PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
40 hours with XCOM

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...m/#more-124165

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...enemy-unknown/

Gets better and better
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.

Last edited by Tieg; 09-15-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
"I’ve been playing a preview version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the past few days. I haven’t really been doing anything else, except occasionally falling to sleep in front of my computer and dreaming about XCOM. I apologise in advance for the length and possible incoherence of what follows. I’m giddy, maybe I’m rambling, but I’m as excited about a game as I have been in a long time. No coy introduction here; XCOM is marvellous and now that I’m not playing it, all I want to do is talk about it, write about it, and jump up and down hollering about it."

That was all I needed to read
Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 View Post
"Iíve been playing a preview version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the past few days. I havenít really been doing anything else, except occasionally falling to sleep in front of my computer and dreaming about XCOM. I apologise in advance for the length and possible incoherence of what follows. Iím giddy, maybe Iím rambling, but Iím as excited about a game as I have been in a long time. No coy introduction here; XCOM is marvellous and now that Iím not playing it, all I want to do is talk about it, write about it, and jump up and down hollering about it."

That was all I needed to read
Funny...I felt the same way...this game will rock
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
madmarx187

madmarx187's Gamercard
This pushed my excitement to new levels
madmarx187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
DEG23
Addicted to Iggy

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I have to admit i was a little taken back when they started talking about losing squad members and that saving half the civilians was win. I'm one of those gamers that will often reload a save if i lose a single unit in a battle but on the other hand it is nice to see that aspect from a realism point of view.

On a slightly unrelated note i think we should start our very own x360a Ironman mode, Impossible challenge to see you can make it the furthest through the game
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
EngagedMetal7

EngagedMetal7's Gamercard
Played the demo today, can't wait to get this game, it was amazing!!!
EngagedMetal7 is offline   Reply With Quote