PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead: Season One > Episode 3: Long Road Ahead
Subscribe    Donate
The Walking Dead
Quick links
Latest news
Oct 16, 2015 ICYMI - The Walking Dead: Season One is Free on Games With Gold Now
Apr 22, 2014 The Walking Dead Game of the Year Edition Listed for Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 Telltale Working on Game of Thrones Adaptation?
Oct 14, 2013 Telltale Promises "Big News" on The Walking Dead Season 2 This Month
Oct 03, 2013 The Walking Dead Episode 1: A New Day Now Available For Free

Old 10-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
Restricted-Access

Gamertag: Darth Pinhead
Angry Bullshit controls!!!

I am SO sick of these controls! It's bad enough to move the "right" thumbstick and have to press a button at the same time... but when you have to "snipe" those bandits in the Motor Inn with these same horrible controls... Why couldn't these idiot programmers make "shooting" be done with the right trigger?

I won't play it on Xbox One until I can re-map the buttons (the "A" button, in particular) to the right trigger! The controls for this game is awful! If the rest of the game wasn't awesome... I wouldn't have gotten it at all!!

I swear it's like the devs developed the game using the controls for the original playstation.

[UPDATE] Hey... this is weird... I just tried to get through this sequence (again), and even though you are prompted to "Shoot " - you can actually use the Right Trigger to shoot the gun! I wasn't "testing" whether this would work or not... I just decided to give it another go, and "instinctively" pulled the right trigger and wasn't even aware I was using it to shoot... until I noticed I was actually abe to shoot these bandits.

Now why isn't there any prompt for using the right-trigger instead, for shooting? It's certainly more natural.

Last edited by Restricted-Access; 10-14-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
Fragarach Luin

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Silver   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restricted-Access View Post
I am SO sick of these controls! It's bad enough to move the "right" thumbstick and have to press a button at the same time... but when you have to "snipe" those bandits in the Motor Inn with these same horrible controls... Why couldn't these idiot programmers make "shooting" be done with the right trigger?

I won't play it on Xbox One until I can re-map the buttons (the "A" button, in particular) to the right trigger! The controls for this game is awful! If the rest of the game wasn't awesome... I wouldn't have gotten it at all!!
I could have sworn that the right trigger actually does fire the gun, and I just played this episode less than a week ago. In any case, it's hardly a difficult section; was it really worth making a whole thread?

Fragarach Luin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #3
Restricted-Access

Gamertag: Darth Pinhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
I could have sworn that the right trigger actually does fire the gun, and I just played this episode less than a week ago. In any case, it's hardly a difficult section; was it really worth making a whole thread?
I just discovered this and was editing my post while you made YOUR post - and YES, it WAS worth posting, because I am not the only who has ever complained about these controls... so blow it out your ass! Trying to aim with the right thumstick AND hit the A button (or any other button you are prompted for) IS difficult!!!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #4
Floyd.
Playing: Deus Ex

Gamertag: Floyd XBA

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Floyd.   Staff - Community Team - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Bronze   The Helping Hand - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   GSL 14 - Team MVP   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Guide Writers Guild   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restricted-Access View Post
I just discovered this and was editing my post while you made YOUR post - and YES, it WAS worth posting, because I am not the only who has ever complained about these controls... so blow it out your ass! Trying to aim with the right thumstick AND hit the A button (or any other button you are prompted for) IS difficult!!!
Wow, wtf is your problem? Tone down the hostility.

Current Long-Term Goal
46,398 / 50,000 - Role Playing Games

What Are the Max Clubs? | Share Your Club Ideas | Community Gaming Forum
Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote