PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #121
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomey View Post
Can anyone recommend a good place for splish splash? Can you use car to save middles? Thx
I just teleported back and forth between Tundra Express and Bloodshot Stronghold a few times. There may be a faster method but I was easily netting around 50 kills per map before I had to return to the fast travel station. It is a fairly quick run.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #122
Seppälä

Seppala13's Gamercard
Can you miss challenge accepted achievement?
What happens if I start another character and complete some challenges or does the challenges don't carry over between characters?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #123
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppälä View Post
Can you miss challenge accepted achievement?
What happens if I start another character and complete some challenges or does the challenges don't carry over between characters?
It isn't technically missable since you can load up a character and grind it out at any point in either playthrough. No challenges don't carry over between characters. Badass Rank does though. If you look at the Challenge Accepted achievement description it says that you have to do all of the challenges on one character.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #124
Rums
Banned User

I've put right at 8 hours into finding Jenkins. I want the Challenge Accepted achievement sure, but this is just ridiculous.
Rums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #125
TW SweatySockz

xSweatySockZz's Gamercard
I finally got this achievement and the 1,000 GS big thanks to Nozza for a great guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stoz View Post
Total bullshit! next you'll be telling me that my Zombie Cowboy riding a Unicorn surrounded by butterflies and rainbows isn't real neither!
TW SweatySockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #126
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Sonovabitch!!! It looks like the achievement is glitched on me. I finally found and killed Jenkins, and no pop. I raised several other challenges (had three of them hit level 5), and still no pop.

And before anyone says "are you sure you of (sic) completed level 1 of all non-level specific challenges?": yes, I'm sure. Hell, most of them are already level 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time

Last edited by Direkin; 10-06-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #127
Steveinator

steveinator's Gamercard
The same thing happened to me today. Got at least level 2 in all the challenges (including the hidden ones) and killed Jimmy Jenkins online with some people trying to farm him. I got credit for beating the challenge, but the achievement didn't pop.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

-Halo 3: ODST
-Halo Anniversary
-Monday Night Combat
-Arena Master, Glork, and Medic! (Castle Crashers)

Will help with boosting in return, send message on the forums or XBL if you'd like to help!

Last edited by Steveinator; 10-07-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Steveinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #128
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
Sonovabitch!!! It looks like the achievement is glitched on me. I finally found and killed Jenkins, and no pop. I raised several other challenges (had three of them hit level 5), and still no pop.

And before anyone says "are you sure you of (sic) completed level 1 of all non-level specific challenges?": yes, I'm sure. Hell, most of them are already level 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveinator View Post
The same thing happened to me today. Got at least level 2 in all the challenges (including the hidden ones) and killed Jimmy Jenkins online with some people trying to farm him. I got credit for beating the challenge, but the achievement didn't pop.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
This happened to a guy I was playing with yesterday. All he had to do to make the achievement unlock was to get another challenge to level up. I've heard that it has to be a challenge transitioning from rank 4 to rank 5 in order to unglitch the achievement. Others say that isn't the case. I'm not sure since his was a rank 4 to 5 situation. In any case, it works. So just level up another challenge until it pops.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #129
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as well. Double & triple checked all of the challenged to make sure I was past level 1. Then I took others advice and leveled up others and still hasn't popped. I'll try the suggestion of leveling something from 4 to 5, but if that doesn't work, I'm gonna be pissed considering how long it to for Lil' Jimmy to show up.

EDIT: So I leveled a challenge from 4 to 5 with no luck, then tried tried from level 5 to complete, and still nothing. I'm not sure what the deal is with this one. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by Double O Slevin; 10-07-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #130
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x THE TORNADO x View Post
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as well. Double & triple checked all of the challenged to make sure I was past level 1. Then I took others advice and leveled up others and still hasn't popped. I'll try the suggestion of leveling something from 4 to 5, but if that doesn't work, I'm gonna be pissed considering how long it to for Lil' Jimmy to show up.

EDIT: So I leveled a challenge from 4 to 5 with no luck, then tried tried from level 5 to complete, and still nothing. I'm not sure what the deal is with this one. Any other suggestions?
Only two challenges I can think of are Splish Splash and face full of buck

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #131
CreepyUncleMike

CreepyUncleMike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteLeafHater View Post
only thing that annoys me about leveling the shotgun challenge to 5 is Ive been using an etech weapon and for some reason even if I am point blank it doesnt count it as a point blank kill
I can do you one better (or worse...). I have one purple shotgun whose kills aren't counting towards my shotgun kills.
CreepyUncleMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #132
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

I have every challenge completed except for the final Shotgun one. Currently sitting at 387 kills out of 750 for Open Wide. Spent hours grinding last night. I've been farming the same areas for a couple of days. If it doesn't unlock after this I'm going to rage. >_o;
Old 10-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #133
guthmund

guthmund's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
I have every challenge completed except for the final Shotgun one. Currently sitting at 387 kills out of 750 for Open Wide. Spent hours grinding last night. I've been farming the same areas for a couple of days. If it doesn't unlock after this I'm going to rage. >_o;
As I understand it, there are two challenges that aren't even available until you complete level five for both splish-splash and open wide.

All I've got left is 200+ more kills to go for open wide and I hope that'll do the trick.
guthmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #134
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthmund View Post
As I understand it, there are two challenges that aren't even available until you complete level five for both splish-splash and open wide.

All I've got left is 200+ more kills to go for open wide and I hope that'll do the trick.
Yep, I know. I've already knocked out everything else. Maxing out Splish Splash was actually fast and rather fun. Open Wide, on the other hand, not so much...
Old 10-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #135
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I can confirm that THIS tactic for JJ works!

Just done it with a friend and over 5 attempts we got him twice! Didn't take more than 20mins max. I added this to the guide a while back, but I'm just confirming it's the best and only way if you can in obtaining the Jenkins challenge.

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #136
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buruma View Post
Yep, I know. I've already knocked out everything else. Maxing out Splish Splash was actually fast and rather fun. Open Wide, on the other hand, not so much...
I know how you feel. I just farmed it out today, took me an hour or so to get over 400 kills. Such a boring challenge. I farmed it at Opportunity on normal. Everything respawns after a while so I didn't have to deal with loading screens.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #137
BBDrew84

Anyone having issues with the challenge, "If you're not first, you're last"? I watched a youtube video showing where the starting line is and I see the challenge unlocks after the bridge jump. I must have made 10 laps last night and still could not get it to unlock. Any advice?? The speedy mcspeederton achievement (or what ever it is called) from BL1 was tons easier.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #138
GOWnage

Mr Desmond Hume's Gamercard
I'm being thick. Please can somebody CONFIRM I don't need to find all the vault logos in each map for the achievement? Cheers

Wallbouncing: making noobs think they're good since 2006.

PC Gamers; the hipsters of gaming.

twitter.com/BenJDufton
GOWnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #139
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWnage View Post
I'm being thick. Please can somebody CONFIRM I don't need to find all the vault logos in each map for the achievement? Cheers
Did you read the guide I made?

No you don't need to find any of them.

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #140
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWnage View Post

"complete level 1 of all NON level specific challenges" i.e if it is under a level name then you dont need to do it..
Old 10-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #141
sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
For those people who've already reached level 50 and have got a decent shotgun, I found it much easier to get Open Wide type kills to register on the bandits in Lynchwood rather than Tundra Express.
You get more bruisers and marshalls who just tend to stand there so you can run right up to them and get a close quarters kill. You get lots of human enemy spawning. When you have killed them all just save and you will restart back in the town with the enemy respawn. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

The 'challenge accepted' popped for me on reaching 750 Open Wide kills as the game had registered that I'd already completed level 4 of Shotgun Sniper. (I have already done the splish splash rocket launcher challenge.

The guide is spot on.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #142
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Does anybody know a good way to boost the one for long range rocket kills? It the last one I need

Edit: nvm just got it and realized I still need splash splash and open wide :/
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"

Last edited by I mak3 big boom; 10-08-2012 at 02:23 AM.
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #143
Double O Slevin

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Maybe I'm missing something. What does fully completing 'Splish Splash' & 'Open Wide' have to do with anything? You only need 5 'Splish Splash' & 10 'Wide Open' to finish lvl 1 of each. Why are people talking about fully completing each challenge?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #144
EliteLeafHater

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x THE TORNADO x View Post
Maybe I'm missing something. What does fully completing 'Splish Splash' & 'Open Wide' have to do with anything? You only need 5 'Splish Splash' & 10 'Wide Open' to finish lvl 1 of each. Why are people talking about fully completing each challenge?
because to get the 2 hidden challenges you have to be level 5 in spish spash and wide open
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #145
Double O Slevin

Wow, okay then, so the amount of challenges shown just wasn't enough I guess. Kinda disappointing that I have to do even more of this pointless grinding, considering I only have about 140 'Wide Open' kills, out of what? 750? At least 'Splish Splash' is almost finished. I was a little confused since it says nothing about "secret/hidden" challenges in the guide. Thanks for filling me in!

Last edited by Double O Slevin; 10-08-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #146
sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
It is quite annoying, but if you start a new character such as Siren you will notice she has only one melee achievement to start with. As soon as you've done the first 10/15 melee kills it unlocks as a second melee challenge and so on.

Having started playthroughs with 4 characters I thought as first they all had slightly different challenge requirements but I think they all end up the same as in the guide.

My first and main playthrough was with the Assassin where I mainly used the Sniper and SMG weapons and later on the rocket launcher. I rarely used the shotgun or assault rifle on that playthrough so again having found Jimmy Jenkins I still had to grind out 750 Shotgun 'Open Wide' point blank range kills.

Starting separate playthroughs with different characters doesn't reset the challenge stats on the original character but you do have to complete them all one of the characters.

To make it easier, try to spread your kills across the different weapons and, try to work on your various shield and second life challenges early on in the game where your character is weaker.

If you looking for Jimmy Jenkins, keeping the 'Doctor Orders' original challenge open (ie don't pick up any of the tapes) is by far the best way. I've got the challenge open on a second playthrough and have found him 3/4 times now in the same place and have helped out other online friends.

Glad to have 1000 gamerscore in the bank.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #147
color82

Color82's Gamercard
Thanks Nozza for this guide.
color82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #148
BooBooKitty82

BooBooKitty82's Gamercard
Great guide. Thanks a lot.
BooBooKitty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #149
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmleicester View Post
My first and main playthrough was with the Assassin where I mainly used the Sniper and SMG weapons and later on the rocket launcher. I rarely used the shotgun or assault rifle on that playthrough so again having found Jimmy Jenkins I still had to grind out 750 Shotgun 'Open Wide' point blank range kills.
I feel your pain. This is exactly what I've experienced. My friend already had half of the kills he needed for Open Wide when we started actively tackling the challenges because he had been using a Gunzerker. He has the challenge achievement now and I'm still grinding out those pesky Shotgun kills. 200 to go. Fuuuu~
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #150
BBDrew84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
Anyone having issues with the challenge, "If you're not first, you're last"? I watched a youtube video showing where the starting line is and I see the challenge unlocks after the bridge jump. I must have made 10 laps last night and still could not get it to unlock. Any advice?? The speedy mcspeederton achievement (or what ever it is called) from BL1 was tons easier.
I am still looking for some insight on this challenge. Anyone?
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote