PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Darksiders 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2012, 03:09 AM   #31
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8L Fool View Post
Just would like to clarify a few things for certain achievements:
  • Like A Noss - There is no Karkinos creature for this quest (or in the game). It is Argul, in the Lair of the Deposed King.
  • Epic! - 30 will be obtained in NG+, not just "likely". It's the only way for you to get it since the first playthrough is capped at 20 for monster EXP. The highest you will get is level 22 from quest EXP alone.
  • Bravo Old Chap - You have to defeat all of the waves in one sitting to fight Wicked K.
  • To Move a Mountain - It's The Lost Temple.
  • Tears of the Mountain - The location is called Drenchfort, not Drenchwork.

Best of luck with your guide.
Karkinos is in the game. It's the boss for Drenchfort while doing Tears of the Mountain quest. You even get a special hammer for killing him called "Masher of Karkinos".

Thanks for the corrections and thanks to everyone else for their input!
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #32
F8L Fool

F8L Fool's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Karkinos is in the game. It's the boss for Drenchfort while doing Tears of the Mountain quest. You even get a special hammer for killing him called "Masher of Karkinos".

Thanks for the corrections and thanks to everyone else for their input!
Got me there

You claim to fear no man, but never walk without crew--
Ever since you learned the name of the Fatal Fool
F8L Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #33
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Shouldn't the BFA also be counted for Online pass needed. You can't get it without it.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #34
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
Shouldn't the BFA also be counted for Online pass needed. You can't get it without it.
Guess that does technically count. Changed it, thanks.

-----------

Is anyone following the walkthrough I am making? I would like feedback on it on how it's working out please. That way I can make changes if need be.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #35
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

hopefully i will get this game soon, i just want to get some of my others done.

question on new game+ can u do new game+ as many times as u want and do the collectables, etc carry over.

i would like to just playthrough once on easy, 2nd on easy for collectables, then 3rd on highest difficulty.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #36
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
hopefully i will get this game soon, i just want to get some of my others done.

question on new game+ can u do new game+ as many times as u want and do the collectables, etc carry over.

i would like to just playthrough once on easy, 2nd on easy for collectables, then 3rd on highest difficulty.
You can only do one NG+ per save file. After that you have to start over.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #37
Bugs264

sedaterial's Gamercard
new game + is a once only and the only stuff that carries over is your level, money, and gear. all side quests and collectibles will be reset to zero.

in all honesty, the hardest difficulty isn't that hard. i did it on my first play through and all i would recommend is learn to dodge and when you get the opportunity, get weapons and armor that boost health, crit% and Crit damage.

once you get a setup that lets you replenish your health through combat, the game becomes much easier. In fact, the last boss was a joke
Bugs264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #38
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
If this is going to be an accurate guide then next to Glitchy Achievements the NO needs to be changed to YES. Besides all the regular glitches, and the game-breaking glitches, many people are also having multiple achievements not unlocking when they should, or glitching on them, altogether. In fact, this guide should come with one big GLITCH ALERT so people referencing the guide to decide if they want to play the game have a full awareness of what they are getting into. I know you make a brief annotation of glitch reports at the bottom of your guide, but saying there have been a "few" but nothing "consistant" is misleading when there multiple reports on many sites of achievements/trophies not popping and glitches that are game-breaking.

Note: I'm not criticizing your guide, in fact, I generally like your guides, but fair is fair. People should be aware that this shit can happen, so they can make an informed decision as to whether they really want to risk a possible complete waste of their time or not.

Last edited by ghostx30; 08-21-2012 at 08:29 PM.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #39
shakeNbake0810

I believe in the roadmap you refer to apocalyptic mode as brutality 2 times. one under introduction and another under playthrough new game plus
shakeNbake0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #40
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

I incorporated some changes based on the feedback given.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #41
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I incorporated some changes based on the feedback given.
Nice work. And like the guide says, it's obviously a work in progress and a lot of this info is just starting to crop up. Looks good.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #42
Killbomb

Killbomb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs264 View Post
new game + is a once only and the only stuff that carries over is your level, money, and gear. all side quests and collectibles will be reset to zero.

in all honesty, the hardest difficulty isn't that hard. i did it on my first play through and all i would recommend is learn to dodge and when you get the opportunity, get weapons and armor that boost health, crit% and Crit damage.

once you get a setup that lets you replenish your health through combat, the game becomes much easier. In fact, the last boss was a joke
Just beat the game on Apocalyptic on my first playthrough (playing on PC) and I will agree that it's not that hard. I'd recommend starting there then you only have to play New Game+ until you reach level 30.

Also, once you get Achidna's Fangs (Legendary claws that drop from a story-related boss) the game becomes MUCH easier. The damage isn't so hot but the life leech is insane. I use a slower weapon for damage then switch out to the Fangs when I need to recover health.

Love the game by the way, despite the glitches.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #43
MisTaKeZ
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to MisTaKeZ

MisTaKeZ 2G's Gamercard
nice guide it help alot
MisTaKeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #44
F8L Fool

F8L Fool's Gamercard
I wish they would have called it BFA 2.0 or something, and not just BFA. Kind of like the Seriously achievements in GoW.

You claim to fear no man, but never walk without crew--
Ever since you learned the name of the Fatal Fool
F8L Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #45
martdude16

KILL3R N4SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
First of all, I want to say that I am absolutely loving your walkthrough so far. The only thing I'd like to mention are the 4 side quests you get after defeating Thane. I'm following your guide and I've caught up to where it was last updated (Judicator's Tomb). After the initial receiving of those side-quests (near the start), they haven't been "finished" in your step-by-step guide. Am I safe to complete them? Or were you planning on doing them further ahead in the guide?

I appreciate the effort you're putting in on this, thanks very much!

Last edited by martdude16; 08-28-2012 at 12:03 PM.
martdude16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #46
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by martdude16 View Post
First of all, I want to say that I am absolutely loving your walkthrough so far. The only thing I'd like to mention are the 4 side quests you get after defeating Thane. I'm following your guide and I've caught up to where it was last updated (Judicator's Tomb). After the initial receiving of those side-quests (near the start), they haven't been "finished" in your step-by-step guide. Am I safe to complete them? Or were you planning on doing them further ahead in the guide?

I appreciate the effort you're putting in on this, thanks very much!

Thanks! Well for that quest i was kind of just rolling them into one. Rest assured you won't miss anything since those finished quests will finish whether I write it or not

Last edited by Tyger7; 08-25-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #47
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Can the side quests be done when I get to the point of no return (End of the game) or are some of time sensitive....?

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #48
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Can the side quests be done when I get to the point of no return (End of the game) or are some of time sensitive....?
None are time based
Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #49
Kazenji

Send a message via MSN to Kazenji

RunicBlaze72's Gamercard
Are there any achievements that can be missed if not careful?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #50
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazenji View Post
Are there any achievements that can be missed if not careful?
Nothing is missable because you can go back and find all the collectibles/side quests before you start NG+. However, as mentioned in the guide, the achievement to equip an elite armor piece to each slot can become a tedious grind if you don't do it by the end of the game and sell all of your equipment.

As for the hours stated to get 1000 GS in the game, I would say 30-35 hours is very accurate. I think it took me around 31 hours total

Completed Retail: 41
Completed Arcade: 25
Most Proud Completion: Perfect Dark Zero

3rd Place in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops Infinity Challenge
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #51
BloodRedRoses

BloodRedRoses's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 View Post
Nothing is missable because you can go back and find all the collectibles/side quests before you start NG+. However, as mentioned in the guide, the achievement to equip an elite armor piece to each slot can become a tedious grind if you don't do it by the end of the game and sell all of your equipment.

As for the hours stated to get 1000 GS in the game, I would say 30-35 hours is very accurate. I think it took me around 31 hours total

Not true, I've got one missable coin I can't get because of the guy that throws you over the wall no longer helps ):
Coin 35 in the videos.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #52
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedRoses View Post
Not true, I've got one missable coin I can't get because of the guy that throws you over the wall no longer helps ):
Coin 35 in the videos.
That doesn't matter. Coins aren't related to achievements. They're just currency used with Vulgrim.

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
Old 08-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #53
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Quote:

is it okay to spend the coins before you complete the mission to collect the 100 stones?
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #54
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post

is it okay to spend the coins before you complete the mission to collect the 100 stones?
There is no quest to collect boatman coins. As far as the stones for Blackroot go, you can spend them whenever. As long as you find them all you'll complete the quest and get the achievement.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #55
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

another question about:

Quote:
Mass Ruckus 10
Equip elite items to all slots

There are a total of 7 slots you need to equip elite armor on. Elite armor items have a purple font color.
are these items dropped? and are all items with purple text elite? they dont have to have elite in the name?

reason i asked, is that i havent purchased one but i have a purple item in all but one (think the gloves). so if i happen to buy and it comes up the gloves and equip it the cheave should pop?

tygers description seems to imply it should be harder.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #56
ShadowStefan

Thiophen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
another question about:

are these items dropped? and are all items with purple text elite? they dont have to have elite in the name?

reason i asked, is that i havent purchased one but i have a purple item in all but one (think the gloves). so if i happen to buy and it comes up the gloves and equip it the cheave should pop?

tygers description seems to imply it should be harder.
Yes, all purple texted items are Elite items.

The way I did it: I saved, bought the necessary items, equipped them, got the cheevo and quit the game. So I didn't lose any money.
ShadowStefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #57
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
what is nightmare mode? i beat the game but didnīt start a NG+ yet because i wanted to do the sidequests first.

from what i can read many people are playing this mode. is it higher than apocalyptic? is there any advantage?

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #58
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoregBlue1 View Post
what is nightmare mode? i beat the game but didnīt start a NG+ yet because i wanted to do the sidequests first.

from what i can read many people are playing this mode. is it higher than apocalyptic? is there any advantage?
It's the same thing as Apocalyptic except you only get one life. If you die in combat then it erases your save and you have to start over from the beginning. You get absolutely nothing for completing it and (as far as everyone knows) nothing changes at all. It's stupid. Oh and you can't do a NG+ Nightmare playthrough. So if you're thinking of starting it you'll have to start at level 1.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #59
Suki

just a quick question im following your excellent walkthrough/collectables but it seems to of stopped at the Judicator's Tomb for the last 3 days and was wondering when it would start again/ get finished as i dont want to carry on without it and miss loads of stuff and hav to go back. Its a fantastic guide and must be a really hard guide to write so although i am pushing u i fully understand but could u post what u got plz.

Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #60
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
It's the same thing as Apocalyptic except you only get one life. If you die in combat then it erases your save and you have to start over from the beginning. You get absolutely nothing for completing it and (as far as everyone knows) nothing changes at all. It's stupid. Oh and you can't do a NG+ Nightmare playthrough. So if you're thinking of starting it you'll have to start at level 1.
well now i am not thinking of starting it on nightmare, iīll go with apocalyptic instead.

thanks.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote