PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Resonance of Fate
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Insanity_!84

Insanity184's Gamercard
To Duel Or not to Duel Weild?

I was wondering on other ppls thoughts on Duel Weilding, im currently Ch. 5 and got the new MG, now im level 65 so i had the weight to fully upgrade both weapons.

Is the magazine case really worth not duel weilding? kinda wondering which way may be better in later chapters...
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Unless you absolutely need the magazine case for special bullets, dual-wield is king. Why are you level 65 in Chapter 5 though? Must have done quite a bit of Arena grinding.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
Insanity_!84

Insanity184's Gamercard
no not really.....3 words Green Hex Farming, i spent so long in silver canyon getting hexes, at the time i started i thought i could link core lifts together i wanted to make this epic terminal link then found out i couldnt.

By that time i had fully lit up all 1 2 3 and 7 8 9, my level just kept going up...i feel a bit overleveled though
Old 03-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
hawk199

Hawkboy199's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wow...how long did u farm????

I am at Chapter 10 and i am at 70....anyway The next 5 Chapter should be very very easy for u

And dual for me...but both the gun must be equally even stat, u cant have 1 shitty gun and the other one with custom parts. *Kick Bullets*

Last edited by hawk199; 03-26-2010 at 01:30 PM.
hawk199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
Insanity_!84

Insanity184's Gamercard
to be honest i dont know, im at 32 hours so far and thats all game, id say 8-10 were green hex farming, and some of that was me getting all the battles in the arena out of the way, every time one unlocks i beat it 10 times.

I do know that i have gotten about 300-400 green hexs i lit up all of silver caynons floor for the heck of it, thinking later i may have to return though when i get a deep purple to unlock the terminals near forsaken
Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #6
Virus2Die

Virus2Die's Gamercard
?? Duel

from when on can you start duel weapon ??? can you realy shot 2 mg at the same time im on chapter 8 and lvl 49 ?!

please help !

and the other question is when can u make a 3 hero chain attack ??
Virus2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Mario3112

Send a message via ICQ to Mario3112

Mario3112's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus2Die View Post
from when on can you start duel weapon ??? can you realy shot 2 mg at the same time im on chapter 8 and lvl 49 ?!

please help !

and the other question is when can u make a 3 hero chain attack ??
theoretically you can use dual Handgun from the beginning. Just equip one Character with 2 Handguns you have just to watch the weight (but that's kind of useless back then :P)
The first Machinegun you can find is reachable from chapter 5 in the Dakota Vein.
You can shot 2 Hg or 2 Mg at the same time but not 1Hg+1Mg

For the chain attack you must run with a hero attack through the 2 other Characters (shown by a blue line when you start the attack) From that you gain 1 Resonance Point (listed above the Health)
When you got a resonance point just press in the next round then there should be orange lines between your Characters. after that just press and they all start to run
Mario3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #8
ilold

Judgeironfist's Gamercard
dual wielding is king especially in the later levels.
ilold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario3112 View Post
theoretically you can use dual Handgun from the beginning. Just equip one Character with 2 Handguns you have just to watch the weight (but that's kind of useless back then :P)
The first Machinegun you can find is reachable from chapter 5 in the Dakota Vein.
You can shot 2 Hg or 2 Mg at the same time but not 1Hg+1Mg

For the chain attack you must run with a hero attack through the 2 other Characters (shown by a blue line when you start the attack) From that you gain 1 Resonance Point (listed above the Health)
When you got a resonance point just press in the next round then there should be orange lines between your Characters. after that just press and they all start to run
Just a question on the Tri-Attacks... I have had it happen where only two of the characters will move... the other one just stands still for the duration of the whole thing. Is this because more resonance points are required? There sure is a lot to understand in this game.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #10
Koompbala

Koompbala's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Just a question on the Tri-Attacks... I have had it happen where only two of the characters will move... the other one just stands still for the duration of the whole thing. Is this because more resonance points are required? There sure is a lot to understand in this game.
Kinda late but whatever but yeah you need more resonance points also make sure nothing is in your way like a wall or something. One of my allies that were running in the triangle ran into an enemy tank and it stopped the tri attack and I wasn't even controlling him at the time. Also I dont know about other people but I'm in Neverland now and the amount of Tri-Attacks I have done is 8. Its definitely under 10 I just haven't been able to find a way to build up enough resonance points to make a tri attack useful. Not to mention there's a lot of obstacles in the way later on.

Koompbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
Holymelons

Holymelons's Gamercard
Always dw machine guns until you get to the point where you can scratch full everytime you do a heroic action (which is level 90+ anyway so yeah basically dw is king ;-) )
Holymelons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
MrAwesome374

MrAwesome374's Gamercard
Duel wielding all depends on your play style. Personally I have a duel wielding HG, and that's it. You can keep the guns balanced, or make them opposites, as duel wielding takes the averages.
For example my HGer has a gun with extremely high charge speed but no accel, while the other gun has no charge speed but lots of accel, so that when it averages out my speed and accel are roughly 100.
Duel wielding helps a lot of your guns are customized certain ways, but I find that there's no point in dueling MG as the second gun can lowers the stats of the first if the customization isn't almost the exact same, but that's just me.

Hope this helped.
MrAwesome374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #13
final1980

Mortal Priest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome374 View Post
Duel wielding all depends on your play style. Personally I have a duel wielding HG, and that's it. You can keep the guns balanced, or make them opposites, as duel wielding takes the averages.
For example my HGer has a gun with extremely high charge speed but no accel, while the other gun has no charge speed but lots of accel, so that when it averages out my speed and accel are roughly 100.
Duel wielding helps a lot of your guns are customized certain ways, but I find that there's no point in dueling MG as the second gun can lowers the stats of the first if the customization isn't almost the exact same, but that's just me.

Hope this helped.
Yeah I duel wield HG only for my strongest user at that moment. I keep SMG single to use the case on the off chance, and the other HG user has the first aid kit.