PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Sports and Fitness > Pool Pro Online 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Very long grind to Jet Setter and Fat Cat

So being playing for a few hours and no matter how well I do I can never seem to get more then about 700-800 scratch for winning a game. Now considering you need 1 million scratch for Fat Cat your looking at a minimum of about 1500 games and that is if you never lose and get 700 every game which is obviously not very likely. Realistically your looking at more like 2500+ games. Say each one of them was 5 mins your looking at over 200 hours.

The may be one way to half that though. Jet Setter requires 505000 scratch to buy all the Pool Halls so there is the option for two players to each reach about that figure and not spend any of their winnings along the way, then one of them gives it all to the other player so he unlocks Fat Cat and then give it all back so the other player unlocks it and then split it back down the middle so they can each unlock Jet Setter. So perhaps 100 hours.

Just would be good if the game had single player tournaments or something like that. Perhaps we just all complain to the devs and see if they can do something about it in an update like they did in Chicken Run.

Update: 5th Aug 12
- So I emailed Namco Bandai as I couldn't seem to find the developers contact details even on PPO3 website. Unfortunately I done it via their Support page online so I don't have a copy of what I wrote but here's a condensed version. Basically I said that I found the game a lot of fun and that the multiplayer was the best so far of any Xbox Live games on Windows Phone. I then went to say that the game had one major drawback. The very little scratch you win in game doesn't give you much incentive to carry on playing especially relative to the price of in game content. As an example I said it would take 12+ hours to earn enough scratch to buy a single club hall. I also said that people wager very little scratch when playing multiplayer which is understandable when you realise how long it takes to earn.

I also pointed out that the lack of some kind of offline tournament mode was a bad move but could understand that it was very unlikely to get this in a future update but I did suggest that they changed how much scratch was earned per win and also the amount you earn for the harder difficulties.

I actually got a response within 12 hours which was very unexpected seeing as how long others have taken to respond if they even bother at all.

Anyway here is what they said...

Hello Isaac,

Thank you for contacting Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Customer Support. We’ve forwarded your suggestion to the producer for this title. We also discussed this with them in person. We are currently looking into this but can’t promise that any change will be made. This would need to be a change to the client rather than a server change. We’ll need to have the funding approved to do this. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us with this suggestion.

Regards,
Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Customer Support

Not sure exactly what to make of it but it seems quite positive to me and the fact they said they spoke with the producer in person would suggest they took it quite seriously. Although that may have something to do with me saying a lot of people who bought the game felt the same as I did mentioning users of this site and ta.com. You never know, if enough of us email them they may actually do something about it.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 08-05-2012 at 01:07 AM.
XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Black Tango

JohnnieMonkey's Gamercard
It seems it'll take even longer than that, at least for me. Near as I can tell I'm only getting scratch earned while I'm logged in to the server. I log in before I start playing, but after a game or two it drops me. It'll ask me to log in again and when I do my scratch resets.

At the moment my stats show about 9000 earned, but I only have 2500 or so.

Anyone else seeing this sort of thing?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tango View Post
It seems it'll take even longer than that, at least for me. Near as I can tell I'm only getting scratch earned while I'm logged in to the server. I log in before I start playing, but after a game or two it drops me. It'll ask me to log in again and when I do my scratch resets.

At the moment my stats show about 9000 earned, but I only have 2500 or so.

Anyone else seeing this sort of thing?
I've not being much attention to be honest but I do have only 20k after 60-70 games.

ME FIRST

Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hey Isaac are you up for helping me boost the online stuff please?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEvil IMonkey View Post
Hey Isaac are you up for helping me boost the online stuff please?
Yeah, I'll give you a hand. Send me a FR.

ME FIRST

Old 08-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
IEvil IMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAAC1982 View Post
Yeah, I'll give you a hand. Send me a FR.
Cheers =) I'll send a FR asap
What time of day is best for you? Was thinking of 1 evening this wk, maybe Monday night??

Last edited by IEvil IMonkey; 08-05-2012 at 01:03 AM.
IEvil IMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #7
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Got response from Namco Bandai about the scratch issue. See first post.

ME FIRST

Old 08-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Great job, Isaac. I had a feeling the scratch Achievements were going to be crazy impossible.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
MickeyT

MickeyT's Gamercard
Question

Hey guys.. I'm looking boost the online stuff, not out of laziness, I'm just so close to the 80% I'll win a few, then loose a few, people disconnect when ur about to win ={

If it's ok Issac and Evil, can I add you guys too?

MT360.net/LIVE
MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
Preludecris

Preludecris's Gamercard
achievements are a marketing ploy, if it takes 150 hours to get 1000000 scratch and buy all the pool halls, thats what they want, they want you to play their game for hours on end, cuz they know once you get all the achievements your most likely not gonna play the game anymore... just my opinion right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAAC1982 View Post
So being playing for a few hours and no matter how well I do I can never seem to get more then about 700-800 scratch for winning a game. Now considering you need 1 million scratch for Fat Cat your looking at a minimum of about 1500 games and that is if you never lose and get 700 every game which is obviously not very likely. Realistically your looking at more like 2500+ games. Say each one of them was 5 mins your looking at over 200 hours.

The may be one way to half that though. Jet Setter requires 505000 scratch to buy all the Pool Halls so there is the option for two players to each reach about that figure and not spend any of their winnings along the way, then one of them gives it all to the other player so he unlocks Fat Cat and then give it all back so the other player unlocks it and then split it back down the middle so they can each unlock Jet Setter. So perhaps 100 hours.

Just would be good if the game had single player tournaments or something like that. Perhaps we just all complain to the devs and see if they can do something about it in an update like they did in Chicken Run.

Update: 5th Aug 12 - So I emailed Namco Bandai as I couldn't seem to find the developers contact details even on PPO3 website. Unfortunately I done it via their Support page online so I don't have a copy of what I wrote but here's a condensed version. Basically I said that I found the game a lot of fun and that the multiplayer was the best so far of any Xbox Live games on Windows Phone. I then went to say that the game had one major drawback. The very little scratch you win in game doesn't give you much incentive to carry on playing especially relative to the price of in game content. As an example I said it would take 12+ hours to earn enough scratch to buy a single club hall. I also said that people wager very little scratch when playing multiplayer which is understandable when you realise how long it takes to earn.

I also pointed out that the lack of some kind of offline tournament mode was a bad move but could understand that it was very unlikely to get this in a future update but I did suggest that they changed how much scratch was earned per win and also the amount you earn for the harder difficulties.

I actually got a response within 12 hours which was very unexpected seeing as how long others have taken to respond if they even bother at all.

Anyway here is what they said...

Hello Isaac,

Thank you for contacting Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Customer Support. We’ve forwarded your suggestion to the producer for this title. We also discussed this with them in person. We are currently looking into this but can’t promise that any change will be made. This would need to be a change to the client rather than a server change. We’ll need to have the funding approved to do this. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us with this suggestion.

Regards,
Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Customer Support

Not sure exactly what to make of it but it seems quite positive to me and the fact they said they spoke with the producer in person would suggest they took it quite seriously. Although that may have something to do with me saying a lot of people who bought the game felt the same as I did mentioning users of this site and ta.com. You never know, if enough of us email them they may actually do something about it.
Preludecris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preludecris View Post
achievements are a marketing ploy, if it takes 150 hours to get 1000000 scratch and buy all the pool halls, thats what they want, they want you to play their game for hours on end, cuz they know once you get all the achievements your most likely not gonna play the game anymore... just my opinion right there
Whatever the intention, nobody's going to want to actually do that with this game. The amount of time it takes is just ludicrous; the devs picked the scratch goals out of thin air without thinking about it. If anything, these Achievements discourage people from buying the game due to their unattainability.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
IEvil IMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Whatever the intention, nobody's going to want to actually do that with this game. The amount of time it takes is just ludicrous; the devs picked the scratch goals out of thin air without thinking about it. If anything, these Achievements discourage people from buying the game due to their unattainability.
That's for sure..... I'm happy with my 175g now
Sod playing it for another 2000games just to unlock the last 2 achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hey guys.. I'm looking boost the online stuff, not out of laziness, I'm just so close to the 80% I'll win a few, then loose a few, people disconnect when ur about to win ={

If it's ok Issac and Evil, can I add you guys too?
I made a boosting thread Mickey so maybe try posting there although its got about 80+ views and no-one seems upto it so good luck
Old 08-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
This is pretty much the reply I was going to give to that post. There is tactics that devs use to get you to play games and then there is this. Like you said, they obviously just plucked it from the air.

ME FIRST

Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Feel free to send my review along to them in your correspondence, Isaac - complained about just that, and a few other issues.