caused it to pop. Do you think I will have issues with Oblivion walker?
As long as you collect all 16 of the artifacts you won't have any problems. The vile doesn't cause the first achievement to pop, for whatever reason. I didn't get the first achievement with the vile either but everything turned out fine.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #39
Emivader

Emivader's Gamercard
Talking

Guys, I finally got the Oblivion Walker achivement, I just went to Bloated Man's Grotto and killed Sinding 3 in-game years after the quest was completed, Hircine appeared, I got the Savior Hide and... surprise, surprise, THE FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT POPPED UP! I litterally jumped out of my seat celebrating. CHEEEEESE FOR EVERYONE!!!! And I didn't even got Volendruung because the "Cursed Tribe" quest was bugged as fuck. So if you did't tried to return to Bloated Man's Grotto and kill Sinding you definitely have to give it a try, I had in my hands every Daedric artifact that could possibly exist including the Skeleton Key, except Volendruung, that means I got 1 artifact out the margin of error. Finally, this was the last achievement I needed to the 100% and I tried to deal with the annoying bug in the "Cursed Tribe" quest but simply it won't trigger, however, the orcs dwelling Largashbur called me "Champion of Malacath" without even doing the quest. After +300 played hours in my main character I got it. I wasted 40 hours of my life getting the 15 artifacts in another character though.
Emivader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #40
Aronsky

Aronsky's Gamercard
Just got it. Had to go back and kill Sinding hours after I had completed that quest. He was in the exact same spot I left him. Killed him, god dude congratulated me, got Savior's Hide, and then achievement unlocked. So happy I don't have to start a whole new run due to one bugged achievement.

Other notes
- Have not gotten the skeleton key. Haven't even started thieves guild.
- Read the book after reading this post but that did nothing.
- Playing legendary edition.
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #41
IggulStar

IggulStar's Gamercard
I have read so much that i am stuck/confused. I haven't got the key, not that i don't think it matters. I took saviors hide first, didn't take the ring. I have a save with the book read and one where i haven't. I have 15 items but no achievement. Am i unfortunately in this?
IggulStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:20 AM   #42
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
Got 3 left I'm pretty sure I completed Waking Nightmare and dnt remember killing someone b4 getting the skull but my have its been awhile.

Ill have to check my stats.

nly have 3 items left and if I screwed myself on waking nightmre I have to go to that orc camp to get that item,and use the glitch o get 2 items instead of one when it comes to the ring and hide.

Gosh this achivement is stupid if I didnt know about Barabas I would have killed him.

Im not a cannibal but listened to the Daedra cuse they are supreme. I thought if they say jump you say how high ?

Im no cannibal but Namira asked me to eat a guy,I obeyed.

Really hope I get this achivement im worried about it.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #43
Revak Vith

Revak Vith's Gamercard
I don't know if this will work for you guys but it worked for my husband. He got all the items except the Key and the Book then went back to the Grotto and had to lure Sinding into attacking him by punching him until he appeared as an enemy! Then he stripped the hide from his flesh and Hircine appeared in the cave next to Sindings body using his ghostly form and awarded him the Hide. Then he went and got the Book and the achievement popped without having to use the Book. No Key needed.

Hope this helps!

~Revak Vith
Revak Vith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #44
UFC Fan 81

Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd just piggy back onto this one. I should have 15 artifacts. I've done every mission in the achievement guide except for one. I got both artifacts from the "Met by the moonlight" mission, which would make 15. Assuming I need to go do the one mission I am missing which is "the break of dawn". Problem is I cannot find Meridias beacon anywhere. I've googled it and it just says it is in a random chest. I'm about 90 hours in and haven't come across it. Tried clairvoyance with no luck. I've finished the thieves guild up until the point where I have the skeleton key, I just haven't turned it in yet. Any suggestions on where it might be? Or where it was on your playthrough? Any help is appreciated.
UFC Fan 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #45
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC Fan 81 View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd just piggy back onto this one. I should have 15 artifacts. I've done every mission in the achievement guide except for one. I got both artifacts from the "Met by the moonlight" mission, which would make 15. Assuming I need to go do the one mission I am missing which is "the break of dawn". Problem is I cannot find Meridias beacon anywhere. I've googled it and it just says it is in a random chest. I'm about 90 hours in and haven't come across it. Tried clairvoyance with no luck. I've finished the thieves guild up until the point where I have the skeleton key, I just haven't turned it in yet. Any suggestions on where it might be? Or where it was on your playthrough? Any help is appreciated.

For 'The Break of Dawn', Meridia's Quest....you can either find the Beacon randomly somewhere to start the quest or find Meridia's Shrine. Either way will begin the quest. So you don't have to find the Beacon first, just go to the shrine.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #46
UFC Fan 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maleval View Post
For 'The Break of Dawn', Meridia's Quest....you can either find the Beacon randomly somewhere to start the quest or find Meridia's Shrine. Either way will begin the quest. So you don't have to find the Beacon first, just go to the shrine.
I have been to the shrine. I have the quest. I click on the mission and no map comes up. I make it an active quest and try clairvoyance and get no path found. Not sure if it's a bug or what.
UFC Fan 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #47
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I've already completed the game before, so before someone assumes I'm an idiot, I assure you, such thoughts will not be received well. Anyways,

I have 15 artifacts, but the achievement never popped...this never happened to me on the old account. Do one of the ones I have not count anymore? I have: Dawnbreaker, Azura's Star, Ebony Mail, Ebony Blade, Namera's Ring, Hircine's Ring, Savoir's Hide, Masque of Vile, Skull of Corruption, Wabbajakk, Dagon's Razor, Molag's Mace, Vulendruug Hammer, Spellbreak Shield, and Oghma Infinium.

No achievement...Sanguine's Rose is the last artifact but I already have 15 Does the Infinium have to be used to count? Or does the Ebony Blade need to be filled by killing a companion to count? I never had this problem on the old account :/

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #48
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've already completed the game before, so before someone assumes I'm an idiot, I assure you, such thoughts will not be received well. Anyways,

I have 15 artifacts, but the achievement never popped...this never happened to me on the old account. Do one of the ones I have not count anymore? I have: Dawnbreaker, Azura's Star, Ebony Mail, Ebony Blade, Namera's Ring, Hircine's Ring, Savoir's Hide, Masque of Vile, Skull of Corruption, Wabbajakk, Dagon's Razor, Molag's Mace, Vulendruug Hammer, Spellbreak Shield, and Oghma Infinium.

No achievement...Sanguine's Rose is the last artifact but I already have 15 Does the Infinium have to be used to count? Or does the Ebony Blade need to be filled by killing a companion to count? I never had this problem on the old account :/
I'm not sure why it hasn't popped, but i can assure you that you don't need to use any of them. There is a counter in your stats and if that says 15, you've technically unlocked the achievement. Really, it's just a glitched achievement. You should go for Sanguine's Rose and see if that pops it. The only thing i can think of is if they patched that one quest where you can acquire 'Savior's Hide' and 'Hircine's Ring' via a glitch-type thing. Maybe they patched it so you don't get credit for both or something.

Oh and it's 'Volendrung'...Idiot
Old 12-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #49
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I'm not sure why it hasn't popped, but i can assure you that you don't need to use any of them. There is a counter in your stats and if that says 15, you've technically unlocked the achievement. Really, it's just a glitched achievement. You should go for Sanguine's Rose and see if that pops it. The only thing i can think of is if they patched that one quest where you can acquire 'Savior's Hide' and 'Hircine's Ring' via a glitch-type thing. Maybe they patched it so you don't get credit for both or something.

Oh and it's 'Volendrung'...Idiot
I thank you for the reply, bud. I'll try hunting down Sam tonight and checking the in-game counter. I used to always find him right away in the Bannered Mare, but after searching nearly ever Inn, I've yet to find him and I'm a level 62 Not cool, Sam. Not cool.

Vulendrugg...Volendrung...same thing Mine sounds like some type of ecstasy pills, lol.

EDIT: Odd, it saves I only have 14 Daedric Quests complete even though I used to always leave one artifact missing and unlock the achievement. Looks like they definitely patched one of the ones I have into not counting!

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

Last edited by BiggD; 12-18-2013 at 02:01 AM.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #50
McGrude

McGrude's Gamercard
I'm posting just to add an additional data point.

I finished all the Daedric quests and was in possession of all the items, including the Skeleton Key. Like others, it did not unlock for me until I went back to Bloated Man's Grotto, killed Sinding and received Savior's Hide.
McGrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #51
datc0nv3xzzl

I just registered here to post at this achievement. Sorry for my bad english :P

i figured out a bug i think? i did the quest with the dog to get "Masque of Clavicus Vile" as my FIRST daedric quest and i did not get the "Daedric Influence" achievement.
i got it at my second daedric quest (the drinking game one).
after all quests were done and i had 15/15 artefacts nothing popped up.
i reloaded an earlyer save with my last quest to get both "Savior’s Hide" and "the Ring of Hirscine" (first helping the werewolf, then kill him) so i got 16/15 artefacts, and the achievement directly popped up.
i guess something went wrong with the masque in my first daedric questline. hope this helps someone before rerolling a new game ;-)
datc0nv3xzzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #52
Lordgold

l0rdg0ld666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymonium View Post
Finally, I tried my luck and went back to Bloated Man's Grotto. Thankfully Sinding was still there so I killed and skinned him. Hircine showed up again congratulating me. He gave me Savior's Hide and the achievement popped up.
^^I can comfirm this.

Oblivion Walker glitched on my room-mates xbox twice, so he offered to buy me dinner to get it for him lol I made a new file and got every artifact as I unlocked their respective quests(excluding Skeleton Key). My last artifact was to be Boethiah's Ebony Mail, but when I picked it up and equipped it, no achievement!

After a breather and bottling my rage, I discovered that juicy piece of information above. Luckily for me, Sinding was still there and I proceeded to kill him. I took his skin and an Agent of Hircine appeared. He gave me the Saviour's Hide and it popped!!

Thank you cymonium!

Lordgold is offline   Reply With Quote