PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Things we like about Modern Warfare 2!

There are a lot of threads that are bashing this game so let’s talk about the good stuff:

Heartbeat Sensor - I use it on every gun. It's like constant UAV, but besides that it's just freaking cool
All the different kill streaks - How cool is the ac-130? Or that chopper gunner?
Spec Ops - being able to replay missions with a friend with a twist is great.
Being able to use more than a pistol for your secondary weapon without using up a perk.
Call sings and emblems - Another fun reason to play MP.
Sentry Guns - Having something more reliable to watch your back then your "buddy" who is supposed to and then decides (with out telling you) he's going to go out on his own.
the end of juggernaut.

So there are a couple of things. This game takes up most of my time on live. So I feel we should talk about all the good stuff.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Incompl33t

Send a message via AIM to Incompl33t

EAT 4 THE LOLZ's Gamercard
Juggernaut lives on in the souls of the big white suited guys.

-Crates: I'm a gambler, and I'm aware of the cons, but I love them.
-Player Controlled Air Support: That way you're almost always guaranteed at least one kill.
-Pro Perks: Like a 2 for 1 Perk sale
-The Campaign kicks ass compared to CoD 4 and WaW
-I agree with the heartbeat sensor thing
-Some of the maps are cool. I like Favela, for example.
-Marathon is an improvement on Extreme Conditioning.
-Death Streaks are good: Obviously not to get...
-More variety in weaponry

I got 1000G on Sonic the Hedgehog. I didn't like the game, I'm just insane.
Incompl33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Can it really be? A person who isn't complaining about the game! Yes it is!

The things I like about this game:
  1. Tar 21 this is the best gun in the game.
  2. Kill streak awards, they offer a new way of unlocking things in that game. Instead of the old rank up get an award thing.
  3. Demolition. I just love it, you get loads of kills and a ton of match bonus as well.
  4. Third Person modes, they offer a new way to play this game.
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
Can it really be? A person who isn't complaining about the game! Yes it is!
I totally agree. It seems these forums have become a bitchfest of complainers, and not just about MW2 either. The game is fantastic. The game does have some issues, all games do. Some of these have already been fixed. In short, play the danm game!

I like...

1) Special Ops. My son and I love doing these together on splitscreen.
2) The new headquarters, how you have to wait for it to come online.
3) All the new weapons.
4) Airdrop Killstreak (im not an ubber player so I dont get many big kill
streaks)
5) Lots more im sure, but this is good for now
Old 12-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
monkeyhappy

Send a message via MSN to monkeyhappy

Zeroslav's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Probably my favourite thing about this game EVER is when I dispose of someone using a tactical insertion in proximity to where they are, they get shot or swiped once, they get swiped or shot twice. It's awesome, 2 for the price of 1 kill!

I also quite enjoy raining on nuke boosters parties, especially on team deathmatch when the guy on my team can't do anything about it and his buddy has a tactical insertion there, then he runs back there for the third time! 3 for 1 kill. That's a bargain you can't afford to pass up.

.Zeroslav.

monkeyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
SuperNova X2X

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Going for a sprint around the map with Marathon/Lightweight. Never has running been so much fun !
SuperNova X2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I agree with all of the things above, only things I can thin to add are:

1. I like how they only let you have one frag/semtex at a time, as the perk that gave 3 frags on spawn made it a grenade-fest in CoD4 on smaller maps.

2. Martyrdom being a deathstreak now is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   2,500 Posts   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRugburn View Post
I totally agree. It seems these forums have become a bitchfest of complainers, and not just about MW2 either. The game is fantastic. The game does have some issues, all games do. Some of these have already been fixed. In short, play the danm game!

I like...

1) Special Ops. My son and I love doing these together on splitscreen.
2) The new headquarters, how you have to wait for it to come online.
3) All the new weapons.
4) Airdrop Killstreak (im not an ubber player so I dont get many big kill
streaks)
5) Lots more im sure, but this is good for now
I agree there are some issue's that need to be sorted the worst imo being the spawn mapping but the Pro's outwiegh the Con's.

Anyway my personal faves are,

1) Thermal Scope - I love this attachment on my sniper.
2) Custom killstreaks are awesome.
3) Spec-Ops is hella kool.
4) All the new weapons and maps.
5) No Juggernuat!

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #9
brownyrocket

brownyrocket's Gamercard
i do like the deathstreaks, except copycat makes no sense, if you suck, you pretty much suck all around, butt he rest are great

i also enjoyed spec ops, although i hope they add more

i also like the new the new killstreaks, makes the game more interesting- way better than w@w dogs

and i also like how they kept the same feel to MW2 from MW1, but made it more awesome
brownyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #10
IxI Dempsey IxI

iD a n S u f c's Gamercard
sorry but i HATE PEOPLE WHO USE HEARBEAT SENSOR it is just such an unfair advantage. yes i know ninja stops it but what i want to use steady aim? and yes, i am good enough to get the dam thing, but i choose not to so i can use holographic with marathon. (so i dont use bling)

io mean seriously why even include UAV's in the game if u have heartbeat sensors. you should have to work to have a radar instead of just sit in a corner and use hearbeat sensor to see people >_<
25k Gamerscore reached, 24th Feb '10.

100%GS Club-

Modern Warfare 2, Fight Night 3, NBA 2k6, FIFA 06, FIFA STREET 3, Fifa 09 , Halo 3
Working on:Fifa 10
IxI Dempsey IxI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
KillTheft Gator

KillTheft Gator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IxI Dempsey IxI View Post
sorry but i HATE PEOPLE WHO USE HEARBEAT SENSOR it is just such an unfair advantage. yes i know ninja stops it but what i want to use steady aim? and yes, i am good enough to get the dam thing, but i choose not to so i can use holographic with marathon. (so i dont use bling)

io mean seriously why even include UAV's in the game if u have heartbeat sensors. you should have to work to have a radar instead of just sit in a corner and use hearbeat sensor to see people >_<
You, my friend, are on the wrong thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
There are a lot of threads that are bashing this game so letís talk about the good stuff:
Old 12-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by IxI Dempsey IxI View Post

If I had the power I would delete this....but I don't...so I can't

Please search the 50 other threads that are bashing/hating this game...only positive post here please.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #13
IxI Dempsey IxI

iD a n S u f c's Gamercard
Quote:
If I had the power I would delete this....but I don't...so I can't

Please search the 50 other threads that are bashing/hating this game...only positive post here please.
i dont hate this game, this is the best game ever and only game i play (played 6 days already) yes im sad no need for reminders lol, but heartbeat sensors omg#
wtf serious lol
25k Gamerscore reached, 24th Feb '10.

100%GS Club-

Modern Warfare 2, Fight Night 3, NBA 2k6, FIFA 06, FIFA STREET 3, Fifa 09 , Halo 3
Working on:Fifa 10
IxI Dempsey IxI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Things I like about this game:

1) Spec Ops is fun. I've been doing them solo so far and holy shit are they fucking tough on Veteran but the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finally beat a mission is just a rush.

2) I actually loved the campaign despite it's shortness. The reference to Red Dawn rocked.
3) Not sure if it was cause I was more aggressive on this game but I didn't notice any infinite respawns like the first one.
4) Lance Henrikson
5) That I actually stand a chance against other players in MP
6) Killstreak Rewards. I like being able to choose what I want, gives me a goal to strive for.
7) Mosh Pit. If I'm not sure what I want to play I just pick that.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #15
Eternal Rhage

Eternal Rhage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I didn't play COD4 much, but after watching my husband play MW2 I had to try it. I got addicted to it...quick like. Some of my favorite aspects:
  • The campaign. I know a lot of folks have said they thought it was short but it seemed just right to me.
  • Killstreak rewards and hardline.. I'm not that good at this game, so I like that I don't have to wait til 7 some odd kills to get a worth while reward.
  • Special Ops.. I've really enjoyed working on these in splitscreen with my husband. Too bad we can't play multiplayer splitscreen, as well
  • The overall variety. Usually I would feel overwhelmed with so many gun/perk/equipment options but it feels more manageable in MW2.
Eternal Rhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #16
Sniper Omega180

Send a message via MSN to Sniper Omega180

Sniper Omega180's Gamercard
Okies, my top 3 things ^^

1: Custom Killstreaks. I called in 50 UAV's, never going to use 'em again! Thank you
2: Pro Perks. I love em, especially Scavenger Pro. Combines my two favorite things (reloading and ammo) into one handy perk!
3: The M16 & the ACR. These are the only two guns I actually like in the game. M16 for it's 3-burst power, and the ACR because it has no recoil at all!
Sniper Omega180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #17
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Omega180 View Post
Okies, my top 3 things ^^

1: Custom Killstreaks. I called in 50 UAV's, never going to use 'em again! Thank you
2: Pro Perks. I love em, especially Scavenger Pro. Combines my two favorite things (reloading and ammo) into one handy perk!
3: The M16 & the ACR. These are the only two guns I actually like in the game. M16 for it's 3-burst power, and the ACR because it has no recoil at all!
If you call in 100 UAV's you get the title "Chick magnet"
Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 AM   #18
xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
Banned User

Quote:
There are a lot of threads that are bashing this game so letís talk about the good stuff:

Heartbeat Sensor - I use it on every gun. It's like constant UAV, but besides that it's just freaking cool
All the different kill streaks - How cool is the ac-130? Or that chopper gunner?
Spec Ops - being able to replay missions with a friend with a twist is great.
Being able to use more than a pistol for your secondary weapon without using up a perk.
Call sings and emblems - Another fun reason to play MP.
Sentry Guns - Having something more reliable to watch your back then your "buddy" who is supposed to and then decides (with out telling you) he's going to go out on his own.
the end of juggernaut.

So there are a couple of things. This game takes up most of my time on live. So I feel we should talk about all the good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompl33t View Post
Juggernaut lives on in the souls of the big white suited guys.

-Crates: I'm a gambler, and I'm aware of the cons, but I love them.
-Player Controlled Air Support: That way you're almost always guaranteed at least one kill.
-Pro Perks: Like a 2 for 1 Perk sale
-The Campaign kicks ass compared to CoD 4 and WaW
-I agree with the heartbeat sensor thing
-Some of the maps are cool. I like Favela, for example.
-Marathon is an improvement on Extreme Conditioning.
-Death Streaks are good: Obviously not to get...
-More variety in weaponry

I agree with these two geniuses and I want to add One man army , the RIOT shield and Final stand

to op

thank you for bringing a positive side to this negative forum on this great game cheers
xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:37 AM   #19
CO Phoenix

Send a message via AIM to CO Phoenix

CO Phoenix's Gamercard
#1 thing I love about this game...

Killing someone with a crate!
CO Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:15 AM   #20
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I love spec ops, even though i don't have anybody to play it with.
Multiplayer is really fun, even if some things are unfair and overpowered i still love it.
Campaign was a lot funner for me for some reason.... even though it was easier i enjoyed it.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:34 AM   #21
Guitarr Steve

Send a message via AIM to Guitarr Steve Send a message via Yahoo to Guitarr Steve

Docter Peppa's Gamercard

1) The fact that Marathon, Lightweight, and UMP45 are unstoppable in SnD (if you're good)
2) Private Matches
3) 3rd Person Team Tactical with friends*****
It's like those parents who have their first kid, the kid is wonderful, exceeds in every aspect, then they have a second, it fails at life, sure they'll still love it, but inside they think "Oh fuck, what happened?"

Guitarr Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #22
Spanish Assault

The ACR...man that gun is sweet. Hardly any recoil!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #23
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Thought of another thing.

The fact that I found Pit Boss a hell of a lot easier to get then New Squadron Record.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #24
Cordes

x C O R D E S's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
  1. Pro Perks
  2. SPAS-12
  3. Barrett .50 with Thermal Scope
  4. When you throw Semtex and it says "Stuck"
  5. Emblems & Titles
  6. The Stealth Bomber

Enough for now even though there's so much more...

Edit: Akimbo Magnum (It's so Wild West)

Quote:
You know what's weird. Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always puts a towel around his waist. I mean, what is that about? (Chandler Bing)

Last edited by Cordes; 12-12-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Cordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #25
kall5ter

Send a message via MSN to kall5ter

Wintringham1995's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
everything.. theres nothing bad about it
Old 12-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #26
Spanish Assault

*bump*

Someone tried to steal my thunder.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #27
Spade.
Speedrunning

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Maps.
FAL (my favorite gun on all of CoD)
reasonable kill amount for each ks.
The ability to double Y

Steam
Spade. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #28
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by xWhitespade100x View Post
Maps.
FAL (my favorite gun on all of CoD)
reasonable kill amount for each ks.
The ability to double Y
LOL...I found this old thread and put my horrible quote in my sig and you HAD to revive it didn't you...
Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #29
steamboatidk

Send a message via AIM to steamboatidk

skater1075's Gamercard
Still Play this game to this day love sniping, nukes, tar 21 m4a1 and scar-h
Basically everything but noob tubes Modern Warfare 2 was the best call of duty ever yeah i said it.

Hear no evil Speak no Evil See no Evil[/CENTER]
steamboatidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #30
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
LOL...I found this old thread and put my horrible quote in my sig and you HAD to revive it didn't you...
Well, you're certainly helping out bumping the topic even more. That makes sense, lol. You bumped it 14 hours.

TumblrAnime ListHummingbirdYouTube
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4181-2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
from the getcko
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote