PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ninja Gaiden 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Test of Valor/Boss Help Thread

Post here if you're having trouble and someone will surely help you. Thanks and good luck!

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
xXHard2BeatXx

xXHard2BeatXx's Gamercard
what is the test of valor what i have to do for it
xXHard2BeatXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
mark212

Bieser101's Gamercard
Ok I am ashamed to say this , but I am having trouble with the Flaming Armadillo. Ive heard people say that he blows them up at the end and thats where they are stuck....no im getting killed as soon as he turns red. And I have no money to buy a rebirth scroll. Any help?
mark212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
mega31

XDarkMegaX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark212 View Post
Ok I am ashamed to say this , but I am having trouble with the Flaming Armadillo. Ive heard people say that he blows them up at the end and thats where they are stuck....no im getting killed as soon as he turns red. And I have no money to buy a rebirth scroll. Any help?
The armadillo is hard don't get embarrassed and anyway i hate to say it but you have to fight two of them on Chapter 12, THAT'S RIGHT TWO at the same time.

When the armadillo turns red, you wont deal any damage as he transforms, when he stops screaming and blowing fire, hell probably turn into a ball, and do the same thing when he wasn't on fire, just do what you do and dodge, and when he stops, start hitting his tail or leg, and if you have a Scyth, i recommend hitting is head, as it deals a great amount of damage, then when he gets down because hes weak press Y and Ryu will do an obliteration technique, and when he lands on the ground, just block the explosion and done.
mega31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
mark212

Bieser101's Gamercard
So scythe.....hmm....I should have upgraded that instead of the Tonfas....damn Thanks a lot. Ill try it here a bit.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
mega31

XDarkMegaX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark212 View Post
So scythe.....hmm....I should have upgraded that instead of the Tonfas....damn Thanks a lot. Ill try it here a bit.
Yeah, i also have seen that the scythe actually deals a lot more damage to bosses to regular weapons, i mean, with the upgraded scythe i managed to kill every boss, and i didnt die as much as i did without them, the scythe does in fact deal a significant amout of damage, and its easier to kill boses with, as with a scyth it will deal damage enough so that you can in fact use healing items without worry that iut will go to waste
mega31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
Lupadi

lupadi's Gamercard
i got problems whit the test of vailor on Chapter 5 =/

Lupadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
dark lars

when are you able to do those missions, i already completed the game on warrior? plies explain
dark lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
Lupadi

lupadi's Gamercard
nvm i just used bow to shoot the flying things then it was easy

Lupadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Zenth Forbias

Send a message via AIM to Zenth Forbias

Rider Kibuto's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark lars View Post
when are you able to do those missions, i already completed the game on warrior? plies explain
In order to do the Test of Valor, you need the Rod of Trials. You get that when you're first in Hayabusa village and you see a screen go to some candles and say "The candles have been lit." Jump over the gate near the candles, press RB when it prompts, and you'll get the rod. Then you'll start seeing glowing circles here and there, those are the Trials.

Zenth Forbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
Storm

Send a message via AIM to Storm

CTC1's Gamercard
Yeah, It will say 'the candles have been lit' once you defeat 'x' amount of foes. They'll keep coming from the stairs near that shrine, so wait around and kill them one by one until that small cinematic shows.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #12
slabhammer

Send a message via MSN to slabhammer

slabhammer's Gamercard
the best tactic against any boss i find is to spam forward and Y when you get the chance with the double sword, it does far more damage in a short amount of time than anything else i have found
slabhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #13
dark lars

sometimes its just luck, at the second form of the final boss i just kept pressing y near his head, my fist zillion attempts failed, but the zillion and 1 worked out for me XD
Old 06-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #14
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Test of Valor on Chapter 5 (Test of Blue) Strategy:
- Switch to Incindinary Shurikens first and TAKE DOWN THOSE Flying Demons first (This is really key as it does kill them quicker, but sometimes if you didn't hit them in the right place they will DIVE BOMB you)
- After those are depleted, switch to arrows and take out the rest that way (There is a arrowed dead body there so you'll have enough).
- After those are done, take out the wolf beats, but they like to throw dead body parts at you.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #15
NCSarty

I did the Chapter 5 test of valor in one try, and I am anything but good at this game. I used the bow, jumped and shot until all the flying demons were dead. Then it was just ultimate technique with lunar staff on the wolves.

The Chapter 7 test of valor I skipped. Those big predator things, 4 gun-shotting ninjas and 3 bazooka shotting ninjas wailed on me. Any one have any advice for this test?
NCSarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:39 AM   #16
JoeOConnell

JoeOConnell's Gamercard
I just beat the test of valour on chapter 7 before hopping on these forums. It took me a few tries, the enemies are very tough. (I'm playing through on warrior first time through. Game only just came out here in england on friday)

Heres the tactic I used.

First things first dodge around the arena, jump and foward+y attack the rocket ninjas with the dragon sword. If you're dodging fast enough (i use LT+direction to get me moving then finish it with a jump. fastest way to traverse in the game I find) then the gun firing ninjas and mini-mech things wont be able to touch you. So yeah slash the rocket ninjas in mid-air with your dive move. You can slash them three times in the air before you land and if you have an upgraded sword their head will usually pop off. Do this for a while and they will stop respawning.

Next focus on the mechs. When they get close use your blade wind ninpo (I had mine at level 3) and one of their limbs will pop off allowing you a obliteration instakill. When you do this make sure you dodge+jump away from the corpse before it explodes - it takes off loads of life. The most you can defeat this way is 7, 4 of your original ninpo and 3 ninpo restore items. I only defeated six this way. A few more come - the way i dealt with these is the same jump+slash until a limb pops off then obliterate.

If you play well enough you should be left with the gun firing ninjas which I brought out my scythe for and finished the job with no problem and little health loss. It annihilates them.

Overall I used a full heal in the form of a Life of a Thousand Gods and 1 medical grain thing (the big heal). Just keep plugging and you should get lucky.
JoeOConnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #17
SoaringEagle

Monsieur Brooks's Gamercard
guys, where is the last test of valor and test of valor #6, i think its between chap 7-8, and the last 1 is after chap 9 for sure rite?

can some1 help me with these 2?

and by help i mean the LOCATION OF THE TEST, not the guys, i can handle them easy. im a vet.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 AM   #18
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Tips for Final Chapter 7 Boss:
- Head On! Apply Incindenary Shurikens directly to the forehead!
- Um...Hold LT. Dead serious, that's it. Hold LT. I think it's BS.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #19
dark lars

i still havn't found that stupid candle so where is this shrine? is it near the suply house which is still locked in chapter 2? cuz there is a stair with men coming down but they stop after 5 or so
Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #20
Dan261

Dan Ace X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark lars View Post
i still havn't found that stupid candle so where is this shrine? is it near the suply house which is still locked in chapter 2? cuz there is a stair with men coming down but they stop after 5 or so
In Chapter 2 after you kill a bunch of guys, it should say "the candles are lit". After that, jump over the rail and take the rod of trials. It's before you start climbing up the stairs to the mountain, you seriously can't miss it.

Seriously 3.0
- 7/25/12
Dan261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #21
dark lars

yey i got it, it's way harder cos i did it on mentor but it finally worked for me
Old 06-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #22
chaosisover

Send a message via AIM to chaosisover

chaosisover's Gamercard
im stuck on the Valor Test on Chapter 4 (Test of Valor 2) because I dont have any heal items, and i dont see a shop anywhere
chaosisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #23
N3m36

Vadok NSC's Gamercard
can i go back to a new game and light the candle there to have the test available in my current game? or is there a way to go back once you completed chapter 2?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:11 AM   #24
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
as far as i know you can't go back, i'm in level 12 but ng2 isn't build like ng1 with all that backtracking possibilities. and i dont think that if you get the rod of trials in a new game, that it will be recognized in your current one.

i did the tests of valor all alone with dragon sword and without the use of healing items. as for test 2, try the Obliteration techs and spam fully loaded UT for some nice kills. and remember to dodge after a kill, because most of the time another fiend will try a jumpgrab on you. keep trying and you will get the skill to beat em fairly easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #25
Kermad

Kermad's Gamercard
Can anyone help with the the Dead Fire Boss (sorry don't know his name). Its in the underworld level (12 or 13 I think).

I don't have any healing potions or anything. I can get him down to half health before he gets his little red creatures to attack me. And at the beginning he flies around and shoots fireballs. Any ideas...???

Kermad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #26
purfectionist

COD GANGSTA's Gamercard
I am having a little trouble with Zedonius on chaper 8 I cant seem to get him past halfway and he flys and does a stomp thing that I cant seem to avoid, anyone have any good tips?
purfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #27
chuyo

Chuyo's Gamercard
Where is the rod of valor in Chp.2 need help
chuyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #28
MyTmouse

MyTmouse's Gamercard
How do you do damage to the Archfiend in lvl 14?
MyTmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #29
mark212

Bieser101's Gamercard
Dude the scythe is amazing

Old 06-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #30
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Chapter 9 - Test of Red
- It's next a save point, you can't miss it. If you do...you have problems, heh heh
- I beat it in under 2 minutes on Acolyte (It's now my Uploaded Movie), as all I did was spam UT. It's really easy, no matter how you approach it.

Completed Games: