PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sega Vintage Collection: ToeJam and Earl > ToeJam and Earl
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Ceejus

Send a message via AIM to Ceejus Send a message via Yahoo to Ceejus Send a message via Skype™ to Ceejus

Prepare to Lag's Gamercard
Well... this came out of left field

I was shocked to see an achievement list pop up for this. I remember back in 2007 or 2008, Sega held a poll on their web site for which classic Genesis game people would like to see the most on Arcade, and this game won. However, all sorts of issues arose between Sega and the original developer which prevented this from actually happening. They couldn't reach an agreement, and the idea was put on the backburner indefinitely. It's now Q3 of 2012 and out of nowhere this just pops up with no news what so ever. Don't get me wrong, this is awesome, but geez it just goes to show you how ridiculous the game industry has become. It would have been nice to see this 5 freaking years ago. Reminds me of Dark Void's patch/DLC coming out 2 years after the game's release with no formal announcement what so ever.

Anyways, I'll bet you anything Sega bit their tongue on this one and finally agreed to a deal with M2 due to their current financial situation. They are looking to anything they possibly can right now that could be even a slight money maker. This is evident due to the fact that Sonic CD, NiGHTS, Jet Set Radio, and Sonic Adventure 2 have all been released/announced recently. All cult favorites, but arguably some of which weren't ever all that mainstream in the overall gaming world. Either way, Sega's financial hardships are pushing them towards complete fan service recently, and I commend them for that and hope this serves as a good example for other publishers/developers to follow.

As for the game, hopefully we'll be hearing some news soon on when and how this agreement was finally reached, and one more thing -- I am ready for a nostalgia rush and a half with TJ&E, and here's to hoping for ONLINE CO-OP! :-)
Completed + all DLC: 24 | Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Kazooie N&B, Banjo-Tooie, Dash of Destruction, Fable II, Fable III, Halo 3, ODST, Halo Reach, Harm's Way, Hydrophobia, Monopoly Streets, Silent Hill Homecoming, Sonic's UGC, Sonic Adventure, Sonic & Knux, Sonic & Sega ASR, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, South Park, Ult. MK3, WWE All Stars

Completed (minus DLC): 3 | Dark Void, Resident Evil 5, Force Unleashed

Last edited by Ceejus; 08-23-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Ceejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
I'm much preferring the M2 Sega Vintage releases than Backbone's ports though and if it had been released earlier we might not have got what's quite likely to be a quality release now. I'm just glad they've eventually got round to doing this though.

Now what would be really nice is if they eventually follow up with some kind of a "Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion and Quackshot" vintage release. If it's a matter of them being pushed by their financial hardship like you said then IMO that would be a good idea (assuming that any potential licensing negotiations go well).

Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
MC Kazoo

MC Kazoo's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure the creators of the games had announced both games were coming to XBox Live, that was the only thing they said though. No release date was given. But i'm surprised too, I have been waiting for this for such a long time.

Looking for Otaku friends on XBL!
-_-R.I.P. mygamercard.net 2005-2011-_-

3DS FC: 0130-1836-9252
MC Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
Pizzaface

Laserbeak99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn13 View Post
I'm much preferring the M2 Sega Vintage releases than Backbone's ports though and if it had been released earlier we might not have got what's quite likely to be a quality release now. I'm just glad they've eventually got round to doing this though.

Now what would be really nice is if they eventually follow up with some kind of a "Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion and Quackshot" vintage release. If it's a matter of them being pushed by their financial hardship like you said then IMO that would be a good idea (assuming that any potential licensing negotiations go well).
Those Mickey Mouse games? Hell yeah! There was one with Minnie & Mickey that was co-op too. Sega would probably have to strike some sort of deal with Disney though.
Pizzaface is offline   Reply With Quote