Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
WeiTizzlE

WeiTizzlE's Gamercard
is this game worth buying?

hi guys

Thinking buying this game!
but not sure if its as fun as the other dirt games

ps. what is the max number of player for split screen mode?
WeiTizzlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
frankthechamp

I completed Dirt Showdown last week and I'm back here for some feedback as it may help others.

I have to say that it's a really fun game but that it's not for the ''Hardcore Rally Racers''. What I mean by "Hardcore Rally Racers" is that this game is barely rally racing. It's more like a destruction derby. I bought Dirt 3 but did not play it yet, so I don't know what it looks like. What I can say though, is that it's far from being like Dirt 1 and 2 which I played. If you are someone looking for serious racing, then pass your turn, because this is a demolition derby game more than a racing one. That being said, the game is fun anyway. It's a little bit like Ridge Racer Unbounded. It's not like the previous Ridge Racers but it's fun to play.

Now for the question if you should buy it or not. If you want to play it online, I think it would be great to buy it. I did not play online, but just by seeing the game modes, it looks really fun. Maybe there is lag or some other issues, I can't tell you though. If you just want to get through the solo part of the game, rent it. It's fun, but 10 hours and you're done (Maybe 15-17 if you're not really into driving cars).

Overall it's a great game, but the solo career is way too short in my opinion.
frankthechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Barad
Nice One Bungie

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
If you can get it for under 15 then I guess it's pretty much worth it, you won't play it past the achievements though..game gets really boring quite quickly and you just want it to end. It's really a party game that will come and go. Splitscreen is 2 I think but not sure it might be 4.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's 12 quid from shopto atm, i got this as my rental today and i think im going to buy it and send the rental back. I have played it a bit before on and off aswell and i quite enjoy the destruction derby style, but this is not Dirt as you know, thus why its not called Dirt 4 Think of it as the dirt engine/gui style of game, but the driving and races are more fun and kaos rather than precise driving. Reminds me of the older Need for Speeds a bit, without the open world.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
evilution666

evilution666's Gamercard
You can pick this game for around a fiver now - I paid 4.85 - one of the best fivers I have spent, much fun, nice refreshing brainless fun with big brash colours and sound in a world of boring identikit grey FPS games.
evilution666 is offline   Reply With Quote