PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
OHSNAP

iiix snap xiii's Gamercard
Can't Stay Connected (Spec-ops)

I recently decided to play mw3 after having it just sitting here for months. First thing I decided to do is knock out the spec ops missions with a friend. After a couple minute of playing we get a lost connection to other player for 3 seconds message. So thinking it was our connection, we go through and check over everything. We have both tried port forwarding, dmz, connecting wired and wirelessly but nothing works. It takes about 2-3 hrs just to hopefully get to the end of 1 mission. I've searched and searched to now hit a brick wall on new info. Does anyone know of anything different I can try? Or if there will be a patch of some sort coming? Any help would be appreciated.

Also my friend and I only live about 2 hrs apart, so it can't be a location thing.

8-9-2011
OHSNAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Sometimes the servers, especially for spec ops, act the hell up and you can't even play. I'd wait a few days then try again.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
OHSNAP

Thanks for that tip. Would make some sense because we played tonight and games would last longer but still disconnect right at the end. We have only been able to finish 5 missions with over a week of trying.

8-9-2011
Old 08-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Yeah man. I've had long period of times where I just can't seem to keep a game going.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
OHSNAP

Still no luck with making progress. Does anyone know if this was an issue with many players, or am I part of the unlucky few?

8-9-2011
Old 09-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
sxylou123

SxyLou69's Gamercard
This was happening to me the other day, was getting disconnected for 3 seconds at v high rounds, about 2 or 3 games in a row, next day it didn't happen at all, the day after we were getting the "host is running incorrect protocol versions" but after a restart was fine.

I don't think its my setup, maybe a glitch in the servers, never had this problem before, its not really recurring at all as I haven't had it since, just seemed to happen this one day for us.
sxylou123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #7
OHSNAP

It's an everyday thing for me. I've kind of given up on it, so I'm stuck toughing out the missions and survival solo.

8-9-2011