Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
xxthegodofwarx

Send a message via AIM to xxthegodofwarx

brian pumpher's Gamercard
halo 4 at mlg dallas

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/new...-november-2-4/

Im not sure if most of you know what mlg is but its a place where you can compete in tournaments for cash prizes.Its kinda cool if you ask me.Not to mention it on november 2nd before halo 4 even comes out so it will be your first chance to play before its even in stores which is crazy and since its everyone's first chance its anyone's game i wish i lived near dallas cus i would go for sure.

It's a weird time for long time halo fans,from halo 1-3 we were the kings but halo is not top dog anymore games like starcraft have taken over mlg and call of duty have taken over xbox live and broke all of halo 3 sales records.I remember when i would go through my friend list and every one was on halo.I know alot of people didnt like reach with bloom and armor lock etc but this not odst or reach.

It's HALO 4 and the return of the master chief.It's time we take back the throne.

xxthegodofwarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Frozenghost001

Frozenghost001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
lol i think everyone knows what MLG is. but nice find!
Frozenghost001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthegodofwarx View Post
It's a weird time for long time halo fans,from halo 1-3 we were the kings but halo is not top dog anymore games like starcraft have taken over mlg and call of duty have taken over xbox live and broke all of halo 3 sales records.I remember when i would go through my friend list and every one was on halo.I know alot of people didnt like reach with bloom and armor lock etc but this not odst or reach.

It's HALO 4 and the return of the master chief.It's time we take back the throne.
lol i like what you did there, lets take it back!! it is pretty crazy if you used to follow halo MLG, imo that was the game that really made MLG takeoff. after reach it was pretty much pushed aside while other games took the spotlight. now MLG is very big on starcraft, now i was a huge fan of WarcraftIII.. but honestly starcraft MLG? lol i cant understand it, especially since games like halo thrive on land events. starcraft would do just fine on its own.

dont watch too much MLG anymore, the only person i semi-enjoy watching is 'kampy' and 'igoturpistola.' a lot of the older events were soo good, back in H2 and H3? final boss, instinct, carbon, so many great teams and players. i think last time i watched MLG ogre2 was still playing reach, that kid has won so many events lol(most in MLG history).
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
fax5jrj

fax5jrj's Gamercard
Lol nice speech.
fax5jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Glad Halo 4 will be at MLG Dallas - let's hope it sticks and brings the community back together in unison.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
anorexicwes
Banned User

hell ya I live in Dallas, mignt go!!
anorexicwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
LOL at the OP posting this big, long-winded story trying to paint MLG players as anything more than they truly are, and that's a bunch of assholes.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
LOL at the OP posting this big, long-winded story trying to paint MLG players as anything more than they truly are, and that's a bunch of assholes.
No offense but the OP was neither big nor long-winded. I've had farts that lasted longer than that post. As far as MLG players being assholes, well I've got news for you: there are assholes across every game, and every lifestyle for that matter. There are plenty of very chill MLG players that are cool and simply good at certain games and work hard at them, and then there are the asshats that want to grind their boot into your face every time they play you and brag about it to their friends.

Just because someone claims to be an MLG player doesn't mean they really are, and I'll bet it probably APPEARS to some people that MLG is full of assholes because so many non-MLG assholes are nothing but wannabes who try to say they're MLG when they've never even been to an event let alone won one.

PS - No, I'm not an MLG player. I'm not good enough and I don't care to try and get good enough lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Don't take away our ability to test drive the cheese!
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote