PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure HD Ver.
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Wtf...

Oooookay.. so what in the hell is JoJo and why is this game 1600 points? It's apparently some remake of an 8 bit game I never heard of and it's selling for 4 times the price of other remade games of it's quality.

Is it a game from the old Neo Geo handheld?

Seriously.. any clarification would be appreciated. I'm completely lost here. Considering a grand total of 2 people on these forums have earned achievements for it i'm probably not alone here.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JoJo%27s+Bizarre+Adventure

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nice one Pants, maybe he should refer to here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardust_Crusaders

Sig by Setsuna
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
JamesSlips

JamesSlips's Gamercard
Jojo is just the second manliest manga on the face of this earth.I really feel sorry for people who dont pick this up because 1600 is too steep for them(GET A JOB YOU BUMS!).

KOFXIII
: ExIori,Leona and Kyo 3rd Strike: Q,Elena GG: Baiken,Bridget SSF4: Vega Jojo:Jotaro,Shadow Dio Tekken6: Dragunov TTT2: Dragunov and ???
I hate the art of fighting but I wanna be the king of fighters
JamesSlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSlips View Post
Jojo is just the second manliest manga on the face of this earth.I really feel sorry for people who dont pick this up because 1600 is too steep for them(GET A JOB YOU BUMS!).
I feel happy about not wasting my hard earned money on a remake of a old fighter. Arcade games should never be 1600 points. 1600 is to steep not because I can't afford it but because I'm smart with my money. By all means get the game if you feel the games worth that amount but IMO the games barely even worth half that.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's one of the best fighters I've ever played and I would have bought it but I just don't agree with the 1600MSP asking price. It's a bit much, same price as Minecraft but I can get more hours of entertainment out of MC rather than this. 400MSP more than MvC2 but I bought that as soon as it appeared on the marketplace.

It's like Capcom are deliberately shooting themselves in the foot with every single game they release now.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Seems to me that Capcom are aiming only at JoJo fans with this. It couldn't have costed very much to develop and the price is high, which would seem to indicate they want to get their spent money back with as few sales as possible.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Prok

PorkCrusher's Gamercard
Yup I think that's the case Doopliss, seems CAPCOM prefer to get the most they can out of the guaranteed fan base, rather than try to market such a weird game to a wider audience.

I'm a big fighting game fan but never played JoJo's (remember seeing it when it came out back in the day). Wasn't it PS2-era? Anyway hopefully there's a demo, or one of my housemates get it, as 1600 space bucks is too much to get it and hope I like and play it.
Prok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #9
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
That was actually really funny, I haven't seen that before.

It was more of a question about the cost which googling didn't really help me with. When Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and similar games released they were all 400 MSP, but this one is 1600. The above posters pretty much covered what I was inquiring about, but considering it's nothing I ever played in the past, the appeal for the price isn't there for me.

If there was a completely new game that included the original version also it would be a different story, but I can understand Capcom milking fans of an old genre as well, i've bought most of their RE remakes.

Thanks for the replies, sorry for being a dickbag and not researching before posting.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
Tangled Virus

TangledVirus's Gamercard
JoJo is the HD remake of the game JoJo's bizarre adventure: heritage for the future.
The game uses the manga (japanese comic book) JoJo's bizarre adventure the are now 8 parts each part is set on the same universe but you don't need to read them on any particular order the is set on part 3 which is considered the best part (not for me, i like it but I like part 5 more). I hope it help it.
Tangled Virus is offline   Reply With Quote