PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-10-2007, 05:12 AM   #1
Seankichu

Seankichu's Gamercard
When Flatout becomes Pain

Ok I started playing Carnage mode before even finishing the Derby class of Flatout mode just for the hell of it. Holy crap does it get hard!

I was surprised at how much more difficult it is than Flatout mode, but it became apparent that it would be worth golding everything here first so that the best cars are unlocked in Flatout mode before I get to them.

Stunts were ok but sometimes irritatingly tricky. Derbies were no big deal and at worst only took a retry or two. But my god, the last two carnage races were f#$%ed. I spent half a goddamn saturday doing nothing but retrying these two races HUNDREDS of times until I got them in what seemed to be blind chaotic luck.

You'ld think after the relief of beating those two would be the end of it...

LAST F$%#ING BOMB RUN!

I always thought the Flatmobile looked cool and was kinda funny but now...

now............

...when I see it I want to curl into a ball and die in a pool of my own tears...

I am a broken man.

I don't think I've used the C word at my TV so many times before

if the rest of the game wasn't so fun I would wish the makers of this game to mistake a canister of napalm for a glass of OJ.

i just can't seem to properly illustrate the rage dump i took after my 300th retry, i'm talking ceiling shit.

i think my girlfriends scared of me now

f#$% i need to go play some Viva Pinata or something...
Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Face United

FACE UNITED's Gamercard
I know EXACTLY how you feel my friend, at those moments i want to find the makers of this game and who ever was in charge of quality control and burn their house down, Ive got the last bomb run to get gold on and if i make it to the 4th check point it a miracle. but overall what really frustrates me is how can i drive over a 12 inch diameter telephone pole and not lose an ounce of speed, but i hit a few cardboard boxes and my car is flipping 100 meters in the air.
Face United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 AM   #3
Seankichu

Seankichu's Gamercard
Aaa

for me it's usually one of those two garbage bags lying in the first straight alley before the first checkpoint the flips my car every time, I kid you not.

The most disallusioning part of the whole ordeal is the fact that it takes so much luck, focus, and memorisation to get even 3/4 through the run...

...and then you reach the mall...

...seriously, f@#$ the mall.

Once you crash through that glass door into the building there's nothing but marble floor and debry EVERYWHERE, not to mention the trip the the mall is one long left hand curve suggesting the need to drift but the floor combined with the fact that every square inch is cover with goddamn chairs and shit means you gotta be a lucky little bitch to get through there and not lose the time you're gonna need for gold.

It's bad enough staying on the road and on course when you're outside on tarmac but jesus people!

Also, exiting the tunnel and not getting flipped by the lumpy strip of grass between the two roads was hell since you can't really afford to slow down much and the angle of approach sends you straight at it.

We should start AAA meetings for survivors of flatouts final bomb run. Grown men crying into each others arms at the loss of job/family/dignity and telling each other that we are in fact worthy.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
Mtld

Mtld's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hahaha

I can't wait to try this !!

100% Retail = 120

100% Arcade = 113
Mtld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
Seankichu

Seankichu's Gamercard
welcome

I'll get a seat ready for you at the meeting

seriously, this will be the emotional journey you will take:

> > > > > >

god speed young padawan...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #6
Xterm1n8or

Xterm1n8or's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Forza Tournament Winner
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Yeah this was definitely tricky. I did it after trying for a couple of hours last night. Its just about getting the right route and you will do it easily.

Make sure to take the left low road in the first tunnel (not the high road, it is a bit quicker). Bounce round the tires at the corner at the end of the straight. Use NOS into the tunnel which curves right, you should have enough time to slow down slightly, and hold right so you don't go across the grass middle section and flip. Instead go across it smoothly between the first pylon thing and the mini yellow bulldozer.

Then carry on going as quick as possible off the motorway along the left hand bend. There is a checkpoint. A good time will see you pass this checkpoint with about 5 seconds left. This next part before the mall can be tricky. If you're just going for gold, slow down a bit and go on the road around the glass building to the next checkpoint just before the mall entrance.

Into the mall use NOS straight down the middle to the next checkpoint, slide round the corner and use NOS outside the mall. The rest is easy.

Xterm1n8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
Kenty1981

Kenty1981's Gamercard
Guys...its frustrating yes but trust me once you finish it you get a sense of completion in life lol - it took me and my mates about 800 attempts to crack this but we got there in the end.

By far the flatmobile is the mosy annoying part of this game!
Kenty1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:10 AM   #8
Seankichu

Seankichu's Gamercard
not over yet

when i finally made it, i heard angels sing...

now i jst gotta worry about all bonus tracks in flatmobile. I'm assuming its alot easier since they just races but driving that car again will be like a vietnam war vet relapsing into flashbacks of pain and misery, both emotional and physical.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:45 AM   #9
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Seriously, people. I have played all of the Flat Outs to date. Yeah they can be frustrating at parts, but if you get that mad, Turn off the game and do something else. I have been known to swear at my television at the top of my lungs but when anger interferes with the enjoyment of the game its time to walk away.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #10
playmaker2197

Th3Professi0nal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Challenges are what get me up in the morning. If this game is really that tough, I might get this before PGR4
playmaker2197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #11
Gikoma

Gikoma's Gamercard
You're right about the Carnage races, you need luck to complete them. But I think the beat the bomb race is more of skill than luck. You have to know where you should NOS, where not, how far in the corner you can hit the wall not to turn upside down. Where you háve to brake and where not. It's all about practice. If you know the track, it is not that hard anymore. And yes, it really is an accomplishment if you got it. You'll feel so satisfied.

Don't understand me wrong, I have been angry too about this game, but I'm glad I did it.

Good luck with it.
Gikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:43 AM   #12
cassetto

Send a message via MSN to cassetto

cassetto's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
this trial is idiculous. why progammers makes so stupid parts in a beautiful game. for me is total stupidity. like mile high in veteran in cod4. just stupidity.

Last edited by cassetto; 02-03-2008 at 11:39 AM.
cassetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #13
y0bam

Send a message via AIM to y0bam Send a message via MSN to y0bam Send a message via Yahoo to y0bam

Yobam's Gamercard
Ahh hilarious, I needed to view this page after failing for a half hour straight, I'ma put another half hour into it and I'm done, gonna get on with my life
Tip: be sure to isolate yourself, you will hate everyone around you!
Gah, I finally make it to the mall with the mentality to just ride the walls, then I fly into a store and explode instantly, apparently riding the walls only works on this map backwards

Last edited by y0bam; 03-22-2008 at 04:20 PM.
y0bam is offline   Reply With Quote