PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Risen 2: Dark Waters
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Exclamation HUGE bug -_-

Alright so im really far into the game. I need to meet Slayne in courtyard so i can kill him. I intiate the duel and he attacks me but cant hurt me and i cant hurt him.

I think im screwed -_-
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Darth Villainous

DarthVillainous's Gamercard
Wow, that sucks. I googled it, and it seems that was an issue with the PC release back in April (and yet they *still* didn't fix it for the 360 release, even though it was months later... just like the cannon sabotage quest earlier on... ). Anyway, the solutions people posted that apparently worked were:

1. "You need to reload your savegame from the Isle of Thieves and let him lead." (did you run around on your own and find the chest yourself?)

2. "Just create a crowd of townsfolk/monsters by aggroing them and try to position yourself between them and Slayne so they hit him while hitting you. It is a bit cumbersome but I succeeded that way.

Basically you start to fight him, then move him near people/out into the fields with monsters, then you attack the people to make them hostile and then you keep manouvering so they hit him while they try to hit you. They dont start to fight, that's what makes it quite hard to pull off. You make their blows that are meant for you, hit him."

Apparently the bug is caused when you're supposed to be following Slayne (on the Isle of Thieves, I assume? The person who posted this info didn't have very good English), and it somehow activates the "kill Slayne" quest at that point, which comes into conflict with the "follow Slayne" quest, and thus keeps him marked as a friendly, un-killable NPC.

Source: http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/sh...cant-be-killed

Adding this info to the guide.

Currently boosting: Battlefield Bad Co., Halo Wars, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Quantum of Solace, Riddick, Saints Row, Resident Evil 5-6, SSF4, & Unreal 3.
Darth Villainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah pretty much, had i known beforehand id of followed him. But i was like i dont care where yur going and went on my own only to find his chest in a cave.

I already tried the villagers but its so dam hard to get them to hit him.
I might try monsters later sometime, idk about the near future as that just royally peed me off to the point i dont feel like playing again.

Also my closet save is me accepting to join the Inquistion so thats a load behind where i need it to be, and i already have 5/7 slots saved.
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote