2nd playthrough - Legendary solo
Eski Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #62
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Got 2 days paid off from work to play it. Figure I can have the Campaign beaten Solo Legendary the first day, than the co-op run and miscellaneous achievements will come quickly after that. Once you beat the game on Legendary by yourself everything else becomes a trial of patience and nothing more. lol.

I've never understood playing through a game on a lesser difficulty unless it involves NG+ like Mass Effect or Borderlands. With a game like Halo, your abilities are the same all the way through and no matter how bad you are at the game, the enemy is your best teacher. If you get stuck at a part, your countless deaths will teach you and hone you until you can overcome it. You acquire skills and a new perspective on how to play the game when you do it the 'masochist' way.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #63
Bonedecapitater

Bonedecapitater's Gamercard
Cool

They really do seem pretty easy, seems that it's most fairly straight forward, can't wait to see how it fully plays with all the new features.
Bonedecapitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #64
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
From a GameFly (or maybe it was IGN or even this site here) article I read a few days ago, the playtester/reporter was having quite an amount of trouble going through the game - on normal. They attributed it to not being conditioned to the new enemy types but I don't know...

I'm not sure how that makes me feel.
On one hand, it will make legendary an actual achievement, and every checkpoint received will actually feel like a victory.
On the other hand, a lot of swears will be dropped, controllers smashed, and puppies drowned (or maybe just the first one)

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Vectorman953; 10-11-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #65
Au Asterix

au asterix's Gamercard
I am actually a little disappointed with the list. I must be the only person that liked the previous online achievements, hard achievements made you feel like you actually earned them. I like the fact that getting 100% achievement completion for the previous games meant something.
Au Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #66
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Got 2 days paid off from work to play it. Figure I can have the Campaign beaten Solo Legendary the first day, than the co-op run and miscellaneous achievements will come quickly after that. With a game like Halo...no matter how bad you are at the game, the enemy is your best teacher.
Same here man I'm planning to do Legendary Solo on the first day, however I really hope there's not too many tough sections that tempt me in wanting to take an unnecessary break. The sentence I bolded...I love that quote.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #67
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au Asterix View Post
I am actually a little disappointed with the list. I must be the only person that liked the previous online achievements, hard achievements made you feel like you actually earned them. I like the fact that getting 100% achievement completion for the previous games meant something.
I understand hard achievements making you feel like you earned them. (Like I felt like I earned Monument to All Your Sins) But I feel that some of the online achievements for previous Halo games were more luck based, or promotive of boosting than actually earning. Also, the number of them that were to do a very specific action on a very specific map.... kinda sucked IMO. That said, I do feel that giving achievements for changing a loadout or altering your stance is a little lame.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #68
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman953 View Post
From a GameFly (or maybe it was IGN or even this site here) article I read a few days ago, the playtester/reporter was having quite an amount of trouble going through the game - on normal. They attributed it to not being conditioned to the new enemy types but I don't know...

I'm not sure how that makes me feel.
On one hand, it will make legendary an actual achievement, and every checkpoint received will actually feel like a victory.
On the other hand, a lot of swears will be dropped, controllers smashed, and puppies drowned (or maybe just the first one)

I didn't notice the spoiler segment until I hit the quote button, but that's exactly what I was gonna say. The reporter probably just sucks. I know they upped the difficulty a little, but it can't be that much of a hike. I don't think anything will ever top the difficulty of Halo 2 sans the Noob Combo.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #69
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:

my thoughts exact lol!

Last edited by BiggD; 10-16-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #70
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Hmmmmm. Lookin at this list again, are there any really "boostable" ones? So is there even a need for a boosting thread this time around? Seems like an awfully easy list with no real multiplier ones.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #71
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Hmmmmm. Lookin at this list again, are there any really "boostable" ones? So is there even a need for a boosting thread this time around? Seems like an awfully easy list with no real multiplier ones.
Nah, I don't think a boosting thread will be necessary for the retail list. Maybe for future DLC though.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #72
DarkReign2021
Banned User

It's an easy list, but the ones involving co-op could potentially require "boosting" because they're friends either suck at the game (Hello ) or they're anti-social and don't have friends to play it with (Had that issue with Halo: Reach when all of my "friends" ditched Halo for CoD. I no longer speak to them. lol)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #73
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:

It's been 4 days since my last post in the Blackout thread...

Must...post...something...in...Halo...4...forums.. .

Must...post...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...hinks-So-.html

I'm not so great with these blackout things...but I've managed to avoid the poo on YouTube and other places. Seems like the x360a forums are doing fine, so I'll pop in from time to time, but most likely not everyday.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #74
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
It's an easy list, but the ones involving co-op could potentially require "boosting" because they're friends either suck at the game (Hello ) or they're anti-social and don't have friends to play it with (Had that issue with Halo: Reach when all of my "friends" ditched Halo for CoD. I no longer speak to them. lol)
As you shouldn't, lol! Same thing happened with me. I had a good group of 4-6 friends that I used to play Halo 3 with, now I'm down to 1 for Halo 4 -__-

Old 10-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #75
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
The list looks a lot easier compared to Halo 3 and a lot similar to Halo Reach. Laid back multiplayer and solo Legendary should be sweet! Truely can't wait.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #76
Downesey

SR1 Dan's Gamercard
The skulls are unlocked as standard, and theyre all the usual fayre tbh :/ im not a huge fan of this list, i guess only playing it will tell how easily things can be done
Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #77
Goblin93

this list doesnt look to bad but i know for a fact this game is going to be upped to either a 1700 or maybe a 2000 game no doubt within months
Goblin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #78
WhiteWolfDamo

whitewolfdamo's Gamercard
I'm not too keen on the legendary solo achievement so 910g will probably be my limit I didn't to the solo one in Reach either.

I did do most of Halo CE:A solo on legendary but then I had the infinite ammo skull and grunt birthday turned on so I sat far away from the enemy and spammed plasma grenades.
WhiteWolfDamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #79
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard

Cool

Midnight release:

I get home, I start on Legendary Solo. Hopefully finish it before my friends pick up the game after work those days or what-have-you.

Later that day: If my friends finally own the game, I'll play it on Heroic with them.

After I finish up the campaign on both accounts...

I spend the next 7 days levelling up in Halo Multiplayer for unlocks and loadout customizations If I'm lucky, I'll reach "Specializations" within a week or two of playing.

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #80
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
I never got around to soloing Reach on legendary, but I'm determined to do it in Halo 4. If things get too hard, I'll look a few YouTube speed run guides lol
Old 10-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #81
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Honestly, Reach solo on Legendary wasn't that hard. It mostly just came down to pacing yourself and taking your time in a few places. The only time I found it got hard was when I'd hit a checkpoint at exactly the moment I didn't want to (like down to one clip with 4 enemies still alive and you step over the invisible line that makes it go Saved! ). That and the very end of Pillar of Autumn. That cannon sequence was really unforgiving on Legendary. But it was worth it when I finished it all. So yeah, definitely plan on doing it again for 4.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #82
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
Honestly, Reach solo on Legendary wasn't that hard. It mostly just came down to pacing yourself and taking your time in a few places. The only time I found it got hard was when I'd hit a checkpoint at exactly the moment I didn't want to (like down to one clip with 4 enemies still alive and you step over the invisible line that makes it go Saved! ). That and the very end of Pillar of Autumn. That cannon sequence was really unforgiving on Legendary. But it was worth it when I finished it all. So yeah, definitely plan on doing it again for 4.
It actually wasn't that hard at all. "Noob Combo" through most of it, and realize that there are a COUPLE places where it becomes much easier to simply run PAST the enemies instead of actually fighting them. In fact, on the last mission, you can skip most of it by simply sneaking around the encounters or running past them as fast as possible (like with a Mongoose or sprint).

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #83
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
... That and the very end of Pillar of Autumn. That cannon sequence was really unforgiving on Legendary.
Pretty much the bane of my existence right there.
To have completed everything, without any major problems, and then get stuck death after death after death trying to use the cannon... It was almost will-breaking. And I'm not one to throw my controller, flip over a table and cry in the fetal position after 50+ tries but...

Then again, I massively failed at the first time you're shooting the grenade launcher out the hornet on my first/heroic play through, but on legendary I made it in one pass...

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:56 PM   #84
Mr. Smith

UnbornPayload's Gamercard
I wish they would do more Vidmaster like achievements. Like the one from Halo 3 where you had to complete the last campaign mission with four players, on legendary, with Iron skull activated, and everyone had to be in ghosts. That was a fun achievement.
Mr. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #85
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Smith View Post
i wish they would do more vidmaster like achievements. Like the one from halo 3 where you had to complete the last campaign mission with four players, on legendary, with iron skull activated, and everyone had to be in ghosts. That was a fun achievement.
nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:12 AM   #86
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm gonna do Legendary solo the first day and Heroic co-op the second day. If anyone wants to do co-op with me add me on XBL.

GT = I Draxus I

PS- The weekend after it comes out I'm playing literally all day for 3 days straight

Completed Retail: 41
Completed Arcade: 25
Most Proud Completion: Perfect Dark Zero

3rd Place in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops Infinity Challenge
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #87
ICEMAN22D

mikey 859's Gamercard
I'm up for any achivo's message or add me gt: mikey 859
oh by the way i'm in the UK
ICEMAN22D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #88
Fantasy2506

Fantasy2506's Gamercard
I dont know how to do the achievement Game Changer.... Anyone can explain to me??
Fantasy2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #89
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Started on Easy. I want to enjoy the story and game, without feeling frustrated or angry. I will progress to harder difficulties later on.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #90
Damoss
Banned User

LeU Damoss's Gamercard
Regarding the "A Legendary Episode" acievement:

I completed all the Chapters online on legendary but the achievement did not pop.

I then returned to the first Chapter and completed it ALONE on legendary and it unlocked.

Just a quick fix for anyone else who may have issues. This will also net you the "Crimson Alone" achievement, and it's rather simple completing them on legendary solo.
Damoss is offline   Reply With Quote