PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Zombiechild

Zombiechild's Gamercard
multiplayer confirmed your thoughts?

Since Fraxis has confirmed that there is a MP side of Xcom:EU
Normaly i avoid/Hate the MP side of 99% of games i play/have played but i am looking forward to trying this out online..just wondering what fellow Die hard original fans like my self and the new to Xcom guys think? and who will be up for a fight when its out
Old 08-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I had a blast with MP in Civ Rev, the turn based strategy played out like a game of chess, but my only concern with XCOM: EU is the balance between humans and aliens. If the aliens require you to play a different way then i can see people complaining that humans have the advantage.

Having said that, i'll still give it a go.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Zombiechild

Zombiechild's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I had a blast with MP in Civ Rev, the turn based strategy played out like a game of chess, but my only concern with XCOM: EU is the balance between humans and aliens. If the aliens require you to play a different way then i can see people complaining that humans have the advantage.

Having said that, i'll still give it a go.
loved playing Civ Rev first game i 1k'd

I agree that youll get 1 side saying aliens have an advantage but then youll get the other saying the humans do, will be intresting to see but Fraxis are pretty good at balance look at Civ games the xbox or pc 20+ factions all powerful but none have a overall advantage.

think im going to be spending alot of time on the MP
Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
At the start of MP, you get a pool of points to spend on your team and their gear. You can mix human and aliens on the same team. Fraxis also noted that they will be able to adjust the costs of units and gear on the fly without having to patch the game.

Last edited by J4ckyb0y1; 08-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.
J4ckyb0y1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
HeartbreakRidge

HeartbreakRidge's Gamercard
I hope you can do the MP in private matches!
HeartbreakRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Renedald

Renedald's Gamercard
I'll give it a shot. Be a nice change of pace from the typically FPS Multiplayer that tends to bore me rather quickly.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
DisturbedFan X

DisturbedFan X's Gamercard
I'm not too worried about it. Firaxis has a great history with multiplayer so it should be fun! The only thing that's gonna bother me is when everyone discovers a cheap tactic and it will take Firaxis awhile to patch it.
DisturbedFan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #8
bryson 06

bryson 06's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartbreakRidge View Post
I hope you can do the MP in private matches!
They confirmed that you can will be private and ranked matches. In ranked it is 90 seconds fro your entire turn including animations.

In private you have more control over options for the match.

I dont like animations being including in a player's turn, we can't control how the animations play out.
bryson 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
Zombiechild

Zombiechild's Gamercard
Animations being included in the time limit isnt new to turn based games, i could see it sucking up time if you have the "Glam Cam" turned on but otherwise youll most likely find the animations dont take long or while 1 guys doing his orders just move on to the next unit?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
HeartbreakRidge

HeartbreakRidge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson 06 View Post
They confirmed that you can will be private and ranked matches. In ranked it is 90 seconds fro your entire turn including animations.
Cool! Thanks for noting that.
HeartbreakRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #11
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I've never been any good at strategy games so i think i'll stick with private. Not really a fan of the 90 seconds limit although it could make for some interesting results when under pressure.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Zombiechild

Zombiechild's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I've never been any good at strategy games so i think i'll stick with private. Not really a fan of the 90 seconds limit although it could make for some interesting results when under pressure.

Well if you or anyone here want to hit up the multiplayer when the games out im game, i dont go all hardcore to much of a relaxed gamer and none of my mates are getting Xcom
Old 09-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #13
izeage99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiechild View Post
Well if you or anyone here want to hit up the multiplayer when the games out im game, i dont go all hardcore to much of a relaxed gamer and none of my mates are getting Xcom
I'll be up for multiplayer with you zombichild, but I want to run though the SP first. The MP gives us access to most if not all of the aliens and I want to be surprised when I first encounter some of those unknown guys.

I love the tabletop game style that they are bringing to the MP. I will be playing the MP with my 9 year old a lot and I can let him spend more points to get better soldiers to help even the game out.
izeage99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #14
chokdee

Confirmed ranked and private matches... I see myself hours playing against my mates
chokdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
EngagedMetal7

EngagedMetal7's Gamercard
I feel like this is going to be a great timefiller game (the ones you go back to when you've clocked your new releases), but I just hope enough people get it
EngagedMetal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
Optic Re3lex

TMC X Re3lex's Gamercard
Finally

Yes Love Bo2
Optic Re3lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
widget624

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Devs doing a live stream of a multiplayer game Thursday 9am PDT if anyone is interested

http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/art...wn-multiplayer
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
widget624

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Video of the stream mentioned above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKknJeqoUg

After watching a few multiplayer videos all I can say is Archangel snipers are gonna be a very commonly used unit as will their counters and Chrysalids need their point cost reduced because they just aint worth the price that they are now.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was going to buy this game regardless of MP. I won't be playing any MP, though.

Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be any achievements hooked to MP (depending on what the secret achievements are) so I won't be forced to play MP.

I generally dislike MP being in games since MP balances always affect the singleplayer game.

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #21
widget624

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qonok View Post
I
Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be any achievements hooked to MP (depending on what the secret achievements are) so I won't be forced to play MP.
There is a single secret achievement related to multiplayer. One for winning a game.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
Reqqu

Reqqu's Gamercard
Meeting new people is nice. Killing them too. But I prefer singleplayer more.

Last edited by Reqqu; 10-10-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Reqqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #23
Huxy87

JHuxyboosh's Gamercard
Has any one tried mp yet? Is it any good?