PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band Blitz
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #31
agentnnc

USB Connector's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by comebreakmedown View Post
i'm really struggling with sing, one of the last i have to do, if anyone can provide any tips beside what's written above it would be greatly appreciated, ty
I nailed it on my first try. Bombs and star power are priority. Make sure you shoot a bottle rocket if your meter gets full so you don't waste any but try to use it during the more densely packed sections (this tends to be right after checkpoints).
"What you own is your own kingdom. What you do is your own glory. What you love is your own power. What you live is your own story. In your head is the answer let it guide you along. Let your heart be the anchor and the beat of your soul."

- Rush (Something for Nothing)
agentnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #32
lignimvite

Send a message via Skype™ to lignimvite

lignimvite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Shout was the last one I had and I just got 514k on it. But it was KILLING ME to have to play it 9 times till I finally got it. :/ Thanks for the guide though! I generally used the Jackpot; Blast Notes; Super Guitar set up for most songs.
lignimvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
FINALLY got Shout. Yeah, using Jackpot / Blast Notes / Pro Guitar is the only easy way to get it.

I only used Jackpot 3 times before the solo and only focused on the lang double notes after it. Got around 200k points with this method.

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
NightListenerUK

The Cosmic Duck's Gamercard
Just wanted to say thanks for making this thread. I have the achievement now and all of the methods posted work really well
Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #35
DeadRisingBully

DeadRisingBully's Gamercard
Just got this achievement two days ago. This thread was very helpful, thanks a lot! Only song I had a little trouble with was Diamond Eyes. Took me three or four tries until I got it.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #36
xfactorhatesu

xfactorhatesu's Gamercard
I just got a gold star on "One week" around the 136k mark
xfactorhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #37
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've got 8 golds left and unless the games randomness cuts me a break, I'll never get them. I didn't struggle at all with some of the noted harder tracks but others are just nowhere near. Shout for example. My best is 430k using the infamous scoring techniques all over the net. Not even close.

You see the big problem is that unless you are lucky with how your powerups work for you, you can be as accurate and skillful as you like, but you will not get the gold. Other times, you'll gold the damn song before it's three quarters through. This is not a good scoring system in my opinion. Basically relying on luck to get your gold. You rely on skill to score in Rock Band 3, I'd love that to apply here too.

Anyway, great collaborative effort here so well done everyone for the input so far.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #38
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide on Shout. Before I read it, I could barely 5 star the song. I never would have thought that you could get so many point from the sustains.

I got gold right before I finished at 489k.

Edit: Also just noticed that the OP has Bang Your Head by Queen Riot.

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 09-06-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #39
agentnnc

Updated the mistake in Bang Your Head, added a strategy for shine, added detail to cult of personality (finally gold starred that thing!).
"What you own is your own kingdom. What you do is your own glory. What you love is your own power. What you live is your own story. In your head is the answer let it guide you along. Let your heart be the anchor and the beat of your soul."

Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #40
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
I think the cutoff for Shout is 489K. It looked like I had it around there.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #41
KarmicEcho

KarmicEcho's Gamercard
I just got gold stars on Sing with a score of 306,605 points, but I see its cutoff listed at 394k. Does the cutoff vary based on power-up loadout? I used a different loadout than what was recommended, as I went with Jackpot, Blast Notes, and Super Vocals.
KarmicEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #42
hoshinosenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by relauby View Post
I think the cutoff for Shout is 489K. It looked like I had it around there.
It's 495,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmicEcho View Post
I just got gold stars on Sing with a score of 306,605 points, but I see its cutoff listed at 394k. Does the cutoff vary based on power-up loadout? I used a different loadout than what was recommended, as I went with Jackpot, Blast Notes, and Super Vocals.
The cutoff score for Sing is 294,000, I checked this multiple times. What loadout you use has no effect on what the cutoff score is.
hoshinosenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #43
KarmicEcho

KarmicEcho's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshinosenshi View Post
The cutoff score for Sing is 294,000, I checked this multiple times. What loadout you use has no effect on what the cutoff score is.
Ah, well the OP says 394k, so I thought maybe I stumbled upon something odd. Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: To contribute to the cutoffs list, here are some lower gold stars I got:

Jungle Boogie - 162,983
One Week - 116,119
These Days - 331,070

Last edited by KarmicEcho; 09-06-2012 at 11:37 PM.
KarmicEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #44
hoshinosenshi

Some of the cutoff scores in the guide aren't correct, they're just bases for what score you should be aiming for to earn gold stars, they'll be much lower.

All gold star cutoffs are rounded to the thousandth. So no cutoff will be xxx,259 or xxx,481. Any scores marked as such are not exact.
hoshinosenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #45
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
i know "The Duke" is a fake player you will rival against whose score is the gold star cutoff... if that helps giving you a visual representation of how close you are while playing. didn't see that mentioned here. There are other fake players for other cutoffs like 5 star and 4 star... Mothership Q is the 5 star if i remember right

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.

Last edited by Bobo; 09-07-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #46
TigaSefi

Tigasefi's Gamercard
I know this sounds stupid but I am missing a few thousands per song for gold so at the last checkpoint is it better to just stick to the busiest lane that you can safely blitz and apply the super on that lane irrespective of the last 3/4 checkpoints and use jackpot?

So if the guitar track has the most notes after the last checkpoint despite not being relatively busy before that point then I can use a full jackpot as well?
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #47
agentnnc

Quote:
Some of the cutoff scores in the guide aren't correct, they're just bases for what score you should be aiming for to earn gold stars, they'll be much lower.

All gold star cutoffs are rounded to the thousandth. So no cutoff will be xxx,259 or xxx,481. Any scores marked as such are not exact.
For the record I'm using the lowest confirmed Gold Star values by either people on my RBWorld page or what other members have posted. I have mentioned this in the guide. Within a few weeks scorehero will have the exact values posted and I'll use those.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:06 AM   #48
ll X ll

I highly recommend people to download CHARLENE(I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU)to farm gold and blitz cred. It's a very short song (1 - 2minutes maybe), funny and catchy. It's also easy to gain 5 gold stars consistently if you just choose the pinball notes and try keeping up with the pinball as long as you can, don't worry about increasing the multipliers of other instruments, just keep up with the pinball and if you lost the ball just keep playing random notes.

I keep getting 5 stars doing it this way, always.

EDIT: Wrong thread, but could be helpful here too, lol.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #49
agentnnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll X ll View Post
I highly recommend people to download CHARLENE(I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU)to farm gold and blitz cred. It's a very short song (1 - 2minutes maybe), funny and catchy. It's also easy to gain 5 gold stars consistently if you just choose the pinball notes and try keeping up with the pinball as long as you can, don't worry about increasing the multipliers of other instruments, just keep up with the pinball and if you lost the ball just keep playing random notes.

I keep getting 5 stars doing it this way, always.

EDIT: Wrong thread, but could be helpful here too, lol.
There's no point. The blitz economy has changed. Powerups now only use 550 coins for using them all. You gain 100 coins per star. So if you play a new song or do a goal or two you're set as it will net you 500 coins (assuming you get 5 stars). So you really only lose 50 when trying to gold star.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #50
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentnnc View Post
There's no point. The blitz economy has changed. Powerups now only use 550 coins for using them all. You gain 100 coins per star. So if you play a new song or do a goal or two you're set as it will net you 500 coins (assuming you get 5 stars). So you really only lose 50 when trying to gold star.
I still think so far this is the fastest way though to earn coins and Blitz cred. The song is only 1:16 minutes long, It's a free download, You only use one power-up which is the pinball notes. As long as you let the pinball bounce back for as long as possible you'll net 5 gold stars consistently. In about 10 - 15 minutes i reached 7K gold coins, lol.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #51
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
It's 495,000.
Nah. I was recording the song for the hell of it, and you can see pretty clearly that I get the gold at about 489k. Skip to 6:05 since you can't use timestamps when embedding on this site.

Regardless, it's not like there's a world of difference with 5k points in a song that takes almost 500k to get gold on.

Wow the video looks awful too. I guess I should encode the videos and not be lazy?

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 09-08-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #52
agentnnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi View Post
I know this sounds stupid but I am missing a few thousands per song for gold so at the last checkpoint is it better to just stick to the busiest lane that you can safely blitz and apply the super on that lane irrespective of the last 3/4 checkpoints and use jackpot?

So if the guitar track has the most notes after the last checkpoint despite not being relatively busy before that point then I can use a full jackpot as well?
Depends on the song. In most cases you can purely stick to your super instrument, as you've identified that one to be the busiest. Sometimes you might want to move to hit a blast note or the final sustain on an instrument. Experiment and see what works for you. With practice you can jump back and forth without missing anything.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #53
agentnnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmicEcho View Post
Ah, well the OP says 394k, so I thought maybe I stumbled upon something odd. Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: To contribute to the cutoffs list, here are some lower gold stars I got:

Jungle Boogie - 162,983
One Week - 116,119
These Days - 331,070
That was a typo. My bad. Also thanks for upating the cutoffs.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #54
Buckswana

Buckswana's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Just curious, when you guys use Jackpot, do you fill it before using it so that it goes higher, or do you use it as soon as you can? I have a few songs I'm struggling on, and they're not supposed to be the hard ones (other than Shout);

Bang Your Head
Diamond Eyes
Shout
So Far Away

I've only tried the last 2 a few times, but the first 2 have been killing me. The recommended method for all 4 that I can find is Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar, but I'm just not getting there. Any tips for tracks to prioritize, etc? How much do you worry about keeping Blitz mode going vs. getting power ups and blast notes? Thanks for any help.

Edit: just noticed now, you don't get any of the points if you screw up during the Jackpots? That will make a difference. Better to make sure I don't mess it up than worry about jumping over a few tracks for multpliers if it's too risky.

1st in World w/100+ completions in Retail, XBLA & WP games

Last edited by Buckswana; 09-08-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Buckswana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #55
agentnnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckswana View Post
Just curious, when you guys use Jackpot, do you fill it before using it so that it goes higher, or do you use it as soon as you can? I have a few songs I'm struggling on, and they're not supposed to be the hard ones (other than Shout);

Bang Your Head
Diamond Eyes
Shout
So Far Away

I've only tried the last 2 a few times, but the first 2 have been killing me. The recommended method for all 4 that I can find is Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar, but I'm just not getting there. Any tips for tracks to prioritize, etc? How much do you worry about keeping Blitz mode going vs. getting power ups and blast notes? Thanks for any help.

Edit: just noticed now, you don't get any of the points if you screw up during the Jackpots? That will make a difference. Better to make sure I don't mess it up than worry about jumping over a few tracks for multpliers if it's too risky.
I just got gold on Diamond Eyes and updated to guide to help max out points. I haven't gold starred the rest but go up a few posts and you'll find a video of someone GSing shout.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #56
Buckswana

Buckswana's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Yeah, feel stupid now. Never noticed that if you flub a jackpot, you get nil. Thought you just got as many points as you got up to, but there was a bonus at the end if you completed it. Just got 557k on Shout as soon as I realized it and started making sure not to flub any. On to the others now. 8)

Last edited by Buckswana; 09-08-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #57
agentnnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckswana View Post
Yeah, feel stupid now. Never noticed that if you flub a jackpot, you get nil. Thought you just got as many points as you got up too, but there was a bonus at the end if you completed it. Just got 557k on Shout as soon as I realized it and started making sure not to flub any. On to the others now. 8)
Care to share how you got it? The current strategy isn't working for me. I managed 440 but that's still pretty far off.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #58
hamster3

hamster3 3's Gamercard
How on earth do you get gold on cult of personality? Shout didn't give me this much trouble.

My best is 361k but average 330k. I've tried jackpot and road rage, it's about the same for both.

Any tips?
hamster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #59
Buckswana

Buckswana's Gamercard

For Shout, I used the video strategy, trying to get lots of power ups and blast notes, maxing what I could. Used the Jackpot on the long sustains as much as possible, and switched tracks only if completely safe to do so while using it. You'll probably miss maxing out a couple of tracks doing it this way, but you get so many points from the sustains it makes up for it. The last chorus in particular you can use it for a few long holds on guitar, switch to bass for some quick powerup notes so it'll keep going longer, then switch back. It's really about maximizing your Jackpots and not screwing them up, like I was constantly doing.

Cult of Personality I actually did with either Road Rage or Bottle Rockets (sorry, don't remember which)/Blast Notes/Super Guitar. It wasn't too hard with that set up.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #60
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentnnc View Post
Sing - My Chemical Romance
Cutoff: 294,000
Power ups: Bottle Rocket - Blast Notes - Super Guitar
Stay with bass/keyboard as much as possible, as they both tend to get breaks before chorus sections.

At the end, head for the drums, keep playing and make sure you know when to head straight to keyboard to hit the sustain note at the end.

Godammit.
A CATSHOVEL is offline   Reply With Quote