PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > RPG > Dust: An Elysian Tail
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Glitches, oh my!

I've already hit a few, kinda big game breaking ones but they're not very common.

So my first glitch was at one point in the game I dead, and I'm not sure what happened between loading my autosave and getting back into the game, but the screen was completely black. I couldn't do anything.

Through out enjoying the game there's been a few parts where the frames skipped a bit and the FPS drop, but the game would pick up soon afterwards.

Another just happened which got me off the game for now, I tired to craft a Stony Shirt(or whatever it's called) and the entire screen went black, a few seconds after it returned to the dashboard.

I wouldn't say it's enough to have me regret buying this game because, man it's so good.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
HotIce80

Kalahira's Gamercard
I haven't encountered any of those, but the one I did encounter sent me straight back to the friggin' DASHBOARD... >_< All I did, was attempt to move to the next section/screen. When I reloaded, the game worked just fine.

HotIce80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The only glitch I encountered was the Fidget T-Shirt didn't unlock for me, nothing game breaking. Also the game did start to lag a few times, but it's expected, there is a lot going on in the game.

Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
RedArremer

AuT pBo Arremer's Gamercard
I enocuntered the dashboard glitch once myself, sadly it was after exploring a big area and pretty much just one room before the next saving spot.
I also once clipped through the wall in the graveyard area while doing the aerial Dust Storm attack to clear out some of the hornets (which made me stuck, so I had to quit the game, but luckily, it once again was shortly after I saved).

One of the most consistent glitches I encountered in my normal playthrough was that Dust would start to spaz out like a maniac and "flutter" between facing left and right whenever I was fighting on the ground.

Also, the chest minigames tended to be ridiculously unresponsive to my inputs for some reason. Dunno why, cause the controller's just fine generally.
RedArremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
Talos26

CoffeeFingers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotIce80 View Post
I haven't encountered any of those, but the one I did encounter sent me straight back to the friggin' DASHBOARD... >_< All I did, was attempt to move to the next section/screen. When I reloaded, the game worked just fine.
I had the same thing happen to me, about three screens into the game.
Talos26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
Lordji

Lordji's Gamercard
Ok, just out of an intensive playing session, here are the glitches I encountered:

* in the mountains, when you're on top trying to avoid the avalanches, on the second screen, after the first one, if you go with a quick long jump LT+A, you go in a hole between the hills (???) and end up on the section below, in the ceiling, above the stalactites! Needless to say, you're completely stuck. This is a 100% of the time happening glitch, at least on my game.

* I got 1000+ in the cemetery like level but it didn't register it the first time

* in the caverns, changing section I got sent to the dashbord

* somewhere in the mountains, changing section I got sent to the dashbord

* after the final boss first form, during the dialogue I got sent to the dashbord, at my first try against him! Are you serious?
Lordji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
RedArremer

AuT pBo Arremer's Gamercard
Did your first attempt at the 1000+ combo actually end successfully? Cause it only will register if the combat ends on its own, not immediately and not if your chain's broken by a hit.
RedArremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
Lordji

Lordji's Gamercard
I can't remember, I thought I got it but then maybe it's not glitched and I'm making excuses. However for the other indications, no mistake. =(
Lordji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #9
EchoPark

EchoPark's Gamercard
Aww guys thats crap i been lucky not to hit any yet but from what i read am not as far on as u guys. I seem to get myself lost, idiot i am. But still loving the game
Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #10
Dr Akula

dr akuia's Gamercard
I got a game breaking bug where I lost my map progress and quests among other things. Also I can't return to some older areas because I get booted back dash. The problem is the map is blank now, so it doesn't know where to spawn me.
Dr Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
Red Testament

Red Testament's Gamercard
The only thing that has happened to me is the sound when I'm in the shop seems to go in and out -- sometimes cutting out entirely.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
Auri-James

Anuic Auriel's Gamercard
The FPS drop I can vouch for happens randomly, along with the dashboard problem from when I just unlocked a chest only for my prize to be "Exit Game". Nonetheless, it's random, but all the dashboard did for me was tell me when to take a break, and I picked the game up right from there. Also I can vouch for RedArremer, I nailed the 1000+ combo, but got hit and lost it, did it again, made sure it was successful (as the achievement entails) and that not only completed my quest but got my the G's I deserved.
Auri-James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #13
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
the only encounter i encountered my entire playthrough was the dashboard glitch. It happened 3 times throughout the entire game, but if your playing on a lower difficulty its not a big deal, maybe 5 minutes at the most lost... but if your playing on tough or hardcore i can understand being upset... I also know someone who said that if you have a food item equipped and you buy more of that food, the counter will not go up and your money will be wasted. You must remove the food from your quick slot so that the counter rises.

Entered Alabama's Top Ten On June 26, 2012
Passed Number 9 on July 1, 2012
Passed Number 8 on July 13, 2012
Passed Number 7 on August 8, 2012
Passed Number 6 on September 29, 2012
You're next DefEdge
Blarghinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #14
Black Rott

Black Rott's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRUNO99 View Post
Another just happened which got me off the game for now, I tired to craft a Stony Shirt(or whatever it's called) and the entire screen went black, a few seconds after it returned to the dashboard.
This happened to me as well.
Black Rott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #15
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I got sent to Dashboard Once and on various occasions Conversations would just not continue so I would have to hit Start and Skip them
Gun-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
Whateverman

I have gotten no glitches/bugs yet, 60% of the game done, but fps-drops happens alot.

Can't complain, the game is great, but hate it when I die and I have not saved in a long time...
Whateverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #17
Exu

EXU's Gamercard
Want infinite gold? Sell exactly 256 of a material. You'll get the money but the materials will remain in your inventory!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #18
Onelastbreath

Onelastbreath09's Gamercard
I've had no glitches as of yet but the FPS drop on every square of every map. It gets on my nerves after awhile which is a shame because it's a nice game. Surely they noticed this in play testing?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #19
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelastbreath View Post
I've had no glitches as of yet but the FPS drop on every square of every map. It gets on my nerves after awhile which is a shame because it's a nice game. Surely they noticed this in play testing?
Programming is not magic, man. In order to have the hand-animated look and feel of the game, they need to keep a LOT of graphics in RAM (i.e. every frame of animation for Dust, Fidget and any enemies in the area + the backgrounds) and the 360 has surprisingly little of that (512MB). It wouldn't be possible for the game to be any smoother on this hardware, using this aesthetic.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #20
Symf0n1k Kl4w

SYMF0N1K KL4W's Gamercard
I've had a variation on the dashboard glitch, every time I try to start a game it immediately sends me to the dashboard (I haven't actually played the game yet, it won't let me). I tried rebooting and it just kept doing it. Probably just have to delete and reinstall the game at this point.
Symf0n1k Kl4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #21
tpb

StalwartSnake's Gamercard
Sucks to hear about this. Sounds like no one has encountered anything that kills their game completely though?

tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exu View Post
Want infinite gold? Sell exactly 256 of a material. You'll get the money but the materials will remain in your inventory!
I didn't see this until now, but I just tried it and it works :|. Seems like it'll work with any multiple of 256 as well. *head explode*

Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #23
Rurik

LightningRurik's Gamercard
Just hit an annoying glitch finishing the One Last Wish achievement. Found the cooler, got snow, and went back to BoPo. When I talked with him, the background went black and there was a portion of the conversation, then back to the game. If I tried to talk to him again, the conversation lines briefly appeared, then disappeared. I could no longer talk to him.

No achievement, no rainbow resonance, and my last manual save was four hours prior.

Not thinking, I went down a level to the shop, then came back up to try again... passing the autosave along the way. Doh.

The framerate stutter was a huge concern. When I first started playing, it was constant and the game was basically unplayable. There was almost a full second between frame draws. On some advice, I cleared the system cache, and that improved it. However, the frame stutter occurs every time I receive an achievement.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #24
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Most of that is supposed to happen, besides not getting the Resonance Gem and Achievement.
You'll have to go back if you need it, which sucks.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #25
KidKobun

KidKobun's Gamercard
I've encountered a few bugs: the forced exit to the dashboard when moving to another room, glitched audio in the shop, and the latest, getting stuck in the in-game cinematic slow-mo at the very end of Dust's fight with General Gaius:

Luckily I was able to go back and beat him without encountering this bug again. I've gone back and tried a few more times too...nothin'.

EDIT: And the Fidget Avatar shirt didn't unlock. ( ;_

www.youtube.com/user/KidKobun

Last edited by KidKobun; 09-04-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Fidget
KidKobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #26
TotalBlank

TotalBlank's Gamercard
I got a game breaking bug just yesterday afternoon, finally reached the town where Dust discovers his true identity and after the conversation with the Elder, my whole game for fucking nuts and suddenly I'm missing areas I can travel to, all previous maps/treasures that were discovered are almost all at 0% and my overall completion went from 96% to 60% for no reason. So now I'm stuck in the last area literally 2 screens away from the big battle with General Gaius and I can't move forward, it just won't let me. Fun.. And I also forgot to mention that any time I use a teleport stone anywhere, it automatically brings me to Archers Pass no matter where I choose to teleport to.. and if I go to Archers Pass (like I have much of a choice anyways) and try to leave by the exit on the bottom left corner of the map, I get dashboarded. Also teleporting to Aurora dashboards me too. This sucks.

Last edited by TotalBlank; 12-31-2012 at 06:37 AM.
TotalBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 AM   #27
PRxBeasT

I posted a new thread on how this game fucked me over for defeating fuse and not awarding me the achievement. I then continued to play and got a thousand hit combo and no fucking achievement. I am to the point of not even wanting to play this anymore. I mean i may still be able to playvthe story but i would like to get my achievements worth at least. After all i deserve it for paying 1200msp. Maybe if i would have caught it for 600msp i wouldn't be as pissed..
PRxBeasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
NickerPL

NickerPL's Gamercard
I also got a few game-breaking glitches during my playthrough but it was a bit different from what you guys mentioned.

In my case I simply fell through the ground and couldn't get back to the 'surface', if you will, and had to load a previous save. It wasn't that much of a deal since you encounter auto-save points pretty often but still - they were glitches.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #29
prtiboy

Kim Jin Seo's Gamercard
Talking The Glitch I Got

While in the Blackmoor Mountains trying to get the key (of which I still haven't got...very frustrating...if anyone can help me out here and give me a step-by-step that would be awesome...it's the treasure in the corner where there's a Save to the bottom and a Shop/Save to the Right.) Anyways, while fighting the wolves and the other baddies and trying to get their goods...around where the icicles are falling. I fall down into the bottom screen but into the mountain itself and become completely stuck in them. Sucks. But, please can anyone help me with this key-thing. I'm almost ready to give up....but not yet.
prtiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #30
bblue2344

oO mrBUBBL3S Oo's Gamercard
Im 100% convinced this game's achievements are glitched. I have had trouble with chievos before only to find that i was the one who was mistaken. This is different. I have been trying blue bomber (6 enemies one bomb) for days now. Ive seen videos and have been counting the number of dead enemies by how much xp im getting. I almost always get at least 10 kills and still no achievement so im positive its glitched. Also with the cutting it close (parry with less than 10% health) i had 24/600 hp remaining, exactly 4%, and successfully parried... multiple times!! no achievement. I will never even think of this game ever again in my entire life. complete shit.
bblue2344 is offline   Reply With Quote