PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Card and Board > Solitaire Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #1
Odessa

xXOdessaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Help Understanding Pyramid Scoring

I am trying to work on some of these challenges but cannot seem to figure out Pyramid Solitaire. I am horrible at these games and regrettably started this as an easy achievement one way back one.

I know that you need to remove cards totaling 13, but can only get about 630 points before failing (the challenge says I need 3800). Can someone suggest tips on this? Every site I go to never explains further than selecting that amount. The

Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
brydgesr

brydgesr's Gamercard
General Tips

The undo button IMO is very useful, don't hesitate to use it. If you have a choice of matching two cards, you can find the best option by trying one card then use the undo button to return you back to where you started, then try the other option and choose the best. This a general tip for all the solitaire games.

Its usually better to match two cards on the pyramid together. Save the cards in the pile to match those higher up the pyramid that might be blocked by cards lower down. Again if you get stuck use the undo button to go to an earlier position and try matching the cards together in a different sequence. Particularly useful on the hard and expert challenges.

If the challenge is to beat a high score, some boards are deliberately unsolvable. In this case you should try to maximise your score by clearing as many complete rows as possible to get the highest maximum score. This happens when the cards higher up the pyramid are blocked by their matching cards lower down, so its impossible to match them together.

The more you play the more you will learn the strategies and you will improve.

General tips from the game instructions

You get extra points for clearing horizontal rows, the higher the row is up the pyramid the more points you earn. Obviously clearing the board give you most points.

If you have a choice of cards to uncover (for example you have a 6 which can be placed on one of two 7's), pick the 7 that uncovers the most new cards, giving you a great chance to match further cards. Again use the undo to find the best option.

Online and Video tips

There is Microsoft Solitaire Facebook page where challenges and solutions are discussed.

http://www.facebook.com/microsoftsolitaire?fref=ts

A Microsoft forum for more technical issues with app but sometimes solutions are discussed.

http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/xbox_on_w...-o/f/3066.aspx

If all else fails Voranc on YouTube has video's of the hard and expert daily challenges, which are useful.

brydgesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
Odessa

xXOdessaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
OMG you're awesome. Thank you so much for all this. The instructions I found were more like I was building a car than flipping cards. I'm not sure how I'll get through every challenge for a month but at least I might be able to get through some of them. I also posted on the XBox forums but they aren't as responsive as this forum.

Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brydgesr View Post
General Tips
Its usually better to match two cards on the pyramid together.
this.

and, always look above. identify what may be road blocks.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote