Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Darksiders 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #31
LasherM

Lasher MX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondz View Post
Aftermath seems to give somewhere around 8-10 reaper energy per hit, it gives less than Harvest at 12 per hit.

What does the Hammer of the Deposed King do? I only have the Scepter.

Achidna's Fangs are not good weapons damage wise but the passive gives health steal to your primary, skills and itself.

Didn't see the health steal at the top of the list I apologize.

I have a few extra wrath steal weapons if you need one, wrath steal is way to good not to have.
If you still have a wrath steal item to send I'd appreciate it! LasherMX thanks!

LasherM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #32
ViNyLek

Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
I don't thinnk this was answered, but I'm curious. Do we have to do 1-100 in one sitting or does it save/make a checkpoint at some point along the way to come back to and resume from last wave a la soul arbiter's maze?
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViNyLek View Post
I don't thinnk this was answered, but I'm curious. Do we have to do 1-100 in one sitting or does it save/make a checkpoint at some point along the way to come back to and resume from last wave a la soul arbiter's maze?
For the achievement you have to do all of them in one sitting.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #34
ViNyLek

Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
Does that mean that I can save any time and come back to same wave, but void achievement this way? This doesn't really answer my question LOL
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #35
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViNyLek View Post
Does that mean that I can save any time and come back to same wave, but void achievement this way? This doesn't really answer my question LOL
Sorry I thought it was clear enough, I'll explain further. This is a spoiler. So if you care about that I'll put it in a tag to be safe.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

As to your question about being able to stop at anytime and return later: yes you can do that. Once you've cleared a group of 25 you can start there on a return trip. So if you get to wave 89 and quit/die, you will be able to start at wave 75 since it's like a checkpoint. Hopefully that's more clear.

And obviously you get the option to quit every 5 waves and take the loot. But if you do you'll have to start over at wave 1.

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
harshx4u

harshx4u's Gamercard
Quote:
there nothing like doing the first 90 waves then the game freezes like it always does and have to do it all over again, glitchiest game ive played in a long time.
harshx4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #37
lifetimegamer

MBocking1987's Gamercard
Another set of questions (sorry, getting a bit confused):

1. Can you work through the Crucible in chunks? (i.e. do 25 waves, then come back to it later and do 25-50 and so on?). If you do it this way do you still get the "Complete crucible" achievement?
2. If you die on, say, stage 32 do you get reverted back to stage 1 or 25? Do you get the choice?
3. I understand the hidden boss only becomes available if you do all 100 waves in one sitting. If he kills you do you have to do all 100 waves again or can you just have another go at fighting him?

Thanks!
lifetimegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #38
harshx4u

harshx4u's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimegamer View Post
Another set of questions (sorry, getting a bit confused):

1. Can you work through the Crucible in chunks? (i.e. do 25 waves, then come back to it later and do 25-50 and so on?). If you do it this way do you still get the "Complete crucible" achievement?
2. If you die on, say, stage 32 do you get reverted back to stage 1 or 25? Do you get the choice?
3. I understand the hidden boss only becomes available if you do all 100 waves in one sitting. If he kills you do you have to do all 100 waves again or can you just have another go at fighting him?

Thanks!
to get the complete the crucible achievement you can do it in chunks, doesnt matter if you die as long as you complete each set of 25. if you make it to wicked k and die im pretty sure you can select to fight him right off the bat when you tell the guy you want to choose your own path.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #39
lifetimegamer

MBocking1987's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshx4u View Post
to get the complete the crucible achievement you can do it in chunks, doesnt matter if you die as long as you complete each set of 25. if you make it to wicked k and die im pretty sure you can select to fight him right off the bat when you tell the guy you want to choose your own path.
Fantastic, thanks In which case I'll work my way through the Crucible for those 30Gs but give the 'Wicked K' one a miss. Seems like a major headache for only 10Gs heh.
lifetimegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #40
arnfear

arnfear's Gamercard
where is the Hammer of the Deposed King?
arnfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #41
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnfear View Post
where is the Hammer of the Deposed King?
You get it from killing Argul in the Kingdom of the Dead. He's in the location Lair of the Deposed King. You get this and 3 other side quests from Thane after you defeat him in a sparring match.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #42
arnfear

arnfear's Gamercard
Quote:
You get it from killing Argul in the Kingdom of the Dead. He's in the location Lair of the Deposed King. You get this and 3 other side quests from Thane after you defeat him in a sparring match.
Is it the big guy at the end? From him i got the spear of the deposed king i think
Old 08-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #43
harshx4u

harshx4u's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimegamer View Post
Fantastic, thanks In which case I'll work my way through the Crucible for those 30Gs but give the 'Wicked K' one a miss. Seems like a major headache for only 10Gs heh.
if you have a level 30 character and a well made possessed scythe you can blow through the 100 rounds in around 45 minutes if you play on easy. for the last fight i just used my reaper and it was over in a matter of seconds.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #44
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnfear View Post
Is it the big guy at the end? From him i got the spear of the deposed king i think
He's the giant guy with a shield that is encased in a block of ice. You'll get a quest waypoint to go and kill him.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #45
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Hammer of the deposed king is pretty useful in the crucible, but getting to level 25+ and making a possessed weapon with ice damage can be better if you know what you are doing. . . Having Health Steal, extra critical damage, as well as maybe piercing damage goes along nicely with the ice effect
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #46
LasherM

Lasher MX's Gamercard
This belongs here

I posted this to answer someone asking about how to get possessed items. It really belongs in this guide too I think.

The key to getting the right level weapon is choosing when to grab the prize. Here is how it breaks down.

Every 5 waves the weapon or item level of the chest prize increases by one.
  • 5th wave prize = level 11 items.
  • 10th wave prize = level 12 items
  • 50th wave prize = level 20 items
  • 55th wave prize = level 21 items
  • 60th wave prize = level 22 items.

You get the picture now!

Another note: The more waves you do at once the more items pop out of the chest increasing your chances for a better lott. Upto 5 items can pop out at once.

Last edited by LasherM; 08-25-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #47
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasherM View Post
Another note: The more waves you do at once the more items pop out of the chest increasing your chances for a better lot. I'm not certain but I think it's one item per 5 waves! So if you start at wave one and go till 50, 10 items pop out of the chest. I can't totally confirm this but I did exactly that w1-50 and a whole ton of stuff poped out of the chest!
I can confirm, however, that doing waves 1-100 again in one sitting does not give you 20 items. I got 3 weapons and 2 pieces of armor...was expecting much much more from doing it again.

I officially have nothing left to possibly do in DS II until DLC.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
arnfear

arnfear's Gamercard
Quote:
He's the giant guy with a shield that is encased in a block of ice. You'll get a quest waypoint to go and kill him.
Thx for the answer. He only dropped the spear :|. But i got the crucible without it
Old 08-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #49
Mazeku

Mazeku's Gamercard
Cool guide man! Thanks.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #50
LasherM

Lasher MX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I can confirm, however, that doing waves 1-100 again in one sitting does not give you 20 items. I got 3 weapons and 2 pieces of armor...was expecting much much more from doing it again.

I officially have nothing left to possibly do in DS II until DLC.
Cool thanks for confirming that. I had no way to be sure at the time because I could only do 50 waves at once when I wrote the original post.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #51
MetalReaper00

The Adam Fenix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Because I have beaten the Crucible on all 4 difficulties. I also have eyes and can see Wicked K hits for 650~ on easy and 1240~ on Apocalyptic.
That is Wicked K, but if you say so, I'll just do new game plus on easy and rip through the Crucible in one sitting. If what you say is true - it should be cake.
MetalReaper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #52
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Just finished 100 waves in one setting and unlocked the wicked K fight but I gotta climb there first and on the way up, death always looses grip on the vines.Am I missing somethign here or has anyone else had that problem.
And more importantly does anyone know if I can quit and still get to wicked k without doing all waves all over.

Edit : Scratch that I got past it.Had me pissed for a minute though.Oh and thanks for the guide of course.

Last edited by BullZeye; 08-29-2012 at 09:24 PM.
BullZeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #53
Croc 494

croc 494's Gamercard
Hi, I have just finished new game + and all side quests and everything. What I don't have is the right build on my scythes for the crucible 1-101 run and that's the only way I want to do it, I got to Argul with my own weapons and could do more I just got careless. Is there anyone who could gift me a set of awesome scythes for this purpose please? My Gamertag is Croc 494 and I would be willing to help you with anything else.
Croc 494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #54
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
So annoying. I got to Wave 70 last night, on Apocalyptic difficulty to, with ease and that bloody Maelstrom got me!

I was taking out the other guys but then got his and knocked back. He then did a round of fireballs and killed me. Up to that point, nothing was causing me any trouble and I got to that wave in about 30/40mins!

May try again, but I might complete my NG+ first and then set the difficulty down to Easy, so I'll have a much smoother ride!

Guides helpful by the way! Thanks for making it!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #55
Gunther Hermann

Gunther Hermann's Gamercard
I thought the difficulty was the same on crucible no matter if you were playing on easy or apocalyptic. Because Im playing on apocalyptic and death is a complete ponce who dies in a few hits on the later levels.
If it is easier on easy mode can I finish my new game plus, then load it up again, change the diffculty to easy and do it that way?
Gunther Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #56
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Hermann View Post
I thought the difficulty was the same on crucible no matter if you were playing on easy or apocalyptic. Because Im playing on apocalyptic and death is a complete ponce who dies in a few hits on the later levels.
If it is easier on easy mode can I finish my new game plus, then load it up again, change the diffculty to easy and do it that way?
Yes you can do that. It's what I did. It's ridiculously easy on the lowest difficulty setting. You'll rip through it in no time.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #57
Gunther Hermann

Gunther Hermann's Gamercard
Guess Ill be doing that then, it was/is getting frustrating on certain stages.
Gunther Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #58
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

so is it considered one sitting if you drop out every 25th wave to get the loot and start back up without leaving the crucible?

someone asked but i didnt see the answer. where is aftermath?

and most importantly, my secong playthrough will be apocalyptic, so what ppl are saying that once i finish that i will have the chance to play on that save but reduce it to easy and then do the crucible?

sweet.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #59
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
so is it considered one sitting if you drop out every 25th wave to get the loot and start back up without leaving the crucible?

someone asked but i didnt see the answer. where is aftermath?

and most importantly, my secong playthrough will be apocalyptic, so what ppl are saying that once i finish that i will have the chance to play on that save but reduce it to easy and then do the crucible?

sweet.
No you need to do 1-100 IN ONE SITTING. Not sure how many more times that needs to be repeated. Also you get Aftermath for beating wave 100.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #60
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Well god damn. I get all the way to wave 100 and the boss kicks my ass. On easy difficulty even. I beat the guy in the game on apocalyptic and can't do it in the Crucible on easy.

That was a big waste of time. I'm in no mood to try that again.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote