PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band Blitz
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #61
agentnnc

USB Connector's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A CATSHOVEL View Post

Godammit.
Well damn, that stings. I'll change it to the lowest value I have in my friends list on RBW.
"What you own is your own kingdom. What you do is your own glory. What you love is your own power. What you live is your own story. In your head is the answer let it guide you along. Let your heart be the anchor and the beat of your soul."

- Rush (Something for Nothing)
agentnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #62
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentnnc View Post
Well damn, that stings. I'll change it to the lowest value I have in my friends list on RBW.
I just got it. It popped during the ending bonus going from 296,xxx to 297,xxx, so I'm guessing it is 297,000.
A CATSHOVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #63
agentnnc

Quote:
I just got it. It popped during the ending bonus going from 296,xxx to 297,xxx, so I'm guessing it is 297,000.
Any tips I can add to the guide? It seems quite a few people are struggling with it.
"What you own is your own kingdom. What you do is your own glory. What you love is your own power. What you live is your own story. In your head is the answer let it guide you along. Let your heart be the anchor and the beat of your soul."

Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #64
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
Also, I have a few nitpicks:

The name of the Queen song is "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...)," not just "Death on Two Legs."

The name of the Kelly Clarkson song is "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," not just "Stronger."

"A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" is alphabetized starting with "Little," so it should be between "Kids in the Street" and "Moves Like Jagger."

"The Wicker Man" is alphabetized starting with "Wicker," so it should be the last song on the list, after "We Are Young."
Old 09-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #65
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentnnc View Post
Any tips I can add to the guide? It seems quite a few people are struggling with it.
For Sing, specifically? I got ~147,000 point with Jackpot instead of using Bottle Rockets. I still used Blast Notes and Super Guitar, though.

For the most part, I would say that Jackpot, Blast Notes, and Super Guitar can handle most songs.

Last edited by A CATSHOVEL; 09-08-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #66
agentnnc

Quote:
Also, I have a few nitpicks:

The name of the Queen song is "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...)," not just "Death on Two Legs."

The name of the Kelly Clarkson song is "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," not just "Stronger."

"A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" is alphabetized starting with "Little," so it should be between "Kids in the Street" and "Moves Like Jagger."

"The Wicker Man" is alphabetized starting with "Wicker," so it should be the last song on the list, after "We Are Young."
I made the changes in my notepad document. Next time I update the guide they'll be in the right order and have the full names.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #67
SkinnyBin

SkinnyBin's Gamercard
Cheers for the guide!

Got my precious medal achievo yday!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #68
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
Another nitpick is that in the strategy for "Always" it lists the power-up to use as Bandmate, but the actual strategy talks about Jackpot.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #69
agentnnc

I've updated the guide with all of the suggestions. I also included the video of Shout as I found it to be a great model for beating it. I got gold on my second try after watching the video (so 4 tries total). I also added in strategies for moves like jagger (I forgot to write them in when I originally gold starred the song). I also did some cleaning to make alternate strategies easier to see.

Also, how is this guide not stickied when the achievement guide is?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #70
agentnnc

I got my last gold stars on so far away. I don't think there's anything more to add unless someone finds more accurate point cutoffs (which these are pretty close). If anyone else wants to add information post away and I'll add it next time I log in, but I feel the guide is complete.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #71
TigaSefi

Tigasefi's Gamercard
Can someone let me know what the average multiplier you gotten on each song so i know when to stop hopping channels and get jackpot and super instrument concentrated on?
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #72
agentnnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi View Post
Can someone let me know what the average multiplier you gotten on each song so i know when to stop hopping channels and get jackpot and super instrument concentrated on?
Generally speaking on the songs in the guide that use jackpot you use it when it's safe but mainly aim for max multipliers and then pretty much disregard all else during the final few checkpoints.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #73
Korahn

korahn 27's Gamercard
Yeah, i think this is one achievement I won't be getting anytime soon. I think it took me about 4 or 5 tries to just get 5 stars on Shout.
Korahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #74
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korahn View Post
Yeah, i think this is one achievement I won't be getting anytime soon. I think it took me about 4 or 5 tries to just get 5 stars on Shout.
I think Shout is generally considered to be one of the harder ones. I've seen a lot of people struggling with it.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #75
agentnnc

Quote:
Generally speaking Shout is the hardest one but it varies from person to person. I suggest saving it for last because you really do need experience on managing the lanes before tackling it.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #76
Tommy Gun

Tommy gun crg's Gamercard
Quote:
Kids in the Street - All-American Rejects
Cutoff: 323,000
Power ups: Bandmate - Blast Notes - Super Drums
I was having trouble with this. Highest I got was 316k, and after trying other methods, I got it by focusing ENTIRELY on drums after the final gate. I can play that part perfectly, so I was able to rack up tons of points in that final stretch. I ended with 344k. Of course, maybe I'm also just better at the song now, but I'd recommend this if you're having trouble.

SING:
I used Jackpot, and got 109k from it. Total score 300k. I didn't use it on any specific instrument, I was just very careful jumping around, though I did try to use it on (super) guitar if that multiplier wasn't all the way up.

DIAMOND EYES:
Used Jackpot here too, got 143k with it. Total score 451k. Again, jumped around a ton.

And I'm done! Achievement unlocked! Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm really starting to like Jackpot.

Last edited by Tommy Gun; 09-12-2012 at 01:56 AM. Reason: added more tips
Tommy Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #77
Korahn

korahn 27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
I was having trouble with this. Highest I got was 316k, and after trying other methods, I got it by focusing ENTIRELY on drums after the final gate. I can play that part perfectly, so I was able to rack up tons of points in that final stretch. I ended with 344k. Of course, maybe I'm also just better at the song now, but I'd recommend this if you're having trouble.

SING:
I used Jackpot, and got 109k from it. Total score 300k. I didn't use it on any specific instrument, I was just very careful jumping around, though I did try to use it on (super) guitar if that multiplier wasn't all the way up.

DIAMOND EYES:
Used Jackpot here too, got 143k with it. Total score 451k. Again, jumped around a ton.

And I'm done! Achievement unlocked! Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm really starting to like Jackpot.

ugh, played Kids in the Street about 6 times in a row today and highest I got was 308,468. Have a total of 10 songs left to get gold but I'm really getting sick of this song. I try Jackpot but I almost always screw up on one little part or something and boom - wasted. Maybe I'll just use it on an easy lane of whatever song I'm doing and not move.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #78
KloudStrife

KloudStrife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A few of my Gold Stars if anyone hasn't attempted the songs but has them. I got all golds at least 30 seconds before the song ended..

Disturbed - The Game; 256,931 Road Rage, Blast Notes, Super Guitar. It seems as though Super Bass would be a better choice.

Blink-182 - All the Small Things; 219,919 RR, Blast, Super Drums.

Blink-182 - What's My Age Again? 192,532 RR, Blast, Super Guitar.

KloudStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #79
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Bam, Gold Stars on all. Thanks for the "Shout" video, agentnnc, using it a little in the first 1/3 of the song and then hoarding it for the guitar sustains at the end made all the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KloudStrife View Post
A few of my Gold Stars if anyone hasn't attempted the songs but has them. I got all golds at least 30 seconds before the song ended..

Disturbed - The Game; 256,931 Road Rage, Blast Notes, Super Guitar. It seems as though Super Bass would be a better choice.

Blink-182 - All the Small Things; 219,919 RR, Blast, Super Drums.

Blink-182 - What's My Age Again? 192,532 RR, Blast, Super Guitar.
Maybe more appropriate for a new thread since this thread pertains entirely to the achievement of gold starring all songs that came with the game.

Last edited by Felonious Monk; 09-12-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: only you can stop double posting
Felonious Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #80
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
ugh, played Kids in the Street about 6 times in a row today and highest I got was 308,468. Have a total of 10 songs left to get gold but I'm really getting sick of this song. I try Jackpot but I almost always screw up on one little part or something and boom - wasted. Maybe I'll just use it on an easy lane of whatever song I'm doing and not move.
Try just using bottle rockets instead of jackpot and focus on the drum track.

The bottle rocket spamming method is pretty damn effective for almost any song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #81
Felonious Monk

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post

Save for songs with long two lane or less sections. Like Tribute. The song that this guy is currently #1 on the leaderboards on. Him and Johnny B Blade are murdering me right now.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #82
TigaSefi

Tigasefi's Gamercard
Finally done Sing. 100% the solo and use jackpot on super guitar which should be around x15 and you are golden.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #83
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
Quote:

Would you say that Bottle Rockets are better than Road Rage, in general?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #84
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
Save for songs with long two lane or less sections. Like Tribute. The song that this guy is currently #1 on the leaderboards on. Him and Johnny B Blade are murdering me right now.
To be honest, the only reason I went for the Tribute #1 spot was because I seen you post about it and I felt like being a douche.

Edit: Using flame notes and bandmate on Buster Voodoo is hilarious. The top score is currently 3.8 million.

Quote:
Would you say that Bottle Rockets are better than Road Rage, in general?
I've really never found a situation where road rage has been more useful than bottle rockets, but I haven't used road rage much outside of the songs that the guide suggests.
Quote:

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 09-12-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #85
Korahn

korahn 27's Gamercard
Tried bottle rockets before but to little effect it seemed. Looking at the cutoffs on the first post, I am just a hair short for the Wicker Man so i should get that soon. As for the other 9... I'll give the bottle rockets a try and hopefully improve my scores enough over some time.

Current highest scores achieved on non gold-starred songs:
Bang Your Head - 346,278
Cult of Personality - 339,720
Diamond Eyes - 382,657
Give It Away - 271,751
I'm Still Standing - 227,566
Kids in the Street - 308,468
Shout - 372,685
Sing - 265,669
Spoonman - 301,020
The wicker Man - 394,463
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #86
Felonious Monk

Quote:
To be honest, the only reason I went for the Tribute #1 spot was because I seen you post about it and I felt like being a douche.
Sad part is that I'm not even trying for #1, just trying to beat a score war. Let me tell you how that's going as of this moment:

Johnny B Blade: 375,057 (1 attempt)
HopeStillFlies: 372,300 (57 attempts)

And I'm still going to work on it when I get back tonight.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #87
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
Tried bottle rockets before but to little effect it seemed. Looking at the cutoffs on the first post, I am just a hair short for the Wicker Man so i should get that soon. As for the other 9... I'll give the bottle rockets a try and hopefully improve my scores enough over some time.

Current highest scores achieved on non gold-starred songs:
Bang Your Head - 346,278
Cult of Personality - 339,720
Diamond Eyes - 382,657
Give It Away - 271,751
I'm Still Standing - 227,566
Kids in the Street - 308,468
Shout - 372,685
Sing - 265,669
Spoonman - 301,020
The wicker Man - 394,463
Um, I don't know if it would help, but I could upload a video gold starring one of these songs using bottle rockets so you can see how other people use it.

I'll leave it up to you, I don't want to seem like I'm whoring for youtube views here.
Quote:

Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #88
Felonious Monk

Quote:
I'll leave it up to you, I don't want to seem like I'm whoring for youtube views here.
It's relevant and you're contributing. Let it ride, I say.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #89
Korahn

korahn 27's Gamercard
Quote:
Um, I don't know if it would help, but I could upload a video gold starring one of these songs using bottle rockets so you can see how other people use it.

I'd definitely like to see it. Any time I use bottle rockets my score is lower than it is if I use Road Rage or Band Mate
Old 09-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #90
TigaSefi

Tigasefi's Gamercard
I have managed to narrow the list down to Cult of Personality and Diamond Eyes. DE puzzles me as I got 425k and I have no idea how I managed that as I can't get anywhere near it as 1) the guitar completely kills my blitz as I can't get more than 89% on it and rockets seem ineffective but there lots of overdrive to collect but I am too busy collecting them at the end to make much of a dent on super guitar. Oh well I'll get there!!