PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate
Halo 4
Quick links
Latest news
Jul 09, 2014 Xbox 360 Ultimate Games Sale Day Two - Halo 4, Batman Blackgate, Dragon Age II
Apr 15, 2014 Halo 4 'Ninja Assassins' Playlist Incoming
Apr 03, 2014 Report: Ridley Scott to Exec Produce Halo 'Digital Feature'
Jan 30, 2014 Rumour: Halo 2 Anniversary Coming to Xbox One With Halo 5 Beta Key
Nov 08, 2013 Halo 4 Blooper Reel Shows the Stuff That Never Made it

Old 08-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #31
Ty-Rex

Gamertag: Tylord824

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed - Tier 4   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Montymort View Post
The only thing I don't really like about this list is been expected to play though on Co-Op. It's hard enough trying to schedule a time to play with any of my friends these days as it is, no way we're gonna find time to play though the entire game. Co-Op should always be optional, not mandatory.
You can always plug in a second controller if you have one.

Doing that also lets you just throw bodies at the enemies non-stop until you win. This is assuming there's no Gimmicky Space Mission Section™ like in Long Night of Solace.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #32
ajennice

Gamertag: ajennice00

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Looks lie a nice majority can be nailed during 1 Co-Op run through.... nice
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #33
Der Fuhrer

Gamertag: Panzer x360a

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer (Retired)   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth (Retired)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
Lone Wolf Legend
Complete the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty.
90 points

Bromageddon
Complete the Campaign co-operatively on Heroic or harder.
40 points
An interesting combination, probably 3 total playthroughs to get these two achievements plus all the collectables and mission-specific tasks. Overall I like it though, hopefully the Spartan Ops are not that hard. One question though, does this mean there are no skulls to find in the game and are just options (like in Reach) or is there just no achievement related to finding them?

Last edited by Der Fuhrer; 08-24-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #34
MixMaker1

Gamertag: MixMaker117
Super pumped for these. While these are "easier" than most of the other Halo games - they're all attainable and don't require any boosting in MP (Wargames).

This is a big plus for me as I've collected ALL the Halo achievements in the franchise. I'm going to make a breakdown video of the achievements soon and will post it here.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #35
halorvb13

Gamertag: Sigma 1313
I think I'm going to do something totally insane and do my first playthrough solo legendary.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #36
B0seiju

Gamertag: b0seiju
Again no "make 5 supercombine / needler kills" achievements. 343 Ruined halo, you hear me, they fucking ruined it .

// Rage modus off.

Looks like a decent list. Nothing special, nothing impossible, probably completable in 15-25 hours. And then there is that stupid part they call multiplayer which will suck up your sociallife, (school)work and other things that aren't multiplayer related.
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #37
Combaticon

Gamertag: Dark Paladin II
Whoever decided to put in Solo Legendary achievements should be taken to a dark room and beaten up with nunchucks.

"A Monument to All Your Sins" was bad enough, but this is getting ridiculous (unless there's an invincibility Skull or something).

I have no love whatsoever for achievements like those.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #38
MixMaker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combaticon View Post
Whoever decided to put in Solo Legendary achievements should be taken to a dark room and beaten up with nunchucks.

"A Monument to All Your Sins" was bad enough, but this is getting ridiculous (unless there's an invincibility Skull or something).
I LOVED it in Reach. Speedrunning + tips made it pretty easy to do. LASO is an entirely different beast, however. I love the fact I will have to tackle Halo 4 on solo Legendary.

The real question for me is to do this on Normal/Heroic first to get throufgh the story or tackle it immediately, and stay away from online spoilers etc, via Legendary. Hmmmm...

UPCOMING!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #39
RBmaster9345

Gamertag: BossRuckley

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
No skull achievements? I hope they wotn do skulls like ODST and just al be unlocked by default. Skull hunting has always been one of the best parts of Halo.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #40
niko da bos

Gamertag: asari command0

Quote:
Originally Posted by halorvb13 View Post
I think I'm going to do something totally insane and do my first playthrough solo legendary.
not totally, i always do the campaign solo legendary before multiplayer. also i think it will fit into the other modes more than before, if you look at how they made Halo4 it actually ties the gamemodes into eachother quite well. but i always enjoy beating the campaign first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combaticon View Post

I have no love whatsoever for achievements like those.
i find them very satisfying, but its prolly a bias opinion considering i always beat the campaign on solo legendary regardless. with determination and patience i think any halo player can manage solo legendary, its just most people give up or cant be bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
No skull achievements? I hope they wotn do skulls like ODST and just al be unlocked by default. Skull hunting has always been one of the best parts of Halo.
agree, i enjoy finding the skulls and unlocking them like that. since there are no achievements, unfortunately im guessing they just give you the skulls
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #41
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Gamertag: DarkReign2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
I LOVED it in Reach. Speedrunning + tips made it pretty easy to do. LASO is an entirely different beast, however. I love the fact I will have to tackle Halo 4 on solo Legendary.

The real question for me is to do this on Normal/Heroic first to get throufgh the story or tackle it immediately, and stay away from online spoilers etc, via Legendary. Hmmmm...
Agreed, I loved 'MFAYS" in Halo: Reach. It was a true achievement that set apart the boys from the men. You couldn't really boost that achievement, so people that have it could sit there and be proud of that accomplishment.

As for the overall, I've got to say I'm happy with the tasks at hand and I plan to have single-player related achievements done in 24 hours as is tradition, though a couple things I'm noticing have me disappointed.

1. Only 8 missions? My only hope is that they're really long missions because otherwise this is going to be a really short game. I'm pretty sure this Campaign would be about the length of ODST if that's the case.

2. Looking at all the secondary achievements for each level, it looks like there's still going to be a large amount of covenant interaction. Jacking wraiths, killing hunters and gravity hammer... I knew they would be in the levels to some degree, but the fact that 4 levels warranted covenant-related achievements suggests Forerunner involvement may not be as heavy as originally believed. Only 1 achievement even relates to the Forerunner.

Other than that, nothing too terrible to complain about. Hopefully Spartan-Ops isn't as repetitive as Firefight or beating a chapter solo on Legendary WILL be annoying. Looks like the rest of the S-OPs cheevos will be simple enough. Since they're released episodically, not a lot any of us can do to get them until they come out. We'll just have to focus on reaching that SR-20 rank and completing the 25 challenges in the meantime.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #42
ReverendSID

Gamertag: ReverendSID

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
not totally, i always do the campaign solo legendary before multiplayer.
I did Reach and CEA on Legendary Solo. Definitely planning on doing this one too. Frankly, I don't even like playing the campaign Co-Op, multiplayer's for shooting the other people not working with them.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #43
AKjuggaloborder

Gamertag: AKjuggaloborder
I never thought playing on solo legendary would be fun. I always thought I would get flustered and angry without having fun with the game; however, I was completely wrong. Going for MFAYS in Reach was by far the funnest time I have had playing a game. I'm so pumped to do it again in Halo 4!
AKjuggaloborder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #44
MixMaker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Agreed, I loved 'MFAYS" in Halo: Reach. It was a true achievement that set apart the boys from the men. You couldn't really boost that achievement, so people that have it could sit there and be proud of that accomplishment.

As for the overall, I've got to say I'm happy with the tasks at hand and I plan to have single-player related achievements done in 24 hours as is tradition, though a couple things I'm noticing have me disappointed.

1. Only 8 missions? My only hope is that they're really long missions because otherwise this is going to be a really short game. I'm pretty sure this Campaign would be about the length of ODST if that's the case.

2. Looking at all the secondary achievements for each level, it looks like there's still going to be a large amount of covenant interaction. Jacking wraiths, killing hunters and gravity hammer... I knew they would be in the levels to some degree, but the fact that 4 levels warranted covenant-related achievements suggests Forerunner involvement may not be as heavy as originally believed. Only 1 achievement even relates to the Forerunner.

Other than that, nothing too terrible to complain about. Hopefully Spartan-Ops isn't as repetitive as Firefight or beating a chapter solo on Legendary WILL be annoying. Looks like the rest of the S-OPs cheevos will be simple enough. Since they're released episodically, not a lot any of us can do to get them until they come out. We'll just have to focus on reaching that SR-20 rank and completing the 25 challenges in the meantime.
Agree with everything you said.

I definitely think I'm going to go for all the SP achievements within 24 hours. It's going to be crazy... I am beyond excited for this game, I'm just amped up beyond belief. Halo is the pinnacle of gaming for me and I cannot wait to play 4!

UPCOMING!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #45
niko da bos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
I did Reach and CEA on Legendary Solo. Definitely planning on doing this one too. Frankly, I don't even like playing the campaign Co-Op, multiplayer's for shooting the other people not working with them.
lol! co-op is fun with friends i think, if they're randoms then no. usually i end up wanting to kill them lol. you did CEA on solo legendary? well played sir, i couldnt manage it. maybe someday i will try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post

good observations, 8 missions does seems a little short when you think about it. but lets hope they are longer , i actually felt ODST campaign was kind of legnthy. but that might of just been my personal experience, because i spent a lot of time exploring.

i think the foreunner will still play a big role, from what ive heard / read its basically their planet that chief lands on? i tried not to get too much info on campaign in fear of spoilers.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #46
ZingZitang

Gamertag: ZingZitang

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0seiju View Post
Again no "make 5 supercombine / needler kills" achievements. 343 Ruined halo, you hear me, they fucking ruined it .

. . . Uhh. . . 343 ruined Halo because they dont have a generic "Kill this many people with (insert Weapon)" Achievement? What?

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #47
ReverendSID

Gamertag: ReverendSID

Quote:
lol! co-op is fun with friends i think, if they're randoms then no. usually i end up wanting to kill them lol. you did CEA on solo legendary? well played sir, i couldnt manage it. maybe someday i will try again.
Well, yes with friends it would be more fun. I don't have many friends who play the series though, and those that do aren't on at the same times usually. Definitely not enough to go through the entire campaign with.

As for CEA, I was mistaken actually, there was one level that I did with a second controller. Technically that's still solo, but it made the level much easier (for the cheevos.) Actually, there were a number of cheevos that required me replaying certain levels with a second controller, but only one that I only did the one time. There were a number of hair pulling moments on Legendary, and a few spots that I got stuck for an hour or so cause of bad loadouts and checkpoints at just the wrong time. But it's manageable. Honestly the hardest part cheevo wise was the damn warthog ride at the end.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #48
MixMaker1

Quote:
I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

My two issues are:
1. Beating the game quickly that first night and experiencing the storyline.
2. Not spoiling any story stuff

If I do Normal or Heroic - we could miss out on a Legendary ending, people will be talking about it in MP so that would suck. And if I start it on Legendary, may not have enough time to beat the whole thing in a night... that being said, I'd love to try

UPCOMING!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #49
lifeexpectancy

Gamertag: LifeExpectancy

So I guess some forum nazi mod decided to remove my poll thread. I realize this thread is already here for "achievement discussion", but taking a poll to see what % of people here are disappointed by the lack of originality in the achievement list is a different thing if you ask me, and was fine in its own thread.

Ah well, wtf-ever. It seems the forums here on x360a are getting more over-moderated by the day.

On topic: This list is very unoriginal and disappoints me after how awesome the list for Halo CE:A was.
Landed on exactly 500,000/500,000gs with exactly 18500 achievements and exactly 500 games. All 100% including DLC. Was going hard the first half of January to reach that goal! Finished it on 1-19-2016. Final achievement: Completion Serenity in Nero.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #50
niko da bos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
If I do Normal or Heroic - we could miss out on a Legendary ending, people will be talking about it in MP so that would suck. And if I start it on Legendary, may not have enough time to beat the whole thing in a night... that being said, I'd love to try
thats one reason i typically beat the campaign before touching MP, always weary of spoilers. but also its just habbit now i suppose, when i first started halo i didnt even have XBL so campaign was everything.

actually knew a kid in high school who beat H3 that night it came out, on solo legendary. none of us believed him until we saw it on his gamertag, i couldnt imagine running thru an entire campaign on solo legendary in one night. i will hop right into it, but that playthru will take me probably a couple days.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #51
MixMaker1

Quote:
thats one reason i typically beat the campaign before touching MP, always weary of spoilers. but also its just habbit now i suppose, when i first started halo i didnt even have XBL so campaign was everything.

actually knew a kid in high school who beat H3 that night it came out, on solo legendary. none of us believed him until we saw it on his gamertag, i couldnt imagine running thru an entire campaign on solo legendary in one night. i will hop right into it, but that playthru will take me probably a couple days.
I'm making it my mission to defeat it on Legendary in my first night. I think that's what I'm going to try and do!

UPCOMING!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #52
LickableLemons7

Gamertag: LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I'm too scared to romp through Halo 4 on solo legendary for my first go. Those Prometheans look like they can dish out some serious punishment.

I might do heroic, maybe with a friend joining for the ride so we can get those co-op achievements out of the way earlier. As long as heroic is still considered "the way Halo is meant to be played."
Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #53
InjectDisparity

Gamertag: Injectdisparity
I really like this list! A bit dissapointed not seeing the skulls achievements return though. Just hope I enjoy Spartan Ops :P
InjectDisparity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #54
Kaiyo

Gamertag: KaiyoOrganiz

I start out on Normal then Heroic then Legendary.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #55
Viper187
Banned User

Gamertag: NoLifeDGenerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
On topic: This list is very unoriginal and disappoints me after how awesome the list for Halo CE:A was.
Well, there's no crazy matchmaking stuff. I'll take it!

Hopefully I can knock out everything quick and focus on just enjoying the game, assuming it doesn't suck. If it sucks, then it's still an easy 1000.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #56
Ctrl Alt Defeat

Gamertag: CtrI Alt Defeat
Halo has always keep in simple with achievements. Except the Two for One laser in H3 that I never got, and the various firefight ones in ODST.

These seem simple enough.

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
343 Pls.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #57
lifeexpectancy

Gamertag: LifeExpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
Well, there's no crazy matchmaking stuff. I'll take it!

Hopefully I can knock out everything quick and focus on just enjoying the game, assuming it doesn't suck. If it sucks, then it's still an easy 1000.
I too am glad there arenty any moronic MP ones and am very glad solo legendary is back, but I just think they did a great job on CE:A's achievements and missed a chance to repeat that.

I still don't get why people wussed out and used 2 controllers or a partner to male CE:A's achievements easier. I did every achievement in that game solo with no skulls and no extra controller, THEN did the co-op and skulls achievements. It wasn't even that challenging, but what little challenge it posed made it fun. Wimping out on them with bandanna or co-op would ruin the fun.
Landed on exactly 500,000/500,000gs with exactly 18500 achievements and exactly 500 games. All 100% including DLC. Was going hard the first half of January to reach that goal! Finished it on 1-19-2016. Final achievement: Completion Serenity in Nero.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #58
Revelo

Gamertag: Revelo
As I've made it a tradition of sorts to 100% every Halo game I get, will be sure to do this one, the Co Op one will be a challenge, delighted they brought back solo Legendary.

Completed Games

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Fallout 3
Forza Motorsport 3
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Reach
Revelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #59
BiggD
White Wolf

Gamertag: BiggDope

Awards Showcase Staff Club - BiggD   Staff - Community Team - Guide Team   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 4   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 3   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Spiral 462   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 4   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
Solo Legendary on that very midnight I pick up the game. It's the only way to go about doing it!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #60
Barad

Gamertag: Barad 007

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Staff Club - Barad   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 4   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 2   Barad's Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Diamond   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Micro Guide - Platinum   Community Challenge Competition - 1000+ Points
Total Awards: 33 (more» ...)
I'll play solo Normal then solo Legendary just like I did on Reach, can't wait!